HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

Good place to work with the oppoortunity to make a differencwe in other people's life
Resident Caregiver supervisor (Current Employee), Hatboro, PAAugust 1, 2015
Make sure residents are safe and well well cared for. I learned that a nice caring touch can go a long way. Management team is good though they could do better by taking into account the fact that each shift is part of the team. I have a great team. They are very caring as well. The hardest part of my job is when a resident is really tired but he cannot fall asleep and want to pace. It makes you worry about him falling. The most enjoyable part of my job is to help the residents with alzheimer/dementia to have as normal life as possible.
A Great Place to work for outgoing and friendly people
Housekeeping/laundry (Current Employee), Akron, OHJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Great work environment, nice people.
Cons: Short staffed.
A typical day at work for me is cleaning about 26 to 30 residential rooms a day. I've learned that its not always easy dealing with a lot of different personalities but it is nice getting to know new people and creating a bond with them. I enjoy working where i work because of my co-workers i feel as if we are a family. the hardest part of my job is losing a patient or resident because it is so easy to form a bond with them so dealing with someone passing away is never easy. The most enjoyable part of my job is coming in and greeting everyone in the morning because they are always in a good mood.
I have learned alot about people and their different cultures.Learned alot about myself .
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Jersey Shore, PAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: The residents
Cons: Healthcare insurance
Can be a great place to work. Some co-workers are very helpful and supportive in what we do. Its not a easy job. Love to get to know the residents and their families. Learn a lot about their background and what they did for a living. That's the best part about the job. I like to make their stay there as comfortable as possible since it is their home .
Great place to work, nice people to work with
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE (Former Employee), Fountain ValleyJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Nice learning experience
Typical day starts with endorsement report from outgoing nurse. Usually admission of new patients happen on my shift. I'm either working as a medication nurse or desk nurse. Hardest part of the job is losing a patient. Enjoyed every moment spent with each of my patients and their families.
Extremely short-staffed
Certified Nurses Aid (CNA) - Team Lead (Former Employee), Easton, PAJuly 27, 2015
Often times you would be moved to different units and would be under-staffed with 20 + patients to care for. Most are total-assists and you need to have other Aides help you but many were lazy and unwilling to help. It was extremely catty and stressful.
horrible management
Administration (Current Employee), Lakeview, OHJuly 25, 2015
Cons: hours based on census and lazy management
The management cares so little about the residents and employees. They hire new employees just to cut them when there is a lack of residents. The place cannot keep the census numbers up.
Productive and challenging
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 24, 2015
Loved working in the Unit department. They showed great respect and patience. A challenge not to get attached to residents in care.
Horrible!
Lpn supervisor (Former Employee), ElizabethtownJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Hardworking CNAs
Cons: Management is horrible, low pay, will ask you to work CONSTANTLY
The work wasn't hard, the aides were hard working and cooperative (except 1) RN supervisor was introduced to me as "Hitler" she lived up to that nane. Not HR, DON, administrator would address her horrible behavior. Continued to let her bully&harrass me.
I put in for PRN to get away from her, had to call in a week later to be told it was denied- so I quit. That same day they posted their ad on indeed for FT lpns with a sign on bonus $2500. .
Believe the rep. You hear about them
overall satisfactory
clerical, physical demand (Former Employee), Canton, MIJuly 22, 2015
overall satifactory work environment...good stepping stone....took care of the elderly and vast cultures of people, looked after their hygienic needs...used revers psychology and tact to get the job done right and safely...kinda like working with a bunch of big kids at times...work load was stress intensive most days..had to meet several scheduled deadlines for theri therapeutic appointments and doctor visits in house and out of house and balance meal times and times spent with family.
Over all I love working with the elderly
Nurse Supervisor - LPN (Former Employee), Easton, PAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Great bunch of Pt
Cons: Overworked and under paid
The Pt are wonderful, most of the time. You don't get paid enough for how hard you have to work. The shift supervisors are as overworked as the floor staff. Unfortunately the Pt suffer as a result. It would take 10 hours to do the work expected in 8 properly
fun laid back
Full-Time Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Kingston, PAJuly 20, 2015
fun laid back workplace, clean facilities, good compensation and vacation time however holidays must be worked in the rehab department
Productive and a good place to work
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), ILJuly 19, 2015
I have worked many positions and everyone is helpful and you learn a lot because we are a rehab center. I have and will recommend working there to anyone.
ok place to work
CNA (Former Employee), South Ogden, UTJuly 15, 2015
managers seem to be nice at times. co-workers are sometimes hare to get along with and there are to many patients to take care of for 1 CNA
The office
Business Office Director (Current Employee), WinterparkJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Patient's and family member's interactions
Cons: No teamwork
Great company to work with. The training is complete. The HR department is always showing appreciation to the staff. The cons is that there is no team work. Much more could get done and the quality of the work can be increased if we spent more time as a team ensuring that the patient and their family member's needs are met and all questions answered
NA
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: moving around
Cons: not enough staff
it was my first job as nurse , have learned a lot as nurse. very supportive management , loving residents and staff members.
A good place to learn
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee), Centerville, OHJuly 8, 2015
I am a current employee at HCR manorcare and while I can appreciate what they are trying to do and the work that their employees do I do not believe that the company itself has a clear understanding of the needs of each individual facility. I have learned a lot in the almost year I have been employed with them however do not see how staying will benefit me and my career path at this time.
I did my Lpn Clininicals here
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN STUDENT) (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: great opportunity
Cons: I want hospital setting
I learn a lot working in this nursing home how to pass meds, give insulin, head to toe assesments, gtube, trach, wound care, and how to communicate with the elderly
Very busy workday
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee), Towson, MDJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: N'/A
Excellent place to work at. great environment. got along very well with co workers. Got along well with management. The hard part of the job was being on call 24/7 365. The most enjoyable part was being around my co workers
Horrible Management and Moral Atmosphere
Marketing (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 1, 2015
The moral was very low. I have worked in hospice for 20 years and when I came there I realized that with each person I met from the nurses to the admin, staff had a low quality of work experience. Never felt a team atmosphere. I believe it had to do with the management. I learned that before I came there was a huge firing of major management and staff. Quick replacements were hired and the management who are there are chaotic. But this seems to be the norm. Business as usual. I lasted only a few years before I needed to move on.
productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), alb nm 87109June 30, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no pto and benifits cost alot
I helped residents with all there needs and wants to be as active and productive in the needs of daily living. This included but not limited to bathing, grooming, walking, exercise, eating, vital sings and wound care. I was also responsible for charting in all my medical card charts during my shifts.
Headquarters