HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

Horrible Management and Moral Atmosphere
Marketing (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 1, 2015
The moral was very low. I have worked in hospice for 20 years and when I came there I realized that with each person I met from the nurses to the admin, staff had a low quality of work experience. Never felt a team atmosphere. I believe it had to do with the management. I learned that before I came there was a huge firing of major management and staff. Quick replacements were hired and the management who are there are chaotic. But this seems to be the norm. Business as usual. I lasted only a few years before I needed to move on.
productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), alb nm 87109June 30, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no pto and benifits cost alot
I helped residents with all there needs and wants to be as active and productive in the needs of daily living. This included but not limited to bathing, grooming, walking, exercise, eating, vital sings and wound care. I was also responsible for charting in all my medical card charts during my shifts.
A wonderful place to work
STNA (Current Employee), Bucyrus, OHJune 27, 2015
The staff and residents at this facility make the work day enjoyable. I really enjoy coming into work each shift. I can honestly say that I learn so much from my residents each day I work.
productive and fun place to work
C.N.A (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJune 27, 2015
i loved working for this place it was a great experience. Because i got a work with one amazing people and I've learned a lot.
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJune 24, 2015
Pros: No Weekends!
Cons: keeping reliable staff
Get report from previous shift. Start medication rounds.
If family members were present, I would give report the them as to how their family member did during the night.
supervise and assist CNAs with turns and feeding.
Document as needed on computer.
Give report to oncoming staff
great human resources
Business Office Manager (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJune 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: sometimes late hours
Great place to work- human resources is awesome, benefits are great. Easy environment...easy dept heads to work with.
Fun place to work.
COTA/L (Current Employee), Boynton Beach, FLJune 21, 2015
Good place to work. Therapists work together to implement excellent Pt therapy sessions. Difficult at times but overall good work environment.
Home Away from Home
Nurse Aide (Current Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJune 20, 2015
Pros: Frequent Company Meetings, Give aways, Chance for Advancement, Great Pay Compensation
HCR is home away from home. Coworkers are great to work with and very supportive. The hardest part about my job is encountering patients you can never please. The most enjoyable part about my job is the flexibility
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAJune 18, 2015
Pros: they try to show appreciation to their co workers by giving free food party or cards, we received a turkey once for thanksgiving
Cons: short staffed at times, no benefits unless full time
They are good company to work for very encouraging and helpful when they could be when I was a new nurse. I enjoyed taking care of the patients and I got along pretty well with most of my co-workers. I learned a lot working there for three years as a nurse. When your a nurse your always learning something new through different situations. I think I'm a lot more confident now working as nurse before I started working as one. Once you get the hang of things and develop a routine it becomes easier. Hardest part of the job is when you go into work thinking your going to have a smooth day and something happens then your behind you really have to work hard to have good time management and stay organized. Your job can be harder when your not working as a team to get things accomplished. But overall I really enjoyed working there.
Flexible position, skilled therapists to work with
Per Diem Physical Therapist (Current Employee), New Providence, NJJune 17, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: as above
Overall an average LTC/SAR facility. Patient population varied, therapists a pleasure to work with. Nursing department short staffed. Patients often not washed, dressed and ready for therapy sessions making the overall day frustrating at times.
Fast-paced, vast array of diagnoses
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee), New Providence, NJJune 16, 2015
Pros: mentoring, exposure to CEUs
Cons: lack of staffing
Working for HCR ManorCare has been a very wholesome experience. I have been able to work with patients from a variety of cultural backgrounds, each with varying attitudes towards healthcare. Also, being in this sub-acute setting, I have been exposed to a large range of medical cases, ranging from easily treatable to very medically complex. The exposure has been wonderful, as far as being able to learn about differential diagnoses, contraindicative treatments, and how to treat medically complex patients.
Great place with good intensions
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Sewell, NJJune 15, 2015
I really liked my position and my co workers were great. I loved the residents and family members. All though things seemed to look good from the outside, it could really use some improvement in the management department. Overall its a good place to work if your looking for a fast paced job that pays well. I would recommend this company to others.
I learned the most in my nursing career as an employee of HCR Manor Care
Administrative Director of Nursing Services (Former Employee), Canton, OHJune 15, 2015
Pros: Working as a team to provide excellent care.
Cons: Working long hours and not always having adequate staffing.
I started with HCR ManorCare as an ADON and was promoted to DON. As a DON I gained superior customer service skills working with several residents and/orfamilies.
Great Work Environment
Human Resources Director/ Recruitment Manager (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJune 14, 2015
Being part of a National HealthCare Company is a great experience. In the current reimbursement environment of Health Care it is a great model instead of working for an Independent Mom and Pop company that must struggle for those valuable patients.

HCR ManorCare values their employees.
Was an outstanding place to work.
Food Service Director (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJune 12, 2015
Pros: Good pay, great bunch of peopl to work with, great environment, loved the residence
Cons: Long hours and heavy lifting
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the hours I worked. I loved interacting with the residents and felt like I was still able to make a difference in their lives.

The hardest part of the job was when a resident passed away. It was inevitable, but it was never easy seeing someone move to another facility or pass away. It was always a blessing and sad at the same time.
Ok employment
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 8, 2015
Pros: lunch
Cons: location
Not enough diversity, low pay, not much room for advancement, too many clicks and groups, not in my opinion a great place to work.
OMG
LPN (Former Employee), Plymouth MiJune 8, 2015
Pros: Pros????
Cons: Everything
The company could be so much better if only they tried. Best thing is the residents and the fact that one of the RN's is extremely helpful! They pile admissions in the building at all times of day, which is terrible, overwhelming and stressful. The DCD'S are clueless and useless. There is no team work and its more of a psych facility then a nursing home. My advice believe what you hear, its truly a terrible sad place!
Unrealistic expectations and unappreciated
Case Manager (Former Employee), Heartland Hospice Baltimore Md.June 3, 2015
Pros: the patients and their families
Cons: unrealistict workload
work by the minute. can never get the job done. hostile explosive work envioment, bullied on a daily basis. no computers the paperwork is outrageous. no support from management or administration. no feeling of satisfaction because the job can not be completed.
Would not recommend this facility to anyone
Staff Development Coordinator/Scheduler (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJune 2, 2015
Pros: PT/OT are good
Cons: Management, No breaks, you get written up if you don't take a lunch even if there is no one to cover your residents
If you value your license, the care the residents the receive, and are looking to become a valued employee, this is not the place for you. I worked in management and have first hand knowledge that corporate places value on profit and doesn't provide the staff with sufficient resources to care for the residents as they should be. Administrators are rewarded with bonuses for keeping costs low (which means not bringing in agency when extremely understaffed, or buying adequate supplies to provide treatment as needed). They are a "for profit" organization and unfortunately the residents and staff members suffer to put money in someone else's pockets. I was informed from numerous staff members that they were told to falsify documentation to keep them out of trouble from state. There is one AREA THAT THEY excel in and that is their OT/PT department. The long term residents are the ones suffering. Because the facilities customer service scores come from the rehab department this is where they focus their efforts. They also receive payment from private payor sources as opposed to Medicaid/medicare (which we all know pays less) so the residents who are paying privately are a priority. PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE PLACING YOUR LOVED ONES HERE or JOINING THIS FACILITY AS A PART OF THEIR TEAM.
Very poor
not an employee anylonger (Former Employee), bay city, miJune 2, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: No support and rude managers
This company makes alot if promises. But does not deliver. Expects you to work alot of OT, and because you are salary you wind up making minimum wage. . Not worth the stress.

1 2 3 4 5

About HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare, Inc. is a leading provider of short-term post-acute and long-term care. We have a nationwide network of more than – Read more

HCR ManorCare Salaries