Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment
- Compare identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Determine method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates
- Affix shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons, using stenciling equipment
- Assemble or select containers
- Prepare and inserts items, including protective padding and space fillers, into containers
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages, and correspond with shipper to rectify damages and shortages
- Route items to departments
- Examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all contacts
- Accept and adapt easily to change
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Previous experience preferred
- Read, write, and speak English fluently
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control
- Ability to reconcile stock counts to report data
- Database management skills
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods
- Knowledge of invoicing procedures
- Clerical, word processing, and/or office skills.
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to meet frequent short timeline goals and deadlines
We are looking for an experienced person who is willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that our shop makes quality parts every time they run a job. Flexibility to work OT, a positive attitude, and an exceptional work ethic are a must.
We offer competitive wages and benefits. Job offers made are contingent on successful completion of the background screening process that may include drug screening, criminal records review, and verification of past employment.
If you believe you are the kind of person we are looking for, send us your resume.
Indeed - 10 months ago