HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

Worst place I have ever worked.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 24, 2015
Pros: A small paycheck
Cons: Too many to list.
The were no positives in regards to working here. Very overworked and underpaid. The management was worthless. Coworkers were very unfriendly and the work environment was hostile.
HCR
CNA (Current Employee), avon inMay 22, 2015
start off the day passing fresh ice
then getting resident up and at it
transfer them to dinning room or room trays

management is very unorganized
co workers are very helpful
hardest part of my job is lifting heavy people and being short staffed
the most enjoyable part of my job is the relationship i have built with my residents
ok place to work
Supervisor - Housekeeping/Laundry (Current Employee), Voorhees, NJMay 20, 2015
Pros: try to help if they can
Cons: no room for advancement if you dont a degree
like any job it has it up and downs. you just go in and do what your need to do..under new management the rule change .things are different from when I started seven years ago.
The company is in trouble and denial
Human Resource Director (Former Employee), WashingtonMay 17, 2015
Pros: Sometimes the people you work with
Cons: Everything else
The Human Resource Director position is a generalist and manager role with a workload that no one can keep up with. Expectations are completely unrealistic and you will be setup for failure from day one. Corporate support is lacking. You will be told that the position will get better but that will never happen. In fact, if you are crazy enough to stay for a few years, you may lose your life, family and peace of mind trying to prove you can do a job that no one can succeed at accomplishing. The paperwork load is excessive, the data entry is double which makes 50% of it redundant, and the systems do not function properly most days. If they would provide a specialist or clerk to support this position, it would help possibly make the job manageable.
Experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Palos Heights, ILMay 16, 2015
Decent job if you want the work experience of a CNA who eventually wants to become a nurse shows if u can handle a fast paced hard working environment
Horrible
Human Resources/ Scheduler (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAMay 14, 2015
Stress unappreciated down trodden, disrespected, no worth or value to employees. Lack of training and understanding, unrealistic expectations, unprofessional unethical.
False promises are being advertised
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Stevens Point WIMay 14, 2015
Pros: co-workers who are in the shackles next to you.
Cons: Read review. Have health insurance? who has time to utilize it?
They are advertising a "flexible schedual"? I averaged 50 plus hours per week while employed at the Stevens Point office. Very seldom are you able to get "time back". They were always short nursing staff and have to e mergently admit people at all hours - even if it was not emergent or the patient wanted to wait. $$$$. I missed numerous MD appointments and my children's activities because I was forced to work over or through my requested time off. New management every few months. Current ones lie and make false promises - I think even lie to eachother. I would get conflicting stories. Very happy at my current job. DO NOT APPLY - not even as an interim job - you won't have time to apply elsewhere.
Busy
Licence Practical Nurse (Current Employee), michiganMay 13, 2015
This is a very busy place. Typically each nurse has 16 patients. All rehab patients and no long term care. Medication distribution, treatments and assessing. HCR is a wonderful place to work.
LPN
LPN (Current Employee), GREENVIEWMay 13, 2015
Pros: able to do hands on care
Cons: not enough hands
Unrealistic expectations, frequently short staffed. Administration questionable at best, administrator frequently will page to answer a call light rather than answering it. Poor team work, poor division of labor, no support.
Soul Crushing
CNA (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMay 12, 2015
The management team is poorly trained. They do not know how to lead, just bark orders or blame people for their mistakes. They could forget to do their job and it'll be your fault for not making sure they remember. The staff and residents are treated poorly. They cut the budget where ever they can and its the residents who suffer for it.The turn over is a joke. Pay rate is awful as well. Work here only if desperate.
Great Tranning
Account Manager (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 11, 2015
Pros: Staff
Cons: no budget
I was able to turn a poor territory into one that is hitting numbers. 50 call a week and little intense but an ok place to work
Enjoyable and caring place to work
State Tested Nurse's Aide (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 9, 2015
Pros: Good healthcare, wonderful staff, working with people, fulfilled heart
Cons: Excessive work load at times, lack of advancement
The company goal was to extend the highest level of care for their residents. A heart fulfilling place to work with wonderful administrative staff and co-workers. The hardest part in this line of work was saying goodbye to someone you cared for. The most enjoyable part in this line of work was knowing in your heart that you did everything possible to give your residents the best possible care, put a smile on someone's face and made their day a little easier.
Nice people. Good work environment. Below market benefits and compensation.
Human Resources (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 9, 2015
Compensation is below market average. Annual raises are under 2% if not frozen. Healthcare benefits are expensive for front line employees barely making a living wage. 401k match has been eliminated.
My Days At Manor Care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAMay 9, 2015
Pros: steady paced environment.
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at HCR Manor Care was a day that would keep you going even if you did not want to. Everything and everyone was on the go. From waking up residents early in the morning to assisting the residents back into bed in the evening depending on the shift. I assisted in feeding, personal hygiene, bathing if need be, dressing, transportation to and from meals, activities, etc. I have learned a lot at HCR Manor Care such as and for starters my skills as a nurses aide, patience, adjustment as far as adjusting to an on going changing work environment and team work. My co-workers were amazing we all did our parts, jobs, and duties. Always lent a hand when need be. Also to help things go more smoothly and in a more timely manner. The hardest part of working at HCR Manor Care in my opinion was building relationships with residents and having to see them go. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the residents. Making life a bit easier for them made me feel good. To know I made a difference for someone even if that meant doing something as small as handing them their glasses.
Overall, a pretty awesome place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Davenport, IAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Pay, Co-Workers, Management
Cons: Patient Food was terrible, Sometimes understaffed
Good staff overall, a few lazy nurses and CNAs. Truly felt like the staff cared about the patient. Pay was great, even with no experience.
Work at another healthcare center
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee), Whitehall, PAMay 5, 2015
If you plan on having management support you and your decisions, think again. Nursing staff works for their own benefit, not for the patient. Work somewhere else if you can.
productive
dietary (Former Employee), livonia miMay 5, 2015
Pros: having workers help you
Cons: short breaks
on a typical day I usually come to work with a good attitude and leave all personal issues at the door. I have learn caring personal issues to work can mess up your day and others. management wasn't the best there has been days that we were short and management will go home. the co-workers were fine and very helpful at all times. the hardest part about this job was the management. the enjoyable part was the co-workers
What I like about my job
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee), East Peoria, ILMay 5, 2015
The part I like about my job is coming in to work at the assisted living facility and knowing that for some of the residents, I am making a difference. Many of them don't have get out very much due to their age or illness or disability and don't see their families very much. So aside form serving them their meals, we talk some and get to know each other and they like to know what's going on with our lives. It's nice making connections with people who would feel pretty isolated if we weren't there.
It has been more than 10 years
night shift CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee), PinehurstMay 5, 2015
I enjoyed working here because I had a set schedule. I knew when I was to be there without any question and I didn't come in to work to find my schedule had been completely changed.
Productivity over patients. Money Rugs-profits over patients
Rehab director Rehab staff (Former Employee), york paMay 4, 2015
Pros: None!!! Poor everything
Cons: everything. dirty facilities Management lies.
Manordon'tcare. Federal lawsuit....what else needs said. worst benefits ever. Frauds. Old person warehouse. Surprised anyone works there. They just keep taking from the employees and patients. Hire robots. All
They want is new grads to mold and abuse. dirty facilities. Neglectful care.

1 2 3 4 5

About HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare, Inc. is a leading provider of short-term post-acute and long-term care. We have a nationwide network of more than – Read more

HCR ManorCare Salaries