HCA

HCA Employer Reviews

HOUSEKEEPING
Worker (Former Employee), New Port Richey, FLOctober 20, 2014
Cons: good insurance
I LOVED MY JOB, AND ENJOYED MY COWORKERS, BUT AT TIMES IT WAS VERY STRESSSFUL WAS VERY CONFIDENT IN MY POSITION WAS ALWAYS WORRIED AND TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING DONE ALL TIME. I LOVED WITNESSING TO PEOPLE ABOUT JESUS PRAYING WITH THEM SEEING LIFE SITUATION CHANGED WITH Gods help. EVERYBODY MAKES MISTAKES AND God forgives I believe we all have made changes for the better. The staff was very friendly. I believe H,C.A. treated there employees good BY PUTTING gOD IN THE WORKPLACE IS THE BEST. I WAS FIRED AND I ACKNOWLEDGE IT ALL. hE IS MY STRENGTH. I AM FORGIVEN LIFE GOES ON. I would like to work for them again.I
Interesting place to work
Emergency Room Clerk (Current Employee), Gulfport, MsOctober 16, 2014
Pros: patient care
Cons: n/a
I enjoy the work I do in the medical field. At this job we have our ups and downs and always find a way to stay focused and enjoy each other.
Very scattered work environment with little consistancy in training
Registrar (Current Employee), Largo, FLOctober 15, 2014
Pros: not sitting behind a desk all day. varied duties.
Cons: never knowing your schedule very far in advance. you can't plan your life
The job of registrar could be very rewarding, however at this particular location the training varies by trainer, the turn-over is extremely high, and moral is low.

On a the other side the co-workers, both registrars and ER staff are a great bunch and very professional.
overwhelming place to work
ER Registration (Former Employee), houston, txOctober 15, 2014
register patients, multitask, collect payments, hardest job dealing with rude patients,
a supervisory position and better pay
Medical Office Specialist and Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: i am able to help people and you my experience.
Cons: stuck in the same pay when cost of living is elavating
I love my patients and going above and beyond for them. Their surveys attest to my ability to get their problems. The negative aspect is they say I am capped out on my pay.
HCA OU Medical Center
Sr. PSR (Former Employee), Center, OKOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great manager
Cons: old software, only three schedulers for large hospital system radiology dept.
I really enjoyed working for my Manager. The computer system was a bit outdated, but manageable. With proper upgrades to the software I think the scheduling department could have reduced hold times for calling offices & created a higher customer service rating.
Fine company to work for
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee), New Port Richey, FLOctober 9, 2014
Pros: big company
Cons: pto
I learned a lot at HCA
Perfected multi tasking
Was able to transfer if wanted
Fast pace environment, very productive
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee), Nashville, TnOctober 8, 2014
Pros: alot of events that take place throughout the year
Cons: too many meetings
Training/Supervising staff
In my current job role I've learned that you have to people skills
Coworkers are great team players
The hardest part of the job is disciplinary issues.
The most enjoyable part is interacting with the staff
Was told by recruiter that this was an Accounts Payable position and it wasn't.
Verifier (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 6, 2014
I was laid off from a position that I had held for 8 years in March 2010. After 6 months of being unemployed I received an offer from a recruiter for a temp AP position at HCA. I took it, needed to be working. When I reported to work I was taken to the Verifying dept. In this position I reviewed vendor invoices that had been scanned into a software that once verified that the proper document identifiers were represented in the correct fields were sent to the AP dept. for processing. No what I was lead to believe. I continued in this position because I had no choice at the time, needing the job. I left only after being offered a position in AP at another company.
i love working here
Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: benefits/pay & short lunches
I love working here. The only negative part about the company is that the benefits and pay isn't great.
Used to be a great place to work when it was All About Staffing
Team Lead, Billing Department (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLOctober 2, 2014
I thought I had found my forever job at All About Staffing, then HCA merged All About Staffing with 2 other companies to create Parallon Business Solutions and it was all downhill from there. I could go on and on, but I won't. The things that kept me going were an amazing Manager and a wonderful group of co-workers. Unfortunately, in the end, even that wasn't enough to make the atrocities committed by Upper Management at Parallon bearable, so it was time to move on after 8 years. What started out as a dream job ended as a nightmare.
good company
Hospital Director Information Systems (Former Employee), Loxahatchee, FLOctober 1, 2014
extremely busy hospital and try to keep all employees happy with their IT needs.
Was a good place to get experience
Secretary/Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Independence, MOOctober 1, 2014
Pros: catered lunches a lot, paid vacation and sick time
Cons: short breaks, forced to work through lunch sometimes
I don't HATE working for HCA, but there is only so much you can take when it come to adding and adding and adding more work but never any extra pay. I don't feel like they were paying me for what type of work I did. Other than that, I was always able to be off work when I needed to be and never really mistreated. Loved the people I worked with, just didn't agree with some corporate decisions.
I was able to take away a great many friends and experiences
Ocala Health Family Care Specialist (Current Employee), I work under direct care with Dr. and ARNPOctober 1, 2014
Pros: work experience people benefits
Cons: was getting too attached to my patients
I worked with great team workers, and learned a greatn deal about hands on training with more critical patients, and cardiac aspect of their care
Fun learning enviroment
Registrar (Current Employee), gainesvill, flSeptember 29, 2014
Helping patients and verifying insurance coverage and estimating amount owed
Very diverse place to work.
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: able to stay busy all the time. different situations that came up.
Cons: no position to switch to days or anyone able to work as night time manager.
I worked overnight for 7 years as a manager on 3rd shift. I trained and updated newly hired and regular employees. The hardest part was leaving to pursue a higher education and to find work during the dayshift. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the employees to accomplish goals.
Surgical Tech
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Good job in an operating room assisting with surgeries. long hours sometimes and standing all day.
SMALL IT DEPT
Tech Analyst II, Data Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hard to advance unless someone leaves.
HARD TO ADVANCE UNLESS SOMEONE LEAVES.

GREAT BENEFITS

LOTS OF TEAM BUILDING EVENTS DURING THE YEAR
Wonderful place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Norcross, GASeptember 22, 2014
Provide advanced-level clerical support and routine financial processing for accounts receivables. Prepare and submit electronic claims for services provided, track outstanding claims, post payments and prepares bills to consumers for deductible, co-pays or non covered services. I learned how to reconcile routine issues with service providers. I learned how to prepare billing and claim reports using Excel spreadsheets. I had a very proficient manager. She was always willing to schedule training classes to keep everyone up to date on any changes that will be made. I am a team player. I got along with all my co-workers and always willing to help them when help was needed. I did not have a hard part of my duties on job. I am a fast learner and I took good notes in all training classes that we had. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting customers with payment arrangements when they could not afford to pay their bill. I also enjoyed helping customers with their bill when it was incorrect. I called the insurance companies to find out why customers claims were denied when customers call and were angry. I really enjoy billing, scheduling appointments and doing the best job I can do at work.
Well established hospital chain
RAC Audit Specialist Appeals Nurse (Former Employee), Palm Harbor, FloridaSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: average place to work
Cons: no advancement for nurses
HCA has been in the hospital business for a long time. They have hospitals all over the country and internationally as well. Theircompany culture included a requirement to be a robot at your desk, always seated there, never offering any resistance. Personal ideas were not welcome. It has been a secure place to work. They had a great IT department. HCA always promoted people to management who were very skilled in the mechanics of the company but people skills were not required to be promoted. There was always lots of personality conflicts because managers were not required to address any personal issues between team members. The most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers. I made some life time friends at HCA. For Nurses who worked in the Patient Account Services office, there were only lateral moves, very few opportunities for advancement. Most of the managers there were not clinicians. Most of the work there was about account balances. Nurses were employed in the Appeals areas which is where they stayed.

About HCA

About HCA HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) operates more than 160 acute care, psychiatric, and rehabilitation hospitals – Read more

HCA Salaries