HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

Fair
Ancillary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 6, 2017
I never tell anyone to work at manoeuvre in Decatur ga the place was dirty the management was not good the kitchen was dirty but the food was good only thing was the people
Pros
Me
Cons
Not good
nice living conditions for the residents
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2017
really do not have anything to say about HCR. If you want a job working hard and working hard this is the job for you. No thank you for your hard work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 5, 2017
I would like working here again it was fun, personable and very well managed, The staff worked hard as a team making sure everyone was doing the best work they could do.
I enjoyed my time at HCR ManorCare
Clinical Nurse Liaison (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 4, 2017
This company is top notch with training and real market experience. I learned many valuable lessons while working there. I enjoyed traveling and gaining valuable training experience.
Pros
Flexibility and Top Notch Training
Cons
Hours
Nice work environtment
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, IL 60062October 2, 2017
MC Medbridge is a challenging place to work; demanding patients who come back from hospital and required constant assistance.
Opportunity to learn about new medical equipment; training provided to employee about new medical devices.
Pros
nice working environtment
Cons
high ratio nurse-patient
Nice friendly people
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 2, 2017
people that are caring and dependable work there. Many people with dementia in building. Employees are extremely helpful to others and care for residents comes first.
Pros
clean work enviroment
Cons
dozens of sundowning/dementia people
Receptionist
Receptionist, Heart (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLOctober 2, 2017
Operated telephone switchboard to answer, screen or forward calls providing information, taking messages or scheduling appointments.
Greeted persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit while directing or escorting them to specific destinations.
Filed and maintained records.
Challenging but productive
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILOctober 2, 2017
Being on a managerial position is challenging. Day to day routine becomes challenging but with productive outcome giving the staff and residents positive experiences.
Friendly
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2017
The management was excellent. I worked at the KOP facility. I actually received my Nurse Aide Certificate through them.. I actually enjoyed working there, but had to relocate..
Pros
Excellent Pay rate
Cons
Distance from home..
productive and fun workplace
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  winter park, floridaSeptember 30, 2017
manaor care is a very fun company to be a part of. you are treated fairly and the well being of your residents is top priority. management pays close attention to the concerns of their workers and we work hand in hand to ensure that our customers are treated fairly and with a heart of care.
emotional
Wellness Aide (Current Employee) –  Flushing, MISeptember 30, 2017
the wellness aide position is very stressful, demanding and often unrewarding. you were expected to be on call all the time if someone did not come in for their shift. you got attached to the residents and even if though it was an Assisted living home it was more like a hospice center.
Pros
some residents
Cons
physically demanding, under paid
Dont know for sure
Physical Therapist Assistant student (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHSeptember 28, 2017
I was only a student at the time and didn't learn much from them hands on. I only had the opportunity to observe. However the people their seem to work as a team and were happy to be there.
Good starter job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 28, 2017
Okay job to start out in the medical field. I worked it 10 years ago. It was very under staffed and busy work. It was about how all CNA job in skilled nursing facility are.
Awful working enviroment
RN Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 28, 2017
I was 6 mos pregnant when I started, for which I disclosed during my interviewer. I'd some pretty severe complications(seizures). One day I experienced a particularly severe tonic-clonic seizure for which I was admitted to the local hospital, I was absent two shifts for the latter. Admittedly, my focus with this first and only child, did begin to affect my work. the patient/nurse ratio was appalling. I was assigned to a unit with 56 patients, two unlicensed personnel and myself. the reason this was considered "okay" was the expectation the night shift supervisor was to assist the nurse. This NEVER happened. I was termed due to my loss of focus due to the complications of pregnancy.
Pros
patients requiring wound vaccuums infusion medictions was less than other facilities
Cons
low pay, dangerous nurse/patient ratio, poor management, cut throat work environment
Good job
maintenance suporvisor (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 28, 2017
Yes i would recomend this job to people its a good place to work and have good people in management positions this is a very good place to work and grow
laundry Aide
Environmental Services/Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILSeptember 27, 2017
this job was so boring,There was no place to advance yourself in this job.This job was come to work do your job and nothing else. The whole building was ran so poorly,the head peole appeared so unbothered,and unconcerned..i was glad to find another job
Pros
hoildays was a bright spot there
Cons
there was no unity, unfriendly enviroment
Staff members are very friendly. Supervisor/ mangers are great.
Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CASeptember 27, 2017
It can be very busy in the morning. Very clean place. The residents are really nice. Staff members are very helpful. Caring place. Also family members are very nice.
Good place to work.
HR Director (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 26, 2017
Good benefits, overall management was always helpful. Very fast paced. Lots of turn over. Good policy and procedures. Not always able to keep up on some things.
Fun place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 26, 2017
Manor care provided tuition assistance while I was attending practical nursing school. I was able to work as a unit secretary during that time which helped me during school. Overall it is a great place to work. I will work there again
Poor Management
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDSeptember 25, 2017
some of the managers at HCR ManorCare doesn't really care about your well being, like your personal life and health issues. Mostly some of them will push your buttons and you are always at your breaking point.
Pros
rarely get a break
Cons
Really bad selfishness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCR ManorCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9