HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

Review
PT (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaAugust 31, 2015
Working with rehab and long term patients with a goal of improving QOL and for some, returning home. Interdisciplinary meetings with other staff members as well.
I miss the patients/families but not the company.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILAugust 28, 2015
Pros: fellow employees are trying their best
Cons: Supervisers and Office staff are completely apathetic
Staff are promised everything on hire; then management insist the staff perform like a machine when it is convenient for the office schedule. The supervisory and office communication toward field staff is dismal. As of 2015, they are still not computerized. They spend thousands on marketing but minimal on nursing staff. Lowest paid in the area. I had to give them 2 stars, because the program wouldn't allow 1.
poor upper management
employee (Current Employee), Kingston CourtAugust 24, 2015
Very little care and concern about the employees or patients. Too many of the healthcare providers for there only for a paycheck and not to do a good job. Management stays to themselves with very limited interaction with employees or patients. Staff are not held accountable for their actions. Favorites are well known.
None at this time
CENA (Current Employee), Whitehall, MIAugust 20, 2015
Great management. Residents are a blessing. Co-workers have great teamwork skills. .Good salary. An overall good place to be employed.
In the Kitchen
Staff (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAAugust 19, 2015
It used to be great place to be, the former director cared much the food prepared, always in stock, good quality of food. Helpful, approachable manager, does work in the kitchen help the staff. But now the current manager does not care much. Cannot even supervise and direct his employees. Even the products needed not enough always ran out. Patients are complaining the food sucks, undercooked. Poor quality... We are serving to the seniors/old people; many have health issues. Understaffed, many are cancelled for how many days, yet no overtime allowed. Intense !!!
Fun place to work
LPN (Current Employee), PAAugust 18, 2015
A typical day is fun place to work. The experience is great! My co-workers is outstanding! I enjoy my job! I'm really, really learning a lot!
great learning
Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Wallingford, PAAugust 18, 2015
good learning experience, lots of settings and medical experience
great place for beginners to work very family oriented
Manor Care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Topeka KansasAugust 17, 2015
Pros: my patients
Cons: getting used to death
This company is a corporate care facility for skilled nursing and assisted living parties. We took care of patients that either lived there permanently or were recovering from hospital procedures and working with the therapy department in order to return home. The hardest part of this job is realizing that you can only do your part. You cannot make others do their jobs the proper way, and when other peoples' lives are in your hands its hard to watch things go undone. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to put a smile on the face of a patient who has no family that comes to visit and no apparent reason to find happiness within themselves. When you can make a sick person smile, or an elderly woman with no memory laugh, it far outweighs the bad.
schedule was fabulous
Weekend Manager/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 14, 2015
Pros: 2=day work week
Cons: No free meals
16-hr shifts are long and grueling at times but overall, it worked for me. Friendly atmosphere and good food. Prompt help by most of the LPN and several of the CNA....when you could find them.
dont work here
residential care giver (Former Employee), allentownAugust 14, 2015
Pros: patients
Cons: managment and pay
There is nothing but drama. The bosses are jen and sharon. Both of them are fake as ever. The pay is terrible. U will start at 9.40 and dont even think that they give raises because they dont. Its a whole lot of work with no advancement. Most of the employees turn on each other. Dont work there, too many females and whole lot of drama. Not worth the time. Just do homecare.
CNA
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Yardley, PAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Good Teamwork, Leinient Supervisors, Consistent Assignment
I worked in Yardley. The pay rate was 10/hr and I loved my supervisors. they where helpful and understanding. Fun place to work at. Dining room assignment is a breeze. gives a break from wiping butts
A day at work,
cna (Current Employee), gigharborAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Manangment sucks
Cons: non
i dont like it here the new managment sucks the director of nursing is so disprespectuful and taking nurses sides over nursing assisnts side even that the nurses are wrong
The benefits are terrible
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee), Largo, MDAugust 8, 2015
The company's salary scale is ridiculous, though the staff is wonderful to work with, you learn a lot of skills though.
The hard part of it all is that you work so hard, but the environment most of time does not commesurate with the pay.
Very unprofessional atmosphere.
CNA (Former Employee), pottstown paAugust 8, 2015
I would not recommend anyone working for this company. If you want to work long hours and overtime with no support and no pay increase this is the job for you! Never enough staff and management will screw you over if it will help them.
Not a good place to work. Management not part of a team environment and most of the time it's understaffed. If you value your license keep looking.
RN (Former Employee), Marietta, OhioAugust 6, 2015
Pros: All the overtime you want since they can't keep staff
Cons: Scheduled for every holiday and pay is poor.
Understaffed most of the time and no chance for advancement. Management takes extended lunch breaks while others don't get a lunch break. No teamwork in this environment!
Wonderful place for patients and staff.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore MDAugust 6, 2015
I learned a lot of skills in this facility, and a lot about patient care. I enjoyed working with this staff and the patient population.
Do not apply here
Happy to be a former employee (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVAugust 5, 2015
If you value you license, do NOT apply for a job here. Management protects poor if not border line dangerous employees. Before even applying for a job here, do research about this place.
A nice place to work
Therapeutic Activity Assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunchon
Cons: not always having enough staff to work
A nice place to work with different locations to work. If you are looking to relocate in state or out of state. The coworker where nice people to work with and offer a helping handing when they come.
Unsafe and mismanaged place to work.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Geneva, IlAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: mismanagement
It use to be a good place to work if you enjoy helping others but over time the main focus and goal for the Company was and still is making money at any cost including admitting people who belong in different kind of facilities (nursing homes or mental facilities). It puts other residents as well as caregivers in unsafe environment. Direct staff is mostly great, trying to do their best but it is mostly not being appreciated by the management.
Keep looking!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 3, 2015
Pros: They offer some pretty poor health ins.
Cons: Awful staff moral, understaffed, unreasonable work load, dictative management
This was by far the absolute worst facility I have ever worked at. Staff was treated poor and the raises were degrating. Management was quick to add more work to employees but neglected to look at acuity of patients and the way we worked under staffed practically every day. Poor teamwork and amazing lack of communication. Patients were not cared for in the way that they should be and sometimes we would have 4-5 falls a shift. This place brought me to tears almost every day. I wouldn't recommend it to a single soul.
Headquarters