H&M Employee Reviews

great starter job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 19, 2016
I truly learned the meaning of teamwork with this job, my co workers were outstanding. Even when we were tired we all worked together to get the job done.
Typical work day and management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 19, 2016
Working at H&M has brought so many opportunities. Working in various areas of the store instead of the same routine everyday helps expand your knowledge of the entire store. H&M has one of the best management teams ever. They are so understanding and will work with you in every situation. The managers don't thrown tasks on you that they wouldn't do themselves. We all work as a team to get the job done. WE ARE ONE TEAM!!!
Pros
your birthday is a paid holiday
Cons
hours are cut when times are slow
Retail
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJanuary 16, 2016
Overall a good time working there, it was my job for 2 years, looking to advance my career opportunities now. Want to try a different approach at customer service
Pros
flexible Schedule
Cons
10 hours a week
productive and active workplace
LOGISTICS/ INVENTORY LEAD (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2016
it was a great company to work for. great opportunity for growth and developmental believe in people and there journey.
Needs better management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2016
Its a great company to work for but the store needs better management. Co-works are great and the area is pleasant, just needs better managers
Fun Environment where you could freely be yourself
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAJanuary 14, 2016
At H&M, there was never a dull moment. It was tons of fun. The co-workers were fun to be around, and the managers never patronized the workers. Everyone learned from everyone. There was no hard part of this job to me, simply because I enjoyed everything about it. When you love what you do, there are no complaints. I also love how they did not judge your outer appearance. You were able to come to work with the craziest hair colors, the most extreme tattoos, and all the piercings you wanted, as long as you were dressed appropriately.
Pros
Rewarded for hard work
Great place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 13, 2016
Great place to work the culture is awesome the people who own it are down to earth and take care of there people.The company would by lunches and treat employees awesome.
i did not enjoy this store
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 11, 2016
it was ok. Had a cold vibe from the employees and management and i didn't really feel welcome. They were very understaffed so it made for tough days with large work loads
If your not working at a Global Flagship expect things to be very rough
Operation Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Herald Square NYCJanuary 11, 2016
Come in and perform routines involving maintaining floors, bathrooms, mirrors, cash point, mop, and help others.

Learned how to effectively use teamwork to tackle big jobs

Management are mainly great just got to watch out for those individuals who don't favor you and supervisors who are trying to get the leg up

Hardest part of the job is being disrespected and having management not do anything but expect you to be nice. Also contradictions are very common.

I use to enjoy when I was able to come into work and people showed up but when they didn't things got a bit hectic because of coverage.
Pros
Pay is decent, benefits.
Cons
No set schedule, must meet certain deadlines, micro managed at first
Great Company To Work For
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 11, 2016
excellent company with excellent benefits, the only thing is that management stretches you so thin sometimes it sometimes takes its toll.
Pros
benefits, perks, discount
Cons
stretched very thin.
Fun workplace with a diverse staff
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Days at H&M were fun and fast paced. I learned a lot about face-to-face customer service interactions. Management was very helpful a lot of my co-workers and I became close friends. I was able to move up with the company rather quickly, they are great with helping you reach career goals.
Great place
SALES ADVISOR/AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Byron Center, MIJanuary 6, 2016
Very open-minded, cultured place to work. They encourage employees to be creative and to set goals for internal promotions. There is always an opportunity for growth and someone from management willing to coach or lead you in the right direction.
Pros
Flexability
Great company value, not so great people
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2016
Great benefits and job growth opportunity if you have a management team that cares about your development.
Goals and expectations differ between leaders. very rare are management and district on the same page.
Not everyone who is promoted is qualified or deserving of positions. Majority of deciding factor relies on who you know and who likes you.
Pros
benefits and pay and company value
Cons
work load, politics, management
H& m
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 4, 2016
What an amazing company to work for. The truly care about their customers and employees just the same. There is many opportunity for growth and expansion. H&M really allows individuals to be themselves and express themselves.
Organized
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 4, 2016
For someone who is serious about fulfilling a career in retail, H&M is the company for you but if you're like me, where you needed a job to support yourself through college, this is not for you. I love to work in retail but H&M took my job, a part-time employee/ student, to a point where it was too serious for me and I became unhappy. I was worrying and stressing over dilemmas like study for a test and call out or go to work because I don't want to get fired.
Pros
A lot of opportunities to bonus and advance
Cons
Short Breaks, not flexible
Great Mission, Not greatest people
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 3, 2016
I really do like the company but personally I feel like it is my time to go. Like all companies, there are work politics that can either allow you to accelerate or delay your development. It is just a matter of whether the pay compensates for the company culture.
customer service
Sales adviser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2016
i love being a sales adviser meeting new people everyday helping them find what what they need and explaining our ongoing sales and deals at the moment theirs always ways to develop and grow in retail
Pros
free lunches and breakfast and discount
Cons
crazy hours
great
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 1, 2016
I loved working here. Only left bc store closed and no open positions where I would consider living. Company feels like u work for a family run business where u are valued and appreciated
Productive and fun workplace
Sales/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 30, 2015
I honestly love working for the company cause not only its my favorite store but i love the people i work with. There's really nothing hard there you just have to be open to doing and thing , trust the people i work with make you feel right at home .
Fun place to work
Full time sales department manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 29, 2015
Best job I ever had. Fun place to work and learn about retail. Most enjoyable part of the job were the friendships I made and the experience I gained.