HCA Physician Services Group Employee Reviews

Extremely poor management
Ultrasound Tech (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 27, 2017
I loved my actual job but my manager was hardly ever in our office, never gave me a 3 month review and never acted on my many requests for additional training or certification incentives. His answer was always, "I'll check with HR and get back to you." Never did he answer my questions. I was never written up, never had complaints presented and was terminated for an incident that I was totally unaware of. After an inquiry with HR (which was VERY difficult to make contact with), I still did not get closure to my termination. Something felt fishy with management and the Dr involved with "the incident" text me that HCA will never spend any real money on any of us. My patients were great and my days were fulfilling. It was just not the best environment for someone who wants to grow in a position.
Pros
The patients, the schedule
Cons
Poor management, confusing chain of command, lack of communication with some doctors.
Amazing place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 23, 2017
Everyone is friendly and its a big team that loves people and their jobs. Team work is a big part and the management is wonderful. Everyone's voice is heard and appreciated. Sometimes stressful but that comes with working in health.
Pros
Free lunches
A lot of drama
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 18, 2017
I would say that there was a lot of drama where I worked. Co workers always talking behind each others back. There wasn't a team atmosphere, some people did more than others and if you had to cover for another nurse or MA there was only a few that would. Sometimes we were asked to float to different sections of the clinic, again only 1 or 2 floated. Managment have their "pets". For the amount of work you do, pay is lacking for an MA. You rarely had to worry about lunch, drug reps pretty much supplied them.
Pros
Free lunches, busy
Cons
Drama, little pay, management favors people
Beware of condition of staff, lots of sickness here
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 12, 2017
The job role was great and if the staff had been well and working together the business would have been successful. Too much sickness and it was spreading. Staff sick at work and Doctors too. Avoid them.
Pros
patients were as ussual very kind
Cons
Managements and staff very sick
Loved my co workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2017
Management is a joke, If you had a grievance they leave it in the hands of your manager which will do nothing to help resolve your issue. They do not pay medical assistants enough, You do a endless amount of work with very little pay, you can make more at a grocery store. No raises however the people that I worked with kept me sane.
Pros
Great friendships
Cons
Over worked, little Pay, no respect.
Excellent Division leadership support
Director of Quality (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 8, 2017
The South Atlantic Division leadership was supportive and encouraging. There was great communication and ongoing focus for all Quality Initiatives that encouraged the care and improvement of human life.
Busy practice
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GANovember 24, 2017
Very busy practice. Long days, learned a lot. Great employee's and fun patient base. Just was not a good fit for me, so I did stay for a very long time.
Pros
Free lunches
Very organized
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 21, 2017
Organized and well managed. But I hope they would of been willing to work with school schedule. They were all very nice and willing to teach and provide help.
Awesome Job
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 18, 2017
Awesome company and manager to work for. Just needed the advancement. I would recommend anyone to apply with this company. I really enjoyed the staff there.
Pros
Great Hours and Staff
Cons
No advancement
the vacation time
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 18, 2017
We had to use pto in order to cover holiday, Management is too busy to fix small issues. The company as a whole is strong because the relationships you build with others, and maybe also because of the cost of living.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no time off to handle personal business, using pto for holidays
great place
Referral and Front Office Coordinator - (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WANovember 2, 2017
Huge Company that felt like a family run business. Company cared for their patients and employees the same. It was a very positive work place to be apart of.
Productive and busy workplace
Internist (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 31, 2017
The four various offices I worked at in the surrounding San Bernardino area, all had good working environments. It was a pleasure to go to work everyday. The office staff and co-workers are true professionals.
Pros
Good patient/doctor relationships
Hca
Designated Institutional Official (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 10, 2017
HCA is a great company to work for especially if you are looking for advancement and movement. With several hospitals all over the USA it is reasonable to transfer and transition to other opportunities.
Beautiful views of the water
PRN RN Clinical Staff (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 4, 2017
A typical day starts with making sure we have all the information we need in the charts for the day. Once the patients start arriving, it's pretty much constantly moving from one room and one patient to another, until the last one is finished. The average day goes anywhere from 9-10 hours. The clinical manager is very upbeat.
Cons
The clinic is only taking patients one day a week.
Too many chefs in the kitchen not enough spices for a meal
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Summerfield, FLOctober 3, 2017
Majority of employees are the Lead of something and have been appointed to their job without proper training or merit. The pay for managing a very active office is less than meek.
very stressful
full-time medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 2, 2017
I worked for this company for 4.5 years. The employees are friendly and easy to get along with. I did feel that there was a lack of support from the management and the company could have done more to compensate it's employees for their work.
productive and fun
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 28, 2017
A typical day at Q.M.A is productive and fun. I take my clients out everyday on an outing. Everyday I learn something new. The hardest part of the job was dealing with their behavior. Q.M.A has great management.
busy
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 27, 2017
Patient are wonderful. I love working close to the provider and patients.
Taking vitals
Giving injections
Answer medical questions
Getting Authorizations

I enjoy interacting with patient and their families.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no being heard
Location and drive
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 23, 2017
Location and drive is out of my way,looking for something closer to home. Also looking for more opportunity in advancement, more compensation going forward.
Doctor's Office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 22, 2017
This facility used to have a group of doctors: cardiologists, pulmonologist, and infectious diseases doctors and cared for many patients. This facility is no longer in operation.
Pros
Great atmosphere and co-workers
Cons
It was bought out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Physician Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.