HCA Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent
Flow process coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 22, 2016
Great employer, good benefits, great environment. Not much room for advancement unless you are a registered nurse, IT, or have executive experience.
Good employer
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 29, 2015
Very busy family practice office. I enjoyed getting to know my patients. I worked with wonderful providers who were happy to share their knowledge.
Pros
Free lunches
Fun atmosphere
Registered Cardiac Invasive Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 7, 2015
Good learning experience. Lots of work, great place to learn on the job. Staggered shifts allows for some early days. Reasonable amount of call days. 1 day a week / 1 weekend a month
a typical day on KRMC
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2016
One typical day on KRMC is supervising confused patient or a baker acted patient and help them with ADLS. a 12 hours of each shift is good.
Workplace felt like in a prison sometimes
Medical Billing Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlAugust 25, 2015
Small office of 15 people, a lot of favoritism in this office and not enough compliments to the people who do work hard. Also, the manager has assigned certain people to be her eyes and ears to report back to her on a daily basis. I feel everyone is a grown up and do not need to be watched. It is very uncomfortable to work under these conditions, You don't know who to trust. You work under a lot of stress and this creates a lot of unhappy employees.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Being watched at all times, No recognition for your hard work, favortism
Productive Work Place
Internal Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 25, 2015
I enjoy my current job as Internal Control Analyst but the job is being transferred to Nashville, TN. I maintain a systems database, provide system support to users, nursing and administrators. I enjoy working with this company and in this department for the seven years that I have been employed at HCA/Parallon. I also enjoy my coworkers, those near and far. I loved feeling a sense of accomplishment at the end of each day.
Benefits
Cons
I'd rather not mention any negativity
productive and fun loving place to work,awesome team work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte FlAugust 21, 2015
My day starts between 4:30-5:00 to 14:30
I look forward going to work each day and I love my job.
I am rewarded for my good work
I work with an awesome set of nurses, everyone work together to get the work done.
The hardest part of my job is seeing my Pt in pain with nausea and vomiting after returning from post anesthesia care unit and nothing I do sometimes helps not even medications.
My most enjoyable part of the job is my Pts coming back to say thank me or my manager handing out the stars or hearts for going above and beyond to help my Pts.
Pros
competitive Salary, enjoyable atmosphere to work in, compassionate co-workers
Cons
Nursing shortage
Fun workplace
Surgical Tech (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 20, 2015
I enjoy working at my HCA facility. There is opportunity for advancement and my senior leaders are professional, motivating and nuturing. The only negative for me is that HCA always seems to be on the lower end of the pay scale when compared to other area hospitals.
Pros
Management keeps lines of communication open, always tries to find ways to make staff feel valued, establishes good relationship within the community
Cons
Lower wages
Not a horrible company
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 17, 2015
Worked for HCA in two different states. First job was in Texas at Conroe Regional Medical Center. Schedule was great, people were fun to work with and the job was easy. Second was in Virginia at Reston Hospital Center. Now this place sucked!! Would never work again in this hospital's lab, not even for all the money in the world. The lab culture was pitiful, everybody complained about everybody else on a daily basis. Management couldn't be bothered with anything unless it satisfied one of her needs. Horrible staff and hours. Texas was great, Virginia not so much.
no comment
Collections Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Implement corporate or departmental policies, procedures, and service standards.
Review records or reports, monitor work activities, and evaluate performance. QA review
Monitored insurance claims and communicated with insurance companies to resolve discrepancies
Identified and provided correct coding for billing errors on EOB's in a timely manner. Devised and executed a plan to improve the efficacy of time sensitive projects. Collaborated with insurance companies and patients regarding billing guidelines and procedures
Analyzed accounts recommended for write-off to ensure account accuracy as determined by corporate office
Monitor work from in-house & from home collectors. Video calling
Interviews and hiring process, Termination process
Kronos iSeries Central ,Business Objects /Web-Intelligence

Want to know more about HCA?

Ask a question
EMR systems
HIM Document Imaging Technician II (Indexer) (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSNovember 11, 2015
A fast paced productive working environment, document imaging and indexing of medical records into various EMR systems. Working with all HCA hospitals in the greater Kansas City area.
HCA was an incredible place to work
Medical Transcription/PowerScribe Editor (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 13, 2015
HCA and their employees were incredible to work for/with, I was constantly encouraged to better myself. I worked very hard with the encouraging words. I eventually went from a Radiology Clerk, to a Unit Secretary, where I learned so many valuable things. I then became a medical transcriptionist after lots of hard work. I was unfortunately laid off due to modern technology. I worked from home the last few years I worked for HCA. Therefore I consider myself self motivated. I am a hard worker and a quick learner. I am very proficient in Microsoft word. I live for fast pace work. When I worked as a Unit Secretary, I enjoyed that job the most it was a very fast paced environment.
Job Security
Quality Assurance Representative/ Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 7, 2015
Loved my job was there for 7 years; my family was created while I was employed there. Raises bonuses and PTO was fair and reasonable. The most enjoyable part was the different patients i came into contact with.

The challenge made the job worth while almost to never the same day to day work.
Pros
Pay
Benefits
Typical Corporate
Director, Health Information Management (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 4, 2015
Typical Corporate driven--more with less. Shared Services and Facility level leaders are not on the same page for goals.
Pros
Great job location
Cons
Job Security can be a concern based upon finanicals
fun and productive work plce
RRT (Former Employee) –  Covington,LaOctober 21, 2015
great place to work. Ceos are always changing though which is usually a concern in whether they are more interested in money as opposed to patient care
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
much negativity among staff towards doctors and higher up management
Administrative Team very supportive! Great Work environment
Program Director (Former Employee) –  LewisGale Medical CenterAugust 10, 2015
!5 years of work experience at LewisGale Medical Center has offered me a vast amount of growth and experience. The people who work at LewisGale Medical Center make this the best place to work!
The physicians are dedicated to their patients, and the nurses are skilled, and experienced with quality patient care. The Administrative team are dedicated to supporting the patient care teams, are easy to reach out to, and dedicated to making the facility the best for patient care, and the best place for employees to work!
productive, fun, good social work environment
Patient Portal Concierge (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, VANovember 4, 2015
Great place to work, competitive pay rates, constantly improving on their work environment to suite patients and workers alike!
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
hospital food is not that great
hospital
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLDecember 10, 2015
General hospital with er and icu provide a community service with doctors in house 24/7. I have been both a nurse and patient in the facility and choose to work there
Pros
close to home
Cons
parking
Service Desk Analyst
Senior Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2015
Stable job and good pay. Not much room for advancement on the Service Desk unless your part of the "old boys" club. Hardest part is dealing with rude staff that want it now even thought they know you cannot give them access without approval. The most enjoyable part is flexible to work from home just began over the past year.
Pros
Discounted cafeteria
Cons
No advancement opportunities. Only lateral.
Great workplace
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 28, 2015
HCA is a wonderful place to work. The benefits are exceptional and I have been very pleased with the job opportunities within the company.