H&M
1,096 reviews

H&M Employee Reviews

Work day. cleaning up, helping costumers, and having fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PAJanuary 28, 2015
A typical work day, will be me getting to the store, and then checking to make sure my department is in order. If it's not in order I will begin making sure that everything gets fixed up. I also have to make sure I provide great costumer service to any costumer that needs help. The management is okay. Some days they are friendly other days they can really push your buttons. My coworkers were great, It was really like a family in there. That hardest part of the job was that it could really get overwhelming at times because it can get really crowded and you would be trying to do so many things and help costumers at the same time. Most enjoyable part was being around all those people, because I love being around and meeting new people.
Unprofessional management. No work hours.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Frisco, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: 25% discount
Cons: almost everything
Management was completely unprofessional and they would rely on other workers to deliver important messages to people or to let them know bad news instead of telling them themselves. Management will not schedule you when it is slow. One day a week four to five hour shift. When you talk to management about this they will say that there isn't anything they can do. It's terrible. People who work their are immature. The policies are ridiculous. You only get one fifteen minute break when you are scheduled to work 9 hours. You have no freedom when you work here, management chooses when you take your lunches and breaks and where you are supposed to be working that day. Favorites are definitely played here.
Great place to work, just needs better management
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Management here is more like high school. They chose favorites and discuss private information without entire store. There is often times too much gossip about employees instead of focusing on bettering the store.

Pros: It is an upbeat job that allows you to be you. H&M also gives an employee discount along with their awesome prices. Pay is also top notch when thinking about retail jobs.

Follow the H&M Values!!

WE ARE ONE TEAM!
Trendy workplace environment and fun.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: extended discounts
The most enjoyable part of my job working at H&M is the fun environment and the customers who wants someone to style them for an event, I enjoy assisting customers. Also I enjoy running the merchandise when we get a new shipment in the store and the move of the merchandise I enjoy also.
The best place to work in retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Towson, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good pay, and benefits
Cons: part timer
Typical day at work would be head cashier, payroll,helping and greeting customers,garment caring and stock. I've learned how to run a retail store with and without supervision and to have patients. My co workers was amazing ,very diverse, open and straightforward. The hardest part about h&m was closing the clean up wasn't pretty.
Great work environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Okemos, MIJanuary 22, 2015
I work with customers and help assist them in garment choices; I also work as a cashier. I absolutely love my co-workers and management, they're a great team to work with. There is really no hard part to the job, the most enjoyable part would be interacting with the different customers that come into the store.
Productive work place
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
I enjoy working for a company who values team work so much. There is always something to do, this job keeps me on my toes. We believe in people!
Fun work place
csr (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Laid back environment, self expression and creativity are encouraged, very diverse group of people.
Good Retail Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sanford, FLJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day consists of: working cash register, completing simple day-to-day tasks, processing shipment, taking care of garments, and assisting coworkers and managers with any other tasks.
Great location, and great clothes
Cashier (Former Employee), SohoJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: short breaks, tough hours
As hectic as H&M was they had great clothes and a wonderful employee discount. It was a great location so the people were fairly nice. I have learned a good amount of retail knowledge, and how to work as a team. The hardest part would have had to been the crazy hours.
Office Jobs are AWESOME!
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2015
Even though i was intering for a short period of time i fairly enjoyed myself in the office environment. I enjoy the filing the typing answering phones and workig closely with my coworkers. Prefferably in the near future i would love to get out of retail and move into the office workplace permanently
Fast Paced, efficiency focused stockroom
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Miami Beach, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Fast Paced, Efficiency focused stockroom. Organization is very important and the stock team works to maintain BOH areas and incoming product.
Okay job
Sales Adviser (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: working with clothes, fun, good people
Cons: play favorites, hours, work life balance
Its a good first job with a fun work setting . Depending on if you have good managers.
Loved Working here
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), MDJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: pay, environment, endless opportunities
Cons: getting hired
If you are into fashion this is the company for you to be employed with. Very diverse, fun environment, busy in environment. H&M values stuck with me even after I parted ways with the company, they made me into the person I am today, hard working and efficient.

Great body of employees, the pay is pretty good, which means people will work their shifts.

The work load is spaced out amongst managers, supervisors, and visuals.

I had the liberty of supporting other stores, opening new stores as lead

This is how a company should be run. Especially Retail.
Fun Place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: little work hours for part timers
It is a fast paced environment. Having good communication skills is a must. Have to be patient and be friendly so that the customers feel comfortable with you. Have to be approachable.
provided customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoyed working in a fast paced environment where i met people from all over the world
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Orange CountyJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: discount, medical and dental
Cons: no room to grow
Its fun you learn a lot but not a lot of opportunity to move up.
Fun energetic second family environment
Sales Advisor/Stock Lead (Current Employee), Commerce, GAJanuary 2, 2015
The people of H&M are great, the best part of working there. Literally like a second family to me, all very funny, open, kind, generous and productive. Work isn't a chore when you're employed at H&M. I consider it a privilege.

a typical day for me is spent in the stock room processing newly received shipment. Processing includes opening totes, laying out the contents of the tote and sensoring all products of a certain price.

other days consist of re-merchandising the sales floor, and setting the A-area tables to boost sales of a certain item.
great people
Sales Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee), new york, nyDecember 29, 2014
Pros: bonus, great pay, free lunch (sometimes)
Cons: long hours, call outs
the company is all about meeting the daily goal f0r the day, coworkers are great to have around, some supervisors are lazy and some who is actually about ONE TEAM will be willing to help u with ur dept. if help is needed
Less than average retail job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 23, 2014
I say less than average because this job was unusually draining. Maybe it was poor management and communication or maybe it was the constant change of policy which begat worse result than before.

About H&M

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (operating as H&M) is a Swedish retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing – Read more

H&M Salaries