HCA Corporate Employee Reviews

Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 27, 2016
Very attentive supervisor. Benefits great. I was very disappointed when transcription services outsource to another company. Workload was fairly stable.
Coolest Place to work
ETL Architect (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TennesseeDecember 26, 2016
1. Coolest Place to work.
2. You will get a more opportunity expose your skills.
3. No hard dead-line deliverable.
4. Good managements.
5. you may get more opportunity work with end users
Pros
Good environment to exposure your knowledge
Cons
N/a
Hated it
Senior Medicare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 16, 2016
They closed several locations; therefore , I lost faith in this company after working with the organization for over 6 years.
Enjoyed working there.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 15, 2016
Took pride in arriving to work on time,Once you go to work had to refill medication carts for the nurses.learned alot about time management,alway go above and beyound when helping your customers because the are your number one concern.
Incredible Organization
Clinical Change Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 13, 2016
HCA is the premier corporation to work for in the Nashville area and truly a leader in the Healthcare industry. This organization has unlimited growth and truly invests in its employees and communities.
Awesome
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 12, 2016
Great place to work. Good people to work with. Easiest job I've worked in my life. The worst thing about the job is that you work 365days a year. Never closed but its a great place to work
Hace Healthcare
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kaysville, UTDecember 9, 2016
Great company to work for! I would strongly recommend this company to someone who is looking for an office job in Accounting/Purchasing.
great job
Managed Care/Worker Comp Collections Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2016
Awesome place to work. The work atmosphere was great management kept employees informed and abreast of update on the company growth and upcommings.
Great Culture, great community, great facility
Tech Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 7, 2016
This is a great facility to work for. The entire support department makes you feel engaged and involved with every aspect.
Lack of training will be your downfall
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 7, 2016
It is in my experience that the lack of training will be your downfall. The manager that is tasked with obtaining new talent also is the person who is in charge of training new talent.

Ultimately, the lack of engagement when opportunities for improment arise along with an overworked trainer that is tasked and stretched thin.
Great company Very Poor Management
Senior Accountant / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNDecember 6, 2016
The Management team within HCA Physician Services group are very small minded and do not like change. They have established a "Mean Girl" type culture in which if they don't like you, they vindictively pick with you. In addition, they do not have a good work life balance. You have to use PTO time to take off on vacation days that the company has already allotted you.
Pros
Flex schedule work 9 hour days and off a day every other work.
Stay away as an employee and esp as a patient
Charge (Former Employee) –  PlanoDecember 6, 2016
Many,many layers of out of touch and out of practice "leadership"- with no regard to staff caregivers or their patients, who are putting their lives and safety in the hands of this Corporation. Leaders at this Corporation are not of high quality which leads to even worse quality beneath them. This is a terrifying fact for unknowing people coming to this corporation for healthcare!!! They preach one thing and practice the opposite. As a healthcare provider, I am mainly urging patients to understand this business which is not looking out for your best interest and safety!! Buyer beware , your life could depend on it!!
Cons
corporation /business/ no concern for patient care
What can I say about HCA
Consultant Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 6, 2016
Honestly for such a large company and being in healthcare the benefits are terrible and all are tied to their Hospitals so if you don't live close to one you are out of network
Pros
Stable
Benefits
review summary
Charge nurse/Nurse leader (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 5, 2016
My position at HCA was rewarding . I had the opportunity to help patients when they were in unfamiliar situations by explaining and teaching basic health care enabling them to meet their health care goals .
The unit I worked on ran like a well oiled machine occasionally needing a few adjustments but the team I worked with were always willing to come together and come up with solutions that would get the machine running smoothly again.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working together with the team to meet the patients health care needs and to educate the patients to follow up on their appointments and to take medications as prescribed by their doctor to help prevent readmissions .
Pros
team approach assignment based on accuity
Cons
delivery of medications needed
Fun and productive place to work
Laundry Technician (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 1, 2016
Very productive job loved the environment good hours nice job to be at if you are looking for a long time position at a warehousing company good choice
great group of nurse educators
Clinical educator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 23, 2016
I have been working here for a year now and I have had a positive experience overall. The pros include a very collegial environment supportive, creative people. The cons have been instability in the higher management and division; so far its not affected me adversely or directly but have observed it occurring and caused me to question my jobs stability. That said, I have benefitted financially, creatively and felt supported by my direct management team. I can't give it 5 stars because I would reserve that for a company like google or apple where innovation and work life balance are truly stellar. That may be reaching pretty high but, hey isn't that what stars are about?
Opportunity to learn how hospitals extend their care for patients, after they have been released from the hospital.
Supervisor, Team Lead, Trainer and Patient Care (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 22, 2016
Great way to learn about patient care once they have been released. Employees are able to work together to ensure the patients are connected to the physicians office for their follow up appointments.
Pros
Small group of employees which drives and builds work relationships
Cons
30 minutes for lunch
Hca
Medical Billing/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2016
When I was there the people were friendly. There isnt a lot of room for career advancement, which is one of the reasons I left.
Okay place to work
Insurance Notification Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 21, 2016
Same as before, the opportunities could be a little better. The overall experience and knowledge I great. The work is not hard at all
Great company to work for.
Care Assure Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2016
People and atmosphere are pleasant to work around. Flexible hours and great benefits. Managers/Directors are approachable. Opportunities for continued education.
Pros
flexible
Cons
room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.