H&R Block Employee Reviews

Found 5,920 reviews matching the search
The whole Organization needs something.
Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2017
You have so many clients to work for and you don't have the ability to tell them how much your services cost until the end.

Many clients just walk out they don't want to pay so much for your
services. The job is difficult because tax laws change, what people are use to having as deductions may not be available the next year.
You as an associate have to try to sell them insurance for the return you just did for them in-case they get audited.

it is just a bummer deal. The pay works if you have nothing else but you have to pay for them to teach you how to do taxes.
Pros
You meet alot of interesting people
Cons
It is taxes, who likes that?
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 20, 2017
A great place to work in seasonally. Wonderful and flexible owners. A place that you will learn a lot about taxes while fulfilling customer care. I totally recommend H and R Block in Dover, DE.
Very fasted paced and loud
Tax Preparer (Seasonal Position) (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 20, 2017
The people were polite but cut throat. I loved being about to help people with their taxes. Hated the required classes. Hated having to tell people that I could not help them. Hated to turn anyone away.
Na
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJuly 20, 2017
Again, another company that was fine to work with, the pay schedule was a little strange, but good experience, good people in my office.

Training was good
Fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pennsville, NJJuly 20, 2017
Co works were professional
Get to work with public and talk to people
Pay rate was good
Good learning environment
Flexible hours
Close to home
I enjoy very much this job
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 19, 2017
Working for this company it's the best decition I made it is just seasonal but it ged me the time to best prepare for taxes for the follow year.

Therefore I give the best to my clients knowing the new law and government rules.
Pros
I can referral friends n family n get paid
Cons
Not get paid for referral
Great
CLIENT SERVICE PROFESSIONAL/RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2017
Great place to work in the and the office manager is always willing to listen and help. flexible schedule and paid time off. Learned allot from my office manager
Fast pace place to work with peak seaon
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 19, 2017
Very fast pace place to work. Completing taxes for clients was a new venture for me. I love numbers and helping people save money. So I went outside my career of Medical for a bit to give it a try. There is alot more that goes into it than meets the eye.
Great office, Kind Staff.
Receptionist Secretary (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 19, 2017
The Receptionist position is the first impression of the office. It is very important to address the client right away, It also is important to be able to multitask, answer incoming calls at 1-2 rings. You must be responsible for the office maintenance, coffee, order supplies,stock, care for fax & copy machines to ensure they are stocked with paper and toner ink at all times, prepare labels for multi tax location, Prepare all envelopes and place in proper area for tax prepares to access, schedule appointments, confirmations, data entry of personal information, filing, maintaining personal tax information with HIPPA compliance, collect account fee's, follow up with missed appointments to re schedule, make sure the client is taken care of with the best of care.
Pros
Great Manager, Great Staff, Stocked Break Room, Company treated lunches and parties.
Cons
No Health Insurance, Standing most of shift.
Flexible
Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 18, 2017
Nice to have the flexibility in my job to set my own hours. Great place to work. I would recommend to anyone looking for part time employment. I've worked there for 5 years and enjoyed the people I work with and having my own space.
Hard work and low pay
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INJuly 18, 2017
Middle management doesn't know what they are doing and treat employees like idiots. If you are salaried, they want you to spend long hours at the office so they don't have to pay an hourly employee.
Pros
flexable
Cons
management knows nothing about the industry
enjoyed doing taxes
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAJuly 18, 2017
H & R Block is a good place to work. You get to meet all kinds of people and talk to them. I prepared the client taxes and explained way they could save.
Nice place to work
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILJuly 18, 2017
Handled individual tax returns for many people. Manager was very helpful. Was only part time and seasonal. It worked with my other job which slowed in those months.
Good Place to work
Tax Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 18, 2017
The Tax Professionals are very cooperative and willing to share their expertise. It's a great learning and teaching environment. The management is consistent
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
sometimes long hours
Productive work environment great co- worker
TAX ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
Great company to work for,co-workers are great and the environment and the culture is awesome. H&R Block has great opportunity for growth and advancement.
Amazing organization
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJuly 17, 2017
Observing a company that basically shuts down and reopens 90% of its operations every year was inspiring. The organization of such a machine was impressive. It is very time consuming during the tax season.
work
TAX ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Attica, INJuly 17, 2017
Love the location and the people its a great place to work. Well maintained and great atmosphere. people that you can call family very polite and helpfull
Gets me out of the house.
Registered Tax Return Preparer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 17, 2017
Will continue to work for HR Block. Fun place to work. I like the the leadership.at HR Block. HR Block offers extensive training and education and emphasizes customer support..
Pros
Help customers to become finanially independant
Cons
Heavy workload
awesome place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 17, 2017
I only worked as a receptionist but it was an awesome job. People you work with are great. Management is caring and understanding. Very laid back kind of job.
Enjoyable place to work
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJuly 17, 2017
I worked as a tax preparer and in my first year I was able to make a commission (which rarely happens to first year preparers); I liked the seasonal work this job provided during the cold winter months.
Pros
Flexibility in hours working
Cons
Have to re-locate if interested in working full-time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&R Block. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2