Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, Hagemeyer North America, Inc. is a leading distributor of products and services focusing on business-to-business markets in electrical materials, safety products, and industrial products and services throughout North America.
We are currently seeking an Human Resources Assistant to support the Hagemeyer Human Resources department in performing its responsibilities in order to meet the needs of Hagemeyer and its employees. This position is primarily administrative in nature.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or human resources is preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in a human resources department with knowledge of human resources principles and practices is preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of organizing company events and employee activities is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop and write routine reports and HR correspondence
- Ability to assist in HR system administration, including performance management system and Ceridian
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and adjust work accordingly
- Problem solving – ability to identify and solve problems in a timely manner
- Must demonstrate the ability to be proactive in identifying and resolving issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Assist with preparation of offer letters and other HR related documents
- Provide welcome information to new employees ( contacts, ensure employees have reviewed and signed off on handbook, etc).
- Assist with preparation of surveys
- Performance management system administration. Ensure new hires are entered and terminated employees deleted from system. Reset passwords, run reports and general administration of the system
- Assist Managers with pre-employment processes
- Assist HR Shared Services on employment verification request
- Prepare monthly termination and census reports
- Schedule exit interviews and consolidate data to identify reasons/ trends for voluntary terminations
- Assist with revision of HR documents, including handbook, Managers Manual, etc.
- Assists department with various research projects and/or special projects
- Schedules meetings and interviews as needed by the HR managers
- Organize/coordinate employee involvement initiatives and company events, such as luncheons, United Way, and training events
401K Plan; Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision); Paid vacation,sick, personal and holiday; Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care); Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts etc.
Hagemeyer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of personnel so classified.