HCA Employee Reviews

HCA Physician Services /PSG
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 3, 2016
This is not a place to work if you don't want to work several jobs just to get by the pay is horrible. The management is terrible. Going to work in Accounts Payable is more like going to daycare.
Cons
A productive place to work and volunteer in the community
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day at work is assisting the end-user community, going to meetings, installing new software, testing, completing project tasks in a timely manner, and being on-call.
Pros
I have the opportunity to build good relationships with my clients.
Cons
Not enough people in my immediate group
Sr Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 2, 2016
Gained lot of knowledge while working in the project and my team mates are very supportive.
The work culture in the office is so challenging and inserting.
a for profit hospital that's WAY under staffed!
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 1, 2016
I worked for HCA for almost 3 years, and watched them take advantage of their employees by understaffing all departments, enforcing mandatory overtime/call schedules, and updating job descriptions to encompass unrelated titles (ie blending medical staff & clerical staff). Their benefits are horrible, and often employees are asked to "flex out" without pay to avoid layoffs.
Never again!
Cons
lousy benefits, made to flex out without pay, under staffed & medical staff required to do clerical work (no clerical staff)
a typical day on KRMC
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2016
One typical day on KRMC is supervising confused patient or a baker acted patient and help them with ADLS. a 12 hours of each shift is good.
I love my Job
RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
HCA is a great company to be a part of. Since day one I could feel that I was a part of a family. I love the people I work with and I feel comfortable learning and asking questions. My management team has always sought to help me and make me as comfortable as possible.
Horrible Place for Employment
MA (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJanuary 26, 2016
HCA pays terrible, only a 2% raise a year (.20 cents). Nearly impossible to get a raise if you were to be promoted to a better position. Terrible benefits. If someone is unable to learn their part of their job they will push those duties on you with no expectation of the co-worker learning their job. TERRIBLE! Whatever you do, do not work for this place!
Great learning environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Great place to continue to grow and learn. Friendly people, fair schedules and encourages continued education. I enjoy working there because I am constantly challenged and able to use my skills and education to care for my patients.
All About the Bottom Line
clinical (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 22, 2016
When I got hired on with this company, I was grossly misinformed. I felt as though the manager misled me into accepting the position. When I brought up the concern of needing to work 40/hrs a week since I was the only working member of my family, the hiring manager told me that getting hours in is not a problem at their facility. My first week on the job I barely made 30hrs for the week. The second week I worked all half days and was sent home early so I worked a total of 20hrs. Come to find out, there is no limit as to how often they can send you home if the facility is not filling up their surgical schedule. My orientation at the facility lasted 4 days and those are not even full 8 hour days. Had I known this, there was no way I would have taken this job. They don't care if you can support your family or afford to pay their high health insurance cost, they only care that they are making a profit. You are basically at their beck and call. They will send you home early one day, have you come in late and stay late another and make you work an 11 hours shift the next day and not have to pay you over time because you didn't go over 40hrs for the week. To me, this is taking advantage of employees. I have never worked at a place that would not compensate you for working more than your scheduled shift. When I brought this to my manager's attention, she said everyone is getting shorted on their hours, yet I know other employees in my same job got their 40hrs a week. Being the new girl, I feel there is definitely some favoritism and unfair treatment. Needless to say, I  more... am looking for another employer. HCA should invest as much in their employees as they do in acquiring more facilities.  less
Pros
Doctors and some fellow employees easy to work with
Cons
Having shift shorted often and high healthcare insurance cost
Excellent
Flow process coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 22, 2016
Great employer, good benefits, great environment. Not much room for advancement unless you are a registered nurse, IT, or have executive experience.

Want to know more about HCA?

Ask a question
My experience at HCA has been very rewarding.
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 18, 2016
The benefits of working at HCA have been wonderful. I love how I am able to build up PTO time so fast as well as being able to take time off when needed. I love working with patients too. The relationships you build with them after they have come to the clinic so often is invaluable. I am only leaving because of our household moving.
Cons
NONE.
Community Service
Staff RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 14, 2016
I appreciate the wonderful community service this company provides by their positive interaction and relationship they maintain with various post discharge options for the patients.
I have heard this place being called a career killer
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJanuary 8, 2016
Sweat shop mentality by management. Zero trust of skills and competency. Would be a great place to work if the management was replaced.
Pros
co workers and staff
Cons
management treats you like a child
I love HCA!
Practice Manager II, Gynecology Specialist of Utah (Current Employee) –  Brigham City, UTJanuary 6, 2016
I love HCA and feel so blessed to be able to work for such an ethical company who stands and supports their staff in making the right decision. Patients come first, and so do their employees. I am so happy that I made the switch to HCA Mountainstar Healthcare.
Pros
Autonomy, creativity and an awesome manager who helps me be my best every day.
Great relaxing environment
Executive Housekeeper/Laborer (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEJanuary 2, 2016
Working around history all day. Learning and sharing history will guest. Working will great co-workers in a natural environment. Enjoying the smile and satisfaction on guest face.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Working over hours constantly and not being compansated
Good employer
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 29, 2015
Very busy family practice office. I enjoyed getting to know my patients. I worked with wonderful providers who were happy to share their knowledge.
Pros
Free lunches
Great workplace
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 28, 2015
HCA is a wonderful place to work. The benefits are exceptional and I have been very pleased with the job opportunities within the company.
nice people
surgical technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLDecember 15, 2015
Working in the OR was one of the top worst places I've worked. Management was all bout rush, rush and not patient care. You were lucky to get a lunch break in your 12 hr shift. Been a Tech for over 10yrs and the PRN salary was very degrading to accept. Thank God I wasn't their long and something better came up. I also interviewed for a full time position at the surgery center behind the hospital and the nurse mgt was bad mouthing the staff and doctors. This was very unprofessional. I work presently at a surgery center for $6.00 more and am very happy. Good luck working for Palm West.Co-workers and doctors were very nice.
Pros
reconize great work.
hospital
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLDecember 10, 2015
General hospital with er and icu provide a community service with doctors in house 24/7. I have been both a nurse and patient in the facility and choose to work there
Pros
close to home
Cons
parking
Bad place to work
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 8, 2015
Management only want bodies at work. Do not care about employee's just want bodies at work. Have to put in 30 day notice to be off one day, not a family friendly environment, micromanage and a very high turn over that department.
Cons
low pay and very stressful