Job Location: MARYLAND
Period of Performance: June 2013 through May 2014
Permission to work in the United States is required; U.S. citizenship is preferred
All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- The candidate must have 8-10 + years of experience with software development and deployment in complex architectures
- Extensive experience, familiarity, and comfort in operating in a variety of Unix/Linux environments, to include shell scripting, setting up recurring/automated tasks (cron/scheduling), and root level tasks including user and group administration
- Experience interacting with and administering large-scale databases (50,000+ records), including building and running scripts, queries, and reports
- Experience with controlled system configuration information provisioning tools such as Puppet or Chef
- Experience with virtual infrastructures and deployments
- Experience with automated system monitoring and scaling
- Experience with working with development, system administrative, and operations teams
- Some experience with scripting solutions; experience with Ruby is highly desirable.
- Candidate must be familiar with concepts related to high availability systems and an understanding of the complexities of external systems communications for such systems.
- The candidate must be able to work effectively in a small team environment to ensure the URS operational system reliably supports the client community.
- Capable of effective communication with customers and end users in a timely, professionally and efficient manner
- Familiarity with integrated development environments (IDEs) for configuration, build and development.
- Experience with LDAP, including ldapsearch command line tool and the LDAP LDIF format
- Experience with administering multiple git repositories
- Experience with continuous integrations systems. Comfortable in an Agile, short sprint environment
- Experience with administering and maintaining load balancing software/hardware
- Experience with Nagios, Hyperic, and wiki technologies. Familiarity with Drupal and/or Ruby a plus
- The candidate should be able to understand and develop within the URS architectural framework, as well as support the enabling of URS connectivity client groups, technical troubleshooting of infrastructure on both the URS side and the client side, and assist with the integration of client applications with the URS API
- Specifically, the candidate will provide technical leadership for development and deployment of the EOSDIS User Registration System (URS)
- Assist client organizations and associated developers in planning, executing, and troubleshooting their integrations with URS APIs and use of other URS interface components, including the LDAP proxy
- Manage and participate in client community and developer discussion forums and support queues to debug and resolve technical/coding problems and take advantage of emerging URS architectural features
- Write sample code and support client libraries as needed to assist the client user groups in transition to URS services
- Help URS engineering teams improve developer products by conveying feedback from client groups, reviewing API designs, and testing new features
A senior technical engineer is needed to The EOSDIS is a core capability in NASA’s Earth Science Data Systems Program. EOSDIS provides end-to-end capabilities for managing NASA’s Earth science data from various sources – satellites, aircraft, field measurements, and various other programs. For the EOS satellite missions, EOSDIS provides capabilities for command and control, scheduling, data capture and initial processing.
Indeed - 15 months ago