HCA Corporate Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work rewarding, exciting, every day was something new to learn.
IT Tech II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 7, 2016
A typical day when I arrive for work was to get informed about the shift before to let me know what problems or issues that happen and what was done to resolve them and or to follow up on them. Each day I learned something new with each problem that came along and how to fix it. Management was the best I couldn't of ask for a better boss he was understanding and always had a open door policy so we could talk about anything work or personal. The hardest part of my job sometimes was not enough help when things got difficult and required more then one person to be there answering phones and resolving the issue. Most enjoyable was the satisfaction of doing my job and resolving the problems quickly.
Pros
Night shift off during the days
Cons
Short breaks sometimes
What I know forsure.
Medic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2016
I have learned to be calm, not judge, and treat everyone as though they are a family member. The gift I have to help someone on there worst day is truly a gift.
Leadership
Health Information Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 5, 2016
Way too much favoritism. Little opportunity for growth when the leadership team are best friends outside of the job.

After the move to the share services model, fantastic employees were demoted as the "friends" of the leadership team were placed into managerial roles. Some of these employees had no HIM experience.
Cons
Leadership
work from home available
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 4, 2016
these are typical back office job with opportunity to work from home in the collections, appeals, underpays and logging departments.
Very productive and fun to work with team mates
Senior Data Tech (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 27, 2016
Working the help desk could generate as many as 50-60 work orders.

Learn how to communicate with customers I served, repairing PC and servers.

Supervisor was best person I've ever worked for and learn a lot about PC and server repairs and upgrades.

Repairing servers that have fallen off the network and getting back in service as soon as possible.

Co-workers were fun to work with and when it was time to be secures about the job we pulled together as a team to complete the project.

Everyone one could joke around with each other and not take it personal.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks and payed time off.
Cons
Keeping customers you serve happy
Productive and fun work environment
INSURANCE VERIFCATION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 23, 2016
A typical day of work is clearly evaluated by myself. I head to my desk, think of my daily objective, and reach them efficiently. I have the privilege to gain continuous knowledge about healthcare and insurance, thanks to my area of work and great management. The most enjoyable part of my job is being given the opportunity to learn from mistakes.
No Work/Life Balance
Physician Services (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TnMarch 21, 2016
Typical day was to maintain the general ledger and speak with the clinics when needed. I learned a great deal about healthcare accounting while an employee with HCAPS. The management was decent, but could be difficult during stressful periods of the month. The hardest part of the job, when I worked there, was working two weekends a month. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Christmas and YE parties given by the company.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Work/Life baance not there
Outsourced Medical Accounts Payables
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 16, 2016
Great company, fast paced and a good place to learn Accounts Payables. I trained new hires, distributed workflow, worked aging reports and reconciliations.
Pros
A great place to learn
Cons
No room for advancement
Productivity driven environment, Flex hours
Discrepancy Analyst Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 12, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is that the employees have a voice and are taken very seriously.
The hardest part is the frequent changing of management that were not chosen from within and those managers are given the authority to change the department process without the full knowledge of knowing that department functions.
I do admit that HCA does offer a great training program with the opportunity to grow.
Pros
Employee appreciation days
Cons
Pay and benefits
very productive and sometimes fun place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 12, 2016
A typical work day at my job is long hours and non stop walking all day. I definitely learned the definition of hard work and taking pride in what I do. Management is great and are really cool down to earth people that you can talk too about anything but its always room for improvement. My co-workers are a great group of people very hard working and I'm proud to be apart of their team. The hardest part of my job is the extremely long days and working on the holidays, but the free lunch is very enjoyable.
Pros
free lunch and job security
Unpredictable
PCT/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 11, 2016
Job started out great but high rate turn over, and ratio of Patient Care Tech 1 to 36, company just updated system to perform PCT duty, great benefits only if full-time, at end of year census low and hours could vary.
Pros
n/a
Cons
under paid, short staffing, high turnovver
Excellent work environment for entry level positions
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 1, 2016
I have learnt the importance of working as a team in order to get the work done and respecting deadlines. Management did a good job to remind us about the vision of the company as whole and that made us aware of what we need to do to attain the vision. We had free lunches plus different activities for one week, once a year, during employee appreciation week.It is a great company for entry level position.
Pros
We had free lunches for one week once a year, employee appreciation week.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 25, 2016
I liked working for HCA. I left for medical reasons. My mother became ill and I was her caregiver. I left my position at HCA to care for my terminally ill mother.
has growing pains
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2016
not a mature division lacks structure. Very little leadership support. Growing rapidly but without direction. Very hectic work environment, employees not engaged don't trust leadership
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unrealistic timelines
Productive and fun workplace.
Sr. Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 23, 2016
Dynamic and diverse environment. Growing fast with some growing pains. Loved the experience. Smart people who understand. Great mission and it really is respected and brought up all the time, it drives the projects.
Loving co workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Some days were slow and some days were steady. I learned how to do different test that I have never done before. I loved the manager she was very kind and loving. My co-workers were easy going know how to have a good time but also take there job very serious. The hardest part of the job was the slow days not knowing what I was aloud to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being around people who are very caring and love there job as much as I did.
Pros
Real close to home
Cons
It was only temporary
Very professional, caring staff. Great group of people to work with
Medical Coder/Biller (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 17, 2016
Very caring environment. Staff is completely professional. I have developed many friendships and mentors here and would recommend it to anyone.
Heavy work load very demanding
Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 16, 2016
I was a very stressfull enviroment to work with, being in the position as supervisor I was expected to be on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The upper managment was not supportive in assisting with helping to reduce work load demand.
Pros
good pay
Cons
crazy work enviorment
Small fish in large ponds
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2016
This is a typical corporate outfit. If you work extremely long hours (60+), you will be part of the in-crowd. They do not give favors to people who are only willing to be that dependable 40hr/week employee. You must be productive at all times, be compatible with all management, be willing to take orders without question, and deal with very low pay for many years before being promoted to a managerial position which pays fairly well, but, never allows you to leave the office for more than a few hours a day. May the force be with you.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Low pay for many years
HCA is a great place to work
Training Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 11, 2016
I love working with my coworkers and this all trickles down from the great management provided by our supervisors. I've learned a lot about myself and where I fit/ what I can provide within such a big company. I look forward to continuing a career within this company or others similar to this environment.
Pros
Expenses are taken care of and great management
Cons
Contract work