HCA

HCA Employer Reviews

Pay is consistent but not competitive
Outpatient Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Midlothian, VAMarch 28, 2015
If you're looking for job security, this is a great company to work for.

Management is supportive.

Pay is consistent but not competitive. You do receive quarterly bonuses which is great but if you want more in your check, it will suit you to look around at other business and corporations.

Hardest part of the job is..I guess it depends on what kind of person you are. Personally, I don't like to do the very same thing every day. I like a little bit of challenge and I can appreciate change. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the patients of course.
fun place to work good place to work
patinet registration (Current Employee), Beckley, WVMarch 28, 2015
Pros: free luch
Cons: some days can be 14 hrs long
i would get there at work and be ready to registrar patients and check them in schedule them for surgery and blood work i have done medical billing and coding love that job the hardest part of job is losing patients and not seeing them again the best part of the day is meeting new people and helping them out when never you, can
front office specialist
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMarch 26, 2015
Greeted patients, checked vital signs, and charted patient's information into electronic medical records (EMR) Updated 121 compliance forms, and administered immunizations. Assist with exams and care of exam rooms.
JFK is great
Wound Care RN JFK Wound Management/Pre-admit (Current Employee), Atlantis, FLMarch 19, 2015
JFK is a great place to work, they have plenty of programs for employees and always doing activities to boost moral. The hospital is a family friendly environment.
Non productive workplace, not everyone is held to do their jobs.
Refund Specialist (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNMarch 12, 2015
Teams are not all on the same page, favoritism, unprofessional management.
All co-worker are not treated the same.
the most enjoyable part of the job is doing something I love refunds.
Great Corporation to work for.
Controller (Former Employee), Coral ReefMarch 12, 2015
Back then was a very good management. Great benefits. Awesome ambiance. Hectic but challenging. Learned their system which is complex. The co-worker became family.
Great company
Director of Telemetry & Central Telemetry (Former Employee), Margate, FLMarch 11, 2015
HCA is an excellent company. They have advancement opportunities if one desires and are committed to quality care. HCA is innovative and company which strives to be a leader in health care.
Good
Transcriptionist Vendor Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 9, 2015
Decent job but the pay isn't up to local living costs. Benefits are great. You only get 30 minutes for lunch but working from home is awesome.
Productive, loving, and fun environment where we work as a team.
Medical office specialist (Former Employee), Midlothian, VAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: free lunch from drug reps
Cons: long hours
My day at work consist of being very busy from beginning of shift until end of day. I learned the value of patience when dealing with demanding and rude patients. The management were very helpful and always stepping in to help when needed. My coworkers were team players and would help out in other parts of the office where they were asked to help out in. The hardest part of my job was trying to schedule demanding patients in appointments where there were no more availabe, and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and building a bond with the patients.
Excellent Environment
Team Lead Unit Secretary IV/ED (Current Employee), Thornton, COFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: the emergency room atmosphere can be very exhilarating.
Cons: the hardest part is losing a life.
Excellent place to work with great team members. I have learned a great deal over the past three years. I have had the opportunity to facilitate the opening and growing of two additional emergency rooms, although both are off the main campus, these facilities are attached to our main campus. I have come to understand both the clinical and administrative aspects of health care through education, my current position, and by getting involved in matters that help the organization to thrive.
do not work here
Medical Collection (Current Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: not many
Cons: management
These people micromanage EVERYTHING you do, to the point of making it impossible to do your job.Pay is low yet they demand lots and lots of work. No paid holidays...your holidays come out of your earned pto. and the Medical benefits suck!
great work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLFebruary 26, 2015
I love this company! I have been very happy here since I started. I'm very excited about the fact that they are in 20 different states and that I could transfer if i wanted to.
Best Place I have Ever Worked
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great work environment
HCA Medical City is the best company I have ever worked for. The environment is more like a family. Employees are treated with dignity & respect, regardless of their position.

Being the Administrative Assistant in IT&S, I was given the autonomy to be able to find the best way to do my job & to help others. I learned that treating others with respect & dignity goes a long way towards a productive work environment. My co-workers were wonderful people with whom I formed good relationships. The hardest part of my job was being laid off. I did not want to leave. The most enjoyable part of my job was the ability to get to know people all over the hospital.
Constant profesional growth
Medical Assistant/Xray Tech (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free classes, free lunch
Very warm and professional environment. Amazing team. Learning and growing opportunities are constantly available.
Great managers and co-workers. Although stressful at times, I enjoyed working for the company.
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: quarterly incentive
Cons: no room for growth unless you transfer to a different department.
A typical day at work was contacting insurance companies for payment on medical claims. Productivity and quality of work was the bases of the work. I learned medical terms and advanced customer service. Management had an open door policy, if you had a question, management was willing to answer immediately.
Co-workers were great to work with. The was nothing hard about the job, however, productivity became stressful at times because numbers had to be met. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new procedures.
Excellent Company HCA
Physician Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Austin TexasFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches. we get to eat at the physician's diner.
Receive calls from physicians and their office staff with access issues. Sometimes we have to troubleshoot issues with them trying to log on to our web site. The calls are also related to having to install Citrix or map their printers to able to print from our network EMR system and other applications we support.
Great place to work!
Purchasing Agent/Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Largo, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: team work, ensuring physicians have all the supplies and medical necessities
Cons: not enough pay.
A day at work consist of confirming orders that I have placed the day before, confirming pricing with A/P and getting invoices paid. Dealing with several sells reps on getting product into 15 facilities.
My co-workers are great.
Getting back ordered product in to the faclities.
The most enjoyable is the people I work with and leaving the day knowing I have helped meet patient needs .
Batch Analyst
Batch Analyst (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 19, 2015
I interacted with a lot of physicians and hospitals, but everyone was very helpful and friendly. I learned how to make sure claims were paid correctly and the right amount of money was correct. The manager was very helpful and she knew her job and was always willing to help. I knew ICD-9 and CPT codes prior to working there so that made my job much easier.
Fun and educational.
Manage Care Discrepancy Analyst (Former Employee), Norcross, Ga.February 17, 2015
Pros: accomodating and flexible work hours.
HCA is a private healthcare company that manages hospital accounts. The management team is supportive and flexible with work hours. An enjoyable aspect of the job is the constant learning of new tools that not only equip employees with knowledge, but opportunities for advancement. The management team and employees really capture the spirit of team work by accomplishing projects and reaching deadlines as a team. The shared responsibility among the team makes the job less arduous.
Great place to work!
Director of Business Development (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Everyone is so friendly and willing to help. ER wait times have significantly decreased. New physician groups have really helped quality of care.

1 2 3 4 5

About HCA

About HCA HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) operates more than 160 acute care, psychiatric, and rehabilitation hospitals – Read more

HCA Salaries