Organization: Heating, Airconditioning & Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI)
Accountable Manager: Marketing Manager
Job Code: Salaried
The Digital Communications & PR Coordinator is the association’s tech-savvy staff reporter responsible for developing content for HARDI publications, marketing efforts, products and services, member and non-member communications, and the HARDI Foundation. This position is also responsible for managing HARDI’s public relations efforts at the direction of the Marketing Manager.
This position must be able to communicate across all mediums including social networking tools, and needs to be an outgoing individual eager to solicit input and comment from member companies on a wide variety of topics. The Digital Communications & PR Coordinator will also be the primary contact with HARDI’s official publication, Distribution Center Magazine, helping to generate and coordinate bi-monthly issues, e-newsletter, and web content with the magazine’s editor, writers, and publisher. In addition, this position must have some technical experience or interest in technical development in order to fulfill the role of administrator for the HARDI website, the annual conference website, and the annual conference mobile app.
HARDI is predominantly a North American trade association with international members representing wholesale distributors of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, and refrigeration equipment and supplies. With a membership of over 1,000 distributors, manufacturers, marketing groups, and service vendors, HARDI is a diverse organization that exists to promote and strengthen the HVACR wholesale distribution channel.
- Generate content for HARDI marketing communications, publications, social media, and website
- Conduct interviews with member company representatives
- Manage HARDI’s public relations efforts and trade press interactions
- Prepare, write, and distribute press releases
- Coordinate updates for HARDI website, annual conference website, and conference mobile app
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- A minimum of one year of journalism, marketing, and communications experience
- Exceptional written, oral, journalism abilities including interviewing and editing
- Experience with AP Stylebook
- Capability to manage multiple project deadlines
- Expertise with Microsoft Office required, HTML, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop preferred
- Experience with social media marketing and website content management preferred
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Journalism, Marketing, or Communications
Talbot Gee, Executive Vice President & C.O.O.