H&R Block
2,688 reviews

H&R Block Employer Reviews

not a good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 28, 2015
The typical day at work consist of taking phone calls and answering questions pertaining to income tax direct deposits and confirming checking account balances. I learned about the call center work culture during my time at H&R Block.
Interactive, joyful, & professional place to work
Client Services Professional (Current Employee), Atlanta, GA 30329February 26, 2015
Pros: wonderful co-workers, atmosphere; love my position as a csp.
Cons: hardly any hours given to work, low pay.
I enjoy my role as a Client Services Professional. My only disappointments are that the new office in which I was hired to work in never opened, so I have been working in a different office; however, due to the new office never opening, my hours were drastically cut. I am not making it on the few hours I get to work @ H&R Block. The pay for my position is only $8/hr, which would have been okay if I had been working regular hours in the new office in which I was hired to work in. So I have been very discouraged and scared, and I have been actively looking for full time as well as part time jobs and am desperately trying to find something ASAP.
Thank you very much.
Poor working environment
Tax Associates (Current Employee), Huntington, WVFebruary 26, 2015
aggressive sale culture.

Lack of support for new tax associates.

New tax associates pays for their own training.

Tax Associates are not paid for marketing work done, but are pressured to do marketing outside of working hours.
Tax Preparer (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Castlewood VirginiaFebruary 25, 2015
Responsibilities included preparing clients tax returns, scheduling appointments, and doing follow up calls for clients
Productive, proffessional, fun place to work.
CSP (Current Employee), Leesville, LAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: well structured, proffessional and fun group of ppl i work with, and customer satifaction on a job well done
Cons: part-time, slow advancement, parking is minimal for the amount of clientele we get
I get to meet all kinds of people from various walks of life that make my day, each day. The atmosphere in which I work with my team is always exciting and professional and satisfying in meeting customer needs and knowing that we have done our best to ensure that the client has had the best experience in a trying and stressful time, brings satisfaction to us.
Good for people that enjoy being in an office.
TAX PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 24, 2015
Position is good for seasonal employment, and works around schedules. Good place to work if you like working with clients and building a client.
very productive and excellent learning experience
Tax Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2015
This was a very nice place to work at, everybody was friendly and polite. My clients were very delightful with my service.
the hardest part of this job was my firs season where I had to interview my first client and do her taxes. I was very nervous but I did a good job and she was very pleased with her return..
Client Service Professional
Client Service Professional-Temporary (Former Employee), Catonsville, MDFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: flexible and relax working environment.
Cons: not enough hours of work per week
• Deliver Outstanding Client Experience
• Greet clients in a personalized, warm, friendly, and inviting manner by using proper phone and office protocol
• Match clients to tax professional that is best available to fulfill the client needs by using tools and systems provided such as Client Matching, Client Check-in, Appointment Manager, and Prior Client Calling Program (PCCP)
• Schedule clients the way they want to be scheduled
• Manage client wait time expectations
• Close some of the tax preparation by handling the client payment transaction at the front desk
• Assure client focus, confidentiality, and privacy before, during, and after service
Great teamwork and working environment.
Client Service Professional (Current Employee), Riviera Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great teamwork and friendly working environment.
Cons: part-time and no health benefits or retirement plans.
Great atmosphere to work in and great co-workers to work with and customers are awesome. Great training for beginners and the work is easy to learn.
not really a fan of this job
Tax Preparer/Receptionist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: everything
the customers are the worst and very illed manner and disrespectful
I would never do this kind work again in my life. I hated this job! not to mention the pay..
Productive and fun workplace
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great work enviorment
Cons: no raises
Dealing with the customers on a daily basis was great. The work environment was wonderful, and all good work was always acknowledged. Customers are always first at H&R Block.
Productive a good place to work if you want to keep on learning. The classes provided assure that you learn the required material.
person to assist in preparation of tax returns (Current Employee), Gardena CaliforniaFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: group workpeople are there to assist you, a lot of hours to learn new forms and material on and off the job
Cons: seasonal job
Fast paced with a lot of different ethnic backgrounds and ages that make work challenging but fun. I like working for Block.
It is fun to work at H&R Block
First Year Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Grand Blanc, MIFebruary 23, 2015
I gained a great experiences while working for this company. But it is seasonal job and I need a full time job. I would work for this company permanently if it is a full time job.
A fun seasonal position with great opportunity to make money
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAFebruary 22, 2015
Not only does this job train you to deal with stress, it helps build lasting customer relationships to ensure business stays up every year.
Enjoyable work environment
Tax Preparer/Receptionist (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: relaxed work environment, wonderful management and coworkers
Cons: inconsistent work hours
I spend the majority of my day assisting clients with tax returns or any question they might have. We are trained daily on any new rules or regulations in regards to the IRS. The manager is very laid back and understanding if a family situation comes up, and is always willing to work wit if you need more or different hours. The hardest part of the job is never knowing what difficult return a client might bring in.
Fun seasonal work place
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Montebello CaFebruary 22, 2015
Great way to get extra income. Only 4 months out of the year. Great education for prior Tax pros keep them updated on current tax laws happening every year.Great with technology they are up to date, making preparations easy to make.
NA
Tax Preparer (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 22, 2015
NA. I RATHER NOT GIVE A REVIEW ON THIS TOPIC. EVERYONE MUST GAIN THERE ON OPINION ON WORKING HERE. IT IS GOOD JOB TO WORK PARTIME FOR EXTRA MONEY AND TO GAIN EXPERIENCE IN HE TAX WORLD,
Office Manager,trainer, bookkeper and HR, Marketing
Office Manager/Marketing (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: marketing is one my favorite thing to do.
Cons: employees change from tear to year.
I ran a very busy tax office and helped with many others, I was directly involved in the mass hiring process. I worked in the main office as well helping with booking. I really enjoyed the marketing aspect. I loved my employees. The hardest part is when you can't help someone. I love meet people from different walk of life.
Slow paced and too independent
Receptionist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2015
This job was very slow paced and there was never a supervisor around or a trainee to help new associates. I did however learn to use different softwares and improve in my customer service relationships.
I don't really have any complaints
Customer Service Professional - (CSP) (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: none really
Overall, H&R Block is a pretty nice place to work, or at least at my office. The pay could be better, but honestly its a relatively easy job as a CSP. Everyone is very nice and easy to get along with at the office I work at. The management is organized, and won't hesitate to help you anyway they can.

1 2 3 4 5

About H&R Block

H&R Block is one of the world's largest tax services providers, utilizing more than 100,000 highly trained tax professionals – Read more