HCA Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 1,014 reviews matching the search
Fantastic Working Enviornment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2017
Team-based IT departments function like little families all building each other to make each other better engineers. The ability to educate while performing work roles to better your own people allows for a company to focus on the important aspects of your job, and these guys and gals excel at it.
Being not supported, when I had encountered safety issues with patient care makes me feel not-heard of my concerns, and less valued as an employee.
Agency RN/per Diem (Former Employee) –  FLSeptember 15, 2017
Work is important and I value how I function everytime I came in and start my shift. I got it! We had sometimes okay nights, and sometimes shifts' workload is crazy.

I could say, working as an agency nurse is not as easy compared to when you work as a regular staff in the unit, especially if there are sentinel event happened, such as falls. I said "not easy" because sometimes we were not given enough chance to explain our side, which makes us feel management is unkind and unreasonable.

It happened to me. My patient fell in the middle of the shift (hit his head and bleeds dramatically since he was on thinners) while i was on the other side of the hallway, managing care for my patient who just got in from surgery.

Although I am sure I addressed and initiated the fall precaution measures in the begining of my shift (bed alarm on,urinal and call light on the bedside, bed low,etc) It appears that I am at fault! The result?! - my contract was cancelled!

What can I say? Were only one person taking care of 5 sometimes 6 patients all at the same time. I think being not heard hurts me as a nurse, and depleted my self esteem at some point, which should not happen, - given enough time (to be heard) and enough consideration, as accidents ,big or small ,happens at work in the hospital, and most of the time, it's beyond our control.
Great work atmosphere
President/Owner (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJSeptember 13, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Getting to know the families and help them with the challenges of care-giving is an amazing feeling. Helping people gain a sense of purpose made everyone feel good. The worst part about the job is when a client dies.
Pros
great management
Cons
filling shift
Large organization with opportunities to move
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 11, 2017
Large organization with opportunities to move. The pay is competitive and is a generally family friendly organization. They can be very flexible with life situations and will support you.
relaxed enviroment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2017
monthly deadlines need to be met with reconciling and reviewing charge off accounts. good benefits and incentives if an employee shows ways to improve work productivity.
HCA was a good environment to work
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2017
I worked under a very good manager at HCA and if an opportunity presented itself and the position was something I wanted to do, I would apply. One of the things I appreciated about HCA was I was played a very important role in the bonuses I earned.
Pros
Ability to earn bonuses for work performed
Cons
I can't recall anything
Great place
Administrative Assistant/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 10, 2017
Doctors great,all 3 site great place to work,care about patients, love the work flow,communication was great,teamwork very good, payscale great,i enjoyed it when it was private,the company merge with Hca now it nice but more business
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too many manager
Good company, but still not progressive enough
Senior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 7, 2017
HCA is a solid company to work for and they offer great salaries as well as an overall positive work environment. However, due to much of the "good ol boy or girl" system at play, advancement, depending on which department you are in, is going to take a while. Their IT&S department is the most progressive because OBVIOUSLY, they have to be in order to remain competative.

Also if you start out as a contractor, it may take you a LONG TIME to convert to a full-time employee.

The parking at corporate campus is horrible. Depending on the department you work in, working from home can be frowned upon especially if you have a manager or upper level management who are of the Baby Boomer generation. Many are not progressive and do not allow a lot of work/life balance.

You will also find people in high level positions, who may be qualified and experts in their field, but horrible and disorganized at management.

They do offer great opportunities to give back and get involved with the community and have a wonderful foundation called the Hope Fund. As an employee you can give to the Hope Fund and in dire times of need or crisis, apply to receive funds back from the fund. It'a amazing!
Pros
Close to activities in downtown, good salary, great health benefits
Cons
Parking on corporate campus, poor management in some departments
Good company and high pressure to collect.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 5, 2017
Great job as long as you make your numbers for collections. Customer calls and Insurance company calls to collect on hospital bill.management constanly on you to make your numbers.
Pros
employee orintentated
Cons
high stress
I worked for HCA twice while living in Nashville
Executive Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 5, 2017
A great place to work all around. Very organized and structured. Stressful at times, but everyone is overworked but not really bothered by it. Everyone helps everyone.
Pros
systematic
Cons
b/c there are so many employees, advancement takes a long time
HCA is a wonderful workplace its vision and values are taken seriously
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Hardest part of the job is triage of the patients . I see patients from the ER to discharge for multiple doctors .
The most difficult part of this job is the coordination of patient needs and staff availability to provide timely and efficacious care.
Pros
work environment and benefits
Cons
length of work day
Project Manager
Project Manager - Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 4, 2017
Contracted position. I worked till contract was over. So I decided to pursue school. I am now looking for a job to work from home. I want to be able to work from home and work in my environment.
Company Culture is excellent
Ambulatory EHR Implementation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 2, 2017
The overall company culture of HCA is excellent. HCA strives to be on of the most ethical companies around. Like any big organization it has it's pros and cons, but overall a great company to work for.
Great work place
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hull StreetSeptember 2, 2017
HCA has great Employees and a well rounded working area. I have had many great learning experiences since I have worked at HCA and hope to have many more.
Stressful
Unit Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 2, 2017
Overworked nurses makes for a stressful day.
Understaffed.
I do like working 3 days off 4.
New manager wants to change things.
Need to ask why so many nurses are leaving.
Pros
Days off
Cons
No breaks
Ok job
Team Clinician (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Ok Job. Pay isn't great. Benefits are minimal. Great director and manager. Hate being hourly. Only hospital I've ever worked for where benefits dont start on day one
Very professsional place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 31, 2017
This was a great opportunity for me. I enjoyed every minute working for HCA. Relaxed environment, great family oriented people. I hope to work for them sometime in the near future.
Pros
Free lunches, free coffee, tea and sometimes snacks.
Good place to be
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXAugust 31, 2017
I enjoyed working for HCA. The leadership team really cares about their staff and the work they do. I am thankful for the opportunities I was provided when I was there.
Pros
Good leadership
Hca
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Hudson, FLAugust 30, 2017
This facility works together as a family to best serve the needs of our patients. The atmosphere and team make each day enjoyable. Being able to serve and care for patients and family members each day is a priviledge
Very old school
PRN Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2017
When I started center manager was very difficult ver old school. New management came in and improved things some. OR director was very fair good to work with. OR side very well run.
Pros
High standard of care.
Cons
some what old school

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.