HCA Corporate Employee Reviews

n/a
Patient Account Services Registrar (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMay 23, 2017
Work and life was the hardest depending on hours and shifts. Management and Directors are always different. Depends on staffing if it will challenge/benefit you.
If you are a white man, GO FOR IT!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 22, 2017
If you are a white man, a good ole boy, GO FOR IT!
You will be in good company. Be sure to vote red or you will be on the outside looking in. Great place if you can keep your nose tip polished. If you are a woman, raise your skirt tail for a peek from the dirty ol' geezers. Grin and bear it and make your way to the top, under the glass ceiling. Woman, remember your place...behind the men. Ol' white guys....lead on on, slap each other on the back, laugh at the pain of those you give a 25 cent raise on a miniature post-it note as you slide it across the table and say, "congratulations on your raise."
Great environment
Emergency Department Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 19, 2017
Great place to work for meeting stron people
Great team work. Used to be able to learn different applications and being able to either traveling to location where the classes was thought out or take them on line. But later on that change
Pros
Team work
Cons
Stopped offering education
Blah
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2017
Could be a great place to work if management would address issues, not sweep them under a rug. Very toxic environment , work should be a safe place but this is not.
Pros
Health Benifits
Great on paper
Marketing and Communications (Current Employee) –  Corporate Marketing and Communications DepartmentMay 17, 2017
At the corporate level (Nashville), the HCA culture is great on paper but not practiced by lower management at all. The retention rate in the corporate marketing department is incredibly low, which doesn't make sense given that the pay and benefits here are incredible, UNTIL you realize that anyone not at the director level or above doesn't seem to matter. Such a shame. Hopefully they can change the culture and get their act together before they lose too many great people to recover.
Pros
Benefits and pay are exceptional
Cons
Opportunity for advancement is minimal to none
Work Life Balance
Physician Services (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 17, 2017
HCA is a great place to work. Good environment, good management and nice employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is that HCA cares a lot about their employees so we have a lot of employee engagement events and parties. The hardest part is advancement for me.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Na
Professional and Fun loving
Full Stack Developer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 15, 2017
A typical day at work goes with team work for developing web application which ends a happy note as there is a fun loving and productive team. The workplace culture is excellent enough to achieve the targets set.
Productive workplace
Director of Women's Services (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXMay 13, 2017
Most enjoyable part of my job is educating and building my staff. Hardest part is balancing staffing. The culture is uplifting and team oriented. Sr Leadership is very approachable and goal oriented. I have learned to include staff in decision making to improve buy in for change. A typical workday includes running the day to day operations of the unit, budget, payroll, staffing, policies, patient satisfaction, education and physician relations.
Productive and lots of technical things to learn .
Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Franklin,TNMay 8, 2017
learned a lot working here since 12/2015 . I have been introduced to new vendor who develops interfaces to be able to suit HCA needs . The vendor's name is Infor (Previously lawson financials) . Work place culture has been great . The hardest part of the job is to learn about lawson interfaces and testing related to that.
Pros
Learned new technologies
Cons
it has been little bit challenging to learn lawson ERP systems.
A normal day at work
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  noOrange Park, FLMay 5, 2017
Was a good company to work for but not enough overhead for workload, my department needed a lot more professionalism. We had a lot of activities outside the company as well as inside the company that was ggod for morale
Pros
Hadmassage chair, lot of activities
Cons
Not enough employees forn the workload
Great organization
Director of Hospital Operations (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, VAMay 1, 2017
As the largest healthcare company in the world you have opportunities galore. If willing to relocate you can promote yourself indefinitely. Must have Masters degree or better to advance in Administration.
Busy environment, nice place to work, good people
Medical Coding and Billing (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 28, 2017
I felt respected and enjoyed working in the clinic atmosphere. I like working remote now but the new management leaves a lot to be desired. I do not see it improving anytime soon. I do not believe there is a place for me any longer at HCA.
productive and fun work place
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 23, 2017
environment is great. coworkers are helpful and fun to work with. '
typical day I answer any where from 30 -50 calls. level one tech support . great benefits .
Pros
hour lunch, Pto
Cons
N/a
Great place to learn and increase knowledge and abilities.
RN Staff Nurse ER / ICU (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLApril 22, 2017
The 12 to 14 hour fast pace shifts used knowledge acquired throughout my career. It increased my ability to work under pressure with staff and doctors. It was stressful but rewarding the payoff was to improve and educate patients lives. I enjoyed recognize in critical situations and saving lives.
Pros
Helping others in critical situations.
Cons
60 to 80 hour work weeks.
Local Access management Consultant
IT SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2017
I love my job here but management has changed few times over 4 years and recent leadership is difficult to comply with.Issues with getting PTO or response on questions or concerns
Pros
Great team
Cons
Awefule management
Ehhh
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 14, 2017
No one appreciates you, it is terrible to not hear good things about your performance it is always what you dont do good enough! They just keep expecting expecting
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Sweatshop, you never heard anything good!!
rewarding experience
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 13, 2017
meet new people, fast-paced with down time, learn new things about handling insurance, management is great, it is overall a great place to work, just need more hours
Pros
patient interaction
Cons
hours are being cut
Not a good experience with this company
Performance Improvement Coordinator/RI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2017
Worked over a year with company and transferred into a new position towards the latter part of my time there. Did not receive adequate training during probationary period, and asked for help several times without concerns being addressed. Was pregnant at the time, in the new position and was conveniently relieved of duties after putting in requested time earned for maternity. No consideration was taken of my situation at the time and did not receive the maternity time I've earned. Managers and department leads do not communicate well with staff or address issues well. Morale was low in both departments I worked in...coworkers were great, but were uncomfortable speaking with management about concerns.
Pros
Good comradery among coworkers
Cons
Management issues, communication, no staff support, unorganized at the last facility
Great vision, poor management
Emergency Room Admitting Clerk and Registration (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 11, 2017
The management within HCA is horrible. They have a double standard and the pay is HORRIBLE. The vision for the corporation is great, but it lacks due poor management. You work a 12 hour shift and only get a half hour break. Many shifts are worked short staffed which means you don't always get a lunch break if you're busy. The insurance is high and it doesn't cover much. For a family of 4 I pay almost $400 a pay period.
Provide all around customer service with clients and coworker
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2017
Enjoy working with this Company also, very good management. All around Customer Service Provided, great benefits, work well with other employee. Receptionist / Clerk position enjoy learning different state laws.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.