H&M Employee Reviews

Found 1,338 reviews matching the search
Okay place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJune 10, 2017
Not such a bad place to work. The best I have been employed at. Sometimes there are a lot of tasks to do in such a short amount of time. Managers are not always around when you need assistance with customers. Co-workers were great people to work with.
Pros
Good discounts and benefits
Cons
short breaks, no work-life balance
horrible
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2017
Hours are ridiculous. Closing shifts are till 3am or even later. Crazy schedule. Stock team is disorganized. Bad management. Lots of favoritism. Pays well though.
Great company to work for!
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 8, 2017
Great company to work. Very forward thinking. A lot of opportunities to grow with the company. Opportunities to travel and support other stores. Great benefits.
Great benefits, high pressure
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2017
Very fast paced environment, benefits include competent insurance and large amounts of paid time off. Company is based on great values and in theory supports a good company culture. Just like every other fashion retailer, brick and mortar is struggling. This has created huge amounts of pressure and unrealistic reactionary plans. The stores seem to be constantly struggling to remain fully staffed causing more pressure. Overall great company fallen on hard times.
Pros
Great benefits, compensation, advancement
Cons
High pressure, poor morale, unrealistic planning
Dependant upon manager
Designer (Former Employee) –  StockholmJune 8, 2017
H&M is set up to be a fantastic place of work for a life time career. However the pay is low and experience depends greatly on department, investment into department and manager.
Pros
Discount. Work/Life balance
Cons
Bad Management
overall a good company to work for
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 7, 2017
as an owner operator i liked working for them i think their pay scale was better then my last company and the people were easy to get along with great people
Fast pace, great benefits.
Retail Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 7, 2017
I love this company so much. Their values are what I live for. At times this company doesn't 100 percent fulfill those values. I worked in a district where people were welcoming until we switched. Also my SM has put my development on the side. And if you read anywhere h&m is the company to grow with. Great benefits. But I cannot wait forever unfortunately.
Benefits
Cons
No recognition.
it was a good startup job to have
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
My day at work was to make sure nothing was going around the store. I learned about how people are different and think that they would always get away with everything.
meh
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 6, 2017
the benefits are great, the work is fast paced but not hard but management differs from store to store and not all of them are easy to work for. but over all decent company to work for.
H&m
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 6, 2017
Love working here, and meeting new people. The environment is very fast past. As one of the leading companies in the fashion industry, it takes a lot to make sure things are both ran smoothly and efficient.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks
Easy-going job, always something to do
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  York, PA 17402June 6, 2017
I really enjoy working as a Sales Associate for H&M. My daily routine consists of different jobs as you tend to be rotated from cashier duties, running items from the fitting room and organizing/cleaning the sales room, and processing merchandise to be put out on the sales floor. The only downside of working a retail job is that your hours, unless you are full time, are based off of sales. If the store you work at doesn't make sales goals, you aren't given many hours to work.
Pros
hour lunch for 8 (9) hour shifts, paid breaks
Cons
lack of hours due to lack of sales
Great work life balance
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Westchester County, NYJune 6, 2017
Good place to work on a day to day basis, but lacks in areas of environment comfortability. Day to day updates on business performance and upcoming missions are provided daily.
Discount City
Sales Advisor/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2017
The best thing about this retail store isssssss THE DISCOUNT. This is the only thing I miss about working retail. The people are horrible and favoring is definitely on the TOP.
Fast-paced work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDJune 5, 2017
Working at H&M was very stressful on some days and on other days very fun. It is constantly busy there and there was always sometihing to do. Working at the cashiers was pretty much the only easy-going area.
Very trendy and strong beliefs in helping their employees grow
Supervisor/Management (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 5, 2017
Working at H&M is a very fast paced and up to date retail establishment that is very welcoming to its customers and employees. Many skills are gained and I have learned new ways to management my time, develop a keen skill to improvise during adversity, improved my merchandising skills tenfold and learned to be a wise and efficient manager that makes great decisions for the business.
Fun work place with diversity
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTJune 5, 2017
The work culture was my favorite part about working at H&M and made it the most enjoyable.
The hardest part is dealing with the demands of the business when you didn't have enough people scheduled to work that day.
At this specific location, it was hard to keep up with making the store look nice because it is so busy.

A typical day includes running clothing back out on to the floor, answering customer questions, ringing customers up, getting them a fitting room, cleaning up clothing on the floor, and folding and making the clothing racks look nice.
Pros
great people
Cons
makes you physically exhausted
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDJune 5, 2017
A typical day at work was often busy and very productive since there was always something to do. What I learned was how to be a fast paced worker and my social skills got better. I also learned to be able to do any job that was given. Management was very good, had nice employees and managers. The Workplace of the job was that they expected you to do what you're suppose to and you should be able to quickly learn how to do other jobs when needed. They always expect you to do and be your best at the job. The hardest part was cleaning after hours and keep the store clean. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the employees.
Not an easy job but a rewarding one
Visual Stylist & Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2017
It takes a special breed to work here but it's worth it if you can hack it. Learned so much that has carried me through other positions and taught me to shine. Company culture is fantastic.
Pros
teamwork, diversity, creativity, fun
Cons
retail hours, exhausting, working with the public
the good and the bad
Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2017
nice office
nice people
chill atmosphere
free fruit, coffee, tea etc
international groups

Backbiting
Catty attitudes
Mean individuals
low salaries
lot of traveling
Pros
above
Cons
above
It's okay.
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJune 3, 2017
Its not ot a great and fair place to work. A lot of drama. It has amazing benefits and a decent pay. But it can be draining. Some of the employees are cool.
benefits
Cons
environment