H&M Employee Reviews

Secure job fast packed
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  EnglandJanuary 30, 2016
Love working for this company,great environment,absolutely amazing discounts,get on well with co workers and management,however,very understaffed so busy times can be stressful and for the wage you are expected to do so much more,as a sales advisor you are more or less doing a supervisor role,hense there are not such roles here. Also find if your face doesnt fit forget progression or larger contracts,no matter how hard you work it goes unoticed and falls on deaf ears. Overall though I would recommend a job here as you have job security and the company is constantly expanding.
Pros
Discounts, nice friendly work environment, job security
Cons
Zero progression opportunities or larger contracts if your not in the click, two faced staff, extremely understaffed.
Fun Fast Pace Work Environment
Sales Advisor/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 10, 2016
Fun Fast Pace Work Environment H&M could be the best place to work but it all starts with management. Communication and keeping it simple is part of our values. They forget that we as a team make the company great and we need to not forget this is a business not an extension to shop and hang out.
Pros
Paid Birthday Off
Cons
Lack of Hours
Wonderful environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MD 21401July 3, 2016
A typical day at work at H&M, depending on the time you begin and the day of the week, it starts off smoothly and picks up. The more it picks up the more you have to be on your toes and can't let yourself lose rhythm. The co-workers were great and helpful, so was management. The hardest part was making sure you were doing your job efficiently without burning yourself out and getting overwhelmed. The most enjoyable part was always being able to be kept busy.
Productive, fast paced, and challenging, and cool co-workers.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 1, 2016
As a whole, H&M is not a bad company to work for with all the benefits and opportunities. My experience was a constant battle of receiving a consistent schedule allowing me to receive consistent income. Although some weeks, I barely worked, my awesome co workers made up for that. Everybody was fun and cool and exciting to work with, making the experience I had while employed at H&M a lot more enjoyable.
Fast paced and fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTMay 17, 2016
H&M has a great work environment. I really enjoy my co-workers. On a typical day I garment care and run product to the floor from the fitting rooms, and run cash register. People have questions about current discounts going on, or where to find specific items in the store, or need help locating a different size at another store. The hardest part of the job for me is the demand to multi-task: helping more than one customer at a time. I also find it hard to stay on top of current deals to tell people about since I am only part time, but I ask the full timers what is going on, and observe signs so that I know what to tell people about. I enjoy my co-workers most at this job.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
Physically tiring
this company have its days
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 16, 2016
work with this company for 3 years promises for a position that never happen but I still go to work and do my job. I find no matter how hard you try and work it goes unnoticed.
Pros
benifits, 25% off for employees
Cons
no development, no appreciation for the work being done
fun and enjoyable work environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Liberty Townshp, OHNovember 15, 2016
I love working H&M honestly. it's the first job in a long time that I don't mind waking up every morning and going to work. I always look forward to going to work and when I'm not working I wish that I was.
Pros
employee discounts, flexible schedule, great benefits, awesome co-workers.
Cons
the pay isn't great
Sales Advisor
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 15, 2016
This was a pretty easy job the hardest part was when they store was extremely busy and understaffed but the actual job was easy. Your work load depends on which floor you work on and so does how much you see management, communication is an issues but they where working on it before I left. This job I can say took a lot out of me you do a lot with little recognition and there is rarely any progress in the stores development or your professional development.
forever changing
DEPARTMENT MGR (Former Employee) –  NJNovember 15, 2016
good company to work for but it all depends who your upper management was. A typical day at work was always changing depended what had to be completed.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
at times company direction wasn't clear and was always changing
Fast pase and great teamwork.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 31, 2016
The management team is great and they encourage employers to move up in the company and support all sales associates when needed. The have an open door policy which gives us more comfort for us to talk to them when needed. I learned the basic things of retail like the 5 basic demands like smiling, greeting, name tag, saying bye and helping customers in there needs. Also, I learned how the shrink goal is to lose little amount of money which depends how we put sensors on garments and check the fitting rooms at all time so no one steals and the company losing money. My coworkers are very friendly and great team players which always help out to get the work done. One of the hardest part of the job is how to approach other co-workers on getting things done around work without them taking it in a wrong way and them taking it in a defensive tone.
At the end of the day, I enjoy having a job that can make people smile when having a conversation and having great benefits at the job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks

Want to know more about H&M?

Ask a question
Its cool
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GANovember 4, 2016
Easy fast passed job. It requires you to have an open mind and be ready to assist any one who needs help. The pay is great and after 6 months they off opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
have to close on the weekends
Great company to work for!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAAugust 30, 2016
Throughout my years working at H&M, I had a great time with my managers and co-workers. I worked as a part-time. Work schedule was flexible for students like me. Also, growth opportunities are available. I would love to work for H&M again after college.
Pros
Great culture, Seasonal Family & Friends Discount, Growth Opportunities
Great company to work for with many opportunities for growth.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  New England, MAAugust 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time with H&M. The company offered outstanding benefits, room for growth, and a team to always help assist you in obtaining something you strive for.
Fast moving work environment
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2016
Extremely busy work environment that teaches you how to multitask. There are many managers and for the most part they do what is needed of them. Friendly co-workers. The hardest part is getting out at 4am and the best part is the work environment.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Late hours
Needs work
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CANovember 9, 2016
Great company value, not so great people
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2016
Great benefits and job growth opportunity if you have a management team that cares about your development.
Goals and expectations differ between leaders. very rare are management and district on the same page.
Not everyone who is promoted is qualified or deserving of positions. Majority of deciding factor relies on who you know and who likes you.
Pros
benefits and pay and company value
Cons
work load, politics, management
If your not working at a Global Flagship expect things to be very rough
Operation Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Herald Square NYCJanuary 11, 2016
Come in and perform routines involving maintaining floors, bathrooms, mirrors, cash point, mop, and help others.

Learned how to effectively use teamwork to tackle big jobs

Management are mainly great just got to watch out for those individuals who don't favor you and supervisors who are trying to get the leg up

Hardest part of the job is being disrespected and having management not do anything but expect you to be nice. Also contradictions are very common.

I use to enjoy when I was able to come into work and people showed up but when they didn't things got a bit hectic because of coverage.
Pros
Pay is decent, benefits.
Cons
No set schedule, must meet certain deadlines, micro managed at first
productive and fun place to work
full time supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNOctober 27, 2016
Ive had alot of great opportunities and growth with in company. Its my longest job yet in my work career and i am thankful for all of the challenges and the sucesses
Great company, bad store
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 16, 2016
Overall H&M is a great company that seems to care about their employees. However, the management at this particular store does not. Having a second job is frowned on. Instead of believe a person saying "I can do this and have done this before" they just told you how you could not. They also make up scenarios about how in the future this will "screw them over". They tell you up front they will only schedule you 4 to 29 hours. Not enough to pay the bills.

I would love to work for the company. It is great and innovative. However, this store needs to realize that employees are just trying to get by in life and are not out to "screw them over"'. I was not the only person who felt this way. My first day employees were informing about how management does not think realistically when it comes to these things.
Pros
25% off discount
H&m
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2016
The office culture in H&M can fill like prison and the team coaches are the wardens, but the benefits are excellent and you'll make lots of friends. All of you will worry about your job safety however, as the rules seem to instill fear more than respect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.