HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare Employer Reviews

Great co-workers and patients
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free dinners
Great staff and patients. Good environment to work in. Carry out orders. Provide sub-acute and rehabilitative care. Hardest part of job is not having as much time to spend with patients. Most enjoyable is spending time with patients.
SNF serving Kaiser and Medicare patients
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CASeptember 16, 2014
My caseload was typically 9 - 11 patients at this skilled nursing rehabilitation facility. That may sound like a lot and good time-management skills are critical, but one learns to fall into the rhythm of the job quickly and the workday does not feel as busy as 9 - 11 patients may sound. The most common diagnoses I would encounter were orthopedic (hip – more... and knee replacements, fractured femurs, compression fractures), but there was a good smattering of patients with COPD, CHF, skin disorders, and generalized weakness.

There are 2 gyms with assorted equipment for strengthening, cardiovascular exercise, and balance training. In terms of physical strength, I found that most patients did not need traditional strength training, so much as they needed better endurance, better balance, and better safety awareness. I would spend a fair amount of my workday focusing on patients' balance, analyzing their ability to perform their basic ADLs, and teaching them methods to simplify and improve their ADL performance. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I had the opportunity to work closely with patients to really learn what motivates them and how to use those motivations to enhance their health and wellness. Every now and then I would shop in the community and former patients would approach me and express so much gratitude for how I helped them regain the independence to manage their lives at home and be able to go back out into the community. This last point was one of my biggest eye-opening experiences. It's so easy to take those things we do every day for granted, but when activities like going out to lunch with one's friends is suddenly stripped away, you really begin to appreciate how important such activities are for a person's physical and mental well-being.

The most difficult part of the job is working with the occasional patient who has little to no motivation for therapy. Some clients feel that they were forced to go to a rehabilitation center. Some have advanced dementia and their motivations may be quite different from most clients. A few sessions may be needed to draw out the patients' inner motivations. However, the situation may be that the patient never shows motivation for therapy or being more independent. The therapist has to learn to accept the patient for what s/he is and wants and work with his/her team to determine the most appropriate living situation and resources for that patient to be safe in his/her home. – less
Great place to work!
Director of Rehab - Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Piqua, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Productive and fun workplace with structured expectations of their employees. Overall, great company to work for.
good pay, thats about it
LPN floor nurse (Former Employee), Peoria, ILSeptember 15, 2014
There weren't many people in management that genuinely cared about the workers, if they cared they were quickly fired or quit. Many coworkers feared management. CNA's had more rights than nurses. Hostile work enviornment. Nothing positive from this employer.
easy job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Green Bay, WISeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no healthcare
also lots of turnover. management not steady. free lunch. asked to do more then normal job description.
IF YOU WANT TO GET FIRED FOR NOTHING, APPLY HERE.
DON (Former Employee), Green Bay, WISeptember 15, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
This place is a total disgrace and is gives all nursing homes a bad name. Everything is dysfunctional and the will fire you with no warning and for no GOOD reason. I was in a salary position and was told that I wasn't working enough, even though I was there by 8 and didn't get to leave until around 7PM. That was their only excuse. I consider it a blessing – more... in disguise because now I can actually find a functional and professional place to work. Do yourself a favor and apply elsewhere. – less
Executive director horrible!!!
Lpn (Former Employee), Ft Myers flSeptember 14, 2014
Cons: management
The executive director thought she was way more important than she was. Talked down to staff very disrespect able. Third shift nurse sleeps half the shift but that's ok because she helps get residents into the facility. Everyone in management thinks they do no wrong. If you kiss their butt your ok.
Administrator didn't have a clue
Management (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: some of my coworkers
Cons: not enough time to mention
Administrator was a young kid who was a corporate puppet. Expected frontline staff to work well under budget. Most if not all of the Department heads were rude and for themselves. Expected department heads to do many jobs
poor resident care and nursing does not care
LPN (Former Employee), Carlisle, PASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: poor resident care and lack of communication
I worked here for the longest 3 months I could imagine. Unprofessional. I could not say enough other than RUN AWAY. Its such an awful experience and heaven forbid you ask for help or try to correct things we only wish Department of Health would see!
AWESOME
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKSeptember 11, 2014
AWESOME! As I've stated before, HCR Manor Care has been one of the best places I've ever worked!
We walk as a team
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee), HCrManor care mountainsideSeptember 9, 2014
The management is fair I really do not have much to say typical day work is like every other place
Experienced 12 years of dementia services management
Alzheimer's Unit Manager (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PA; York, PA; Sarasota, FL; Venice FL;September 5, 2014
Pros: unit for skilled dementia and rehab
Cons: not enough frontline staff positive recognition, staffing reduced
Being with this company as a unit manager for 12 years one notes shift in corporate goals as financial companies purchased. Early on, people were taking care of people, as I left, services were decreased that should have been increased to care for the skilled person with dementia.
I always enjoyed going to work, to provide personal person centered care – more... to the dementia population, to see how to assist them in their journey and be a part of that calming for them.
Working with the families, assisting them in the acceptance of the disease process, providing support to them was very satisfying.
Staff training was very rewarding. – less
Diverse fun dedicated working facility to restore patient function
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), West Bloomfield Township, MIAugust 31, 2014
Work one on one, and occasional co-treating with other disciplines, 6-8 patients a day.
Consulting with management specific needs and any new medical concerns that may arise with a patient.
Everyday new learning experiences occurred from different types of innovative treatment, to modifying treatments to fit a patients needs.
Treating patients who don't – more... speak English is the hardest part of the job though educational because I have the desire to learn.
Day by day watching patients improve in function is, by far, the most rewarding part of the job. I feel rewarded that we, as a team, through hard work and dedication have the tools to empower patients to heal, get stronger and help restore daily function to go home and live life to their fullest potential – less
Terrible place to work
Support services (Former Employee), KetteringAugust 30, 2014
Cons: pay is terroble management sucks, hostile environment.
Just all around bad experience. It was horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Work friendly
LPN/Part time Floating Nurse on Acute Care Unit (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLAugust 29, 2014
Pros: work advancement
Cons: salary
This Place is a get place to work. The staff are friendly and helpful.
typical job
LPN/Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKAugust 29, 2014
Okay place to work. They compensate we;ll for Nurses passing their own meds.
High acuity low staff ratio
CNA/Preceptor (Current Employee), Libertyville, ILAugust 29, 2014
High acuity low staff ratio! Raises have been infrequent and very, very small. Asked to work extra hours, not appreciated. Stayed as long as I did because I loved my patients, and being a CNA. Enjoyed most of my co-workers. Promised tuition reimbursement, went to inquire how to collect.........was told it was no longer offered! All in all except for – more... my patients there was not a lot I liked about the place. – less
I learn something new everyday
RN Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 27, 2014
I enjoy the company I work for because I am able to learn something new on a daily basis. If I am unsure of a situation management is there to help me. It is not a company that is out for themselves and they really do care about the patients. My peers are team players and are always willing to help out if needed.
Productive and warm work enviornment
LPN Supervisor (Current Employee), Jersey Shore, PAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: love working with the elderly
Cons: short-staffed
My day is usually very busy. Med passes, treatments, charting, admissions and discharges. I've learned a lot at this job. I love most of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is losing people you've become close to. The best part are the relationships you build with residents.
NURSE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Decatur, GAAugust 20, 2014
I think that management could do an better job at talking with the employee more to see how our job is going............

1 2 3 4 5

About HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare, Inc. is a leading provider of short-term post-acute and long-term care. We have a nationwide network of more than – Read more