HCR Home Care Employee Reviews

Very stressfull
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 28, 2017
Nice company, but very stressfull. Not sure how it is now, but when I worked there, they needed more billers to handle the workload and even with overtime it didn't help.
Busy but unsteady
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 26, 2017
Decent place to work and Billing Manager is on point. Billing manager makes expectations clear and responsible. Not much room for advancement and Senior Management is not involved or steady
Avoid Any Position In The Office
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 21, 2017
Avoid, especially any position in the office. They chew you up and are not valued. Field nurses may be ok if like it. You are left alone. Most of us don't work 40 hours a week. Some don't survive because different environment then they are used to. Unstructured. Very insecure.
Pros
Flexability with work schedule.
Cons
Unstable, struggling, poor business decisions.
Innovative home care agency
Director of Nursing Genesee/Orleans County Branch (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 7, 2017
Very progressive, forward thinking agency. Agency continues to grow and expand across New York State. Is a For Profit Certified and Licensed home care agency with multiple specialty groups.
Pros
friendly.
April 11, 2017

HCR Home Care has grown in the last 30 years, we now cover 23 counties across NY State and offer Home Care Services ranging from rehabilitation to Diabetes Management to Cardiac Specialty. We staff HHAs, LPNs, RNs, PTs, PTAs, OTs, COTAs, SLPs, Dieticians, Social Workers and office staff and will continue to grow in the upcoming years.

HCR is a great company to work for
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 15, 2017
HCR is an well organized company to work for. They have everything in order, they always have hours for you and they work with you and help you out in every way they can. My experience with them has been great.
February 20, 2017

Thank you for sharing what a wonderful experience you have had. We strive to meet all of our employees needs and want everyone's experience to be positive.

Easy going
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 11, 2016
Depending on the day and the need of the client the day can be easy going or hectic. The position is based around the need of the client. Our focus is to keep the client as independent as possible and we try to assist in maintaining that independence.
February 20, 2017

Thank you for giving a perfect example of what a day in the of life of home care is. Our clients needs always come first but HCR Home Care prides ourselves in meeting our employees needs as well.

Enjoyed staff and work environment
Clinical Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, NYJuly 28, 2016
Enjoyed working with Doctors , patients , and their families. Being able to work independently . Maintain call log and follow up with care and needs of clients thru through record keeping. Most enjoyable was knowing that I was able to help clients and their families thru some very difficult times in their lives. Serving a purpose.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Being laid off d/t problems with in company. (medicaid billing issues)
February 20, 2017

I am glad you had a positive experience with HCR Home Care. Our Clinical staff do have the ability to create their own schedules based on the needs of our clients and their families.

This company puts profits over patient care
rn case manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 28, 2015
Heavy caseload and long hours in the field plus additional documentation to complete on your own time. Nurses work about 12 hours 5 days a week and are constantly being given additional responsibilities. Office staff will email a nurse who is on the road to make phone calls, or enter orders that came in on the fax machine. The salary the company offers is not fair compensation for the effort and time spent working. The unrealistic demand on nurses affects the quality of care given and leaves the nurse vulnerable to making mistakes.
Pros
equipment and supplies provided.
Cons
No time for breaks, drive time is not included in hours worked. 10- 12 hour work days for 8 hour pay.
February 20, 2017

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience and appreciate the opportunity to address it. HCR Home Care has been in business for nearly 40 years and works hard to create a positive work environment to support our mission to keep patients healthy and at home. We are available to discuss your experience with HCR further in a private conversation.

Great place to work with many differing opportunities
CHN/ Quality Assurance Officer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 8, 2015
I worked at HCR for over 8 years. The only reason I left was because I moved out of state to sunny Arizona. There are multiple opportunities for advancement. Management is always supportive and willing to meet with you in person to listen to any issues that may arise.

I miss HCR Home Care!
Pros
Opportunity Abounds
Cons
Stressful at times
February 20, 2017

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your experience with HCR Home Care. If you are ever back in New York State please feel free to reach out to us regarding employment.

would be a great company if they had better education staff
rn (Current Employee) –  nyAugust 11, 2015
Orientation is horrible. Completely different than working in the. Hours are horrible plan on starting at 6am and charting until 4am the next morning. No breaks you need great bladder control. They want you to spend 10 minutes with a patient and have 25 visits in a day. Case managers are never available.
Pros
you can make youre own schedule for the day
Cons
never enough time to chart. 15 appts in 8 hours is not safe
February 20, 2017

HCR Home Care has recently increased our Clinical Education team and now offers a more extensive and hands on orientation process.

Must love to drive
Community Health Nurse/RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYJune 2, 2015
serviced 5-8 pts daily. lots of education, disease process, medications, dressing changes.

I thought I would loss a lot of clinical skills, I actually learned new ones. Chemotherapy hookup and disconnect, pleural vac drainage, port accessing, wound vac machine application and maintain.

wonderful manager, very flexible with schedule, easy to talk to,

enjoyed co-workers when I see them. team meetings,

driving is the hardest part of the job, and hours of work that I bring home.

Best part of the job is the office with a view!! My car...
Pros
autonomy
Cons
to much charting at home
February 20, 2017

Thank you for your review. HCR Home Care offers continuing education and training to our staff to keep their skills fresh and current.

great company to work for
Resident Services Facilitator (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 29, 2015
Great team of dedicated individuals with a goal in mind of provide great services for their patient. excellent team work and great sensitivity while providing essential services for our communities.
February 20, 2017

Thank you for your review of HCR Home Care. We believe in a team environment and have an open door policy for all of our staff.

very busy work environment at the office
Clinical Field STAFF Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 3, 2015
HCR is a good home care agency. .While I was at HCR I was approving orders, reviewing opening assessments,OASIS, Medicare and all insurance's. It was a very computer intense work environment, which I enjoyed.
Pros
pay and benefits
February 20, 2017

HCR Home Care appreciates your review. We pride ourselves on being a technology forward company!

The best agency to work.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 3, 2013
I worked with elder population, I learned how to fill or assisst with benefits,
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
short breaks
February 20, 2017

Thank you for your review. HCR Home Care is proud to offer home care services to the community which allows family members to stay in the comfort of their own homes.

HCR Home Care
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2013
HCR is a growing home care company that has made efforts to stay ahead of the changing health care climate. The therapy department has excellent leadership which focuses on quality of care while closely upholding the ethical and regulatory standards of CMS and DOH. There is a value for continuing education and involvement in the local, state, and national Physical Therapy Association activities. There is opportunity to learn through involvement in clinical specialty teams. The biggest challenge is the company culture has a strong focus on productivity and efficiency, which does impact work life balance.
February 21, 2017

You have left me speechless - you basically have summarized what HCR Home Care represents and stands for.
HCR Home Care prides itself in keeping up with the ever changing medical field and offering the best care possible to our clients. Our staff are integral parts of the process and we want to ensure that every staff member has the resources available to them to do their jobs efficiently and competently.

Busy, fast paced environment, resourceful
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 6, 2013
Structured corporate environment. Approachable co-workers, freedom to share new ideas with managers.
Pros
free hot beveragesw
Friendly staff and great management team.
Corporate Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  85 Metro Park Rochester, NY 14623November 24, 2012
Management was very personable and easy to get along with. I loved working in my deportment and for y manager, she was very intelligent and always on her toes. My day was always busy from the time I walked in to the time I left.
Pros
very family friendly
Cons
long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCR Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.