HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare Employer Reviews

Strengthens people skills
Receptionist (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: people, speaking, typing
Cons: sometimes it gets overwhelmingly busy
This job strenghthens your people as well as your typing skills. Extremely flexible and student friendly hours. Workers are very friendly and are always willing to help. Co-dependent environment.
Cook (Former Employee), south holland, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Worked here for more than 30 years and it was a great experience the whole time spent there. I worked in the kitchen and had to follow dietary guidelines and prepare for trayline operations for residents.
Productive and fun working place.
RN Supervisior skilled unit (Current Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: a continuous learning process.
Cons: short breaks...
My typical day at work is very busy, time management is a crucial part of my day because there is alot to do, so prioritizing helps me. Seeing my patients and helping them attain their rehabilitation goals makes my day. Also giving and getting hugs from them are a part of my day that I enjoy. Management here is a work in progress, especially after major changes/administrative losses have taking place. Love working here and will recommend people here.
Fellow therapists were great
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Farmington, MIFebruary 16, 2015
Great people to work with. Work stressors could be a bit difficult due to high productivity standards.
The hardest part of job was maintaining a balance of quality and quantity as directed by management.
YES A WONDERFUL PLACE TO BE EMPLOYED
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Yeadon, PAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: meal
ITS BEEN A WHILE TIME SINCE I WORK THERE CANT EXPLAIN BUT I KNOW THAT ITS WAS A CLEAN RESPECTFUL PLACE.........................
Good as a last/only resort
RN Supervisor (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: good chance for varied experience, residents are great
Cons: petty staff, don, no support from management or hr
Always expect to work short staffed. When it was brought up to the DON, I was told " Deal with it. Welcome to nursing." DON micromanages entire facility. She is disrespectful to staff, even to the point of doing so in front of other staff, families and residents. She has personally over rode Doctor's orders resulting in serious harm to residents. Unfortunately, she is undergoing personal health issues and takes her anger out on those around her.
Many of staff are extremely petty and actually work against each other. It is every nurse for themselves. Each individual shift is a clique and it is rare for one to help another, but their are exceptions. They seem to be rewarded for doing so. Call outs are constant resulting in short staffing at last minute. Basically, people do not want to work there under the circumstances. Many quit on the spot.
There are many long term residents there that make the job enjoyable. They can see first hand some of the things I listed as issues, and because of that, they not only sympathize with their caregivers, but they are really appreciative of the good care they get when they receive it. They were the only part of the facility I truly miss.
great place and friendly staff
Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Canton, MIFebruary 11, 2015
Contracting company, worked with Home care companies for home bound patients. Great work ethics, friendly work environment. Great facility, well maintained.
Provided with advancement opportunities
Nursing Home Administrator (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, PAFebruary 10, 2015
I began my career with HCR Manor Care in 2001 as an Activities Director and advanced to a Nursing Home Administrator. The company promotes from within, giving opportunities the staff willing to gain knowledge and experiences. The most enjoyable part of my time with HCR Manor Care was the management. They were extremely encouraging and would challenge me to grow as a leader.
dietary aide
dietary aide (Former Employee), troy MichiganFebruary 8, 2015
Too many responsibilities for one person. Can't get the hang of things because they got you doing to many at one time. Not enough hours
Ok place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 8, 2015
Was able to learn the industry. Good way to learn collaboration with people. Ability to work with numerous people within the company. I liked this job.
Sucked the life out of me
LPN (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: left with my integrity intact
Cons: nursing management, administration
Long hours with no real potential for advancement. Absolutely no support from management. Human resource was a joke who never looked out for staff. This place eventually ran out all the nurses who were not afraid to voice an opinion about working conditions and replaced them with ones who were willing to follow like sheep.
Sucked the life out of me
LPN (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: left with my integrity intact
Cons: nursing management, administration
Agressive skilled employer
Divisional Director Business Office Support (Current Employee), Atlantic CoastalFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: work/life balance
Highly competitive environment with room for advancement. Compensation for the industry leader is not always in line with the rest of the market.
Rude
Nurse Aid (Former Employee), Sinking Spring PAFebruary 4, 2015
Cons: health care, not high school student friendly, pay was bad, no vaction/time off
Never gave me time off for school events, people didn't want to help, very short breaks, manipulative. Very bad experience.
Scrit Professional
GNA (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 4, 2015
Cons: not enough hours if you are part time
I love everything about Manor Care, the training was very helpful and detailed they pay is also good. they are very friendly and welcomed me in soon as I was hired
horrible
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAFebruary 3, 2015
Cons: everything
shady, unprofessional.. The past 3 years at manor care have been horrible .. The staffing sucks. To much work and not enough staff members to do the work ,nor pay
Certified Nursing Assistant
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Sparks, NVFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: exposure to patient care
Cons: equipment not always available
Transfer
Log Out take of Urine
Patient Awareness
Incontinence Care
Learned:
How to do short cuts without compromising patient care
Co-Workers:
TeamPlayers
Hardest Part of Job:
Obtaining Equipment when needed
Most Enjoyable about Job:
Got to Know the patients
i learned a wide variety of things
state tested nursing assistant (Former Employee), 16010 euclid beachJanuary 31, 2015
a typical day at work consisted of me doing variuos different task. vital sign documentations,intake an output recordings.
ALL WAS WELL
Plant Operations Director (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLJanuary 30, 2015
ALL WAS WELL
BOULEVARD MANOR WAS A HUGE AND OLD FACILITY, ALL WHO WAS THERE EMPLOYED WAS WORKING THERE A LONG TIME.
THE TEAM STARTED TO FALL APART AFTER MGMNT WAS SHAKEN UP
The overall teamwork and attitude of the work place was a great place to be at
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day would be helping my patients with daily tasks such as feeding them, personal hygiene, etc.I learned a lot from my folks and my co-workers,like how to manage my time,how to talk to patients family and how to follow instructions from my nurses especially when it comes to the patient's safety.Working with my co-workers is really amazing. They are so helpful.But the hardest part of the job is when some Family members are so demanding it's really hard to deal with them. But I have to be very patience all the time.The enjoyable part of the job,beside made my patients happy and comfy,when we having a party at work or potluck ,eating together.and when I heard compliments from the Bosses.

1 2 3 4 5

About HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare, Inc. is a leading provider of short-term post-acute and long-term care. We have a nationwide network of more than – Read more