HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare United States Employee Reviews

worst place to work, horrible benefits
hospice nurse (Former Employee), Independence ohioMay 2, 2015
Pros: getting out to save my license
Cons: every part of company is a con
Absolutely horrible conditions to work under. There is no limit on your caseload. They'll keep adding new admits regardless of how overworked you are. Census driven management, does not care about their employees. Management is full of sneaky people who constantly back stab you. If you arent in good standing with management they make your life miserable. Management only promotes their puppets.Their census growth comes first, your family and life come last. Corporate knows how many people come and go from the field staff and they don't care. Benefits are horrible even if you pick best plan. Don't be fooled, if you value your license, run while you can. On call is an absolute joke, be prepared for minimum 8 to 10 nights of on call per month
HAD GOOD TIMES THERE WITH ALL THE STAFF AND RESIDENTS IT WAS VERY FAMILY ORIENTED UNTIL IT WAS BOUGHT OUT FROM PRIVATE OWNER TO PUBLIC
LPN Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee), Allen Park, MIMay 1, 2015
Pros: I TRULLY ENOYED GOING TO MY JOB EVERYDAY
Cons: WENT FROM PRIVATE OWNED TO PUBLIC
ADMINISTERING MEDICATIONS AND TREATMENTS TO PATIENTS.CHARTING.PHYSICIANS ORDERS.THIS WAS MY FIRST JOB OUT OF NURSING SCHOOL I WAS TAUGHT ALOT AND GUIDED UNDER THE BEST DIRECTOR OF NURSING THERE EVER WAS.THERE WAS GOOD OVERTIME AVAILABLE.THE PAYRATE WAS GOOD.HOLIDAY PAY GOOD AND YEARLY RAISES WHERE GREAT
Awesome place
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Theres always a helping hand with staff.
Cons: NONE
Getting residents up and ready for their day or any appointments they have.
Help feeding if needed.
Take vitals
Cookouts in the summer.
Working for ManorCare has been an interesting experience.
COTA/L (Current Employee), Dallastown, PA.April 27, 2015
A typical day will include treating patients on a schedule which has been devised by the Team Leader. The COTA/L and OTR/L will communicate with each other throughout the day regarding the progress that patients are making, changes that may need to take place to ensure the patient is successful in therapy and ensure that documentation is kept up to date and follows Manorcare standards.
stay away from this one
Supervisor, Nurse (Former Employee), Catonsville, MDApril 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything about the place
0.5 Catonsville, Maryland
Turn over rate is extremely high, not only with nursing but other department heads. You will barely make 90 days and there will be write ups in that time period. Management is non supportive, with a unit manager that would rather have her own team of patients to shoe up the other nurses.
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee), Palos Heights, ILApril 23, 2015
Pros: Free lunches at times
Cons: No breaks at times
This is a very good place to work, but they do not promote from within, Compensation could have been better, the most enjoyable was my coworkers and the residents
great place to work :)
RN Supervisor (Current Employee), BarbertonApril 22, 2015
Pros: staffing, management, friendly place
I have worked with the company for many years. I was able to begin as a nursing assistant and work my way up to an RN position there. Staff is really nice. I have taken care of some complex patients on the skilled unit, which was really nice because I was able to utilize my nursing skills. I had thought about going to a hospital setting after finishing my BSN, but instead decided to stay because the staff really cares, administration really cares and the patients become like family! I have and will continue to recommend Manorcare Barberton to nurses looking for a job, because it has been an awesome place to work!
Lack of Respect for Employees
Management Staff (Former Employee), Southeast regionApril 22, 2015
Pros: None that I can think of.
Cons: No part time benefits. Upper level management not invested in employees. Lack of job security.
The company is fueled by one thing, the bottom line. While the building you are in may be filled with good people who try hard to make it a good place to work, upper level management is always making things impossible. Regional management is not invested in the employees who make the day to day operation run and openly dis-value our role. The benefits for part time employee are non-existent. I have never been a professional employee that has not received any form of benefits when part time. I cannot say enough how disappointed I am with the policy within this company and the lack of investment they have in their employees.
Friendly environment, strong company
Internetworking Specialist (Former Employee), Toledo, OHApril 20, 2015
Pros: Friendly, Benefits, Atmosphere
Cons: Low Salary
Enjoyed working with the employees, a little behind in technology, but working towards it with limited staff. Benefits were good, salaries a bit under average.
no job security, unbalanced atmosphere
Certified Nursing Asst (Current Employee), Laureldale, PAApril 17, 2015
no commitment to employees. factory run, get in do the job and get out. no proactive response to anything up to and including scabies outbreak
Great Place to Work
COTA/L (Current Employee), Hanahan, SCApril 15, 2015
The staff work great together. Management team grows better every year. Everyone very professional and like family. I enjoy coming to work daily.
Cared for others
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAApril 15, 2015
While working at manor care was a great experience, it also was a stressful job. Getting close to the elder. Taking care of them like they were my own family. Loved my co-workers. Management could use some improvement.
Productive and fun place to work
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, MOApril 14, 2015
Pros: great team, organization, flexible schedule
Cons: nursing carryover, no ceu reimbursement benefits
At Manorcare you can start your day between 500 a.m. and 830 a.m. on a typical day. You pull your schedule out of the schedule book. most of the time our boss gives us a pretty set shed each day with the same therapist working with the same patients at the same time whenever possible. that is one hard job and we are very spoiled by the awesome organization. My co-workers all get along great and collaborate together on patient cases to maximize therapy benefit for all. The hardest part of the job is recommending someone having to leave their home. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing people get better and go home. and even better come back and see us.
Hard on Long term employees
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Jackson, MIApril 13, 2015
I have worked at this company for many years, I've seen busy times and slow times. I work in one of HCR's many Skilled Nursing and Rehab Centers. Management changes constantly as well as the nursing staff. Our building is old and has a bad reputation, however most will tell you they only come for the therapy. Over the years I've grown to love my residents and some of my short term rehab patients have come back and returned home again. This company does nothing for its true committed staff.
Funplace to work
ADON (Current Employee), Dayton, OHApril 12, 2015
Pros: friendly co worker
Cons: busy day all the time
funplace to work, they embrace you with open arms and make u feel at home. Busy at times but we work as team, we support and help each other.
Fun Place
State Tested Nursing Assistant/RNA (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 10, 2015
Pros: Always had a job
Cons: No room for advancement
I was in charge of taking care of 16 patients. I learned time management. I trained new STNAS. Hardest part of the job was getting attached to watch them die
Good place to work with good coworkers
Cerified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Davenport, IAApril 9, 2015
Pros: working with a lot of good friends, the hours.
Cons: short breaks, sometimes we're short staffed
A typical day at work would be getting there at 6 and helping people get up and dressed for the day, Then after breakfast we would start showers and stuff like that.I learned that you have to work as a team with your coworker because they need your help and vice versa. I think the hardest part of my job is getting attached to the residents. We say them everyday,even more than our own families and they get to know us and how lives. Its definitely hard to get attached to people knowing that one day their not going to be there anymore. The most enjoyable part of my job when I can connect with residents or they say that really made my day that you helped me with something,
They talk a good game...but...
RN (Former Employee), Highland Park, ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management and administration
This was my 1st nursing job and I was terminated for something I did not do.
A very shady place to work, esp the DON and administrator. The only person that was worth a plug nickle was the HR lady-she was a gem.

Extremely high turn over at all levels.
Counterproductive, accepts unsafe patients
LPN (Former Employee), North Hills, PaApril 8, 2015
Pros: Hire quickly
Cons: Low pay rate, no incentives, vacation after one year, poor benefits, management
Unorganized skilled nursing. Supervisors are not helpful and inconsistent. Facility accepts patients that needs aren't suitable for what facility offers. Terrible staffing of course. Lazy, attitudes with CNAs. Pay rate sucks, even with experience. Hours aren't flexible.
The boss did not care about the employee and she was not afraid to show it.
NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 8, 2015
Pros: I loved being around my older patients I enjoyed hearing stories about their past lives, it taught me a lot about life and sometimes I felt as if I where part of there family, this is what always kept a smile on my face even if I was having one of my off days, my patients is what kept me going and what made me want to show up for work.
Cons: Sometimes you worked and got no breaks, you will have to punch out and go back to work so you will not get paid for over time, It is not a place to work for the weak, I learn to have deal with a lot of unfriendly people and always kept a positive attitude.
This job is a learning experience. There was a lot of favoritism and you would know if you where one of their favorite, most of the time you would have to work short which means 12 patients to one Aid and the nurses would not help even if you ask for help.

1 2 3 4 5

About HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare, Inc. is a leading provider of short-term post-acute and long-term care. We have a nationwide network of more than – Read more

HCR ManorCare Salaries