H&M Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work if you enjoy children
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2016
Hours are pretty terrible, management staff very friendly. I did learn a lot about having patience. If you enjoy working with children and their parents this is the job for you!
Cons
No breaks, low hours & pay
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 26, 2016
I really enjoy working at H&M its a really fun environment to work in. The managers are helpful and nice the co workers are friendly and everyone there is like family and works as a team.
H&m
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2016
The office culture in H&M can fill like prison and the team coaches are the wardens, but the benefits are excellent and you'll make lots of friends. All of you will worry about your job safety however, as the rules seem to instill fear more than respect.
Where everything is possible
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 23, 2016
As a sales advisor at H&M I am trained to properly work the register, fitting room and stock room routines. It is a friendly environment with a handful of employees who adhere the H&M values to make the working atmosphere pleasant. With my years of retail experience I acquire excellent customer service to our customers to enhance our sales and give the best customer satisfaction.
Pros
healthcare benefits for full timers, bonus, open dress code
Cons
limited hours
Very productive. great company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 21, 2016
I enjoy working at H&M. Great company, they care about their employees and enjoy developing the to higher levels in the company. I also enjoy my customers and coworkers.
Great company but horrible store
Sales Coach (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2016
Its an amazing company to work with, good benifits and room for growth, my store just sucked. We constanly failed our growth program. In my tenure the turn over rate was horrible from the store manager down. No one wanted to be there. Managers weren't developed either. All in all great company but my store was awful.
Pros
AMAZING BENIFITS
Cons
no room for growth at my store aka 400/ Time Sqaure
Sale Lead/Merchandiser trainee (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 21, 2016
I really enjoyed working at H&M, the people were friendly and the management was caring. However, the draw back has to be that there may have been too many employees working, which means not enough hours to spread around to have continuous work. Although they did not do on-call shifts like most retail companies, I was often sent home due to slow business.
Pros
Fun job, Great people
Cons
Scarce work
Enjoyable place to work.
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 20, 2016
H&M is a fast paced environment. Each day is a new and enjoyable experience. Merchandise is good quality at a good price.
Teamwork is very important at H&M. Management and Sales Advisors work very well together. Communication is an important part of the experience.
Pros
Fun activities for the sales team
Cons
Retail hours
productive
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 19, 2016
this job was a little crazy for me. Everybody worked at a fast pace which I am use to but management was unorganized and not professional. But I learned from this job and its a great experience and Im still learning and improving.
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks and unprofessional
Retail
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 18, 2016
Working close and personal with the customers help you gain people skills. Being mindful that you have to be professional and respectful at all times.
Fun Place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2016
There are many good things about H&M in terms of its corporate DNA. They control all of their retail operations in Europe, making sure that the right number of products is produced. This results in a high availability of their items online at a reasonable price. We also found that on the H& M website that there were very few items that were sold out. There is nothing more frustrating for a customer when they see a special item on sale that is no longer available.ace to work great discounts
Pros
Discounts
Great company, bad store
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 16, 2016
Overall H&M is a great company that seems to care about their employees. However, the management at this particular store does not. Having a second job is frowned on. Instead of believe a person saying "I can do this and have done this before" they just told you how you could not. They also make up scenarios about how in the future this will "screw them over". They tell you up front they will only schedule you 4 to 29 hours. Not enough to pay the bills.

I would love to work for the company. It is great and innovative. However, this store needs to realize that employees are just trying to get by in life and are not out to "screw them over"'. I was not the only person who felt this way. My first day employees were informing about how management does not think realistically when it comes to these things.
Pros
25% off discount
i love working here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJApril 16, 2016
Its a great job one of the best retail jobs I've ever endured.Great benifits, the people that you work with are great they make work feel like my second home.
Understanding
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 11, 2016
A typical work day would be me as a Sale associate see the floors, make sure that the customers are satisfied , Also make sure that My area or the whole store is in order and spotless
Fun environment and friendly work place
Sales Associate/Part Time (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2016
The job is fairly easy. Just show up on time and make sure all important task are completed before the shift is over. I really enjoy working here.
fun workplace with free imagination
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 11, 2016
I learned to love and be yourself. I loved shopping, and meeting new co workers. Enjoyed placing jewelry out before the store opened for efficient availability.
Pros
first looks of new garments
Cons
short breaks
Fast-paced retail environment
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 6, 2016
Typical day includes opening and/or closing back-of-house routines, such as sales deposits, paperwork; product processing, determining product layout on sales floor, utilizing direct and indirect customer service, sales team overview, staff development, and maintaining and clean and safe working environment. As with any job, each location and each day has its ups and downs.
Pros
great benefits for part and full time and those with dependents.
Cons
constant district-wide lack of communication and miscommunication
Fun, Fast-paced environment encouraging advancement
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2016
H&m is a fun company to work for, retail can be very taxing, but the company encourages individuality and personal accountability. the people they hire are generally high energy and that helps a lot with what can be very exhausting work.
Positive environment for a workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 4, 2016
A typical work day at H&M is never consistent. I have learned how to deal with being flexible, while being efficient. I have also learned how multitask with juggling many different tasks at once. The hardest part of the job I would say is dealing with obnoxious customers. The most enjoyable part of the job would be merchandising a department. All employees at store 212 of H&M work very well together and teamwork is definitely not an issue.
Pros
Paid Vacation, clothing discounts, part time benefits
Cons
Obnoxious customers
Learned to speak the business
Visual Merchandiser/Retail (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 4, 2016
WOW a great place to work esp, if you want to advance in a fast paced work environment. I loved working to this company it helped me learn visually and hand on in the field of visual merchandising.
Pros
Ability to travel and great team
Cons
District support