H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute Employee Reviews

Externship
Medical Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 9, 2015
I did my externship at Moffitt and learned alot of information that will help me in future endeavours. I assisted in front and back office duties during my time with this company.
Medical assistant
medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 30, 2015
I love my job but, I get really attached to my patients and I see lots of thermally ill cancer patients. I would love to find a job that I wasn't afraid that I would never see my patients getting better.
Working on a cancer cure.
Survival Analysis Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 24, 2015
Worked with SAS program to create a prediction model. The goal was to identify patient characteristics which reduced the recurrence of breast cancer in 150 patients. All work was done on a computer with aid of my supervisor. Loved the people and the goal. Job entirely dependent on grant money.
Pros
Work towards a better tomorrow.
Cons
Job security changes with grant money.
Supervisor of EVS
Supervisor Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2015
I oversee the daily activities of the Environmental Services Department.
I ensure and prescribed levels of cleanliness, sanitation, and appearance are maintained though out the hospital. Supervise staff by orienting, scheduling and providing performance feedback on an ongoing basis. Trains staff in general cleaning and floor care techniques, chemical usage, set up procedures, power equipment operation, and safety. Inspects and cleaned Patient Rooms, Research Labs, Operating Rooms, Emergency Room, Dialysis, Cath Lab, Nuclear Cardiology, PSCU, PACU, ENDO, ASU and public areas to ensure high levels of service are being maintained. Ordered and uphold accurate inventory records and monitors all usage of supplies, chemicals and equipment within area of responsibility. Dispenses and collects keys assigned to Environmental Services staff. Monitors staff adherence to established safety standards. Takes required precautions when working with hazardous materials and power equipment.
Management has FAVORITES
Business office staff (Current Employee) –  tampa, FLNovember 7, 2015
If you are looking to advance in your career, make sure you get in good with any of the management team at Moffitt cause that is the sure way you will advance. It has nothing to do with experience or seniority, its who you rub elbows with that matters.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement with yrs of experience, bonus same every year & raises are small
Great Hospital
Critical Care Nurse III SCU (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 3, 2015
Great hospital to provide care to oncology patients. New management and work demands takes nurses away from the bedside and more to the computers.
Pros
great weekend plus program for people who want to work weekends, beautiful facility, great physicians, high respect for nurses
Cons
oor support from clinical leaders and managemen, poor lunch coverage so many 12 shifts with no break.
Very Nice Place to Intern
Public Relations & Strategic Communications Intern (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 31, 2015
I interned here and truly enjoyed all the people and the work. I feel like I am doing good at this job. Even though its a lot of behind the scenes work, I like seeing the end result.
Productive and fun workplace
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 21, 2015
The workflow is steady and always busy, everyone is willing to help one another. The staff are all very friendly, which makes for a well functioning laboratory.
Pros
Events, benefits, discounts
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Clinic Coordinator/LPN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2015
BE PREPARED FOR CHANGES WITHOUT NOTICE. ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP PLAN. PAY IS LOWER THAN OTHER COMPANIES. MANAGEMENT IS GOOD. BENEFITS ARE GOOD. SPACE TO GROW IS LIMITED
Moffitt Cancer Center wonderful organization to work for
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa FloridaOctober 12, 2015
I have learned compassion, hard work and team work. I have learned stronger communication skills. My co-workers are excellent the hardest part of the job is the communication with 10 people at the same time. Management is excellent. The most enjoyable part of my job are the patients. They have taught me strength and compassion.
Pros
Benefit package and management
Cons
n/a
Great work ethics and learning expirience
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  riverview f;October 7, 2015
One of the best family practice doctors I have ever worked with. Staff and colleagues are among the best with the simple purpose to help people .
Extremely welcoming work environment
Physicians Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 27, 2015
Moffitt Cancer Center is an very good place to work. Every employee is extremely nice to work with. They offer great benefits and PTO.
A caring and compassionate staff and a learning facility
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2015
A workplace that devotes time and education to their staff. My co-workers were helpful in day to day duties. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the hope and determination of patients and staff in their time of hardship
Pros
All I learned about cancer and research being done to combat this disease
Cons
Moffitt was a positive work experience for me
enjoyable, rewarding place
PCA 2 (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Moffitt cancer hospital is a loving place to work for, .and has great benefits and wonderful people.to work with. Caring for others is very important to me, but the hardest part was losing people you cared for.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
heartbreaking
A great place to work
Financial Clearance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 17, 2015
The best part about working her is that you didn't have to worry about managers or supervisor breathing down your back as long as you did your work and can also listen to music with your earplugs the coworker were amazing and fun to work with
Good Place Bad Management
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 15, 2015
Moffitt is a great place to work. However Management in my particular department does not work well together. There is no room for advancement and they have too much work one person. Benefits are about normal and the pay is decent.
Room for advancement if you apply yourself
MMG Coding (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 10, 2015
Too soon to rate, I will update at the 6 month mark. Management are OK, need to be a little more organized. typical office environment.
Pros
stability
Cons
1/2 lunch
lack of pay
Valet (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2015
fun place to work but the only con is lack of pay. i left trying to find a better opportunity for me.the co-workers are friendly and the only hard part about the job is running all day
Pros
very nice people
Cons
pay
Wonderful place to work.
Computed Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 30, 2015
I love working at Moffitt Cancer Center. The best part is our patients and the willingness of their fight for life. I have learned so much here and continue to learn daily. I hope someday we will find a cure for cancer,
Productive environment
Admin (Current Employee) –  TampaAugust 25, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job - a lot of areas to learn
Hardest part of the job - clear pathway for advancement
Really care about the patients and their families.