H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute

H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute Employee Reviews

Very stressful
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 22, 2015
Pros: No free Lunch
Cons: Short breaks
Not appreciative of the work we did, favoritism. Team Leader sneaking up on you.Management was poor. Always expected things to be perfect. it was a bad experience for me.
Fabulous Organization

Opportunity for Growth with Education

Research Opportunity Avail
Great clinical experience!
Medical Assistant Externship (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 16, 2015
Great clinical experience and overall environment. Staff is very helpful. I was able to sharpen my clinical skills and build new ones!
Moffitt greatest asset were the employees strong work ethics
Patient Service Specialist II (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 15, 2015
Pros: Staff also received free acute care.
Cons: 30-minute lunch breaks
I was responsible for making patients comfortable, had an easy schedule to follow, and made sure they were educated about what services we offered.

My experience at Moffitt taught me how life and change quickly and how health care associates become a vital part in maintaining quality of living.

My manager was very well cross-train, organized, and made sure we were accountable for our actions.

I was a privilege to work with some of best medical team. Their level of expertise, compassion, and team work made it easier to get through the day.

Cancer is a dreadful illness that causes a total life change. People fight the disease while also trying to keep employment and marriage together. This is the worst part of working there and knowing that we can only provide resources in a few areas.

I enjoyed being able to be myself and bring happiness to our patients and staff. Sometimes they would get sad when they were released to go home because we became a family.
It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice
Clinic Coordinator/Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 13, 2015
It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice
GREAT PLACE
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 9, 2015
Pros: The patients are wonderful
Cons: none
Great place to work. I worked there for past 15 years. The Co-workers work as team for most part. The physical environment is very well kept.
AT WORK
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 3, 2015
I like my work place. we are all team players, and we all work together to get things done, but I will like something new. Everyday its really busy and I like that it keeps the day moveing faster, but sometime its just nice to have a easy day.
Glad not to be here anymore!
Electrician for the Facilities Department (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 1, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: alot
I worked as an Electrician for the facilities dept. for approx. 3 years, this dept. is ran by a bunch of idiots, 90% of the maintenance techs have no license in any thing but bullsh*t, so glad not to be employed here any more!
People work there because they want to its not "just a job"
Sarcoma Program, Physician Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa FloridaMarch 9, 2015
Pros: easy access to other disciplines
Cons: long hours, new systems
Great place to work, helpful ancillary staff, patients become like family. State of the art education, experts in their fields and easy access to facility.
The Moffitt Team
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2015
Pros: opportunities for work/life balance, educational assistance, opportunities for advancement
Cons: difficulty in cultivating a cohesive and fluid inter-departmental communication.
As a whole, the Moffitt team is committed to serving our patients and serving one another, while navigating daily challenges.
Great
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: hard when the patients passed away.
Loved the patients who came in. Co-workers were always helpful and team oriented.
Lots of growth
Biostatistician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Expanding research areas. Great place to work, especially if you have a PhD. Great diversity of people and tasks.
Best Companyn to work for.
Continuing Education Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2015
I enjoyed working at Moffitt Cancer Center. I consider it the best job I ever had. I was allowed the opportunity to be promoted.
I had the pleasure of serving on the Employee Advisory Board. I would return given the opportunity to return to Tampa.
Employee are great
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), tampa, flJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: better training better supervisors
Training needs improvement. Stressful job but can also be fun
Awesome experience everything all rolled up into one job
Sarcoma Program, Physician Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FloridaJanuary 6, 2015
You obtain excellent, internal medicine skills, infectious disease skills, and acute care skills. It's an excellent place for growth as a clinician.
nice place to work for the fresh outs !
research assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: easy!
Cons: no growth!!
Nice place to gain experience make a strong background in the technical field.
work life balance is needed for happier staff
Supervisor of Sterile Processing (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 31, 2014
lacks management supervision in given areas, under staffed and work life balance is not there
Patient Services
Patient Food Services/Cashier (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 31, 2014
Pros: management was helpful
Cons: working weekends
I loved this job and fellow employees and management. I helped the inpatient status patients select they daily menus. I also helped with food prep and cleaning of main kitchen.
Volunteer
Volunteer, Several Departments (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 30, 2014
I volunteered at Moffitt Cancer Center from 2010-2014 in various departments such as Gastro Intestinal Area, Radiation Therapy and Surgery Waiting Area.
productive
Scheduling Specialist III (Former Employee), tampa,flDecember 8, 2014
Pros: goood benefits
Cons: alot of micromanaging
great place to work you learn a lot about cancer and other diseases. Very productive place to work. Close to everything. Amazing doctors with a lot of expertise. 4 campuses some room for growth. Researchers are very dedicated to finding a cure for cancer

1 2 3 4 5

About H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute

The H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, founded in 1986, is a┬áNational Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive – Read more

H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute Salaries