H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute

H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute Employee Reviews

It's ok for the most part
Admin support (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 28, 2015
Pros: They work with you, forgiving of errors
Cons: Everything is a long, drawn out processes.
There are issues like most places, mainly with management. Very, very busy, fast-paced environment. Too much work, not enough employees but "the numbers don't justify hiring more people" resulting in complaining/unhappy workers. The pt's are great considering what they're going through.
Patient Care is good but compliance is non-ethical
Compliance Professional Auditor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: Harrassment if you do not do what upper management demands
As an auditor you are trained to follow guidelines, rules, etc. It is a challenge there due to upper management. You go in there everyday and try to make a difference and no matter what happens money rules.
A good reseearch hospital
Clinical Posdoc Fellow (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2015
One of the best cancer hospitals in USA, and the best in Florida.

It has strict but efficient rules managing the whole hospital and employees work with passion and responsibility to facilitate cancer research and therapy.
Don't recommend
Research (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2015
Moffitt is not what is used to be and staffing turnover is high
Middle Management continually changes yet the same problems are getting worse and with healthcare reform the benefits have decreased.
Military Lifestyle and Work environment
Development and Optimization of DSF (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2015
This was a 4-year military enlistment. There is not much to be said about this other than that it was what I expected and highly professional work environment.
A very productive place to work.Co-worker are great and makes the job rewarding and enjoyable.
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Tampa FlJuly 1, 2015
Cons: summer time is very slow and your hours are hard to get.
The management is very supportive and is always about good quality care and what is best for the patient.You have the option to grow and develop into other positions that best fit the need of the company.
Family fun atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 29, 2015
Pros: Team approach and family atmosphere, Great to know you make a difference in the patients life, Management is willing to hear your opinions and make changes based on your input
Cons: Healthcare benefits get worse each year, No holiday bonuses or incentives, Work hour/day differentials are not great, Raises are minimal
Management cares and the team is like family. I have worked as a nurse in three different departments and have enjoyed each and every unit. The providers are approachable and work as a team. Moffitt is a wonderful place to work!
Excellent working environment
MANAGEMENT ASSIST to CHAIR OF ANATOMIC PATHOLOGY (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 25, 2015
Pros: Everyday was a learning experience.
Cons: My boss was Italian and was hard to understand at times, but wonderful.
Days were extremely busy. I had EndNote classes and Grant writing classes. The management was extremely supportive. Co-workers were best I have ever had. Hardest part of the job the unbelievable fast pace. Most enjoyable part of the job was that I was pretty much on my own. I knew what had to be done and what my responsibilities were and was trusted to get them done. My level of responsibility was extremely high and expectations for me to get things done without having to be told was very high. I loved it.
Loving Atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 22, 2015
Love the staff and my patients. We always busy serving the patients. In my clinic it is a very positive atmosphere. All staff are always willing to help and teach you.
Great team
INTERN ACRCHITECT & PLANNER (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 9, 2015
Team in Facilities Dept was great, really worked hard together and made it fun. Great location in Tampa Bay and big emphasis on patients.
Best place to work for
Client Support Technician (Former Employee), FloridaJune 8, 2015
Pros: Friendly coworkers
Cons: None
Best company to work for has good salary, benefits. Employees get medical dental and 401k. and also tuition reimbursement
Challanging work enviornment
RN (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 29, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: no followup and inconsistancies with management
Moffitt was a good place to work the daily taks wr=ere challenging however management in my deptartment was untrustworthy and I did not feel secure approaching my manager with issues I saw occurring in the unit.
Great working envirnoment
PATHOLOGY OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 24, 2015
Pros: Allowed growth with company
Cons: None
• Coordinated clerical and administrative duties within the Anatomic Pathology and Cytology department.
• Execute reference material and requests for Research Facilities, Reference Labs, Clinics, and Hospitals.
• Organized files, Developed Spreadsheets, Faxed Reports, and Scanned Documents for Physician use.
• Drafted meeting agendas and supplied advance materials for clinics in preparation for Tumor Boards and clarified additional information prior to the patient’s visit.
Very stressful
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 22, 2015
Pros: No free Lunch
Cons: Short breaks
Not appreciative of the work we did, favoritism. Team Leader sneaking up on you.Management was poor. Always expected things to be perfect. it was a bad experience for me.
Fabulous Organization

Opportunity for Growth with Education

Research Opportunity Avail
Great clinical experience!
Medical Assistant Externship (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 16, 2015
Great clinical experience and overall environment. Staff is very helpful. I was able to sharpen my clinical skills and build new ones!
Moffitt greatest asset were the employees strong work ethics
Patient Service Specialist II (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 15, 2015
Pros: Staff also received free acute care.
Cons: 30-minute lunch breaks
I was responsible for making patients comfortable, had an easy schedule to follow, and made sure they were educated about what services we offered.

My experience at Moffitt taught me how life and change quickly and how health care associates become a vital part in maintaining quality of living.

My manager was very well cross-train, organized, and made sure we were accountable for our actions.

I was a privilege to work with some of best medical team. Their level of expertise, compassion, and team work made it easier to get through the day.

Cancer is a dreadful illness that causes a total life change. People fight the disease while also trying to keep employment and marriage together. This is the worst part of working there and knowing that we can only provide resources in a few areas.

I enjoyed being able to be myself and bring happiness to our patients and staff. Sometimes they would get sad when they were released to go home because we became a family.
It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice
Clinic Coordinator/Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 13, 2015
It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice It is nice
GREAT PLACE
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 9, 2015
Pros: The patients are wonderful
Cons: none
Great place to work. I worked there for past 15 years. The Co-workers work as team for most part. The physical environment is very well kept.
AT WORK
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 3, 2015
I like my work place. we are all team players, and we all work together to get things done, but I will like something new. Everyday its really busy and I like that it keeps the day moveing faster, but sometime its just nice to have a easy day.

1 2 3 4 5

About H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute

The H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, founded in 1986, is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive – Read more

H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute Salaries