HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,830 reviews matching the search
Wonderful First Job Experience
Student Development and Networking Committee Chair (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 7, 2016
HCR ManorCare - Marietta is a fantastic facility that I am honored to have been a part of. I learned how to become a therapist that should be respected in the quality work I do. I was able to balance a 20 patient caseload, along with facilitating recreation therapy programs. I formed bonds with my co-workers and was able to be a team member who could contribute to the overall well-being of the people we serve. The hardest part of the job would be seeing the potential in a patient, that the patient themselves do not see. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating those bonds with the residents and getting to know them and their families.
One month and quit
Resident Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 6, 2016
I asume that HCR Manorcare are not all the same but the one I just quit from is terrible. I worked at Arden Courts of Fairfax VA. Jun 5 2016 I was called to the office and giving a paper stating that, I had 2 write ups. I was sick with Doctor note to be off for 3 days with a UTI. The Director sead they don't care for Doctors notes. The RN knew The Director and Administation Coordinator where aware of the the situation witch lead me to believe everything was ok. I have seen things that are not right that I know it's not correct. I have chose not to work for a place which don't care about their employees.
Pros
Some Friendly staff
Cons
No respect
playin bingo and doing hair an makeup for the ladies
assistant volunteer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2016
all we did for volunteers was play bingo with the elders that wanted to play an for the older ladies when did their hair an makeup made them feel good about they selfs an we talked for hours some of the elders i was working with we had a very strong connection with them an i loved them like they were my own family it was fun learning thing from them and would love to do it again.
Pros
makeup hair talking bingo laughs and all
Cons
nothing really
Lebanon, Pa
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJuly 5, 2016
The place was really nice to work at and I wish i would have kept it but i had some personal issues I had to deal with. The benefits were great and easy to advance.
Over worked, worst benefits,Lowest Pay
Diet Aide (Current Employee) –  DietaryJuly 5, 2016
Short Employee's, Things not done from the crew the day before. Trying to finish your job and not having the tools you need to do it. Not usually fun and enjoyable.
Pros
BBQ's and Soup Tue.
Cons
Short Staffed and not having the things you need to get the job done.
Unrealistic expectations from administration
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 3, 2016
After working more than 5 years at this building, I am overall disappointed with the administration and the company. They are very system driven and do not allow adequate time to take care of individual needs of patients. Of course every patient has individualized care plans but there are dozens of assessment tools and forms that are constantly needing to be updated and it detracts from actual hands on time with patients. These are helpful when staff have the time to complete them, but this is not the case. The corporation over the years has poured more money into the cosmetics of our facility and extra "perks" like updated kitchen and therapy gym but less on actual staff. Yes, they do give nurses little gifts with the manorcare logo emblazoned over it and offer staff appreciation lunches a few times a year, but it is hard to appreciate when the majority of the time staff is being asked to do more documentation with less help. Since I started, our building has cut out customer service personnel, desk clerks, evening/night shift supervisors, and cut down on activities and medical records personnel. Those less employees translate to more responsibilities on nurses and nurses aids. The life expectancy of unit managers in our building is less than a year. Home life suffers and stress affects your overall personality and health when you work here.
Pros
new clean environment, great nurses, staff that know how to make lemonade out of lemons
Cons
unrealistic expectations from administration on nursing staff
productive and friendly work environment
Licensed Practical Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmette, ILJune 30, 2016
Good company to work with but are selling a lot of their facilities and leaving employees hanging. Otherwise Manor care is a place to be.
Fun place to work, supervisor always ready to help.
Pros
good raise
Cons
they are selling buildings
Very pleasant people to work with and fun
STNA (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHJune 28, 2016
What I have learned at HCR manor care is patients and understanding, from the residents to my co workers. Everyone has a different story or life experiences, but manages to pull together as a family and work together. The people I have met there are really easy to talk to and will help in any giving moment. The only difficult time I can say about manor care is if we are working short but that's any job, no place is perfect but everyone is a team player.
Not worth it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 26, 2016
Had to walk away from this place before I even finished orientation, its a mess!! Poorly managed, understaffing is a HUGE issue, they must be reeping the benefits of a legal loophole because the amount of work they dump on their nurses and aides is outrageous and should be better regulated!!! Not worth it!!!
Pros
Quick to hire!
Cons
Low pay, understaffed, poor management, smells
Fast Paced Enviornment
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJune 26, 2016
Long Hours, Diversity among staff and patients, Experienced Staff, Meets the Needs of Patients, Good Customer Service, and Good Food
enjoyed my job
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 26, 2016
1:25 very busy very challenging. Time management is essential. Management is often not available on the night shift. my co-workers were wonderful. Staffing was the hardest part of the job. Most enjoyable part of job is when staff pulled together and made the staffing issues work for everyone.
Pros
closer to home
Cons
often over worked
True Generalist Job
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 25, 2016
The HRD position is a true generalist position, you are responsible for all human resources needs for staff up to 250 employees. I enjoy my peers and the day-to-day work is not too bad.

Because the company is privately owned, I feel as though compensation is an issue for every position in the company outside of the Admissions Department.

At times, the workload can be a bit overwhelming depending on what initiatives are being pushed on top of your day-to-day work.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
Stay away from HCR Arlington VA
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 23, 2016
This place is horrible. Over worked staffs, 29 patients for each nurse. Management sucks. All management is care about is their interest. They gossip about their colleagues instead of educating them about their mistakes. All they do is to sit in the eagle room and talk about how idiotic the African nurses are. They don't care of patients and their staff. Always short of staffs and supplies.
Pros
Break room
Cons
Bad place to work
Nurse Assistants
House Keeping/ Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDJune 22, 2016
The same company I was before housekeeping after I take CNA class I become nurse assistant. I really love working with patients. I learned how to manger 25 patients.I enjoy working with my co-workers, and my supervisor was nice. my hardest part was the payment was not good.
Walk Away!!!
CNA (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 22, 2016
Horrible place!! Pay is bad they remodeled the rehab unit halls and nurse desk but no pay raise for employees who work short on regular basis. Bathroom sink faucets turn every way but right, shower room bad too hot or too cold. Nurses pull meds early then get mad when patient ask for it. Food terrible and kitchen lady that works evening is so rude to staff and patient family sometime don't get dinner trays til 7. Kitchen staff hate giving extra food to patients but stay leaving with boxes themselves. This place is a joke
Pros
No lifting, patients are nice (most)
Cons
Too many to list
Last resort job opportunity
Hospitality Aide (Former Employee) –  Union, SCJune 21, 2016
This place will hire you u,ser false pretenses.
Hire for one position and then have you doing several others
Hired for hospitality side which is assisting the resident in assistant living, which was explained as make beds and help into shower as they clean themselves. False. We were fully bathing people, lifting people transferring people.
( We are untrained to do so) Total housekeeping, laundry, we served meals, receptionists, and we did med passes.. All for minimum wages... It's awful and the employees are highly unappreciated...
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everything about this job
Unsafe Work Environment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 20, 2016
It's not worth the liability to work here, this facility operates under unsafe conditions for both patients and staff. Understaffing leaves nurses stressed out and vulnerable to making mistakes that could potentially jeopardize their license. Mandations are a staffing solution and you never get out of work on time. Cutting corners is a way of life, as long as things look good on paper the issues never have to be addressed.
Employee turnover is very high, most of the time staff has no idea what they're doing, they don't offer orientation or adequate training and the majority of shifts are worked by temp agency nurses because they can't keep their own nurses. Very stressful and hostile work environment, lots of gossiping and finger pointing, "veteran" nurses and management are quick to criticize and complain about new hires instead of standing up for ethical working conditions.

The workload expected to be carried at this for-profit, corporate, insurance money grab is degrading to the nursing profession. If you value your nursing license, stay away from this place, they could care less about your career, they just want a couple of warm bodies to run the facility and throw pills at the residents.
Pros
There's Mountain Dew Code Red in the pop machine.
Cons
Severely understaffed, very high turnover, low pay, poor management, basically everything
Great Learning Experience
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 18, 2016
HCR Manor Care was a great clinical site to attend. While there for my 8 weeks, I was taught a lot of ways to interact with residents. Everyone was there to help me learn while I was there.
Family Oriented
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJune 16, 2016
• Prepare and complete admissions file for present and future residents
• Assist in filing paperwork, answering phones and copying documentation plus forwarding resident mail
overall manorcare is good not great
Housekeeper/Laundry aide (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJune 12, 2016
manorcare can add some things to make it better than what it is including employees that doesn't work and how they operate communication wise.
Pros
fun patients, some good employees
Cons
employees

2.9