H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute

H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute Employer Reviews

well balanced work environment
IT Procurement Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 12, 2014
Flexible work schedule and I.T employee been able to work from work at will. The working hours are good. The coworkers you work with are like part of your family. Commitment to excellence in patient care
great place to work, many ammenitites for employees. Daycare.
autopsy asst. frozen section room lab asst. (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 3, 2014
Pros: professional
Cons: no on job training for in house training.
I loved working here, this was my favorite job in all of my histology work experience.
Workplace should be the place to make people happy
Diagnostic imaging assistant II (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 10, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is constantly action, moving forward.
Management should be much better and more involved in reality of situation.
The hardest part of the job is to deal with coworkers less educated end less experienced, who try to put themselves above you and everybody else.
pct
patient care tech (Former Employee), TampaMay 5, 2014
Hard work managers need ethics training unfair work load no room to advance
Excellent Cancer Center
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 26, 2014
Pros: patients and staff
Cons: parking is difficult
Excellent Cancer Center with experienced and caring staff. Only NCI cancer center based in Florida.
had a great experience here
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), tampa, flApril 19, 2014
Pros: quick to reward hard work and ethics
Cons: healthcare
This was my first Sterile Processing Job straight out of surgical technology school. I am confident that I was trained efficiently and effectively by a great educator. This facility was compromised of a very different culture involving teamwork and effective communication with not just the operating room, but also within the department. Overall great – more... place to work. The manager keeps his team up to date on changes within the department as well as the hospital and organization. Low score on benefits because I moved to a different organization with free healthcare and one of the last remaining pension plans. – less
They do great work
Anonymous (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 20, 2014
Pros: good work/like balance
Cons: not able to advance
Great for patients! They really care. The culture of work is more like a business, rather than a family.
The vision is great however appreciation is lacking
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 19, 2014
My typical work day is very busy .Upper magnagement is lacking in reference to communication and appreciation of their staff. The hardest part of the job is that the workload can be overwhelming but the purpose of working in a hospital is rewarding.
Very Diverse
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2014
I did my rotation here and I was also a volunteer for 4 months. I really like the atmosphere and the diversity of all the people that work their and the patient that come for treatment.
Great Place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: my manager is wonderful.
Cons: short breaks, not enough rooms for the medical assistant in clinic, pay rate can be better.
Work At Genitourinary Clinic , on a typical day we will take care of 80 plus patients and at the end of the day prepared patients charts for the following day of clinic. Working in a Oncology environment I am constantly learning. My co-workers are great, team players. The most enjoyable part of my job to to be able to help patients with cancer and assure – more... them that they are in one of the best Oncology Hospital in Florida. – less
fun workplace
New Patient Appt Center Scheduler 3 (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: made sure everyone got their breaks
great coworkers and team effort everyone helped everyone how ever they could, worked breaks and lunches among each other.
Hostile work environment from the top down.
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2014
Cons: bad food, working through breaks, lack of support from hr, and poor managers.
Too much pressure on employees to place quantity (profits) over quality of care. Hostile work environment. Favoritism.
Large and exciting teaching hospital offering plenty of learning
Patient Relations Advocate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: lots of autonomy in how you structure your day. great cafeteria on site for convenience.
Cons: patients can be very overwhelmed and irate by the time they are directed to patient relations, so defusing a situation can be challenging.
As a patient relations advocate, I assisted patients and family members navigate the sometime complex and potentially overwhelming world of health care.

I interacted with patients of course, but also many levels of staff to sort through difficulties and achieve the best outcome and obtain answers to practically any question or difficulty.

Co-workers – more... were generally great, not always. Management and Medical staff were usually very professional and helped wherever they could.

Hardest part was usually trying to defuse and calm an upset patient,owning to the nature of this arena being a cancer center.

Most enjoyable part is the satisfaction of knowing you helped a terminally ill patient and their loved ones with complex questions and tried to make a positive difference in their day. – less
Great Mission
Lead Anesthesia Surgical Coder (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 26, 2013
Pros: helping the community
The overall Mission of the company make your everyday involvement seem worthy to a cause.
Great place to start a social work career
Outpatient Gastrointestinal Social Worker (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 15, 2013
Excellent and supportive co-workers. High volume of cases and can be very stressful and demanding. Job would be best suited for someone who can multi task and has a strong interest in counseling regarding the end of life process. Management and Institution is disorganized which can add to stress. Patient and families are enjoyable to work with.
Fun place to work and fast pace environment.
Environmental Services (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 7, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
A typical day consist of me doing a variety of cleaning duties throughout the hospital. I learned to work in a stressful environment as well as fast pace. Management is unorganized in the ES Department but i deal with it the best way i can.
Great place for an internship
Prep Cook, Internship (Former Employee), Tampa, FlOctober 1, 2013
The kitchen at Moffitt Cancer Center is an amazing place to start learning about how to follow recipes, especially for hospital patients with special diets. Learn proper portion sizes from the cafeteria, how to deliver food to the patients at the hospital.
Wonderful sense of unity between SPD and OR
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: we are greatly appreciated as employees here
Cons: very strict routine and coworkers that like drama
The manager won SPD manager of the year from IASCHMM and it was greatly deserved. The staff is knowledgeable and one of the hardest obstacles to overcome at any establishment is communication. This department gets an A for their effort. Its extremely clean and organized but its a direct result of the staff working very hard to achieve this. I loved – more... working here and doing things the "right way". If I were to go back, I would have no problem besides compensation. The department manager fights HR at every turn for the slightest bump in wages and unfortunately this is an uphill battle for SPD employees everywhere. – less
Under paying and overworking employees. Also never approving request of pto time.
Patient Access Rep II (Former Employee), tampa,flSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: although it is not a good company, i liked my position in helping patients.
Cons: human resource isnt helpful when problems arise. bullying in workplace.
Never let you take time off when you have a sick child that you need to take to the doctors office, even if you have the pto time available and give proper notice.
Great and Fun place to work at .
Research Assistant (Intern) (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: always learinig new things
Cons: not great pay in my opinion.
Is very unique and interesting place to work at with lots of help from the people around you. I really enjoy there in most of the times.

1 2 3 4

About H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute

The H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, founded in 1986, is a┬áNational Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive – Read more