HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division Employee Reviews

Laid back place to work.
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2017
Laid back place to work first 8 years . Change in management changed the atmosphere in a negative way. Due to low case count employes had to use vacation time to get 40 hours. Management implemented new polocies without our in put which ultimately did not work, which was the hardest part knowing the changes would not work.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of cases.
I interned there and have no complaints. Great people to work for.
Internship, medical records (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXOctober 1, 2017
If I had the opportunity to work there I gladly would. My internship there was a very positive experience. I learned so much and have used a lot of the skills I picked up at HCA with my previous employer.
Worked here
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 27, 2017
Worked here at this surgery center, BAD Management ! I had to leave. No help at all, your on your own till your done is a typical work day. Met new friends,was the most I enjoyed about the job.
Pros
friends
Have not worked here
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 26, 2017
Just to clarify, I have never personally worked in an HCA facility. My husband, however , worked at one in SC. Grand Strand Medical Center in Myrtle Beach and we were both pleased with all aspects of HCA.
workplace culture
CST (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 25, 2017
As an agency surgical tech I have worked at several HCA facilities and I love that they are all very similar in the way the surgery centers, OR's, materials and sterile processing are set up. I feel like I am familiar with each place even if it's my first time working there.
Ambulatory surgery billing (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 23, 2017
The people are great to work with. A strong team paying company. Treats the employees like equals.
Management is very patient and believes in sharing all communication about learning with each employee. Treats the employees with respect.
Pros
The employees are treated with respect.
Cons
huirricnes in fl where they are located/
HCA ambulatory Surgery Division
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDSeptember 18, 2017
Go work early. We would recover patients who had gone to the OR for surgery. They would come into PACU we would place them on O2, and do vital signs and check their O2 saturations. We work on helping them wake up. and take care of any problems like if they get nauseated. when they woke up we would get them something to drink and help them to the bathroom. When they were fully awake we would go over discharge instructions with them. A family member would pick them up and we would take them to their car in a wheelchair.
Pros
1/2 hr lunch
Cons
lucky if got a break
HCA has been a wonderful company that I have been employed by for the past 3 years.
Pre-op and PACU RN (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 14, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my work involves interacting with people of various cultures and generations. Each has his/her own story to tell! I believe being organized in the approach of each day makes life easier for all. From there it goes according to scheduled procedures and patient needs. I try to answer each question that arises before going to management. The work culture is diverse in ages and orientations which makes each uniquely enjoyable. I'm struggling to come up with an answer to the hardest part of the job...sometimes making sure you have clearly communicated discharge instructions to someone of a different language can be a challenge.
Pros
Everyone works well together
Cons
Getting all the hours needed
very productive
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendrige Drive Atlanta GASeptember 5, 2017
Getting to work on time getting my assignment starting my day.
Be very productive in doing more than one things throughout the day
Very easy to communicate with
Culture varies.
The travelling to get there on time.
Helping people, learning different cultures and having fun with team members.
A fabulous work environment
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  North richlAugust 25, 2017
Truly, I can say my co workers are like my extended family! Very caring and fun to work with. Doctors are more like peers, Nurse manager is very understanding and works the floor like the rest of us
Pros
Free lunches, drinks and snacks
Cons
Days are too short sometimes
Poor management
Staff OR Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 24, 2017
Over worked, under paid. Too little staff for the amount of work. Needs more staff. Needs a bigger building to hold supplies and equipment. Better pay would hep out.
Busy and productive place
Surgical/OR Tech II (Former Employee) –  Parker, COAugust 23, 2017
Loved working there, when i came there i only knew Ophthalmology and when i left i had so much more experience in others procedures and i realized how much i like to help in surgery and also in Sterile Processing and anywhere else where work have to be done....
Had to take couple month off to concentrate to pass the CST exam
I had an opportunity to come back to Springs and i am here looking for a job near by where i reside
Pros
Veriaty of different fields in surgery
Cons
sometimes No Breaks, because not enough staff
It was a great place to work
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 17, 2017
ASC is a fast paced free standing surgery center. The workplace culture was cohesive and promoted diversity. The best part of the job was the people. There was a very cohesive management team.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Laid back and good management
Senior Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2017
Great work culture and management is always available for staff. There are plenty of opportunities for training and development. Benefits are impressive and hard to beat.
Incredible management and fun work environment
Business Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2017
The staff treat everyone like family. Management has a great open door policy and is very receptive to staff input. There's a lot of opportunity for training and development.
Pros
Plenty of PTO and benefits, Free heath clinic, and Amazing management
Cons
Short lunches and pay is not competitive
Fast paced
Registered Nurse: Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2017
This facility has a high daily census and is a very fast paced care area. Staffing is tight so call offs can create a stressful work environment. I did love my coworkers.
Busy busy busy
Scheduler/Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXAugust 7, 2017
Surgery Center who services the Clear Lake area. Specializes in gastroenterology. Great doctors, great staff, decent benefits, not enough pay for the pace.
Coder
senior coder (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 1, 2017
It was a decent place to work when management is decent. I do not know who is there after all these years but it wasn't that bad when I was there......
Productive, caring, friendly
Nashville - Staff R.N (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 30, 2017
Productive atmosphere, willing to train new nurses in various fields including the Operating Room. Positive attitude of caring for patients. Friendly and wonderful people to work with.
I enjoy the various areas that I work, pre-op, PACU, pre admissions testing.
A feeling that everyone cares about their job, care for patients and each other.
Doctors are enjoyable, cheerful people to work with.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, steady work
Cons
pay low compared to surrounding facilities
Busy
Medical Collector (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 18, 2017
Several doctors and specialist doing same day procedures from preparation from 6:00am - 6:00pm. Handle all collection and f/u work of claims. Daily posting of claims and denials

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division. Our community is ready to answer.