HCA Employee Reviews in United States

Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 21, 2016
Very nice place to work for, all the days were the same as in routine. Everybody was nice and were great teachers. Hardest part of the job was at the beginning learning all the details, but I came into it and enjoyed it after I learned.
My first real employer
Physician Liaison/ (Former Employee) –  HoustonMay 17, 2016
This company gave me my first chance in a hospital setting. They were very family oriented and worked well with their employees. Both the locations I worked at have closed down sadly.
Pros
Good family
Cons
Closes
Allows for opportunities of growth and movement within the company
Director of Cardiac Cath (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 14, 2016
Every day in a hospital is different. Some days are more challenging than others. One may plan their day out but emergencies happen and being flexible is a necessity, as well as thinking outside the box in order to ensure everyone is taken care of. Although there are unforeseen challenges at times, over all at the end of the day when a plan comes together and everyone has been taken care of it is very rewarding.
Hca
LVN (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 11, 2016
Up to date on all current technology and offers training for all. Education assistance, advancement available. Good working hours. Secure work environment.
Pros
Work from Home
Love working in this department
Sr. Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed working in this dept. I enjoyed interacting with the patients. Seeing a smile on their face made me so happy. I bent over backwards for them. I enjoyed working with my doctors (5) and also helped at other co workers desk when they were out. I enjoyed working with my coworkers. The only reason i left because i had plans to relocate to stay with my daughter.
Pros
Interacting with the patients
Cons
no cons
It was ok
Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 3, 2016
You do get to travel often if you enjoy that. I felt the atmosphere was very catty and I had one supervisor who was a complete jerk and would try to get you in trouble for things that didn't really happen or that he told you to do.
Professional enviroment.
Payment Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  8101 Sam Houston ParkwayMay 3, 2016
Started working as a collection Specialist and a hired transferred to Posting. The company promotes moving up within the company.
great benefits
cna (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2016
huddle, start with vs, bath change feed 12noon vs chart adls
i&o report any changes to R.n. wa5tch camera for pt safety, stock supplies make rounds every hour , to give comford to pt talk with them .work well with co workers the end of the day making somec one whos scared laugh and relax giving hugs out to pts that seem to need it or family members who need a little understanding
Pros
good care for my pts
Cons
having time to break
Hca
RN- Transplant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 28, 2016
HCA has the mission of committing to the improvement of healthcare to their patients and the community. The strongly believe in their ICARE values.
It's all about the health for the people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 27, 2016
HCA is a company that believe and demonstrate their mission, value and goals. I am honor that I had the opportunity to work with a group of dedicated employees that gave their best on every assignment for the good of each person health.
Great Community Hospital with Caring and friendly staff
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Hills, CAApril 21, 2016
A typical day at work consists of a morning huddle with the staff updating them with the latest changes and news with the organization. I learned what a positive environment can do to radiate to staff and patients. My fellow members of leadership are dedicated hard working people who care deeply about their patients and organization. My fellow managers and directors are inspiring to keep the movement going to reach organizational goals. The hardest part of the job is seeing people not want to participate in a positive mind set for success. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with a diverse group of people focused on what is best for our patients and organization.
Pros
The Staff
Cons
Small Cafeteria
Productive workplace that was patient oriented
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 16, 2016
Wonderful coworkers but not a lot of room for advancement. They give great training and education for the job to be completed to their guidelines.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Lack of advancement, communicaion
Productive hospital for the general public in low demographic area.
rn (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLApril 13, 2016
I enjoyed working at CFH. The hospital was very good to me during my time there. My areas were well supplied and the hospital gave me opportunity for education at no cost. My co-workers were also enjoyable. The hardest part of my job on a daily basis was finding time for meals.I expect this is a problem with every nurse in every hospital.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
short to no breaks
Wonderful company to work with
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 11, 2016
I can only say wonderful things about this company and the people that are in the corporate office are approachable and are motivational to their employees.
nice people BUT....
ER Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 11, 2016
Advancement is completely based on who you know as opposed to experience or qualifications. This place is full of upper level managers with no education to support their healthy salaries. Promoting from within isn't a part of company culture. LinkedIn even supports the idea to maximize earnings from this company, it pays to go work for the area competition awhile then come back. 401k for all employees. Employee stock purchase option is nice. Diversity is horrid. Systems and processes need an overhaul. Very money driven. Work here for experience, but jump ship as soon as possible. Unethical culture.
Pros
employee benefits
Cons
culture of nepotism
Nice Place to Work
Medicare/RR Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 11, 2016
Typical job was completing Medicare and Railroad Medicare forms. The people were so nice. Management was great. This is one job I wish I had never left.
Pros
Great Employees
management are liars
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 11, 2016
would not go back to that company they did me dirt want to find complaint with NAACP. I approved the CEO that they let go. It was great at one time.
Fun place to work rewarding, exciting, every day was something new to learn.
IT Tech II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 7, 2016
A typical day when I arrive for work was to get informed about the shift before to let me know what problems or issues that happen and what was done to resolve them and or to follow up on them. Each day I learned something new with each problem that came along and how to fix it. Management was the best I couldn't of ask for a better boss he was understanding and always had a open door policy so we could talk about anything work or personal. The hardest part of my job sometimes was not enough help when things got difficult and required more then one person to be there answering phones and resolving the issue. Most enjoyable was the satisfaction of doing my job and resolving the problems quickly.
Pros
Night shift off during the days
Cons
Short breaks sometimes
What I know forsure.
Medic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2016
I have learned to be calm, not judge, and treat everyone as though they are a family member. The gift I have to help someone on there worst day is truly a gift.
Leadership
Health Information Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 5, 2016
Way too much favoritism. Little opportunity for growth when the leadership team are best friends outside of the job.

After the move to the share services model, fantastic employees were demoted as the "friends" of the leadership team were placed into managerial roles. Some of these employees had no HIM experience.
Cons
Leadership