H&M Employee Reviews

Found 1,042 reviews matching the search
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDFebruary 1, 2017
The employees are very outgoing and helpful . Great hours and great pay . Great location , always busy never a slow day . when closing you can expect to stay a little later than usual .
alright
Merchandising/Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 31, 2017
i worked here for about 2 years while going to school, the job was ok a little annoying with all the micro managing. it was just fun to splurge and buy clothes when i wanted.
Fun place to work
Full Time Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 31, 2017
An ordinary day at H&M is usually fast pace. You'll learn great indirect customer service. This company has high expectations when it comes to customer service. Management needs a bit of an upgrade with associates , but this place was one of the best places I had worked in.
it was fun to work at H&M
Sale Advisor (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTJanuary 28, 2017
I got into depression and it was hard to work like that but I really like and enjoy work with the h&m company they are really understanding on every subject
Gptw
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 27, 2017
Working with this company has its ups and down, course it's retail life. But the many things u learn and take away from this job is inevitable. Like values is something that this company realy stress upon.. this place is a GPTW..
Pros
Benefits is really good
Cons
Work life's balance is not there
Fun workplace
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 27, 2017
The environment was fun. It was always nice to see the collaborations before the public. The staff and management were really cool and down to earth.
Good Retail
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 27, 2017
A typical day at work is filled with ample amounts of work to get done. I learned very quickly how to multi task. I had a great management team. The most enjoyable part of the job was coaching others to be the best they could be. The hardest part of the job was working under pressure at all times.
Pros
Great Benefits
Sales Associate
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 27, 2017
• Assist and consult with customers to determine needs, assess personal style, and recommend and find best-fit items.
• Train and mentor new associates on procedures and sales techniques.
• Consistently maintain top performance in sales and totals.
• Offer ideas to management for marketing strategies, as well as customer satisfaction improvements.
• Routinely involved with stock maintenance and periodic inventory counts.
• Skillfully merchandised products in an aesthetic manner to be visually appealing to customers
• Ensured the storefront looked presentable, compelling, and pleasing to customers.
• Generated sales through optimized visual merchandising, inventory availability, and personalized assistance.
• Ring up customer purchases, and operate cash registers.
• Organizing, preparing and arranging promotional materials and displays.
• Regularly keep up with changing trends within the industry which enables me to assist customers identify upcoming new trends and ideas
• Sales floor leader responding to questions and concerns or any assists while manager was absent
• Cash drawer audits
Pros
Showcasing new merchandise
Cons
not learning enough from a visual position
Productive, fun at times, but low hours if not full-time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DCJanuary 26, 2017
Work days were fun and busy at the same time. I learned how some managers only promote their favorite workers regardless of performance. The workplace is always full of amazing and different styles and expressions of people, and their personalities. The hardest part of the job would be the low amount of hours you worked per week if you was not full-time, and the most enjoyable part of the job would be working with the team, and meeting new people making great bonds.
H&M is a great job to have.
Retail/Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 26, 2017
H&M is great if you love retail. You get amazing discounts and the job is actually fun. We had so many events for staff. Theres always room to advance. Thank you H&M for giving me the opportunity to work for your company. It is missed everyday.
Pros
Discounts, great managers, great coworkers, you can grow in this company
Cons
don't have any
Stylish clean and productive enviroment with great staff and managment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2017
A wonderful place to begin a career in retail and sales. They offer great training and skills to work in any retail environment.
The stores sells beautiful clothes, accessories, and makeup at an affordable price.
Pros
higher than minimum wage pay
Cons
strict dress code
I love my 25% off
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2017
This job will keep you on your toes especially on the weekends, this job is just like any other retail job. Folding clothes and taking customers at the checkout
Fun and Fast Paced
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 20, 2017
It was my part-time job I had while I was in college, and I fell in love with the foundation upon which the company was built. Everyone who works there had similar values, allowing personalities to mesh better, resulting in a productive and enjoyable team culture. Furthermore, I enjoyed working with fashion and consulting with customers. The fun and fast-paced environment made the time fly and was a great place to work.
work day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Braintree Highlands, MAJanuary 20, 2017
cashier
clean
money handling
customer service
answer phone calls
greets customers

workplace is a diverse community
friendly everyone loves coming to work
Great Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 20, 2017
It typically gets busy during the weekends. You will be walking and standing a lot majority of the time at work. I was able to learn how to talk to more people & listen to people's lives. You have to be outgoing and basically put on a who new persona because you are trying to sell clothes. You usually have to make sure you are always doing something; such as, cleaning the store or putting back clothes from the fitting room, or else the store will start to get backed up. Time goes by super fast when it's busy, but you tend to get tired. When it is slow; however, it becomes dead. It becomes so dead you would want to do something. My store had a good coworkers. I actually loved them and it felt like a family.
I like working at H&M because I can usually dress how I want to dress. IF you are good at handling people & not let people get to your skin, then you should be fine.
Pros
Good discount, Free food on busy days, Family-oriented, Benefits
Cons
Could pay more, Walking/Standing Majority of the time
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2017
A relaxed but also fast past environment but also friendly. Very team oriented and always keeping it simple. Hardest part is the costumer volume but has a great teamwork
I love this job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoJanuary 18, 2017
I love totally the way they treat the employees. This company is not for everyone but i learned a lot here, they teach me how to fold or do a great marketing.
constant movement, little resting, two breaks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 18, 2017
Very busy work environment. There is never time to stop working. Hardest, most stressful part of the job is cleaning up the mess at the end of the night, customers tend to shop messy. Besides cleaning the mess, if the safe is off due to a register being counted wrong, it takes forever to figure out. Normally, when I close, we do not have this problem. I am very efficient in everything I do. I am a full-timer and take full responsibility. I finish cleaning two full departments by myself and help close the registers down by the time the other sales advisors are finished with one department. My co-workers are very nice and we all work as one team, as well as the management. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I will have a nice paycheck as H&M offers great pay.
benefits
Cons
no fixed schedule
Fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Very fast pace setting. You can always show off who you truly are by fashion! Fun place to work with great values! Each person you meet teaches you something new!
Pros
Part-time Benefits
very nice place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  StockholmJanuary 18, 2017
I have no cons for this company. I absolutely love them.

Great place to work. They really respect their employees and you can definitely grow there.
Pros
they respect employees
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.