HCA Corporate Employee Reviews

friendly place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 27, 2016
I enjoyed working with the people there and customers on the phone. I enjoyed the incentives and monthly pot lucks. Great environment
Great
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 20, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company my co-workers were great to work with My job at times was stressful but manageable I really enjoyed it
Great facility to assist the RT's with career advancemnt.
Director of Cardiopulmonary/Sleep (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLSeptember 13, 2016
I had the opportunity to see the RT department grow and be productive to the point we were respected by most everyone in the facility.
I maintained productivity, budget, staffing, and committees and kept all in ranges required.
We had one of the best directors that I have had the privilege to work with and one of the few places there were no silos between departments.
The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain productivity/acuity standards while cutting staff.
The most enjoyable was to know that I made a difference in the RT department reputation, winning awards, etc.
Pros
Making a difference with patients and staff
Cons
Cutting staff and maintaining productivity vs. acuity
secure work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 8, 2016
I just need a new challenge in my life. I don't feel valued by my supervisors.
I don't believe that there's any room for advancement. and I need a better paying job .
Pros
free give aways at the forums
Cons
no promotions
I answered phones for approximately 20-15 physicians on a daily basis.
Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 7, 2016
While at The Frist Clinic, I answered phones and scheduled for several physicians. I learned that in any given situation you have to listen and try to understand what others are going through. I enjoyed working with my co-workers daily and trying to help them accomplish daily tasks so that at the end of the day we could say that we had a great day and were able to work together. The hardest part of the job was having to call patients and reschedule their appointment if something happened and the physician was not able to be there for the day. The most enjoyable part of my job was that at the end of they day I felt like I was able to help other people.
loved the team
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 31, 2016
I worked here for 8 short months on a contract and absolutely loved everyone. They made you feel comfortable all the time and it was a great work environment. I miss everyone so much and working there felt like a family.
Great Medical Center to work for. I loved working with children.
CCT Critical Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 31, 2016
Overall it is the best Children's Hospital. I loved working with children and their families, assisting to their needs. The staff was energetic and fun to work with even under some pretty sad circumstances.
It is a job .
Team Lead/Acting Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 30, 2016
I rather maintain neutral for now. I have no reviews for now. I have been working at HCA for 13 years and I have not been given the opportunity for advancement.
Looks like this company is all about politics. It is not what you know but who you know.
Pros
None.
Cons
always short staffed . They expect for two people do the job of five.
Very busy with each day being unique
Solutions Architect/Division Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 29, 2016
With numerous departments, each with unique lines of business and work flows there is much to support. Constantly changing technology ensures IT&S is always presented with new challenges.
Pros
Nothing is stagnant, unique challenges, IT supporting the care, treatment, and safety of patients
Cons
Heavy workload makes innovation difficult
Going downhill
Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2016
I worked for this company for more than 10 years and before I left I realized how the moral had gone down. We used to have wonderful Spring activities for the employees that allowed us to have 1 full PAID day to spend as an Employee Appreciation. In recent years this has now gone down to the last 4 hours of the day. Then we used to have some really fun Halloween contests that allowed us to dress us and decorate our departments but this too has gone down due to a drop in moral. We used to celebrate Thanksgiving with a really nice catered meal and then weeks later we were given the treat of a Tamale breakfast but in recent years they mashed the 2 Holidays together and I really have no idea why.
I honestly think that the moral went down when we stopped being able to "have fun" in the workplace. Workers were turning on each other for little things and then rules started popping up everywhere on what we are now NOT ALLOWED to do. Also, the Management hasn't gotten any better either. I understand they want someone with a Degree but if they were smart, they would just move someone up that knew the job already, had years of experience IN THIS SAME COMPANY doing the same thing, exceeded and did exceptionally well on the job and got along with their fellow employees. Why pay the money to train a new person coming in with no knowledge at all and expect the people below them to willingly train them for no extra money or incentive?
Pros
The CEO is an exceptional man and it was an honor working for him
Cons
They're listed already above
OK Place
EMERGENCY ROOM REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXAugust 28, 2016
Decently Waged, Mild Work Environment, Management Very Biased, Never a Dull Moment, Scheduling was never consistent
Pros
Work Environment was great
Cons
Favortism in Management
Internship
HIM INTERNSHIP TAMPA COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2016
Everybody was friendly it was a family unity in the HIM department which I really liked. I was able to adapt to the ways of the department everyday and as time went on I was able to feel apart of the team. I also was able to get a close up view on what it is like to be the manager or the director of a medical records department.
Exciting projects and ideas but...
Lead Developer/Architect (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 28, 2016
The CIO of NTX is visionary and energetic. Anyone with passion for technology would enjoy working under her. Enjoyed working under her.
Hca
Net AR (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 27, 2016
Very unorganized and hectic. No sense of direction or ability to maintain full time hours for employee's.The employee's are great and fun to work with however, the higher ups do not make for a conducive work environment
Was not able to advance at this office
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 23, 2016
I requested for 2 1/2 years to transfer to a different position. My co-workers were great. I did not care to sit in one place all day.
great team
RT 3, Therapist, shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 22, 2016
great people, way to liberal state. the management is pretty shady at times and there is high turn over in Nurses. Most of the Nursing areas are strained.
Pros
good people
Cons
weak management
Good Company
Electronic Processing BA (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 17, 2016
I was just a contractor with them, but it seems to be a really good company for which to work. The management teams were nice & it looked as though they provided multiple opportunities for their employees to grow themselves.
nice place to work in every body is friendly
Food services Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAAugust 13, 2016
Every body so nice and willing to help co-workers and management , customers chat with me all the time . every day I learn how to be abetter customer service more, I learn from my director how to be a leader she is the best leader ever .I enjoy working every day with my co-worker my manger my customers.
Ethical
SP&A Clinical Alignment Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 7, 2016
HCA fosters a culture of safety, ethics, and patient-centered care using evidence-based practice, but with market and business strategies that provides longevity and growth in a rapidly changing healthcare industry.
Pros
Culture and opportunities for advancement
Cons
Salaries needs to be more competitive.
Typical day at work
X-ray tech/medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2016
My typical day is a day I clock in and get patient vitals, room them, wait for doctors orders and would do phlebotomy, injections, regular test , i.e. strep, flu test, and x rays if needed. I've learned how to do FIT and PFT test there. I love all my co workers, they are great. Management just needs to get more organized. The hardest part of this job is just the long drive there. The most enjoyable part is helping a patient in need.
Pros
free lunches sometimes and comfortable atmosphere
Cons
salary not really up to par with jobs