HCA MidWest Health Employee Reviews

Depressing workplace with very poor customer service standards
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 9, 2018
HCA doesn't care about its patients.

Workpace was often overstressed, and occasionally utterly dead.
Work itself was often degrading and unsympathetic towards patients.
Was provided CPR classes and not much else in way of training.
Management are far too concerned with image.
They should instead focus on helping keep people alive and healthy. They act like a profit-obsessed investment company.
The hardest part of the job is when people die.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to go home.
Pros
The hospital kitchen is alright.
Cons
Too many to list.
Primary Care Office
RN- Telemetry, Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 8, 2018
Primary care physicians see anywhere from 20-50 patients a day. Nurses are supported by nursing assistants. The small offices create a family-like atmosphere for employees and patients.
Pros
Frequently catered lunches
Top Employer
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 31, 2017
HCA is expanding and growing to meet the community needs, they try to stay at the top of the top 10 hospitals. Excellent Trauma, Maternity and NICU care for the community. Top doctors, surgeons and nurses with a commitment to excellence.
Pros
Professional Care
Cons
Stressful
Terrible management
Nutritional Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  KcmoDecember 29, 2017
Rude ghetto unorganized. They are in serious need of a state bust down. Someone needs to step in and take over before its to late. Its not clean .they have bugs . employees are terrible. No teamwork what so ever. If you are not a personal friend or someone's family your the enemy and a target. A lot of gossip and betrayal. Favoritism with bosses and employees only certain rules apply to certain ones.
Fun environemnt
Employee Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 5, 2017
Had a great time working with the management and employees. Everyone is extremely welcoming and friendly. I would love to continue to be part of Menorah and work as Nurse Practitioner if they have an opening.
Not Recommended
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2017
I can't speak for HCA MidWest Health as a whole, I can only speak about the hospital of theirs that I worked at, Research Medical Center. The floor I worked on was always understaffed, which made for an extremely stressful & unhappy environment for the employees, as well as the patients daily. I was so happy when I found another position elsewhere & was able to leave this postion AND this place behind.
difficult to be fair
CLINICAL DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2017
My job was not understood by management. There was 3 managers during the 5 years I worked there. None knew what all my job entailed. At the beginning there was no corporate support, the division leader was remote
Large hospital with many opportunities for career growth
Critical Care RN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64132December 3, 2017
This is a busy hospital with many specialized areas. The three ICU units allow for specialized training allowing for expert patient care. They have an excellent program to educate new graduate nurses about caring for the critical care patient.
Overall good place
Surgical Technologist II/First Assist (Former Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 28, 2017
The staff is nice staff. The surgeons are nice. Decent place to work.

I don't appreciate being forced to leave a review. I don't have anything more to say about this facility and I think it is ridiculous to be made to do so
Laid back
PBX Operator (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Belton, MONovember 18, 2017
Laid back place to work, but some times to boring... Not enough hours for PRN. and no benefits. NO advancements in that department either. Supervisor was really cool.
Great stepping stone
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  KansasNovember 16, 2017
Great learning environment. I did find that opportunities were limited. Pay was average, benefits average. Management was caring and encouraged growth.
Good teaching facility to learn in
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 7, 2017
It is a good place to learn, but not great for career employment. The compensation is lower than its competitors, they run their proprietary healthcare system like a corporation.
Lung View Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 5, 2017
The culture is excellent. Great work and life balance. Needs more chance for advancement for non RN's. All clinical and office experience and graduate degree should to be considered, not just those with a RN degree.
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
Good people but Hospital is closing down, moving way out in Kansas
Night Float for Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 28, 2017
The Hospital employees were dedicated . They knew it was closing down, so many look for work elsewhere often putting an extra load on those of us that stayed. I was proud of how well they did this.
Pros
I got to use much of my various skillls
Cons
Hospital closing
Staff to patient ratios.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 26, 2017
Staff to patient ratios are dangerous and patient assignments are dangerous. Management teams work hard for their floors but a lot of the trouble seems to be out of their hands. Incentives to work extra shifts are not worth the extra day of work. This is a unionized hospital and if you choose to decline union membership I was told I would be fired within 30 days. The union has done little to help or support the nurses. You will get a lot of experience working with various cultures and patient populations. This hospital provides a lot of unique procedures and care you may not get to see anywhere else in the metro area.
PBX/Operator (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 20, 2017
I am blessed to have a supervisor and director that did everything they could to better the work place. Administration looked out for the employees and provided a enjoyable job place.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Horrible Management
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 19, 2017
Horrible Management! I worked night shift for the differential and it was still horrible pay.
HCA is the lowest paid for phlebotomy.
For the night shift we did the morning rounds and if you were not done with them you would get penalized for it. We did the ER, Traumas, ICU and all the floors so on top of what we had to do there was just not enough help.
Pros
Cons
Pay was horrible and Management was too.
Good company
Pharmacy Technician/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 14, 2017
Very nice nurses and Doctors. Enjoyed working with most of my coworkers in the pharmacy but some of them did not respect others. My director at the time did not seem to care about the issues.
A Horrible Experience!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 14, 2017
It should be a BIG RED FLAG that HCA hospitals are ALWAYS hiring and ALWAYS giving away bonuses. Save yourself the trouble and just walk away from this one. You'll be sorry if you don't. Nursing is a hard job and we are supposed to support each other instead of back-stabbing and attacking our co-workers. I have never before encountered such a horrible culture in the workplace. The benefits and pay are great, but they are not worth the daily attacks from pit-vipers you will experience on the floor!
Pros
None!
Cons
Horrible nursing culture, biased management, very high turnover.
Workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 12, 2017
HCA is a very mighty company. This company has many locations nationwide. Along with hospitals, they have cancer centers, urgent cares and physicians offices.
Pros
Multiple locations nationwide
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA MidWest Health. Our community is ready to answer.