H&M Employee Reviews

Good open minded work environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Not just your typical retail store. Great compensation. They let you be open minded .It's really not a hard working environment as long as you follow your duties.
Comfortable
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 24, 2017
While working at H&M, I learned working hard pays of. I started as a Sales Associate and than was placed everywhere. I learned of my passion is to help people as well as offer personal styling tips. I discovered my love for working with the public and becoming more fashionable.
I miss it
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2017
Fellow advisors and supervisors are always helpful. We either accomplished as a team or we failed as a time. Ive been able to utilize what I've learned at work in my everyday lifestyle and cherish the connections I've made others.
great for all ages
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2017
very comfortable setting with a very close knit work culture. management will work with your schedule and you have opportunities to learn different things throughout the company
Pros
great work enviroment and discounts
Cons
customers
Stressful not best place to work
Facilities/Maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 22, 2017
Lack of communication Cut salaries do to company saving money
wont give back to staff promotions take long to receive and then go back to square one do to pay cut and positions taken away
Pros
25% off
Cons
what so much for sales advisors but not willing to give back
H&m
FLOOR LEADER (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 21, 2017
While working at H&M, I learned working hard pays off! I started as a Sales Associate and 30 days later I was a floor leader. I learned of my passion to dress mannequins as well as offer personal styling tips. I discovered my love for working with the public and becoming more fashion savvy.
Pros
discounts, working with the public, perosnal styling
Cons
no healthcare because I wasn't full time status
Fast pace and fun
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2017
fast pace environment requires much patience with customers and staff. typical day of work includes running the floor, assisting customers, open communication with staff, handling cash transactions. Management depends on location.
Productive and stressful sometimes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 20, 2017
It’s not a terrible job but I want to focus on my career. My career is what I studied in school which is communications. Some days H&M can get hectic because a lot of people like to shop their. Also there are days were it is very slow. The people at the job are really nice and helpful. Some managers are cool and very understanding. I’ve learned how to be a leader and voice my opinions at this job. The hardest part of the day is usually when we close because you have to clean your section up after people make a mess.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks
Work/life balance
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Responsible for store operations. Receiving and leading truck as well as merchandising product on the floor. Supervising employees so the business runs smoothly.
fun
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 18, 2017
fun place to work. always great music playing. fun people just as long as they are not stuck up. great discounts from all types of clothes to choose from
Pros
discounts
woe
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 16, 2017
incredible work environment that produces efficient driven and focused employees able to thrive in high stress situation. Highly recommended work opportunity
working at hm
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Times Square, NYSeptember 16, 2017
it was a great vibe. the employees were awesome, it was management. they never did what they were supposed to do. they were horrible with following up. they were just bad on communication as well. they were even making me work so much for a pay rate of only 12.75... wasnt worth it at all
Fun employees, terrible management!!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 16, 2017
Before my most recent manager my store was fun and lively and we were a big family, but since she's been here everyone's been quitting. Also, corporate doesn't seem to care that our store is hot af!!!!!
I love the benefits but because of the management and lack of pay raise it's not worth staying
Pros
Discount, benefits
Cons
Management, environment
great pay just not enough hours even with the heavy traffic they would have
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 16, 2017
its a great place to work but if your part time your gonna bearly get hours if its not during the holidays but great pay overall great management and training
Pros
mall discounts, pay
Cons
low hours
Fast-paced and stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2017
My experience at H&M was a small one. I only worked on the sales floor and in the Fitting Rooms. The Sales floor is the most stressful part because as soon as something is nice and neat customers mess it up and its stressful to keep the store clean without chasing customers down every 5 minutes. Also when the layout of the store changes its hard to put the runbacks back.
Pros
Get a visual on the new arrivals before the public
Cons
store hours
Not your typical retail job!
Sales Advisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CASeptember 14, 2017
Fun work place yet also strongly goal driven. Very close work team yet still competitive. Fast-paced environment so you can't fall behind. Great employee discounts and amazing benefits.
Pros
Flexible schedule, benefits, employee discounts, great pay
Cons
Lack of company advancement, poor management, customers
Loved
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 14, 2017
I absolutely loved working for H&M. I made friends for a lifetime there. Their values are so meaningful and they care about the employees. But speak up for yourself.
love this company
Sales advisor Florence Mall (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYSeptember 13, 2017
I would love to grow in this company and do more than Sales advising. my dream is to work in the PR and Marketing team. I would love to get a more behind the scenes role if possible. We'll see how it works out.
Pros
amazing discounts
Fast paced and fun work environment.
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 13, 2017
A great place to work with many benefits. The staff is friendly and welcoming. They are willing to work with anyone and help with any customer needs. This is a very great company to work for where you will make life long friends.
Great benefits, bad hours
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2017
It's easy to move up if you can relocate. If you can't, you need to know the district team well. Great benefits: medical, dental, 401k, vacation time, wellness days, pet insurance, Verizon discount, staff discount etc.
Pros
Plenty vacation time, good culture
Cons
Work on weekends, almost every single week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.