HCA West Florida Division Employee Reviews

great place to work
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Englewood, FLJanuary 10, 2018
my boss is wonderful, great environment to work, hours are great. management is great. been there over a year with no complaints.
hours a great when having a small child. they work around my hours for me.
Ping
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 4, 2018
Good place to work but really poor management need to be worked on if they really plan to keep people or would want people to grow with them. That's really only problem
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managment
Very engaging
Environmental Services Director (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLDecember 18, 2017
HCA gave me the opportunity to touch a patients life in multiple areas. I had various additional roles during my time there which always made the job interesting. It was really enjoyable.
horrible work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLNovember 27, 2017
Staff was not helpful to new employees. Seemed threatened by new staff members. Not enough guidance and education. Used new employees to blame for their own negligence. Very clicky..Not welcoming..Set up for failure not to succeed..Very disappointing experience
Pros
12 hours
Cons
everything
Great Union
RN (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 14, 2017
As part of the union agreement. The staffing is more fair and the pay increases are better. New managers on most floors also help with morale. The CNO is hard core, but will be fair.
Quality department rocks
Sepsis Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLOctober 16, 2017
I worked with great people in the quality department. The role was demanding and unfortunately there was no backup for me when taking time off. There were plans to train someone as backup, but that did not happen
CHS improved the structure of the company when they acquired HCA
Manager (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLOctober 14, 2017
Many employees felt that their remarks on surveys were not heard.
During summer months there was discontent when hours were reduced and during season the workload could be overwhelming. There was a gap in bringing on new hires to accommodate the busy times.
Benefits
Cons
Under-qualified staff
Run for your life
Former member (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLOctober 13, 2017
I worked for this helll hole for 12 years, the past year was the worst ever, they have horrible upper and middle management. The company keeps taking and taking till you have nothing left, the new Coo has a Napoleon complex and so does the director of plant operations, You are threaten with your job, on a daily basis, Evs director is just as bad if not worse. THIS WAS ONCE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. Now it has gotten so bad that I need Xanax to walk through the doors. Do yourself a favor, and stay away from HCA. Management is trained to walk all over you, you are nothing but a number to them. Everyone is afraid for their job, No one is safe.
Pros
Cons
Absolute nothing
Fawcett
Registered Nurse-Med Surg (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FL 33952October 10, 2017
The nurses are severely understaffed. Acuity was never measured and you would feel like your drowning in excess work. Only good thing about working there was all the experience I got.
Challenging, rewarding, family feel
Registered Nurse / Relief Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 6, 2017
Working for HCA has been one of the best opportunities I have had. There is a dedicated caring family feel among the staff. There are plenty of opportunities for advancing your career. Staff is treated with respect, and the job is very rewarding.
Totally unorganized and a stressful environment due to Managment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 1, 2017
The staff here in the operating room are absolutely wonderful we are are all a great team and work very well together however management within the operating room is absolutely horrible.
Busy Place to work
Director of Lab and Co-Ethics Officer (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 1, 2017
This position was a very busy and challenging place to work. Was responsible for all lab functions in a 200 + bed hospital. Reported to a regional director as well as hospital leadership.
Great Place to work and grow
Registered Nurse Telemetry/Med-Surg (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLSeptember 30, 2017
Oak Hill is a great hospital to start your nursing career at. wonderful team work, with great opportunities for advancement. For those that like to work overtime it is readily available.
Fast paced,
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 10, 2017
High stress levels with six to seven patients per nurse, great teaching hospitals, all employees are wonderful and helpful. The Doctors are respectful and the managers are great to work for.
Pros
free holiday meals
Cons
they will fire you for anything
Productive and Supportive environment
Director of Quality Management (Current Employee) –  Englewood, FLApril 13, 2015
Englewood Community Hospital is an absolutely unique and amazing place to work. As a 15 year employee, I have been nurtured, encouraged, and supported by this organization. Employees are continually encouraged to develop their careers via formal or continuing education and learning experiences. ECH has a family atmosphere where employees are supported and cared for by their coworkers and leaders. Additionally, staff are encouraged to work creatively and provide input on opportunities they see. Above all, the focus of the work at ECH is always on the patient and how we can all work together to provide the best care possible. Englewood Community Hospital is truly an exceptional organization in which to work.
Happy Med/Surg Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Englewood FlMarch 18, 2015
I have been working at Englewood Community Hospital since November 2014 and have really enjoyed my experience so far. I started working as a STARN (residency program for new graduate’s nurses) and received excellent training. I believe the STARN program provided me with the foundations and critical thinking skills needed to be a confident nurse. The training involved classroom experience as well as training with a preceptor. I believe the training prepared me adequately, however, I was offered additional time with my preceptor if I required.

All the staff members from the respiratory therapist to the CEO of the hospital are friendly and make you feel at home. I feel all the staff members at the hospital take the initiative to really help everyone be successful. For example just the other day, we unexpectedly had multiple admissions and required additional help. Staff members from other departments stepped in and helped out -- the administration team came by and helped answer call lights and individuals from the lab department came by and helped patients who required assistance with feeding!

Prior to working in Englewood I lived near Orlando and was initially nervous about moving to a smaller community. After moving to Englewood, I realized the town is surrounded by many bigger cities. Not only is the community very friendly and diverse, the commute to the hospital is very short. There are also a many nice beaches in the surrounding area!

You spend a significant number of hours at work and it is important to choose a place where you feel your voice is being heard. The
  more... management is proactive in taking feedback and suggestions from the nursing staff. I also found my preceptor to be a fantastic role model and she listened and gave advice to any questions or concerns I had. The management works with you to provide flexibility for scheduling and hours. I am happy with my decision to work at Englewood Community Hospital and feel I have the opportunity to grow here.  less
Very nice place to work or volunteer
Volunteer- Filing clerk (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg,FLSeptember 4, 2014
Escort patients to the nurse or to the other patients room. Answer the telephone when needed. Call back to see if the patients relatives can go back to see them.
I've learn that everyone needs help one way or another and you need conpassion for others.
The management is great and understanding with all matters.
The co-workers are helpful and friendly.
The hardest part is seeing so many young and old alike getting treated..
The most enjoyable part is that in my own way I feel I made a difference in someones live and that makes me feel good.
Pros
free lunches and volunteer when you want to. I don't dislike the hospital or the job.
wonderful people, place to work
Registrar - Outpatient, ER (Current Employee) –  Englewood flAugust 27, 2014
Favorite place to work, not enough hours to provide full time,
love the people, opportunity, training.
Truly enjoyable atmosphere.
Cardiovascular sonography extern (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 30, 2014
Everyone at this facility is incredibly supportive of each other and kind. The way the staff and even different departments pull together in order to help patients is remarkable. Management is extremely caring about the staff and helping even pertaining to personal situations. If the opportunity arose for employment here I strongly encourage accepting the opportunity.
I very much enjoyed working here
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLApril 29, 2014
The Rehab team was great, the facility was great and the management was exceptional. I was able to maintain experience with acute, subacute, and outpatient settings. I got to work with a variety of ages and different type of diagnoses. I was able to work with a large variety of modalities and equipment to include a KinCom machine.
Pros
Compesation and Benefits, Full gym equipment, great staff
Cons
Some difficulty maintaining hours in the summer months

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA West Florida Division. Our community is ready to answer.