H.J. Heinz

H.J. Heinz Employer Reviews

I enjoyed working here.
Continuous Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee), Lake City, GAMarch 26, 2014
We manufactured hors d’oeuvres and appetizers. This was a small division of Heinz at the time.
A fun place to work with exciting people.
Food Technician (Former Employee), Florence, SCMarch 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: well break short and health car was pretty high
I think Heinz was fun to be honest. I liked the idea that I was making a product that consumers would have in there refrigerator. A typical day at work was fun seeing the product from start to finish. I learned a lot about hygiene that I did not now and about food allergens. The co workers for the most part was fun to be around. We took the job serious – more... and tried to make it one of the best in Florence. The management did there best to keep the plant running at proficient level, and still pay us a decent salary. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had a chance to eat our product. I admit they were pretty good. The hardest part was to be honest the temperature inside was pretty cold. – less
Great company
SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 28, 2014
Oversaw $400 Million Distributor and National Account Sales
 Achieved 9% top line and 18.9 Bottom line growth
 Managed a $38 million sales budget
 Led and directed 43 sales professional and 14 customer service representatives
 Cultivated strong working relationships with all Major Food Service Distributors
A challenging position
Aseptic Technician (Former Employee), Fremont, OHJanuary 12, 2014
Main responsibilities included preparing the factory for production start-up and shut-down each week. Ran chemicals and steam through pipes and filling rooms to sterilize.
Absolutely loved working here. It was a fun little shop. Customers were inquisitive and joyful to learn about our company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 25, 2013
Pros: building retail management experience, excellent benefits and pay, discounts
Cons: small work area, no restroom facilities
Typical day started with the daily banking then ordering merchandise; it was exciting to see what was new. Our main purpose was public relations; it was enjoyable informing customers of the company's history. I learned so much on the "business" end working for H.J.Heinz; profit/loss, team leadership, communications, and building relationships with employees – more... and customers. The hardest part was saying good-bye to everyone. – less
not so productiove nor efficient
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 20, 2013
Changes in senior management has significantly dropped the productivity level and work morale
Enjoy working there
Electrical Controls Technician (Current Employee), Florence, SCNovember 16, 2013
This is a new facility that was just hitting it's stride until the "New Heinz" decided not to continue operations at this location.

I enjoy working there. It is an automated facility with the latest PLC control systems which were great to work on. The Staff and workers were just beginning to jell and hitting the target numbers. We had truly turned – more... a corner and not given a chance to succeed. – less
Before new owners it was a fun, good place to work.
Financial Analyst - Cost (Former Employee), Muscatine, IAOctober 21, 2013
Since the new owners took over, the atmosphere is bad!!! No loyalty to employees at all. Seems to be no sense of history of the company and I feel they will lose many customers.
Team leaders and supervisors
Sanitation attendant/ Production Associate (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDOctober 14, 2013
Pros: free turkeys on thanksgiving
Cons: lay offs
Productive and for the most part had good attitudes. Just wish they didn't alternate and could have the same one at all times and not get shifted around.
Good company to work for.
Assistant Controller / Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Muscatine, IASeptember 9, 2013
Good products and great people. Work/life balance suffered when Heinz was bought out.
Unknown work environment under 3G
Manager Transportation Projects (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 19, 2013
Good place to work prior to the acquisition by 3G. Was able to advance in the last 7 years. Good lower and middle management. Hard to judge senior management as they are very disconnected to day to day business.
Not a fun place to work at
Material Handler (Former Employee), Le Center, MNJuly 25, 2013
Cons: no sick pay, no personal pay, very cheap benefits you still have to pay out of pocket.
A typical day at work was going in at 4 AM working 12 to 13 hours a day with not much to learn about what you need to do to get the job done, very small place to work at and never have the correct PPE for you at the right time.
It was a fun place to work.
Food Technician (Former Employee), Florence, SCJuly 21, 2013
The job was okay fun place to work. It was cold and the co-workers was nice and friendly. The hardest part was start up time we had to be there early. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the finish product I made.
Great Experience and Good work enviornment
Credit Specialist/Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 26, 2013
Pros: great benefits and gained alot of experience
Cons: limited financial analysis
A majority of the job entailed writing credit reviews for clients. We analyzed financial documents for accounts. Became more familiar working with audited financial statements. The work environment was great.
spent 16 years at this company
Laborer (Former Employee), Tracy, CAFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: plant closure
This was a family company in ways my entire family worked at Heinz one time or another. My co-workers were like family to me.I learned alot on what goes in ketchup on how it goes in the different sizes bottles.The hardest part of my job was the last day the plant was in business. The most enjoyable part was knowing that thousands of people was going – more... to enjoy eating our ketchup and other many products we produced there. Management was great in the years i was employed there. – less
ENJOYABLE TIME IN MY LIFE
Dear Hiring Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 12, 2012
22 YEARS AT HEINZ GOOD PAY GOOD PEOPLE JUST TIME TO MOVE ON NOW AT PANERA BREAD.
low pay
fork lift operator (Former Employee), Holland, MISeptember 23, 2012
Pros: learned how to operate a fork lift
Cons: very long hours
low pay long hours , seasonal employee long hours in the summer for green season (pickles)
Productive, and laid back.
FOOD TECH/MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee), Florence, SCSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: not sure how long the company will be there due to production issues.
Heinz is a great company to work for. The atmosphere is laid back, and the employees get along . Management is there to listen to any issues, and they are open to new suggestions. The hardest part of the job is getting there. I love my job it's not hard and it's stimulating.
Be careful when applying for a position with Heinz
candidate for Eurobuyer position (Former Employee), THE NetherlandsAugust 28, 2012
They invite you for an interview and promise to reimburse your travel expenses if you are traveling from another country but I have already been waiting for 1,5 month and I still haven’t received my money. Not to mention that you spend the whole day traveling and they don’t even invite you for lunch. My recruitment process experience was more than enough – more... for me to decide I don’t want to work for them. – less
Good place to work, But have to get used to the hours varying
Production Line (Current Employee), Massillon, OHJuly 30, 2012
Nice place to work, time goes by pretty fast due to being busy. Tend to do the same thing over and over again but this is what you sign up for when working in a factory position. Overall its a good place to work.

About H.J. Heinz

Forget those original 57 varieties. H. J. Heinz now has thousands of products. One of the world's largest food companies, Heinz – Read more