H.J. Heinz Company

H.J. Heinz Company United States Employee Reviews

Good for hard workers
Ore-Ida Brand Management - Activation (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: big brand name
Cons: no work life balance
Good company on resume, great experience for young employees. Work hard will get rewarded. Lean mean operating machine. Can learn from experienced employees
Technical lead for HjHeinz account (Former Employee), pittsburgh paDecember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary, culture
Cons: none that i can think of
The only reason I left was because I was part of the outsourcing deal Heinz made with ACS
Rewarding experience, something new every day
Finance Coordinator, FP&A (Current Employee), San Joaquin, VenezuelaDecember 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours that require a great deal of commitment to the organization
Great work environment. Good place to learn new concepts and analysis developed in house and applied only within the company. Co-workers are helpful, and my boss is my customer that I work to please through constructive back and forth feedback
Bad Owners, Low Employee Morale, Slash and Burn Benefits and Pay
Manager- Manafacturing Plant (Current Employee), Florida OperationsJune 19, 2014
Pros: great brands and quality products
Cons: horrible place to work, corporate office, manufacturing plants
Heinz has been in crisis since new ownership has purchased the company, Cost cutting at the expense of the employees, Plant closing and job elimination are a daily expectation, Benefits are horrible, The Brazilian Group ( 3G New Owners) does not get any respect from it's employees. Great Brand, Bad Company.
Made me want to cry
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Massillion OhioMay 21, 2014
Pros: co workers are good people
Cons: low pay bad management that think they are better then you.. no job security
Good Co workers bad management. Union does nothing.. Have to work four plus year to make any money.. Laid off twice in the 3 months I was employed
Good People, Bad Business
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 30, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: everything else
The front line of people that work at the Portion Control plant are incredibly hard working and good people, it's just a shame the low-margin nature of the condiment industry will eventually cause more hardship at this plant. It is inevitable that the profit-hungry owners of this company will continue to enrich themselves without thought of the people making it happen and sell this factory to a co-packer that will offer cheaper production via lower pay, less benefits, and less financial backing than Heinz did (believe it or not).

If you're thinking about applying for a job here (and have hopes to find a place where you will be happy), DON'T! The turnover rate is incredibly high and the nature of the work is brutal. There is little-to-no training and almost half of the employees are disgruntled temps that have no shot at ever getting hired.
Shipping crew
Shipping crew (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Loved my job. It was fun and learning experience for me. I liked coworkers. Too bad this business went out order in Tracy, CA
Productive and great workplace; free food to sample.
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Florence, SCJanuary 10, 2014
The company is productive; great place to work. Always learning knew things about the job. Everyone works together (teamwork).
terrible
production (Former Employee), Fremont, OhioJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: lazy coworkers, no room for advancement
Lazy people...you would think people would put some effort into their jobs for $20+/hour. Supervisors, management, and office people are a joke! Everyone is out for themselves therefore zero teamwork!
An opportunity that was worth while
Materials Planner (Current Employee), Florence, SCNovember 27, 2013
Pros: great place to learn more
Cons: plant closure
When I came to Heinz, I came in with only manufactoring process experience. I was given an opportunity to work on the business side of manufactoring which was the Materials Planning and this was something I've never experienced. I'm very greatful for the opportunity because now I believe that this will help add value to my next career move.
family environment
Packaging Specification Coordinator (Former Employee), Warrendale, PANovember 7, 2013
hard working co-workers, fun place, learn a lot about team building and working with cross-functional teams
Review for H.J. Heinz
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Edina, MNNovember 5, 2013
Pros: used to be a great company to work for and they appreciated your efforts
Cons: new owners suck
Not recommend applying here. Since new owners took company private it is no longer the type of environment I want to work in. The most enjoyable part of the job left when they laid off 600 US employees.
Plant is constantly losing money.
Maintenance Team Leader (Former Employee), Florence, SCSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: nothing is free.
Cons: good insurance and pay.
Terrible Place to work in Maintenance Department at the Florence, SC location. There is no leadership from maintenance management, no training, and no Pm program. Mainatenance Manager and Coaches, never have anything good to say about the Technicians. Very hard people to work for.
run, forrest,run
food tech (Former Employee), Florence,SCSeptember 8, 2013
Terrible place to work,no safety,nobody was happy there.I worked a lot of days unable to even take a break. Management was inexperienced. If at all possible find another place to work.
Great place to work before new management
Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 1, 2013
Fast paced and always busy. New management closed my entire department.
Relaxed schedule and work environment
INGREDIENT SPECIFICATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: work space, schedule, great managers
Cons: job insecurity, no rewards system
Heinz allowed us to work our hours as it fit our schedules. We were expected to be there during the bulk dof the day (9-3), but I often worked 745-4:00 and I loved it. It created a great work-life balance.

The work environment was relaxed yet professional. We had a lot of private work space which I really enjoyed.
Difficult environment
Finance (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 18, 2013
Pros: compensation/benefits
Cons: company morale
Poor morale due to new management taking over with lack of communication regarding strategy and objectives
Fast paced, invigorating place to work
HR Business Partner (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 26, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: challenges with sale of the business
Hard working organization with great talent. Terrific brands and a world class supply chain.
NA
Research and Development of Frozen Foods (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 25, 2013
Good company to work for. Hard to balance work and personal life but it is doable.
Great company
Associate Brand Manager Intern, Ore-Ida (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 24, 2012
I thought Heinz was a great place to work. The people and work-life balance were exceptional!