H.E.B. Grocery

H.E.B. Grocery Employer Reviews

fun place to work
Produce Lead (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: hr lunches
Cons: low pay
little room for advancement, not the highest paying job. but a lot of opportunity to grow and learn..
Each and everyone counts/family culture enviroment
Department Manager (Former Employee), Katy, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Review daily duties put high priorities first
Everyday is a learning process even a customer can teach you something
Maintains an open attitude towards everyone and keeps an open door policy
My co-workers are the best production makers I got. Keep a positive attitude be happy try to meet their needs makes a happy employee
Try not to make my job difficult
Working – more... with our partners – less
Productive company with reasonable prices
cashier (Former Employee), 11th st. beaumontJanuary 4, 2014
I worked as a cashier which is a okay job but I wouldn't plan on doing it again.I learned how to better handle money,and provide fast customer service.Co-workers were great to work with but didn't lead a good example.The hardest part was explaining to customers about prices and deals.Management was sometimes fair.The most enjoyable part was bringing – more... a smile to customers faces with a friendly greeting. – less
Excellent Employee-Focused Job
Central Checkout Manager (Former Employee), Laredo, TXDecember 18, 2013
Pros: employee driven
Cons: favoritism in certain stores.
Fast-paced, great work environment, and focuses a lot on employees and customers alike.

The hardest part would be being able to balance the different requests being made on you from various sources (customers, employees, management) at the same time.

Best part? The employees and work culture!
Was a very enjoyable job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXDecember 10, 2013
I worked in different areas of HEB. I loved every single department that I was able to experience. I learned a lot of different traits that I am able to use with any job that I have or want to have.
Good company to work for.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Conroe, TXDecember 1, 2013
A good company to work for as a college student that will work with your schedule, for the most part, and pays fairly well.
Great Company to Work For
Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 28, 2013
Pros: partners get a 10% discount on own brand products
Cons: in order to get into management, you have to have the store directors "approval."
Great company to gain experience in retail, although your best chances to advance in the company is based highly on who you know rather than what you know. But the employees are good people with positive morals.
My first job and long lasting job but need a career
Loss Prevention Agent and Customer Champion (Current Employee), McAllen, TXApril 30, 2013
Pros: decent pay, great benefits and full time
Cons: not enough tools to do my job correct, short breaks, no set schedule
A typical day at work involves lots of customer service with lots of different people. My management tends to be supportive with the efforts. We tend to do lots of different methods for merchandise protection so that it makes it less desirable for people to steal. The hardest part of the job is sometimes being very idle at the door as we are supposed – more... to stick around the door and stand there and greet customers, but it gets very boring as it is the same thing day after day. I need more of a challenge and something to keep my brain and mind active and that is the reason for leaving the job. Otherwise the job has been absolutely great to me all my eleven years. Never been an easy day but plenty of the same type of day. – less
Grocery
Assist customer (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 25, 2013
Pros: good management team
Assist customer with paying for their goods and services. Assist the other members of management with making sure the company was running as it be.
great with students
Cashier (Former Employee), Seguin, TXFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: scheduling
Cons: customers
I worked at HEB for 10 years. Throughout this time they were wonderful with working with my schedule while I was in high school and college.
Great benifits
Market Clerk (Former Employee), Seguin, TXNovember 14, 2012
Pros: flexable schedule
Cons: short handed days
A typical day at work included reviewing orders, stocking product and great customer sevice.
Outside the box thinker, innovatoive, and dedicated
Business Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 19, 2012
Pros: open to exploring new ideas, management, and work schedule
Cons: not any major cons
There isn't a typical day at work, which I like. My boss and manager have been extremely supportive of my growth and learning, as well as being open minded to new ideas. They are also flexible in work schedule.
No typical day at work
Business Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 19, 2012
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: no major cons
There isn't a typical day at work, which I like. In terms of growing in your career and gaining new skills, it's only limited by your desire to learn and expand. My boss and manager have been extremely supportive in my career at HEB as well as open minded to new ideas.
Is a fun workplace
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2012
Good place to work for ,we stocked up shelves take in prouduct .
It was very family oriented.
Bagger to Cashier (Current Employee), Boerne, txJuly 19, 2012
I loved working at heb. I worked in a lot of different positions but i mainly worked in receiving. I was in charged of checking vendors in, making sure they obeyed the policy's. I also was in charge of keeping the back room clean and making sure the partners were keeping there areas clean. I unloaded our truck when they came in.
Friendly and high-paced environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXJuly 10, 2012
Pros: friendly people, high-paced environment
Cons: tiring physical labor that becomes monotonous
This company is a good place to work, especially as a first job or temporary position. However, it is not a place I would recommend to work for one's whole life, save for those looking to work their way into management.
Excellent Management and Flexible Schedules
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee), Seguin, TXApril 8, 2012
Great place to work, but seems to be a little difficult to find opportunities to advance up within the company.
Work Was Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston,txMarch 15, 2012
Cons: one 30 mins lunch and two 15 mins breaks
This was a Great Experience Working as a Cashier, Meeting New people, Great customers that gives you good compliments when you do a good job, you get your raise on time.