H&R Employee Reviews

H&R Block
Supervisor/Tax Professional (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 12, 2015
Pros: I was in a supervisor position
Cons: Way over priced for the work they offer there customers
After opening the tax office, I would check inventory and wait for the tax professionals to show up. during the day. I was opening accounts for customers and reviewing completed tax's as well as dealing with upset customers and tax professionals.
A great place to learn, but the company lags behind industry standards
Associate QA Analyst (Former Employee), Kansas CityJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Freedom to be self directed
Cons: Seasonal for most employees
I have nothing to convey about this company as I feel my overall rating of the job/company is sufficient to describe the working environment at H&R Block.
Great people, but volitile environment.
UX Designer and Researcher (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 29, 2015
Pros: Beautiful environment, smart people, great pay.
Cons: Can be a volitile environment. Very seasonal.
There are some really great and smart people at this company. On a day to day basis, it can be a really great place to work. If you work hard, and communicate well, you'll fit right in. Unfortunately, they consistently have layoffs every few years. This is difficult whether or not you make the cut.

There are several people throughout the company that make it a memorable place - such as one of the security guards at the front desk who knows everyone's name...even those who have left the company over 5 years ago. Another memorable personality is the guy who cooks the Indian food twice a week - he remembers the nuances of every customized order. You don't even have to work there to have that experience - the cafeteria is open to the public!
Very Productive Work Place
District Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Block, KSApril 11, 2015
Pros: productive company, great staff
Cons: Requires 8 weeks off (Majority of Staff) reapply after the 8 weeks of furlough
Excellent Work organization. Career advancement opportunities and management helps with the growing process. Majority of staff is required to take 8 weeks off without pay and reapply after the 8 weeks they were given without pay.
H&R Block
HR Business Analyst (Former Employee), Kansas City, NOApril 9, 2015
Pros: Free parking
Cons: no work life balance
 Key PeopleSoft HR Lead Payroll analyst, upkeep all updates, enhancements and testing.
 Query Manager duties, providing support for the business and conduct query classes.
 Take lead as Project manager, review system changes, gather requirements and responsible for the full life cycle of the project.
 Manage all Empower Support, tax updates and maintain the PeopleSoft to empower feed changes
productie fun workplace
Social Media Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Block, KSMarch 19, 2015
Pros: reconized, excentives, located in nice downtown area
A typical day at work is a nice fast paced environment. I learned how to do my job successfully. The management and my co-workers were easy to work with. My whole experience was enjoyable.
Great Culture, wonderful place to work, people are sharp and eager to assist one another.
Process Analyst & Vendor Support Manager (Former Employee), Block, KSMarch 14, 2015
Pros: culture, people, leadership.
Cons: needs better communication through all levels.
Wonderful place to work, people are sharp and eager to assist one another. Strong belief towards one common goal by using the 4 Disciplines of Execution.
It was a ok job
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Block, KSFebruary 23, 2015
It was ok to me the job was stressful because the clients were confused, but i always found out answers to the questions that they had for me an or for any of my co workers.
Good
People Center Specialist (Current Employee), H&R Block Kansas CityNovember 13, 2014
I have been working for H&R Block for five season it is a good company to work for the associated at hr block is friendly and loyal and honest and loyal and i enjoyed working for the company.
Very fun workplace, but no stability for seasonal position
Technical Support Specialist (seasonal), Level 1 (Former Employee), Block, KSAugust 26, 2014
Pros: ping pong table, very nice workplace and building, comfortable, great view of downtown kansas city from your desk
Cons: unstable contact
I really enjoyed my time at H&R Block, but the job ended long before was expected because of low call volume in the '14 tax season.
Good people and defined tasks helps even the newest of new get on their IT feet.
Technical Support (Former Employee), Block, KSJuly 28, 2014
Cons: seasonal
Work/issues are well documented and easy to follow. Their knowledge base was top notch and had everything covered when you searched for it. Good managers and great staff.
Peers are great, educated, Policies could use some work
Senior Technical Support Specialist Tier2 (Current Employee), One HR Block Way Kansas City, MO 64105July 15, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: benefits, seasonal position
Maintained/Resolved Internet security issues
Resolved escalated tickets
Updated tier 1 technicians
People I worked with were the best part of the job.
Difficult at times to appease some callers.
change and correct false info on customers tax returns
Rapid Refund Associate (Former Employee), Block, KSMay 23, 2014
nice part time job to have really around the holidays they give you nice hours around tax peak time
Fast paced workplace with excellent coffee
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Block, KSMay 8, 2014
Pros: great coffee, and flexible breaks
Cons: no opportunity for advancement and no healthcare
During a typical day I would get my computer booted, placing myself in queue to receive chats and phone calls. I learned how to multitask on another level and to provide the highest level customer service under constant pressure and stress. Management sat at the end of our row so it was an overall team atmosphere. My co workers were fun and very technically savvy and always willing to show me shortcuts and more efficient ways to work. The most difficult part of the job was being detail oriented enought to meticulously pick through multiple federal tax returns at a time and find errors after a brief questioning of the clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was that things were always changing so I never got stale.
great company
Digital Tax Consultant (Former Employee), Block, KSFebruary 17, 2014
typical work day included meetings and assisting customers file there taxes via phone or our insta chat help line
Foosball Table
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), MOJanuary 1, 2014
Honestly I can say that this job is no different then any call center job. The different break rooms and by it being in the Power and Light District is some good points
Very productive and relax enviorment
Client Relations Agent (Former Employee), Block, KSDecember 21, 2013
Pros: cafeteria in building, free employee parking, discounts on tickets snd alot of other downtown places
Cons: seasonal
answered inbound calls , provided world class customer service,
weekly one-on-ones with you team lead, that consisted of a overall of weekly review and coaches.
Great
People Center- Employment Assistant (Current Employee), One Block, MODecember 3, 2013
I am in a seasonal position and this is my first year, I really like working for the company. I answer calls all day and help candidate get there hiring process completed.
Great Company
Employment Assistant Seasonal (Current Employee), Block, KSNovember 15, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: seasonal
A very diverse group with lots of professionals.nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Tier I, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Block, KSAugust 20, 2013
Pros: great incentives for doing a great job and room for advancement
Cons: healthcare benefits were a bit expensive
H&R Block was really a fun place to work. Gave us incentives for our ideas. Let us be a part of the constant change that took place. It always felt like a family instead of a job