H.B. Fuller Employee Reviews in United States

Poor support
Former manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 18, 2016
One of the worst companies I have worked for. HQ piled more work onto their plants. People were starting to crack with all the demands from HQ. No work/life balance at the plants. Then the staff were expected to participate in company community activities while trying to keep up on workload.

Loads of vacation time, but people couldn't use it. Pay was low.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
No life/work balance
Working at HB Fuller
Director, Strategy and Financial Planning (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 2, 2016
I believe in terms of culture HB Fuller is very flexible to give opportunities to all in order to be successful as well as have a great work life balance. It is a small company but with strong global presence and ethics.
Ok Place to Work At
Facility Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Covington, GADecember 28, 2015
Poor management styles. Inadequate skill in recognizing talents. Little work-life balance. Not a fun place to work. The hardest part of the job is that there is always lack of resources and your hands are always tided. Some of the managers do not appreciate your smart and hard work and will not let you spread your wings.
Positive environment that meets its goals
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, PAOctober 8, 2015
I Enjoyed my time working for H.B Fuller. Everyday we would start off with a meeting that layout tasks and goals for the day so everyone is on the same page. I believe management did a great job in communicating concerns or areas that we can improve in. Co- workers were friendly and worked harder than most which was the most enjoyable part. you were never the only one trying your best or working your hardest to meet the goal, Workers really come together as a team to reach goals and pass them.
Pros
Benefits and great pay
Cons
Short breaks for long hours of work
Excellent Family and Community Focused Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 2, 2015
H.B. Fuller, especially the Vancouver, WA location, is a fantastic place to work. The pay and benefits are more than competitive and the work life balance is very good. We do have to work some weekends, but it is almost always on a volunteer basis.

We have a community park built on our land, and dedicate one full day each year to community service by shutting down the plant and going out to some worthy non-profit to build playgrounds, read to children, build ramps for vets, or plant flowers with the elderly.

The work is good and there is room for advancement. There are lots of different jobs to learn and opportunities to try something new.

H.B. Fuller is a great place to work! I highly recommend it!
Pros
Family oriented, community focused, great benefits, job advancement opportunities, great people
Management Sucks / Salespeople Are Treated Like Trash.
Sales Pro (Former Employee) –  West CoastFebruary 23, 2015
Middle and upper management really don't care about their supposed sales pro's. Fellow salespeople are the real fabric and deserve better.
Pros
benefits are good. used to be a fun company to work for.
Cons
gsm's are from the same mold ...not a decent one that i know of.
Great company to work for but
Manager (Current Employee) –  WAJanuary 8, 2015
Very understanding, family oriented company but tend to over load workforce. Management count on voluntary contribution of their time. Field team often working from early morning to evening and either driving to the next day appointment or working on the computer at the hotel.
Pros
flexible, home office possible
Cons
Very Productive and is a great job to work at.
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILJanuary 9, 2013
Days are long but worth it in the end. I feel like I accomplish a lot when the day is over. I am always busy with work to keep me on my toes. I have learned a lot about the glue industry since I have been working with them. The people I work for are really good and care for everyone. I would say the hardest part of the job would be nothing I really love all of the jobs where I work! Its very calm and understanding.
Excellent Environment
Production Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 1, 2012
H.B.Fuller was a wondeful place for me to grow as a young adult looking for new opportunities. My direct supervisor was a great Mentor and taught me how to lead others.
Pros
great benefits, advancement of minorities
Cons
depending on location- advancement may be a slower process
Production I Na
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJanuary 19, 2014
This is probably the worst company I have ever worked for. They play favorites and don't care anything about the employee. When you read the jib posting it will say that you will maintain desired run rates but what they don't tell you is that each of the mixers in the facility run at different rates. So no big deal right? Wrong mixer 3 runs at 3 the speed of the other mixers. So while u are barely trying to keep up Bc your mixer is running 60 lbs per hour and a typical batch weighs 8000lbs, the lazy people around you will either be sleeping or watching you bust your butt and not even get to take breaks. And to top it all off it takes 2 hours to make a batch so you will run out of glue before you can actually complete another one. There is is no overlap at all which means no time to take a break and the team leaders don't care if you don't get a break because all they care about is there lbs packaged at the end of each shift.
Pros
only pro was having health insurance.
Cons
company promotes laziness and favoritism
Well established company
Reactor Operations (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 17, 2013
Work day entails operating and maintaining three chemical reactors.
Pros
work with good people
Cons
not always listening to employees
Productive, fast paced environment