HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare Employer Reviews

Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Whitehall Township, PAMarch 25, 2015
You would follow residents dietary needs and produce and serve meals to the residents. Great staff and great management
Hospice side is not secure
Administrative (Former Employee), South CarolinaMarch 23, 2015
- many employees left
- rude
- don't follow Medicare laws
- overwork the employees
- not wiling to work with you
- needs more direction
good work place
caregiver (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 21, 2015
working with others providing genuine care for loved one of famiy members. Feels like a family with your co workers. The hardest part of my job would be seeing family lose their love ones to death.
Fun workplace, I enjoyed assisting with residents also working there was very pleasant.
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee), West Bloomfield Township, MIMarch 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: n/a
Focused on getting my job assignment finished in a timely and professional manner, Friendly and helpful with customer assistance and needs. Very clean making sure that any and all areas of my facility, warehouse etc. was always neat and organized. Plus I enjoy working independently as well as with my co-workers and management. And I usually learn all aspects of my job so that I don't have any hard work in front of me attention to detail is a definite must.
great place to start
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Boulder, COMarch 19, 2015
great place to start as a new nurse. so much to learn and great support from staff. opportunities' to relocate as MC has many other facilities throughout the country
Pretty good experience in comparison
Food Service Director (Current Employee), West VirginiaMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Active Food Service Director Assistant position, good support from upper management so far
Cons: Call off policy is terrible to a point where it is not taken seriously which impacts patient care
I currently work as a Food Service Director with an HCR Manorcare facility. I've worked with two other management companies in the Long-Term facilities. This has been by far my best experience.

This place, although it is frowned upon by upper management, budgets for an Assistant FSD position. This helps hedge against filling in for call offs as well as helps the overall quality of training, food production, employee morale, etc. The other two facilities I've worked at did not budget for this Assistant position. Only one manager. The end result was a poorly managed kitchen, because ultimately only one person can't succeed in the proper completion of the tasks of the job. This was ultimately my conclusion in the last facility I was at which led to me putting in my notice as the FSD there.

HCR Manorcare also is paying me more in this position than in the prior facility. I'm not sure if it's a corporate thing though, or just this particular facility given the need of the position. We're not located in a highly desirable area.

A good word of advice to any upper management within the company that may be reading this review is to budget for the Food Service Director Assistant position. The value of this position will help your facilities manage labor overtime, keep in regulatory compliance, help overall quality of food production, more hands-on training of staff that has a lower education standing with higher turnover positions, etc.. the case can be made pretty convincing.

Overall my experience with the company has been positive. I feel confident that we are one of the best nutrition teams in long-term care and the grass is only green with potential.
I have enjoyed learning al they have to teach
Admissions Director (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, PAMarch 17, 2015
It has been a great place to spend over 10 years working. I would love to spend 10 more with them. They have extensive training and opportunities to grow in the company.
Nursing home.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Kingston, PAMarch 9, 2015
It was a job like any other. It had its days where it wasn't a bad place to work, but you also had your days where you felt overwhelmed and not appreciated by management. At the end of the day you are there for the patients not the management. I worked there for 4.5 years.
Greatly appreciate the time spent with Heartland Hospice. Grateful for the opportunity to serve the midicates community, patients and their families.
Spiritual Care Coordintor/Chaplain (Former Employee), Hurst, TXMarch 9, 2015
Spiritual Care Coordinator for Heartland Hospice, Odysey Hospice and others. Please see resume for previous jobe experience and qualifications. Thank you.
Illegal emplyer practices, corporate micromanagement
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 8, 2015
Pros: part time hours
Cons: illegal and unfair working conditions
I worked as a "part time" admissions coordinator for 8 months and then left, completely fed up. I was asked to work full time more than half of the time that I worked there, for no benefits and no allowed overtime. I was encouraged not to take breaks, and there was no break room in which employees could take breaks, yet we were not allowed to eat at our desks either. I was required to punch out as if I had taken a meal break, and then have the guy doing payroll "fix" my check so corporate would stay off our backs. The constant micromanagement from corporate led to a lot of stress in the workplace. I left the company a couple of weeks ago and am considering reporting them to our state labor board. DO NOT WORK HERE!
nice except the DON
CNA (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIMarch 5, 2015
the DON is a bully and picks on certain aides. the place itself is a nice place to work. the place is a nice place due to the fact that I was paid a good amount for the job that I did.
Terrible
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHMarch 5, 2015
Pros: well, it's a job
Cons: no lunch, short staffed, no support from management, residents run the building
No chance for advancement. Short staffed, yet they continue to cut hours. Many call offs, and no replacement. Management & HR do not have any respect for their employees. They will accept any patient, no matter how inappropriate they are fr the facility. Longevity does not matter to current management. Nurses rarely get lunch breaks, and are not paid for it. Pay raise is negligible.
Wonderful nursing staff.
Acute care nurse/ Unit Supervisor (Former Employee), Catonsville, MDMarch 4, 2015
Pros: large variety of medical issues were encountered and were well managed.
Cons: gna team lacked compassion.
• Working with short term rehab patient, post operation recovery with large variety of medical conditions requiring nursing evaluation & management.
• Compete nursing assessment P & E upon admission, complete nursing care plans, communicate with the physician, Nurse manger, social worker, Physical therapy team, dietician, pharmacy and other team member.
• Audit all the charts, medications and update any changes with patient status and adjust care plans accordingly.
• Supervise GNA on the unit, ensure safety of the patients is maintained and follow the scheduled treatment plans.
Understaffed and overworked
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee), Rossville, MDMarch 4, 2015
This is a job that would only be good for PRN work. Working full time here causes burn out quickly. A typical work day consists of not enough nurses and too many patients. A lot of paperwork due to patients falling on the floor because the facility is understaffed and does not believe in any type of restraints
good compensation, educational advancement opportunities
L.P.N. charge nurse/staff nurse (Former Employee), Charleston, WVMarch 3, 2015
Long term care facility with adequate staff and competitive wage. opportunities for college tuition assistance and generous paid vacation and holiday pay.
The star rating says it all.
Director of Care Delivery/Admissions (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAMarch 3, 2015
I do not care to share why I rated this position so low. I have nothing bad to say about the facility as a whole, just about some changes and policies enacted that I feel had a negative impact.
Loved working there which I still did.
Wound Care Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 1, 2015
Pros: staff caring and hard working
Cons: never enough time in the day
typical day was busy but i like that. I learned r so much. I advanced quickly and was able to take that with me to my next career move. the staff was above average and still keep in contact with some of them.
Strengthens people skills
Receptionist (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: people, speaking, typing
Cons: sometimes it gets overwhelmingly busy
This job strenghthens your people as well as your typing skills. Extremely flexible and student friendly hours. Workers are very friendly and are always willing to help. Co-dependent environment.
Cook (Former Employee), south holland, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Worked here for more than 30 years and it was a great experience the whole time spent there. I worked in the kitchen and had to follow dietary guidelines and prepare for trayline operations for residents.
Productive and fun working place.
RN Supervisior skilled unit (Current Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: a continuous learning process.
Cons: short breaks...
My typical day at work is very busy, time management is a crucial part of my day because there is alot to do, so prioritizing helps me. Seeing my patients and helping them attain their rehabilitation goals makes my day. Also giving and getting hugs from them are a part of my day that I enjoy. Management here is a work in progress, especially after major changes/administrative losses have taking place. Love working here and will recommend people here.

1 2 3 4 5

About HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare, Inc. is a leading provider of short-term post-acute and long-term care. We have a nationwide network of more than – Read more

HCR ManorCare Salaries