HCA Corporate Employee Reviews

High turn over in management since I have worked there. Salary is awful and no room to advance with in the company.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 5, 2016
Great coworkers, poor management, hight turn over, salary and compensation are terrible. No room to grow within the company. Long term staff have left due to several bad reasons.
Great Place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Shared Service CenterNovember 2, 2016
Great Great place to work however Not enough money.
Great benefits
Fun
safe
Been with the company 11 years still wanna stay i just need more money.
Great staff
Worst Job Ever
Cancer Registrar (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 31, 2016
I worked here and did an amazing job for 7 months in a position which needed a certification. They gave me a 10 cent raise after I passed my boards and acted like they were doing me a favor.

I exceeded all expectations of even a seasoned employee but management was far too obtuse to know it. Their quarterly hospital gatherings were all about how they could change the perception of being so inadequate in the public eye.

This was the only place I ever worked where everyone in the city had a horror story about how terrible the patient care was. Employees with 20 years experience broke down in tears after the horrible treatment when needing to use earned sick days/PTO...they have a convoluted criteria for how you can use the benefits for which you work, and when I left they cheated me out of $700 of my own money which I had saved in my 401k.

Its hard to believe that an employer would treat its people like that let alone get away with.

But they do.
Pros
They were none...
Cons
Pay, respect, environment, locale, benefits.
Great Place to Work
Health Information Management Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2016
Would recommend HCA to any healthcare specialists. Company has facilities in many cities and there is room for advancement. Salaries are also great with yearly salary reviews during performance evaluations.
productive learning environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2016
Great learning environment! Love the staff. High turnover rate and can be demanding at times. My co-workers and I get along great! Good teamwork and management is great!
Great place to work.
RN Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 24, 2016
I enjoy working in the hospital and HCA provides many opportunities that will fit into your life. I enjoy my job and I enjoy the staff that I work with. They are very supportive.
Great place to work!
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 18, 2016
Staff and management are great! Teamwork is one of the things that makes this facility a great place to work! Will definitely recommend HCA
Very large company with endless resources
Regional Director Performance Improvement (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 16, 2016
HCA employs many highly talented individuals who contribute to the best practices that have been deployed throughout HCA facilities nation wide. These individuals are very educated and work hard. Management tends to work very long hours without additional incentive.
Pros
Many talented front line individuals to include in one's professional network.
Cons
Very political with many layers of management that are disconnected.
Fun workplace
Unit Secretary Oncology Med/Surg (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNOctober 15, 2016
Very nice place to work.if I weren't moving back to Michigan I would stay there til I retired. Everybody is nice so is the work atmosphere . The doctors are very knowledgeable and very friendly. Easy to approach and ask questions.
Wonderful company to work for
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 13, 2016
I really enjoyed working there as a file clerk and was sad that it was a temporary job . The employees I worked with were so nice too.
Leader in excellence and customer service.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 11, 2016
I review my caseload, review new patient history to get a needs idea. I visit all my new patients, assess for needs, inquire about preferences. I visit my established patients. I ensure they have received the requested or required services to assure they have a successful experience. I assure every patient meets or exceeds their expectations of their stay. I review utilization for needs for continuation of care. I assure every discharged patient receives the services I have requested for them.
Pros
Strive for customer satisfaction. They bake cookies for patients daily.
Cons
Not enough assistance at times to handle high patient volume.
always being drilled about reducing costs to improve profits
Director of Development (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 30, 2016
Scary hospital with very old equipment. Much thought is given to remodeling and not touching certain walls to not have to bring care up to today's standards. I worried that I could be admitted some day.
Pros
close by
Cons
pushing the profits
EEOC issues
Coding Manager/ HIM Director (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 29, 2016
Health benefits at this company are not available (no health insurance coverage) for the first three (3) months. HCA and Parallon are self insured. The problem is that in 2015 several health care employees used their health insurance for things like minor outpatient surgery, pregnancy and were promptly terminated as 'at will.' If you want to keep your job at Parrallon or HCA you need to have outside health insurance with a spouse or just not use your health insurance. Pregnancy or a disability will result in job loss in the HIM field. (I had an excellent 6 th month job review, but than I went to the doctor -gone in 2 weeks). Both the immediate Director and CFO involved in termination no longer work there either but I cannot be rehired due to health history
Pros
Great benefits if you do not have a medical condition
Cons
Big fail for EEOC employer
friendly place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 27, 2016
I enjoyed working with the people there and customers on the phone. I enjoyed the incentives and monthly pot lucks. Great environment
Organization for data driven executives
Executive (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 22, 2016
Must be able to utilize data to make decisions. Large focus on patient care, quality and safety. Strong metrics available to use. Good overall systems of care.
Great
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 20, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company my co-workers were great to work with My job at times was stressful but manageable I really enjoyed it
Great facility to assist the RT's with career advancemnt.
Director of Cardiopulmonary/Sleep (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLSeptember 13, 2016
I had the opportunity to see the RT department grow and be productive to the point we were respected by most everyone in the facility.
I maintained productivity, budget, staffing, and committees and kept all in ranges required.
We had one of the best directors that I have had the privilege to work with and one of the few places there were no silos between departments.
The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain productivity/acuity standards while cutting staff.
The most enjoyable was to know that I made a difference in the RT department reputation, winning awards, etc.
Pros
Making a difference with patients and staff
Cons
Cutting staff and maintaining productivity vs. acuity
secure work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 8, 2016
I just need a new challenge in my life. I don't feel valued by my supervisors.
I don't believe that there's any room for advancement. and I need a better paying job .
Pros
free give aways at the forums
Cons
no promotions
I answered phones for approximately 20-15 physicians on a daily basis.
Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 7, 2016
While at The Frist Clinic, I answered phones and scheduled for several physicians. I learned that in any given situation you have to listen and try to understand what others are going through. I enjoyed working with my co-workers daily and trying to help them accomplish daily tasks so that at the end of the day we could say that we had a great day and were able to work together. The hardest part of the job was having to call patients and reschedule their appointment if something happened and the physician was not able to be there for the day. The most enjoyable part of my job was that at the end of they day I felt like I was able to help other people.
loved the team
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 31, 2016
I worked here for 8 short months on a contract and absolutely loved everyone. They made you feel comfortable all the time and it was a great work environment. I miss everyone so much and working there felt like a family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.