H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute

H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute Employer Reviews

Learning never stops
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 9, 2014
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center was a place where the learning never seemed to stop. Any of the physicians, nurses, or other members of the staff were extremely friendly and were willing to teach. It was an awesome experience that I value very deeply.
Productive and fun work place.
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2014
All employees at Moffitt enjoy their jobs. The most enjoyable part of this job is the satisfaction of making the patients treatment easy and enjoyable.
Rewarding workplace and good atmosphere
current medicla concierge (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 11, 2014
Pros: rewarding career, and a cancer survivor myself
Cons: it is a great company
Current position is a Medical Concierge. I am a coordinator or liason between patients and staff. I assisit with requests that are asked. I also assist with check-in, patient updates, and new patients reviewing HPPA and documentation. I also act in the capacity of a Care Traffic Controller and use a carepass program to track patients while in our facility.
International Visiting Scholar (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaAugust 6, 2014
I learn measurement of metabolic profile

I learn cancer imaging
well balanced work environment
IT Procurement Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 12, 2014
Flexible work schedule and I.T employee been able to work from work at will. The working hours are good. The coworkers you work with are like part of your family. Commitment to excellence in patient care
great place to work, many ammenitites for employees. Daycare.
autopsy asst. frozen section room lab asst. (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 3, 2014
Pros: professional
Cons: no on job training for in house training.
I loved working here, this was my favorite job in all of my histology work experience.
Workplace should be the place to make people happy
Diagnostic imaging assistant II (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 10, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is constantly action, moving forward.
Management should be much better and more involved in reality of situation.
The hardest part of the job is to deal with coworkers less educated end less experienced, who try to put themselves above you and everybody else.
pct
patient care tech (Former Employee), TampaMay 5, 2014
Hard work managers need ethics training unfair work load no room to advance
Excellent Cancer Center
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 26, 2014
Pros: patients and staff
Cons: parking is difficult
Excellent Cancer Center with experienced and caring staff. Only NCI cancer center based in Florida.
had a great experience here
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), tampa, flApril 19, 2014
Pros: quick to reward hard work and ethics
Cons: healthcare
This was my first Sterile Processing Job straight out of surgical technology school. I am confident that I was trained efficiently and effectively by a great educator. This facility was compromised of a very different culture involving teamwork and effective communication with not just the operating room, but also within the department. Overall great – more... place to work. The manager keeps his team up to date on changes within the department as well as the hospital and organization. Low score on benefits because I moved to a different organization with free healthcare and one of the last remaining pension plans. – less
They do great work
Anonymous (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 20, 2014
Pros: good work/like balance
Cons: not able to advance
Great for patients! They really care. The culture of work is more like a business, rather than a family.
The vision is great however appreciation is lacking
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 19, 2014
My typical work day is very busy .Upper magnagement is lacking in reference to communication and appreciation of their staff. The hardest part of the job is that the workload can be overwhelming but the purpose of working in a hospital is rewarding.
Very Diverse
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2014
I did my rotation here and I was also a volunteer for 4 months. I really like the atmosphere and the diversity of all the people that work their and the patient that come for treatment.
Great Place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: my manager is wonderful.
Cons: short breaks, not enough rooms for the medical assistant in clinic, pay rate can be better.
Work At Genitourinary Clinic , on a typical day we will take care of 80 plus patients and at the end of the day prepared patients charts for the following day of clinic. Working in a Oncology environment I am constantly learning. My co-workers are great, team players. The most enjoyable part of my job to to be able to help patients with cancer and assure – more... them that they are in one of the best Oncology Hospital in Florida. – less
fun workplace
New Patient Appt Center Scheduler 3 (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: made sure everyone got their breaks
great coworkers and team effort everyone helped everyone how ever they could, worked breaks and lunches among each other.
Hostile work environment from the top down.
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2014
Cons: bad food, working through breaks, lack of support from hr, and poor managers.
Too much pressure on employees to place quantity (profits) over quality of care. Hostile work environment. Favoritism.
Large and exciting teaching hospital offering plenty of learning
Patient Relations Advocate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: lots of autonomy in how you structure your day. great cafeteria on site for convenience.
Cons: patients can be very overwhelmed and irate by the time they are directed to patient relations, so defusing a situation can be challenging.
As a patient relations advocate, I assisted patients and family members navigate the sometime complex and potentially overwhelming world of health care.

I interacted with patients of course, but also many levels of staff to sort through difficulties and achieve the best outcome and obtain answers to practically any question or difficulty.

Co-workers – more... were generally great, not always. Management and Medical staff were usually very professional and helped wherever they could.

Hardest part was usually trying to defuse and calm an upset patient,owning to the nature of this arena being a cancer center.

Most enjoyable part is the satisfaction of knowing you helped a terminally ill patient and their loved ones with complex questions and tried to make a positive difference in their day. – less
Great Mission
Lead Anesthesia Surgical Coder (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 26, 2013
Pros: helping the community
The overall Mission of the company make your everyday involvement seem worthy to a cause.
Great place to start a social work career
Outpatient Gastrointestinal Social Worker (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 15, 2013
Excellent and supportive co-workers. High volume of cases and can be very stressful and demanding. Job would be best suited for someone who can multi task and has a strong interest in counseling regarding the end of life process. Management and Institution is disorganized which can add to stress. Patient and families are enjoyable to work with.
Great place for select management
Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 13, 2013
Too many old timers deeply entrenched in their roles. Dictators at best and never willing to help. Throw people into the job with little to no training and then expects miraculous results. Facilities leadership worst ever seen, a lot of great people wasted because management would not support them. Terrible place, better think twice.

1 2 3 4

About H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute

The H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, founded in 1986, is a┬áNational Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive – Read more