H&M Employee Reviews

Worked here for 2 years great enviroment
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CANovember 14, 2017
Although it was a retail job, at the mall it was a very clean store although it could get messy. Management was okay discounts were cool and flexible hours
Pros
discounts flexible hours
Cons
messy, retail, clothes on floor, rude customers
Poor Management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 13, 2017
Could not accommodate my school schedule, management was lacking motivation, always short staffed, never enough time to do specific projects, employees attitudes not okay
typical day at work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 13, 2017
just do exactly what you are supposed to, its very stress free, and you create friendships with the people you work with. I love my managers, they are all super cooool.
Pros
great benefits, paid good for retail, growth opportunities
Cons
low coverage
It's a great company
FT Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLNovember 10, 2017
H&M is a great company overall. There are great benefits, they care about work-life balance and they are constantly opening new stores. There are opportunities to grow because of the growing market.
Pros
It's a great store and company
Cons
Slow season can be slow
Fresh and Fast Paced Company
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 9, 2017
H&M is a great company to work for if you are dedicated to providing excellent customer service. There is definitely much room for career advancement within the retail management field.
Pros
Culture, Pay Rate, Benefits
Cons
Hours, Holiday Hours
I love the company but the management at this store was terrible
Sales Associate/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDNovember 9, 2017
There was literally a new store manager every two months and the communication between the management was terrible. I worked there for a year and was constantly being moved around and being told I would become a full time worker and I even trained people and never received a promotion or a salary increase like I was told. I loved working for H&M because of my shopping addiction and the discount was lovely and I love coming to work because of the different people I worked with. There was always some craziness like drama, but gladly H&M doesn't agree with violence or bullying so those people who did that kind of stuff were let go.
Pros
free food, benefits, discount, and fun
Cons
drama, childish adults, and theres always a new store manager every other month
Fast pace but low pay
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Union Station Plaza, DCNovember 9, 2017
H&M hourly pay is good but they do not give you a good amount of hours or days. They will give you one or three days as a seasonal worker, in today's society that is not enough money to make a living.
Overall good place to work, great benefits, work life balance can be off
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2017
I love working for HnM, but as a district it’s not in the best place and seems they have stopped focusing on the internal people part of our brand and culture
Retail
Sales and Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 7, 2017
Typical retail job - stock merchandise, give excellent customer service, make sure merchandise and store is as clean as possible. Culture is mostly part timers in different walks of life, fun t work with different kinds of people.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Work Weekends and evenings
Fast-paced environment with cool like-minded people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 7, 2017
H&M prides itself on being a great place to work. There is room for growth for anybody who puts in the work. Hardest part of the job is multi-tasking between helping customers and keeping the store tidy. And of course everything heightens during the holidays. H&M pays better than most retail jobs and you get benefits, paid-time off, and wellness. Great job for transitioning into adulthood
great place to work
good company values
constantly developing employees
part time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 6, 2017
good pay, flexible hours. poor management. required people skills. offer customer service. no room for progression. but taught you a lot about yourself in the customer service field.
Fastpaced enviornment & somewhat fun.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 6, 2017
Overall I learned a lot about visual merchandising and clothing as a whole. In the beginning everything was very nice working with, gettign to know how everything works, but towards the end you might get sick of being in the same position and promotions were mostly based on favoritism and they were all FT spots which was a downside.
Pros
employee discounts & special sales, fun work environment depending on the associates & employees
Cons
managers favoring associates, management positions are all Full Time
Fast paced passive work place
Sales Advisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 4, 2017
It was okay I guess. I think my store specifically just wasnt up to par with management and employees. Not sure how other stores fair out as far as that goes though
Great place to work but you must work hard for it!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2017
H&M is a very good company to work for, they implement good values and are very flexible and understanding with employees. Every H&M is different: I've heard stores that have it so much worse than mine was but also shared another store in my state where it was "favorited" by district and our store was like the red-headed step-child. The managers at my particular location were not motivated, so us full-timers were always working extra hard to maintain a sense of calmness and organization, but were always given false promises by our managers. As a full-time employee AND a part-time student it was extremely difficult and stressful at times, but it can be done. If you work hard, keep trucking through the tough times and do not get caught up in other people's business, you will be able to make a lot of connections and learn valuable life/work lessons.
Pros
Great benefits, lots of opportunities
Cons
Not enough growth and development where needed, more communication
Honest experience
Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 3, 2017
The H&M life is a fun one but eventually everybody becomes bored with it because all of the bs there is Favouritism is a huge issue within the company
Pros
discount, company culture
Cons
lack of leadership, hiring body as opposed to talent.
work place
Visual Display Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 3, 2017
A typical day, is performing many task on a time frame, in a fast past environment. The most enjoyable part about the company is the benefits and the option to travel.
Stressful environment
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2017
Overall decent work environment within the management aspect but be prepared to deal with sales advisors who have become complacent due to being with the company for some time.
Pros
Pto
Decent part time work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  EdinburghNovember 2, 2017
I would recommend the sales associate position for anyone looking for part-time work to fill the gaps. I worked in the UK and had decent enough wages, but I can not speak for H&M in the US.
Life at H&M
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 2, 2017
Fast-Paced
Competitive
Growth is possible if you stay consistent and are coach able
Make sure you communicate always and hold peers accountable
Work as if you are always being watched
Give people a reason to invest their time with you and that goes for any job!
A job is only a bad one if you allow it to be due to stress outside of work and your own personal relationship with management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.