H.J. Heinz Company

H.J. Heinz Company Employer Reviews

Productive and great workplace; free food to sample.
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Florence, SCJanuary 10, 2014
The company is productive; great place to work. Always learning knew things about the job. Everyone works together (teamwork).
terrible
production (Former Employee), Fremont, OhioJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: lazy coworkers, no room for advancement
Lazy people...you would think people would put some effort into their jobs for $20+/hour. Supervisors, management, and office people are a joke! Everyone is out for themselves therefore zero teamwork!
An opportunity that was worth while
Materials Planner (Current Employee), Florence, SCNovember 27, 2013
Pros: great place to learn more
Cons: plant closure
When I came to Heinz, I came in with only manufactoring process experience. I was given an opportunity to work on the business side of manufactoring which was the Materials Planning and this was something I've never experienced. I'm very greatful for the opportunity because now I believe that this will help add value to my next career move.
family environment
Packaging Specification Coordinator (Former Employee), Warrendale, PANovember 7, 2013
hard working co-workers, fun place, learn a lot about team building and working with cross-functional teams
Review for H.J. Heinz
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Edina, MNNovember 5, 2013
Pros: used to be a great company to work for and they appreciated your efforts
Cons: new owners suck
Not recommend applying here. Since new owners took company private it is no longer the type of environment I want to work in. The most enjoyable part of the job left when they laid off 600 US employees.
Plant is constantly losing money.
Maintenance Team Leader (Former Employee), Florence, SCSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: nothing is free.
Cons: good insurance and pay.
Terrible Place to work in Maintenance Department at the Florence, SC location. There is no leadership from maintenance management, no training, and no Pm program. Mainatenance Manager and Coaches, never have anything good to say about the Technicians. Very hard people to work for.
run, forrest,run
food tech (Former Employee), Florence,SCSeptember 8, 2013
Terrible place to work,no safety,nobody was happy there.I worked a lot of days unable to even take a break. Management was inexperienced. If at all possible find another place to work.
Great place to work before new management
Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 1, 2013
Fast paced and always busy. New management closed my entire department.
Relaxed schedule and work environment
INGREDIENT SPECIFICATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: work space, schedule, great managers
Cons: job insecurity, no rewards system
Heinz allowed us to work our hours as it fit our schedules. We were expected to be there during the bulk dof the day (9-3), but I often worked 745-4:00 and I loved it. It created a great work-life balance.

The work environment was relaxed yet professional. We had a lot of private work space which I really enjoyed.
Difficult environment
Finance (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 18, 2013
Pros: compensation/benefits
Cons: company morale
Poor morale due to new management taking over with lack of communication regarding strategy and objectives
Fast paced, invigorating place to work
HR Business Partner (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 26, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: challenges with sale of the business
Hard working organization with great talent. Terrific brands and a world class supply chain.
NA
Research and Development of Frozen Foods (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 25, 2013
Good company to work for. Hard to balance work and personal life but it is doable.
Great company
Associate Brand Manager Intern, Ore-Ida (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 24, 2012
I thought Heinz was a great place to work. The people and work-life balance were exceptional!
dangerous place safety rules but safety not practiced..
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee), FlaNovember 7, 2012
Cons: attendance policy rediculous, very unsafe for technicians and operators.
this company has safety rules but equipment poorly guarded in many cases not guarded at all.. Poor craftmanship on manufacturing equipment, electrical disconnects not labeled many electrical sources on same machine never sure if all power truly off.. Shift Lead made me remove lock and tag on machine and work on it while running which is a OSHA violation. – more... Several employees missing fingers from this plant from accidents involving machinery..Attendance policy at this company is rediculous..
If you like having all your fingers and toes dont work at this company.. – less

jcw1025 – July 10, 2013

The fast pace un safe conditions of this factory made it impossible to do my job as a line operator, not to mention that the company did not alow the maintenance department to properly maintain the equipment, causing frustraition for more than 3/4 of the employees. I no longer work there because of Aloud constant herrasment by union employees, along with company supervisors, who are aloud to get away with what ever they want. That's ok, they can get rid of me right away, but they will never replace me. I will never work for any (HEINZ) Co. ever again.

busy, hard working place
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 16, 2012
constantly busy-always something to do, friendly people, safe, free parking
HJ Heinz
Warehouse Labourer (Current Employee), Leamington, ONMarch 10, 2014
My typical day as of right now consists of managing and properly keeping a fully automated robot stocked with product so that production of pallets can continue on a regular basis. Over the years at Heinz ive learned many things.What I have learned that may appeal to you is the number one goal any employer wantss and thats saftey, its not anyone persons – more... responsibility, its everyones. I have learned how to properly load trucks by weight , size of the trailer and how many pallets are on the particular load, ie . 53 foot trailer equals 28 spots on the floor , or 30 when product is loaded wide ways side by side, keep it light on the nose and light on the rear axles for proper weight distribusion. – less
Great workplace
Bilingual Consumer Affairs Representative (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 30, 2012
Pros: great team.
Cons: no advancement opportunities
Respond to consumers inquiries via phone, email and fax. The team is great, they make the days go by fast and we have a lot of fun.