H&M Employee Reviews

Productive workplace but no work-life balance
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 26, 2017
I learned to read sales reports and create differences on the sales floor to increase sales and give ideas to customers through merchandising. A typical day would be me checking reports and then going to a functioned station and switching every other hour. The hardest part of the job is the hours and non- regular hours required. I have had a closing shift from 3pm to 12am and then I was scheduled the next day from 5am to 2pm.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Hours
good part time job
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2017
good part time employment. fast paced, able to switch positions within the company, sales representative to visual artist, etc. flexible schedules and management.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 24, 2017
H&M is a great company in itself, but never will I ever want to work for them again. The management at the Austin store at the Domain is poor. Favoritism everywhere and they only care about policy when it comes to people they do not like. I spoke out to HR and became a target and was targeted by management, specifically one Department Manager. A typical day at this store is stressful beyond belief with no balance between functions. I've spent 8 hours at the register once with little to no backup when the line became extremely long. The management also is very sporadic and they become stressed easily and cannot lead.
Pros
Wellness and Vacation Days
Cons
Poor Management
Ok
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 21, 2017
They is a good company to work for, they do work with you, I just felt they did me wrong at the end of my truck pay off. They make sure you get home on time
H&M is a great place to work.
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 21, 2017
H&M is a great place to work. Learning is always encouraged and every day is different. H&M and its managers will work with you to allow for people who are students to still maintain a schedule that works with their availability.

There are opportunities to travel and to fulfill many different roles. Everyone wants to coach and also to learn.
CSC is not so good
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2017
HM is a good company to work for but they don't really value people. Promotions are given based on who likes who and managers do not distinguish between personal relationships and business.
Fun place to work, retail is a headache
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXNovember 20, 2017
Although retail can be quite the stresser, I really enjoyed the people I worked with as well as the objective of the H&M company which really takes care of its employees first.
Fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2017
working here was fun, however, it felt like I was attending high school. people seemed to not be able to keep their personal feelings, opinions, and life outside of work.
Fast-paced enviroment
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 18, 2017
Work culture is everything, some people contain the company values while others do not. Each store is not consistent due to various management styles. I used to love to work for company however, theres so much favoritism within my current district that its killed my passion for the workplace. H&M CAN BE a great place to work, depends on your store and district, unfortunately. H&M offers great benefits. Also if you're interested in management - theres definitely room to grow.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
favoritism
Fast paced environment
Sales Associate  (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 17, 2017
Helping customers and providing great service was a typical day, answering questions and the culture was decent. No room for growth wanted to become more.
A company that excels
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2017
H&M has been one of the greatest and if not the most exciting companies I have worked for in my early work history. It offers opportunities like no other, and rather than fill in the work gaps with new hires, they’ll look within the building before looking outside. It’s challenging, but that challenge is a huge opportunity to practice with, so that you’re prepared for life.
Pros
Amazing Staff and Work Policies
Cons
Routeens
productive place to work
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTNovember 16, 2017
I really enjoyed working at H&M the management team was very nice and understanding when i had to go to school and work at the same time. The team dynamic is great everybody works together to create a great place to shop and work, There benefits were great for the employees and the company allowed us to move up, I would highly recommend this place to work for anyone
Pros
great teamwork
fast paced environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SoHo, NYNovember 15, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of managing a team of professionals making sure that everything was organized so the day can run smoothly
I learned how to interact with different personalities accordingly
Worplace culture met societies expectations in a sense that no one was obligated to being or acting a certain way and everyne was able to be themselves as long as they were not endangering another's safety
The hardest part of the job was transitioning from a sales associate to a supervisor because it was a process of development and working your way to supervisor from being an associate
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the employees and customers and being able to maintain peace for a professional environment
Pros
Dealing and interacting with others
Cons
long work hours
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILNovember 15, 2017
They offer benefits that alot of companies don't have.
Management is great and always tries to make things fun.
Though with any customer service position, most customers are difficult to deal with, which makes the Job a bit unbearable. And good luck getting any weekend off, its like pulling teeth getting a Friday or Saturday approved for time off.
Pros
Paid Wellness days. Store discount. Great start pay.
Cons
Weekends have to be open. Never get weekends off. Late nights. Stressful.
Great fashion place to work
Lingerie Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTNovember 14, 2017
Very quick paced and fast fashion. People are there for the trendy atmosphere and the culture. Worst part of working there was closing at night where you cleaned up the store. The best part of working there was all the benefits that came with it.
Pros
Discount, paid time off
Cons
Retail
Fun place to work with a great work life balance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 14, 2017
As a company really values your time and life outside of work. never had a problem asking for time off or felt intimidated bringing up issues with the managers.
productive fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDNovember 14, 2017
busy
outgoing employees
good management
well rounded in culture
closing store down most difficult
customers most enjoyable
cash register deals with lots of customers which was the best part of the job. so many people to communicate with.
Worked here for 2 years great enviroment
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CANovember 14, 2017
Although it was a retail job, at the mall it was a very clean store although it could get messy. Management was okay discounts were cool and flexible hours
Pros
discounts flexible hours
Cons
messy, retail, clothes on floor, rude customers
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 13, 2017
Could not accommodate my school schedule, management was lacking motivation, always short staffed, never enough time to do specific projects, employees attitudes not okay
typical day at work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 13, 2017
just do exactly what you are supposed to, its very stress free, and you create friendships with the people you work with. I love my managers, they are all super cooool.
Pros
great benefits, paid good for retail, growth opportunities
Cons
low coverage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.