HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,799 reviews matching the search
True Generalist Job
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 25, 2016
The HRD position is a true generalist position, you are responsible for all human resources needs for staff up to 250 employees. I enjoy my peers and the day-to-day work is not too bad.

Because the company is privately owned, I feel as though compensation is an issue for every position in the company outside of the Admissions Department.

At times, the workload can be a bit overwhelming depending on what initiatives are being pushed on top of your day-to-day work.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
Stay away from HCR Arlington VA
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 23, 2016
This place is horrible. Over worked staffs, 29 patients for each nurse. Management sucks. All management is care about is their interest. They gossip about their colleagues instead of educating them about their mistakes. All they do is to sit in the eagle room and talk about how idiotic the African nurses are. They don't care of patients and their staff. Always short of staffs and supplies.
Pros
Break room
Cons
Bad place to work
Nurse Assistants
House Keeping/ Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDJune 22, 2016
The same company I was before housekeeping after I take CNA class I become nurse assistant. I really love working with patients. I learned how to manger 25 patients.I enjoy working with my co-workers, and my supervisor was nice. my hardest part was the payment was not good.
Walk Away!!!
CNA (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 22, 2016
Horrible place!! Pay is bad they remodeled the rehab unit halls and nurse desk but no pay raise for employees who work short on regular basis. Bathroom sink faucets turn every way but right, shower room bad too hot or too cold. Nurses pull meds early then get mad when patient ask for it. Food terrible and kitchen lady that works evening is so rude to staff and patient family sometime don't get dinner trays til 7. Kitchen staff hate giving extra food to patients but stay leaving with boxes themselves. This place is a joke
Pros
No lifting, patients are nice (most)
Cons
Too many to list
Last resort job opportunity
Hospitality Aide (Former Employee) –  Union, SCJune 21, 2016
This place will hire you u,ser false pretenses.
Hire for one position and then have you doing several others
Hired for hospitality side which is assisting the resident in assistant living, which was explained as make beds and help into shower as they clean themselves. False. We were fully bathing people, lifting people transferring people.
( We are untrained to do so) Total housekeeping, laundry, we served meals, receptionists, and we did med passes.. All for minimum wages... It's awful and the employees are highly unappreciated...
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everything about this job
Unsafe Work Environment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 20, 2016
It's not worth the liability to work here, this facility operates under unsafe conditions for both patients and staff. Understaffing leaves nurses stressed out and vulnerable to making mistakes that could potentially jeopardize their license. Mandations are a staffing solution and you never get out of work on time. Cutting corners is a way of life, as long as things look good on paper the issues never have to be addressed.
Employee turnover is very high, most of the time staff has no idea what they're doing, they don't offer orientation or adequate training and the majority of shifts are worked by temp agency nurses because they can't keep their own nurses. Very stressful and hostile work environment, lots of gossiping and finger pointing, "veteran" nurses and management are quick to criticize and complain about new hires instead of standing up for ethical working conditions.

The workload expected to be carried at this for-profit, corporate, insurance money grab is degrading to the nursing profession. If you value your nursing license, stay away from this place, they could care less about your career, they just want a couple of warm bodies to run the facility and throw pills at the residents.
Pros
There's Mountain Dew Code Red in the pop machine.
Cons
Severely understaffed, very high turnover, low pay, poor management, basically everything
Great Learning Experience
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 18, 2016
HCR Manor Care was a great clinical site to attend. While there for my 8 weeks, I was taught a lot of ways to interact with residents. Everyone was there to help me learn while I was there.
Family Oriented
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJune 16, 2016
• Prepare and complete admissions file for present and future residents
• Assist in filing paperwork, answering phones and copying documentation plus forwarding resident mail
overall manorcare is good not great
Housekeeper/Laundry aide (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJune 12, 2016
manorcare can add some things to make it better than what it is including employees that doesn't work and how they operate communication wise.
Pros
fun patients, some good employees
Cons
employees
Typical day at work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Hall, PAJune 12, 2016
A typical day of work required answering the patients call lights, getting yelled at by the nurses, my superiors for no reason at all while the young nurses aides got to sit and do absolutely nothing. This is only my opinion of the place because of how I was treated.
Pros
Nice Christmas dinner and gift
Cons
poor managerment
cook food
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 11, 2016
Dietary Aid was something new for me . I didn't know some days are short somedays and long. At the paste we work we have tp move fast to get the food to the floor fast.
Overall a great place to work.
Business Office Managr (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 8, 2016
Day is very busy from beginning to end. They have a great training program that is very extensive but well worth the time. Management are all very easy to work with. Most of the co-workers enjoy their jobs and are very pleasant. Hardest part is juggling all the meetings and still get the daily aspects of the job accomplished - not impossible but can be difficult on some days. Most enjoyable is working and interacting with the residents and their family members
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Don't usually get a lunch
ok job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Normal, ILJune 7, 2016
Nice place to work. best part is the residents. work with you on flexibility. discount on car insurance when you choose metlife.
Ups and downs
Director Of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 6, 2016
They company wants to be supportive of the staff and the multiple buildings through the country. I just don't believe they are able to accomplish the goals they have in mind. the building I have worked in were often drowning in staffing problems with little to no help from an upper management level. The focus was solely on admissions.
Intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Darby, PAJune 3, 2016
I interned at this site, it was fantastic. I would come in before the manager and begin breaking down medical files of the discharged patients or residents. I was taught how to input ICD-10 diagnostic codes only at this site. The manager of the department was a kind woman who taught me more than my previous intern site.
Brutality, intimidation, slavery,
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAJune 3, 2016
Horrendous, One aide and one nurse for 32 to 23 patients. They will but anything in a bed to make money. Scary place to work. Neglectful care. Wonder why state doesn.t shut the place down.
Pros
Cons
DNS, Administrator
Great Experience
Administrator in Training (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 2, 2016
I have had a fantastic learning experience at Manor Care, I could not have asked for a better practicum experience than the one I received here.
good place
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 2, 2016
Good place to work and the pay was great for a new nurse. Staff members were nice and cared about the patients there. Everyone worked together
Terrible place to work
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 1, 2016
There's no training you just get thrown to the wolves right when you start!! And if you cant hack it right away theyll let you go in a heartbeat. Very hard to get organized with all of the things that are constantly being thrown at you!! You literally walk in and hit the ground running! And dont let the management fool you they are fake and and will turn on you in a second! You have no support! Not worth it.
Cons
No support from supervisors, unorganized, high turnover, easliy burn out.
Healthcare Management
Fixed Asset Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 29, 2016
Friendly people to work with, at least it was that way when I left in 2000. I'm sure the staffing has changed since I left there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCR ManorCare. Our community is ready to answer.