HCA

Excellent company Hospital corporation of America
Dependable,
job security
Great benefits
Good training and learning sight
Ok place to work
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR/INVENTORY ANALYST (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 19, 2015
Very busy warehouse which was great but management was not in tune with the employees. Co-workers were great. The hardest part about the job was trying to get all the work done in a day. The best part about the job was how fast pace the warehouse was.
parrolon
Pre-Registration/Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 19, 2015
loved working with them for the short time I was there. lots of training and pocedures. Lots of opportunity to move up in the company
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee), Orange Park, FLJune 12, 2015
I was a medical office specialist for HCA for a little over a year. The company has great health benefits,clear H.R. policies and gives you room to grow by clearly outlining whats required of you as an employee in order to get to your next employment/career goal.
Productive and a great work environment!
Xerox IT support (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2015
Pros: Being my own boss
Cons: Nothing
Daily it was my responsibility to make sure over 120 Xerox machines were maintained and reliable with providing excellent customer service.
I've learned a lot working side by side with IT and I found a new passion for it.
The hardest part of the job was the best and most enjoyable part of the job, and that was configuring and trouble-shooting problems and issues to make the customer happy.
Greatly enjoyed working for the key people at HCA.
Regional Maganer (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 8, 2015
HCA is a progressive company to work for. Management provided support and the tools necessary to do your job. I felt we were provided with frequent communication updates regarding the direction of our division.
Practice Manager including but not limited to the daily operations of the practice.
Practice Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 2, 2015
Great co-workers and extensive job related education. Wonderful ability to advance within the organization if you brand yourself accordingly. Unable to have sufficient job work/life balance. HR department still developing and compensation could be more competitive.
A very high stressful production environment.
PAS/Collection Specialist (Current Employee), Norcross, GAMay 31, 2015
This company is a very high stressful production environment to work in company with very poor management. They do not pay employees for federal holiday time off unless you have PTO time for coverage. The turnover rate is very high.
I enjoyed my ECO pass to ride the train to and from work daily, meeting new people along the way.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COMay 28, 2015
Pros: education
Cons: breaks
I enjoyed my working relationships/friendships at HCA. HCA is is on top of health care intiatives concerning quality patient care,safety, compassion, show and presentation by incorporating AIDET, Studer, SBAR, audits, quality management, involvement in excellent employee relationships. HCA provided excellent employee benefits and cared about their employees. I was able to continue my education there and maintain CEU's on annual basis by using paid days, tuition reimbursement and incentives to maintain my credentials/annual professional recognition, they welcomed employee solutions to problem solving including cost saving measures,which contributed to increased patient satisfaction, employee recognition.I believe they incorporated new technologies, evidence based practices, and maintained professionalism. I enjoyed my patients/families most of all their personalities to their own personal story, and complicated diseases, we all learned from each other. I liked advocating for my patient/families for better outcomes/comfort. The hardest part was having to say good-bye to my patients.
NIce PLace
ETL/ Informatica Developer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 27, 2015
Nice place to work, manager was very friendly. I definitely recommend you to apply. Very good team members and used to go out for team lunch etc.
Fast
Underpayments Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio,. TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: Treats employees great
I review accounts for underpayments by insurance. I send reconsideration letters with supporting documentation of the underpayment
Productive and Evolving workplace
RN-Supervisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits are great!
Cons: hours of business need keep me away from my family time
HCA has a great job culture in the office. The call center I am currently at is like a family. Management has an open door policy at any time.
Scheduling/Registration
Insurance Verification/ Pre-registration Manager (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: Talent growth
Cons: none
This employment offered me the opportunity to work with staff with many talents and professionalism. It created a sense of responsibility for healthcare for all patients served under our department.
call center scheduling
Central Scheduler (Former Employee), houston, texasMay 16, 2015
Pros: learn alot
Cons: not enough breaks
answered large volume of calls scheduling MRI's , US, Ct's, etc.
I enjoyed learning medical terminology
Hardest part was at times the phone volume was extreme
and not enough break times
ER REGISTRAR
ER Registrar (Former Employee), pensacola, flMay 13, 2015
On days wehere the ER was slow we had lots of help and the days the ER was slammed were the days we were short handed, we felt like we were drowning and couldn't get any hel.
Great place to work.
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee), Rome, GAMay 10, 2015
Management make a huge effort to be the place of choice for its patients and employees. The facility that im working in has family feel. People are pleasant and the work schedule is good.
Job is decent sometimes stressful
HCAPS Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 8, 2015
Job is decent, the environment is fun and can be stressful. Coworkers are usually competent. Compensation can be very cryptic so make sure you come prepared to negotiate and expect your offer to be rejected.
fun place to work.
server (Former Employee), moses lake washingtonMay 6, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no breaks
Open to close, customer care, ordering of liquor and beer, fun atmosphere to work. My boss was the best boss I had ever had in all my years as a server.
Good work place
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Hudson, FLMay 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Very disorganized in kitchen. The management gives you a work load that is very difficult even for a seasoned cook or restaurant worker.
Great Benefits, Previous management no longer an issue
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Salem, NHMay 2, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: Lonely in an office by yourself.
When I worked for HCA through a local hospital, I had a supervisor who was not following company protocols on several issues. She was removed and since the issues are resolved.

While I worked there I got great hours, great benefits, and generally enjoyed my job.

About HCA

About HCA HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) operates more than 160 acute care, psychiatric, and rehabilitation hospitals – Read more

HCA Salaries