HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,385 reviews matching the search
Incompetent management
Resident Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMay 23, 2017
The physical aspect of the building is phenomenal for the residents.
One of the greatest part of the job was the ability to care for the residents. The dynamics of the 8 hour shift allowed the nurse to focus on the residents. The hardest part was watching the caregivers being underpaid which led to poor care for the residents. Management was not well educated which contributed to deficiencies in care, poor client/family relationship and substandard hiring of caregivers.
Pros
great physical facility for the residents
Cons
poor management
Working at Manorcare Boulder
RN (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 23, 2017
I started my healthcare career here and I learned a lot along the way! I however wanted more acute care experience and ultimately want to work L&D or mom/baby.
Dynamic facility with opportunities to learn!
LPN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 23, 2017
A typical day at work is filled with med administration and treatments. Documenting services provided is a priority. I learned a lot about Doctor's orders and coordinating care. Management is committed daily to meeting the needs of patients and residents.
The work place culture is always trying to true up to integrity with rules and regulations to serve the public with excellent care.
The hardest part of the job is completing assignments, communications and documentation in a timely manner.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity be apart of a team comitted to excellent care.
Pros
Therapy and Activities for residents to enhance life skills and create variety in their lives.
Cons
insurance co-pays are expensive
was good till new administrator
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 22, 2017
I loved working there until the new administrator showed up and made changes that seemed completely unneccesary the resident care started to decline so I left
Friendly enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 22, 2017
My daily work routine involved assisting clients from beginning to end on securing Medicaid benefits as they entered facilities. Customer service provided to the family members and general office duties.
Pros
Jean day on Fridays
Cons
Short breaks
Not much pay
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILMay 21, 2017
I worked here for a long time because it fit my school schedule. That's the only positive thing I can say about it. My fellow workers were lazyand they created a depressing atmosphere
productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MD 20774May 20, 2017
work load is high , nice place to work and rewarding if you are interesting in the healthcare . management is not the best and the nurses there are not bad
Great Residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 19, 2017
Great Residents, amazing staff for the most part, fast paced, unpredictable, good management, and some of the best Nurses , Cna's, PT's and OT's in the business
Pros
Great Residents
Cons
Weekends off every six weeks
Talks a good game, but often does not follow through
Reimbursement Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 19, 2017
Learned to do Medicare and Medicaid cost reports here
Management was totally disconnected from workers
Teams were best part of job - We learned that pulling our portion of the load really made a difference
Pros
Parking garage subsidized fee
Cons
No direction as to how to advance
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 18, 2017
check to-do list and start my job. I learned how to cope with people didn't want to. great management team. I love my job because of the residence. You can have a bad day and u go to work and they will put a smile on your face just like that.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
cant use phone
Good Company
Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.) (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMay 18, 2017
A good company to work for has it's ups and downs however will work with you and appreciates it's staff. I would work for ths company more times than one and I have.
Short-staffed
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 18, 2017
Typically short staffed, fighting between units in regards to staffing discrepancies. When short staffed usually have 20 its for med pass and treatments. Management could care less, they just want to go home in time. If it was consistently staffed, it would be ok place to work.
Pros
good coworkers most of time
Cons
management, favoritism between units, short-staffed
Wouldn't recommend to friend
LPN/RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAMay 17, 2017
High turnover rate for staff and management. Most patients and families appeared unhappy with quality of care due to staffing shortages. Very nice facility.
constantly changing employees
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMay 17, 2017
I believe that the change in employees so often effects the way the company runs, and the way the employees perform. I think the most enjoyable part of my job is helping the residents with everyday cares that they can not perform themselves. Helping the residents and taking the time to talk with them really brings joy to them and myself. The CNA's at manor care are very good to work with, they help each other when the need is there.
Pros
residents, nice coworkers
Cons
constantly changing employees, not easy to get time off for personal events.
Stressful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 16, 2017
I worked here for almost 4 years, the turn over rate was high. They were always short staffed but it was always a lot of hours to work, they had great benifits and the new remodeling make the place look better
Pros
Shift pay
Cons
Short staffed
Fun working with the Alzheimer patients
CNA (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed going to work everyday and knowing what I was going to do. I had a great experience being able to work in the Alzheimer's Unit. I did not like the Management.
Pros
Permanent Assignment
Cons
Management sucks
cleaning
Housekeeping / Laundry (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHMay 12, 2017
go in and start working ,clean rooms some times talk to who was in there rooms .clean the bathrooms if they didnt help with some thing they would ask for your help,i like the girls i worked with
Pros
pay to low
Cons
nice friends i worked with
not the best evironment
Human Resource Director (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAMay 12, 2017
this company did not value employees. The administrator did not care about the role of HR and following policies. Policy was only enforced on employees the administrator did not like.
The management staff is cut throat and not encouraging
Master Level Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 11, 2017
I do not particularly like working with this environment. I prefer working with children and families. The pay is good. There is way too much work for what they are paying. TOOOOO Much work.
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 11, 2017
It's a great place to work at. The residents are who matter there. The pay could be a little better for all the hard working workers.Need better food for residents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCR ManorCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9