HCA Corporate Employee Reviews

workplace
Sr. Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 1, 2017
Take care of IT issues daily over the phone. IT issue that deal with printers to EMR systems.

Mangement is one of the best I had in my work life. Very kind and willing to help

culture in the MTN div. is the best in the whole company

hardest part is having patients with people over the phones

enjoyable is having people thank you for fixing their issue after a long call.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
pay i wish was higher
Physician Services Group
Physician Services Group (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 31, 2017
* Leadership does not care about employees.
* There is no work life balance. Though there is a "work/life balance" team.
* There is a great deal of micromanagement like nothing I have seen.
* Ineffective managers.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Terrible management, micromanagers
All about the bottom line.....money
RN (Current Employee) –  georgiaOctober 27, 2017
There is lack of transparency and honesty from management when change is being made or contemplated. Employee turnover is very high which leads to floors being inadequately staffed with nurses and support personnel. More duties have been added and workload increased but no increase in pay. Internal job openings are sometimes kept secret in order to hire people of preference.
Cons
lack of transparency, low pay, no room for advancement even with appropriate degreee
fast pace learning opportunity
Compliance Analyst - Compliance To Compliance Team (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2017
learned compliance and billing rules
medicare compliance
charge master compliance
opportunity for advancement
large network
multitasking required
interaction with multiple departments
Pros
stock options, good retirement
Cons
high pressure
Hca
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 26, 2017
Great company to work for.
Great employees and great co-workers.
Great benefits and discounts.
Need more job advancements and hourly pay.
Mostly easy work for uneducated individuals
Overpayment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 25, 2017
I enjoyed this job, for the most part, because it involved a lot of math, but my supervisor despised me because I asked too many questions. I asked for the most difficult account because my father taught me to take on challenging work. If I hadn't done that, I'd probably still be working there. I got Blue Cross/Blue Shield, which was completely incomprehensible to me. This resulted in all the questions, which my supervisor probably didn't have time to answer so she shunned me. Other than that, I loved the job.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
I took on more than I could handle
was employer for 17 years then was laid off
Discrepancy Analyst Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 25, 2017
I generally enjoyed working there but after 17 years of hard work and dedication I was laid off. Other than that I loved working there, but towards the end, was extremely stressful and they wanted to cut jobs.
Pros
location
Cons
healthcare cost too much, got laid off after 17 years
the most enjoyable part of the job are the people
Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 24, 2017
The people that I work with and around are great. There are several people through out the corporate campus that have been here for years. We have a great preventative for program for our equipment and HVAC.
Pros
everything is wonderful
Cons
not really anything
I do not appreciate management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2017
I did not appreciate the management I found at HCA. They do not have a true fair system. There's is a system of fair on appearance, but lacks real due process, or a system they fully understand.
Good energy and environment to work in
EEG Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 20, 2017
Employees are friendly and work load is fair. Most patients aren't too bad to deal with but you have some who are just plain rude but that happens everywhere
independent worker
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLOctober 19, 2017
self starter, independent, team work, great benefits, great vacation package,nice staff, open to train for other postions. learned different types programs.
Pros
always work to do
Cons
break only 30 mins
Flexible to an extent but low pay
Senior Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 18, 2017
Work from home is great and flexible. Everything is always needed yesterday causing deadlines to always be missed. They say salary is average but it's not. Benefits dont really contribute all that much as a single person.
Love it
Accounts Payable Specialist (Medical) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2017
HCA was a great places to work people helped other people the boss was so sweet and so good to us I would have work there for ever but I could not it was a temp job
Hca it&s
Technical Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 15, 2017
HCA is an excellent company to work for in IT&S as there is over 160 hospitals & surgery centers throughout the US & UK so there are always open positions due to attrition. The pay is competitive in addition to good benefits and $5,000 per year of education reimbursement.
Pros
Competitive salaries & benefits, and strong upward mobility career paths in IT&S
Cons
I personally can't think of any real cons and I've been with the company for over six years
Hca is horrible!!
Former RN (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 14, 2017
This is a dangerous company to work for !!! They have absolutely no respect for their nursig staff whatsoever!!! This company only cares about the profits they make !! The turnover is pretty bad !! The acuity for the nurses is very unsafe!!!
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Having to work 12 hrs
Staff are willing to go the extra mile
Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2017
Fun place to work with all the events and employee participation activities everyone greets you with a smile. Turn around of the nursing staff makes it difficult at times. Not enough feedback from upper management on job performance.
Pros
free drinks on friday
Cons
turn around of staff
Material handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  SAN ANTONIO TEXASOctober 14, 2017
• Material Handler
• Operating Power Equipment (Fork Lifts, Pallet Jacks, Stock picker, Riding Pallet Jack)
• Loading/Unloading Trailers
• Utilized RF
Cost effective care
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Osceola, FLOctober 13, 2017
Early mornings w/ boots on the ground. Making sure all healthcare staff had the supplies they needed for cost effective healthcare.

New software

Easy going

Competitive

The resistant to change

Providing the departments/hospital with the supplies they needed to care for our community.
Pros
Great organization to work for - great benefits
Cons
Local staff unwilling to change
Productive and fun work place
Research Correspondent Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 12, 2017
Responsible for research and resolution of accounts, which included collections, billing, adjustment, problems, and gather information to direct to proper departments within facility.
Pros
Alot of fun activity to break up the stress
Stressful
Pre-Registration/Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2017
I was laid off. It was OK over there but not as good as Nix Healthcare System. It was stressful since they did not allow overtime in situations.The work itself was simple but the amount of time was not. The amount of time did not match the workload. If overtime had been authorized which it was when I was new, it would have been great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.