HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division Employee Reviews

STRESSFUL-Poor Management
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) (Former Employee) –  Surgical ParkDecember 6, 2017
Very busy. Mangement did not handle stress well. Instead would snap at the employees. Staff has poor rapor, a lot of work friction among certain employees. When reaching out to Administration, they tried to cover up for all the situations that were ocurring. Eventually I ended up leaving. Too much unecessary stress, and seems like mangement were not going to change anything, anytime soon. They were protected by the administrator.
Pros
Cons
Long work hours, friction and lack of communication amond employees and management
Good working enviroment
OR RN (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLDecember 1, 2017
i have enjoyed both of my HCA positions in the past and would work for HCA in the future. There was a friendly learning environment with the opportunity for advancement and professional growth
fun
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2017
The people here were amazing to work with. Doctors were always willing to teach you new things. I would recommend this place for anyone wanting to work in the medical field.
Relaxed working environment
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 17, 2017
It’s a healthy working environment. We have flexible hours. It’s easier to request for vacation. The only downside is that, we don’t have paid holidays. We have to use our PTO during holidays and we don’t have sick time either.
Good schedule
RN Staff Nurse OR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2017
Good place to work if you're looking for M-F 0630-1500, no weekends and holidays. Workload varies depending on the time of the year. Early part of the year might have some slow days and will require to have people on low census off with PTO accumulation, more busy towards end of the year.
Pros
Fast paced and easy routine
Cons
Used to have free friday lunch
Horrible
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2017
I would not recommend working for HCA in Atlanta. Management is absolutely terrible, employees are treated like robots and the turn over ratio is very high. Always short staffed, no lunch, unpredictable, you never know when your shift starts or ends. By far one of the worst outpatient centers I've worked at.
Benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Great Co-workers
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 6, 2017
I loved the people I worked with! Working for HCA was a great experience and I was able to develop relationships with co workers and gain experience in a health care setting.
Facility was OK
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 28, 2017
The facility was ok itself, but when it came time for my shift, I worked the overnights if we had them. There would be 1 maybe 2 patients and if the patient decided to leave that would be the end of my shift. I would go home early and that happened a lot of the time.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
barely and hours to work
Supportive Management
PRN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time at HCA Ambulatory Division. Everyone I worked with was enjoyable. I didn't work there very long, but it had nothing to do with management or other employees or patients. I worked one morning every two weeks for them, and sometimes it would only be 1 short (<1hr) case. This was preventing me from getting full days of work at other places where I also worked PRN.
Pros
Supportive management and staff
Cons
Unable to get enough hours
wonderful place to work
Staff Nurse Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 22, 2017
Fast paced Ambulatory Surgery Center. Very supportive staff and management.
Conveniently located. Great supportive orientation. Nursing Director calm and professional. Always concerned with how I was doing.
Laid back place to work.
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2017
Laid back place to work first 8 years . Change in management changed the atmosphere in a negative way. Due to low case count employes had to use vacation time to get 40 hours. Management implemented new polocies without our in put which ultimately did not work, which was the hardest part knowing the changes would not work.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of cases.
I interned there and have no complaints. Great people to work for.
Internship, medical records (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXOctober 1, 2017
If I had the opportunity to work there I gladly would. My internship there was a very positive experience. I learned so much and have used a lot of the skills I picked up at HCA with my previous employer.
Worked here
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 27, 2017
Worked here at this surgery center, BAD Management ! I had to leave. No help at all, your on your own till your done is a typical work day. Met new friends,was the most I enjoyed about the job.
Pros
friends
Have not worked here
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 26, 2017
Just to clarify, I have never personally worked in an HCA facility. My husband, however , worked at one in SC. Grand Strand Medical Center in Myrtle Beach and we were both pleased with all aspects of HCA.
workplace culture
CST (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 25, 2017
As an agency surgical tech I have worked at several HCA facilities and I love that they are all very similar in the way the surgery centers, OR's, materials and sterile processing are set up. I feel like I am familiar with each place even if it's my first time working there.
Ambulatory surgery billing (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 23, 2017
The people are great to work with. A strong team paying company. Treats the employees like equals.
Management is very patient and believes in sharing all communication about learning with each employee. Treats the employees with respect.
Pros
The employees are treated with respect.
Cons
huirricnes in fl where they are located/
HCA ambulatory Surgery Division
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDSeptember 18, 2017
Go work early. We would recover patients who had gone to the OR for surgery. They would come into PACU we would place them on O2, and do vital signs and check their O2 saturations. We work on helping them wake up. and take care of any problems like if they get nauseated. when they woke up we would get them something to drink and help them to the bathroom. When they were fully awake we would go over discharge instructions with them. A family member would pick them up and we would take them to their car in a wheelchair.
Pros
1/2 hr lunch
Cons
lucky if got a break
HCA has been a wonderful company that I have been employed by for the past 3 years.
Pre-op and PACU RN (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 14, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my work involves interacting with people of various cultures and generations. Each has his/her own story to tell! I believe being organized in the approach of each day makes life easier for all. From there it goes according to scheduled procedures and patient needs. I try to answer each question that arises before going to management. The work culture is diverse in ages and orientations which makes each uniquely enjoyable. I'm struggling to come up with an answer to the hardest part of the job...sometimes making sure you have clearly communicated discharge instructions to someone of a different language can be a challenge.
Pros
Everyone works well together
Cons
Getting all the hours needed
very productive
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendrige Drive Atlanta GASeptember 5, 2017
Getting to work on time getting my assignment starting my day.
Be very productive in doing more than one things throughout the day
Very easy to communicate with
Culture varies.
The travelling to get there on time.
Helping people, learning different cultures and having fun with team members.
A fabulous work environment
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  North richlAugust 25, 2017
Truly, I can say my co workers are like my extended family! Very caring and fun to work with. Doctors are more like peers, Nurse manager is very understanding and works the floor like the rest of us
Pros
Free lunches, drinks and snacks
Cons
Days are too short sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division. Our community is ready to answer.