HCA MidWest Health Employee Reviews

Most enjoyable part of the job!
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 11, 2018
Are the people I work with and the families we serve. Some of our families are there for months, so you really get to know them and what they are going through. They become part of the extended family for many years after.
Pros
My work family.
Cons
The company appears to care more about the bottom line then the people that work for it.
I enjoy working for HCA
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 6, 2018
I have worked at HCA Midwest Division since 2007. I enjoy working for HCA. I have wonderful coworkers and managers. The company is expanding and looking to the future in their endeavors.
Telemetry
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 6, 2018
HCA is an excellent healthcare company to work for. Telemetry is very faced paced and the staffing is not adequate enough for me to provide the care that I want to. I need to be working in an environment where I have a better "pulse" on my patient care.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Staffing
The atmosphere at work has devolved drastically
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 4, 2018
Our manager is incompetent and making catastrophic mistakes. We cannot report him because every time someone dares report his actions they're reprimanded and some have even been fired. We are extremely short handed as a result, we often don't get meal breaks, I mean no breaks at all, nothing tho eat for the entire shift. Manager sends threatening text messages daily regarding staffing. We're living in a state of emergency.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Our physical and mental health is at stake. Were being abused
Staff to patient ratios
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 1, 2018
Over worked and under paid and staffed. Loved the staff that I worked with and grew together as a team, most have left now or moved on to bigger and better things.
fun respectful hardworking work environment
Supply Planner (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 29, 2018
HCA is ab great place to work at the people there are so helpful an nice to everyone. I went out my way for those guys because the way i seen that they where really good people.
Pros
Group meetings
Cons
pop machine didnt have orange crush
Fast pace
Fill in as need as staff x-ray technologist (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 24, 2018
Great place to work... People are friendly...Even tech to patient ratio...Offer benefits, but low pay scale for experience. offers a variety work. great work ethics
Pros
great work ethics
Cons
pay
Great work experience
Patient Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 21, 2018
I was employed through the full employment council temporarily. I gained a lot of valuable work experience while working as the patient information assistant.
For profit not patient care
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MOJanuary 19, 2018
Terrible! HCA is a for profit. Short staffed but want good patient satisfaction. Can't have both. Run! Never hated nursing more than this. Cried a Lot of nights.
Pros
Job
Cons
Wanna wreck car so you dont have to go
Hard workers
unit secretary/monitor tech/patient care tech (Current Employee) –  Belton, MOJanuary 12, 2018
Pct's work hard on a daily basis, but the pay sucks. We only get employee of the month if nominated there's no other reward. I love working for hca, but some changes truly need to be made.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Pay sucks
Depressing workplace with very poor customer service standards
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 9, 2018
HCA doesn't care about its patients.

Workpace was often overstressed, and occasionally utterly dead.
Work itself was often degrading and unsympathetic towards patients.
Was provided CPR classes and not much else in way of training.
Management are far too concerned with image.
They should instead focus on helping keep people alive and healthy. They act like a profit-obsessed investment company.
The hardest part of the job is when people die.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to go home.
Pros
The hospital kitchen is alright.
Cons
Too many to list.
Primary Care Office
RN- Telemetry, Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 8, 2018
Primary care physicians see anywhere from 20-50 patients a day. Nurses are supported by nursing assistants. The small offices create a family-like atmosphere for employees and patients.
Pros
Frequently catered lunches
Top Employer
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 31, 2017
HCA is expanding and growing to meet the community needs, they try to stay at the top of the top 10 hospitals. Excellent Trauma, Maternity and NICU care for the community. Top doctors, surgeons and nurses with a commitment to excellence.
Pros
Professional Care
Cons
Stressful
Terrible management
Nutritional Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  KcmoDecember 29, 2017
Rude ghetto unorganized. They are in serious need of a state bust down. Someone needs to step in and take over before its to late. Its not clean .they have bugs . employees are terrible. No teamwork what so ever. If you are not a personal friend or someone's family your the enemy and a target. A lot of gossip and betrayal. Favoritism with bosses and employees only certain rules apply to certain ones.
Fun environemnt
Employee Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 5, 2017
Had a great time working with the management and employees. Everyone is extremely welcoming and friendly. I would love to continue to be part of Menorah and work as Nurse Practitioner if they have an opening.
Not Recommended
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2017
I can't speak for HCA MidWest Health as a whole, I can only speak about the hospital of theirs that I worked at, Research Medical Center. The floor I worked on was always understaffed, which made for an extremely stressful & unhappy environment for the employees, as well as the patients daily. I was so happy when I found another position elsewhere & was able to leave this postion AND this place behind.
difficult to be fair
CLINICAL DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2017
My job was not understood by management. There was 3 managers during the 5 years I worked there. None knew what all my job entailed. At the beginning there was no corporate support, the division leader was remote
Large hospital with many opportunities for career growth
Critical Care RN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64132December 3, 2017
This is a busy hospital with many specialized areas. The three ICU units allow for specialized training allowing for expert patient care. They have an excellent program to educate new graduate nurses about caring for the critical care patient.
Overall good place
Surgical Technologist II/First Assist (Former Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 28, 2017
The staff is nice staff. The surgeons are nice. Decent place to work.

I don't appreciate being forced to leave a review. I don't have anything more to say about this facility and I think it is ridiculous to be made to do so
Laid back
PBX Operator (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Belton, MONovember 18, 2017
Laid back place to work, but some times to boring... Not enough hours for PRN. and no benefits. NO advancements in that department either. Supervisor was really cool.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA MidWest Health. Our community is ready to answer.