HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare Employer Reviews

fun and educational
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Carmel, INJanuary 23, 2015
talked with seniors on daily basis. Took care in cleaning their rooms, meet the family of the resident knew most of the families by name. Had fun talking with seniors they had great stories to talk of when they were younger.
Great Ability to Advance
Business Office Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 21, 2015
ManorCare offers a wonderful growth potential, however, you have to be able to balance the workload with the excessive conference calls and extreme management style of those who are not even in the building.
Hard work
Nurses aide (Former Employee), Kingston, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Checking on residents. Reporting any changes I may find. The hardest part of the job was watching the residents slowly pass away.
a satisfying feeling when you know your making a difference in someone else`s life
cna (Former Employee), green bayJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: vacation and sick time.double time for holidays.
Cons: working every other weekend and every other holiday
a typical day would be"hit the floor running"getting anywhere from 8-10 residents up and ready for breakfast including bathing,dressing,toileting.brushing hair and teeth.managing my time to assure everyone is in the dining room (including me) on time.aiding in passing out meals and assisting in helping them eat.making sure hallways and rooms are clutter free and clean,making beds organizing closets and drawers.answering call lights and preforming any tasks they are asking.touching base with the nurse on any changes in resident pain or behaviors.the hardest part of my job would be not being able to satisfy a resident for any reason.ie not getting along with room mate,getting pain under control,family issues......the most enjoyable part of the job is the comradery with fellow team mates and getting that smile from a resident thats hard to please.i could go home and feel good about my day.
Great Place To Work!
Nurse (Former Employee), Platteville WIJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, good pay
The whole team is like family! Coworkers and management staff are friendly and always help each other out! Wonderful working atmosphere and patients are treated great!
They want blood from a turnip
Office Staff (Former Employee), midwestJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: some nice people
Cons: being under the corporate foot
The environment is full of stress and unbelievable expectations. The corporate entity cares nothing about people as human beings and expect 7 people to do the job of 25. The procedures are ridiculous and the computer system is the worse in the world. They have procedures that take up so much time that Medicare doesn't even require and everyone is overworked. The nurses, the therapists and the office workers. All they care about is money. If they cared about people they would make sure the workers were compensated for the amount of work they do. A nurse can't even keep up. The amount of paper work is unreal and so the patient suffers. As a nurse it is obvious that the care more about admitting patients than the entire patient care.
productive and professional working environment
Certified Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Chevy Chase, MDJanuary 13, 2015
7.5 hours of interactions with various families and direct patient care. I learnt patience and the hardest part never existed. i enjoyed the smiles i put on my resident's faces everyday.
Co workers and residents make the job enjoyable
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: feeling like i made someone forget their pains and put a smile on their face.
Cons: we work short all the time, and i believe the residents will be the one to suffer, another con is everyone hire part-time help but dosent want to give you any benifits, that is terrible especially sense we work in the medical field.
This is a different side of nursing for me. I always worked in the hospitals with a max of six patients. In the Nursing home you might have 30patients. One of the differences that I wish I could change is the time spent with the patient, sometime they just want someone to talk to . My co workers work well together
Manor Care was a great place of employment!
Food Service Director (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: staff, residents, food
The employees at Manor Care made you feel like you had one great big family, everyone helped one another out and looked out for each other. You enjoyed coming to work everyday and seeing fellow co workers and patients that you grew close to.
fun and enjoyable
CNA/GNA (Former Employee), Chevy Chase, MDJanuary 12, 2015
I have always enjoyed helping others so working with this company was an opportunity for me to express that feeling. It was a great pleasure working there with my hard working colleagues.
Bad Job
Human Resource Director (Former Employee), Midwest CityJanuary 12, 2015
Bad Business as the Human Resource Director I do not recommend this job. The management do not care about the workers. Do not work here. The company is under investigate. I will never work here again
Census driven, Corporate non sympathetic
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: loved my coworkers
Cons: census driven poor management
Case manager RN for over 2 years..Poor management. Unsupportive. Working greater than 60-70 hours weekly with demanded late admissions and oncall. No appreciation. No work/life balance. No field support. Corporate cares more about census and issues unrealistic expectations to RN case loads. Cutbacks on supplies and meds makes for dissatisfied customers. Work all day, oncall all night and back to work, management unsympathetic.
Senior and Rehab facility
Social Service Assist (Former Employee), Avon, INJanuary 11, 2015
The senior nursing and rehab facility assists residents better the physical and psychosocial abilities. The facility seemed to have a high turn over rate of administrators and admission directors that placed quite a bit of untrained work on the shoulders of the staff. The training for the most part didn't seem to happen as it should have, which would have made the job a much more productive one.
mistreated hostel work environment
wish not to say (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: awesome residents to be with and some staff members
Cons: lazy ness boss doesn't think before she speaks rude
Don't apply at the Greentree location lazy ness boss rude doesn't think before she speaks best of luck to the next AA code job description
Highly reccomend this company
LPN / Charge Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee), Greenville, OHJanuary 10, 2015
Great place to work, excellent management. Most staff members have been employed greater than 10 years. I have nothing but positive things to say about this company.
Management Cares
STNA (Current Employee), Pleasantville, OHJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: caring environment
This is a good place to work as an STNA. Management treat you like they care about you personally. The company offers really good benefits, which is rare for this position.
Horrible!!
lpn (Former Employee), barberton, ohJanuary 8, 2015
Cons: poor management, understaffed.
This was my very first LPN job out of school, they were absolutely unprofesional. Asked me to do things that were moraly wrong!! Stayed 3 months then ran. Poor pt care, very understaffed, wouldn't recommend this company.
fun place to work
PRN (Current Employee), toledo ohioJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: tough popluation
Day consists of treating between 8 and 16 patients a day with various therapy time. I learned beneficial information from my supervising OTR which benefits my growing career.
hcr Manorcare
House Keeper (Former Employee), Urbana, ILJanuary 5, 2015
I enjoyed this job. Work was steady, offered job security until I moved away. Enjoyed my co-workers and my supervisors where all very professional and understanding. Offered benifits even to part time employees
Loved it
CNA (Former Employee), Dallastown, PAJanuary 4, 2015
Loved this place. If I still lived in PA, I would still be there!

1 2 3 4 5

About HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare, Inc. is a leading provider of short-term post-acute and long-term care. We have a nationwide network of more than – Read more