H&M
1,195 reviews

H&M Employee Reviews

Expect change
Sales Associate/Team Leader (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 31, 2015
Cons: Management
Unlike the founders in Sweden, management and corporate may not support or nourish your drive to advance. Other than that, it is like any other retail job. There are your hard workers, just enough-ers, and slackers.
Lowes /greeter& customer service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2015
Pros: yearly bonus pay out paid holidays
Cons: not having a set schedule
A typical work day Process paper work for lost product, keep customers on file for theft and any suspicious actions, validate receipts for purchase date and time, Customer service rep. bill payments and handling front desk duties. From working at Lowe's i learned a great amount of things the store policy how to handle customers when they are upset and computer skills and training refunds returns and also payment processing. Management is pretty good helpful with learning new things and also allowing you to learn new things in the in case a new position come up. My coworkers are very hands on and helpful and we work together as a team to satisfy customers on a daily basis. I wouldn't say no part of the job was hard with the proper training. The most enjoyable thing about the job would be learning new things since it’s a big store and we sale a wide verity of things you learn about product daily and every day you get to deal with customer’s hands on which is a good leaning experience
My Experience
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2015
Pros: benefits, development, values
Cons: policies, red tape
I loved working for the company because every day brought a new challenge and every day was an opportunity to learn and grow. The atmosphere among the team was like a family. We supported one another and got along. The hardest part of the job would probably be the fast pace. Sometimes it was easy to get a little overwhelmed with things. Overall, the job was great and the company offered great benefits. H&M really cares about the individuals that work for them.
Good place to work at especially if you're a college student
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 28, 2015
It was a good company to work for. Decent starting pay. Annual raises are not too bad. The managers aren't very good though. It vary high school like with favoritism. I am earning a minor in Business Administration (2 classes away from completion) and I could do a better job than the managers. Managers occasionally like to play the "we'll fire you card" but they really don't. Some co-workers are cool people and others aren't but nothing is worse than a rude customer in particular if they are from Mexico, NOT ALL but a few are REALLY BAD. They act as if they are the most important person in the world.
H&M Ridgedale, Minnetonka
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNMay 26, 2015
H&M was my first job in a retail setting. I was a non-commission sales associate. My job entailed working the fitting rooms, unloading new merchandise and placing it on the sales floor; three shipments a week. Also, working at the cash register, helping people with purchases and returns, in addition to checking stock and making price adjustments. I had a lot of fun working for H&M, and enjoyed working with a diverse group of people. The corporate culture was environmentally conscious, using sustainable practices, this is something I value as well.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMay 23, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks friends
Cons: healthcare
busy all day fast pace work environment the management was easy to talk to and will work with your personal schedule My most enjoyable part was gaining friends outside of work
Was not happy or treated like my needs mattered
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2015
Pros: discounts and first dips on all new garments
Cons: health care, employee concerns not meet.
I was giving full time hours with a part time title, was not offered my benefits after my first year was done. And lost my medical benefits from the state due to their lack of responsibility .

H&M on 34th & 7th is a good store for customers but not for employees .
Work Place
Sales (Current Employee), New York NYMay 20, 2015
Working at H&M is fine. Its a great balance between work and school. The work environment is fast pace and its always hours.
hard place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 17, 2015
its a very interesting place to work.The people you meet really become part of your family.The hardest part about my job is sometimes having to deal with the whole floor myself.
Productive and Good place to work at
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Saugus, MAMay 14, 2015
Pros: 15 minute breaks with a 30 to an hour break and 25% off on sale and off sale items
Cons: Busy Saturdays
Management were very passive aggressive. I learned about the retail atmosphere and more techniques for better customer service. Co-workers were like family and very welcoming. There wasn't anything really difficult about the job it just became second nature. the most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits and the music.
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Aventura, FLMay 14, 2015
Pros: 1
Cons: 1w
Great place to work, Very fast paced environment, Friendly coworkers. employees always gets recognized for their hardwork
Fast paced casual environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), BostonMay 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: technology
Fun, fast paced environment with growth potentials
Boston MA
learned multi-tasking
Hardest part of my job is the lack of modern technology
AWESOME PLACE TO WORK
GREAT TRAINING PROGRAM
GREAT TRAVEL PLAN
MERCHANDISING IS EASY TO LEARN AND ADHERE TO
GREAT MANAGERS
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 7, 2015
Everyone was nice. I liked working there. Managers where nice as well as the co-workers. Very fast pace. Closing sucks but that goes for any store. Only thing i didn't like was after being a seasonal worker i re applied and got denied.
love H&M
Store Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 6, 2015
Pros: learning
Cons: schedule
great place to work and learn retail they care about their team members. if you work hard they always take notice and reward you
Fun work place
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAMay 4, 2015
I very much enjoyed working at H&M. The employees and managers were great. It was a nice environment to work, customers were great some better than others but it was a great experience.
H&M
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 4, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: stressful
great environment, especially for people into fashion at a decent price. The pay is decent and the staff is friendly. Nice discounts and great way to develop your eye for detail.
PT is random at best but you have some good managers
Sales Representative (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMay 3, 2015
Pros: Fast pace (day goes by fast), 1hr lunches, 25% discount for employee
Cons: PT'ers schedule is super random, workload is intense sometimes
As a PT sales associate your typical duties will range depending on your availability

8am-1pm is typically working truck so you'll be sorting clothes most of that shift. Its super face pace since they need to keep up with district mandated times. Sometimes you'll make it, sometimes you wont. You're also at the mercy of the person you're working with, if they're fast you'll need to keep up with them.

9am-2pm is mostly running. You're given a certain department or concept to run from the back and you have about 15min per rack to work with. Depending how fast the truck team works gauges how many racks you have to do on your shift.

3pm-5pm is mostly store floor. You'll be cleaning departments and running clothes from fitting rooms and behind cash points.

5pm-10pm is closing. This shift is the same as 3-5 but at 9pm thats when they assign you a department or concept and you have to clean up and close it and move on to another department to help close as well.

Its pretty much an easy job, lots of walking and interacting with customers. If your ever given register exclusively be prepared to be there most of your shift. If your "H&M fast" get used to that being your particular role in the store. After a few weeks or months the managers will get a feel of who you are and what your capable doing good and your shift will changed accordingly. I started out doing different shifts and register work and now I almost always work mornings with truck or running, depending on which manager is with you.

If you're PT be prepared to have a pretty random schedule. Its not too frequent – more... but when it happens it sucks, but its not completely rare to every so often have more than 3 days off at a time. I've had as much as a week off from work in the 5 moths i've worked here.

Im not too concerned about it but there are moments where I wish I didn't have to worry about not working for more than a few days.

Dept managers are for the most part nice. Some care way more than others and you can tell but it is what it is in a hourly job, especially if this is your first job or a job while you search for something more permanent or professional – less
Great company
Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: District
Started after high school as a part time associate and worked my way up to a manager. Great benefits and got to travel for the company and meet great people in other parts of the country.
A fun place to learn,grow,travel,and express your entrepreneural spirit
Department Manager (Former Employee), queens centerApril 30, 2015
H&M was a fun fast paced environment that gives you the opportunity to grow and learn the tricks and trade of the retail world.

About H&M

As one of the world’s largest fashion companies with more than 116,000 employees worldwide, H&M is an exciting and dynamic – Read more

H&M Salaries