HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,227 reviews matching the search
Ok place to start off
Floor Technician/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Yeadon, PADecember 13, 2016
Nursing home environment. If you like working around older people. The smells may get to you a little. The pay is not great and neither are the benefits. Its just a job
Bad
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 21, 2017
$8 an hour for lifting heavy people, sick people. You do not qualify for benefits until you have worked an entire year. And then cant use your vacation when you want to.
Good company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MODecember 12, 2016
Great co-workers, I enjoy coming to work great company to work for.
Easy work
A great place for overtime
Good mangers
Good benifits
A family kind of company
There was always overtime.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, MISeptember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for HCR. I was there for almost 6 years. I had the experience of working and learning several different departments including Medical records, front desk clerk and unit secretary duties, as well as being a certified nursing assistant.
Pros
Free lunch on pay days !
Cons
No benefits for part-time employees
Developed HR Skills, But Not A "Career" Position
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 8, 2016
I enjoyed my time with HER and learned a great deal of both HR Generalist and Director skills. I had two great Regional HR Managers who provided solid support. Compensation is not strong and below industry. Benefits were decent. Great opportunity to gain skills which helped me advance.
Pros
Strong Regional HR Support
Cons
Compensation Below Industry Average
A rewarding place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 14, 2016
I worked as a certified nurses aid, I provided total care to the patients bathing, feed, and ambulation. I enjoy giving a helping hand to those in need.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
CNA has a fairly high risk of injury on the job.
No comment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHioOctober 19, 2016
I basically took this position until I became eligible for social security benefits. My position was to set up all beverage carts (coffee, juice, milk, sodas) along with resident trays and deliver to designated units.
ok place to work
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 30, 2016
ok place to work not good not bad just mediocre pay and benefits. high turn over in nursing. management is unsupportive and staffing is always short handed.
supporting staff and friendly environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 19, 2016
Very supportive staff.
good environment to develop skills and grow.
Friendly staff and understanding leadership.
Hours always available.
I love working there eventhough the compensation is relatively low as compared to others
ok
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILOctober 21, 2016
I love my job but not enough pay because i'm a good worker and always at work go above and beyond my work just need more pay can't pay all my bills off my salary.
Pros
ok
good
Some of management difficult to work with
Wound Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Many nurses of different cultures have entire families apart from their own immediate families to take care of who are located in other countries.This requires them to work two jobs at times. This is the case for a few of the supervisors who work at Manor Care. Working so many hours causes them to be very short or curt in their manner. I felt it very difficult to work with some of these supervisors who were under so much pressure to care for not only the patients but the nurses and their families with so little time for rest. I became proficient in wound care there and found that very interesting and enjoyable to see how my care had such positive effects..
Pros
This position gave me the opportunity to further my interest in wound care.
Cons
Management difficult to work with
Not worth it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 26, 2016
Had to walk away from this place before I even finished orientation, its a mess!! Poorly managed, understaffing is a HUGE issue, they must be reeping the benefits of a legal loophole because the amount of work they dump on their nurses and aides is outrageous and should be better regulated!!! Not worth it!!!
Pros
Quick to hire!
Cons
Low pay, understaffed, poor management, smells
terrible place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 29, 2016
By far the worst company I have ever worked for. Their management team only cares about money. Its simply a numbers game for them. They will praise you one minute then throw you under the bus the next if they think they can save themselves. You get written up even if you are sick and have a legitimate excuse. Under their policies it states the sick policy. For a company that takes care of sick people you can't ever get sick. I have seen them go through 4 DONs in under a year.
Pros
nothing
Cons
human resources, sick policy, uncaring environment
Nice people to work with
Assistant Activities Director (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 11, 2016
It's a nice place to work, the staff can be nice but sometimes they dont like to work together. Not always appreciated for the job that we do. But its nice to see the residents get enjoyment out of the activities that we do.
Pros
Annual raises, Annual vacation
Cons
No increasing vacation time
Environment of promotion
Director of Care Delivery (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIJanuary 3, 2017
If you come to work, work hard, there are many opportunities for advancement and recognition. No nursing job is simple, but there is much reward in putting in hard work for the people who need you most. Teamwork as requested, dedicated staff especially during hard times. The best part of this job is when push comes to shove there are many people willing to step in where there is a need.
Plenty of Room for advancement w
Admissions Director (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 11, 2016
I really appreciated the fact that this company pushed me and allowed me to express my ideas. However, when it came to making me feel like my work was appreciated... I felt very little gratitude and in the end did not receive promised compensation.
Pros
24 hour job opportunities
Cons
they work you to death
A busy but good place to work.
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountainside, NJMay 28, 2016
Typical day at work is very busy and fast pace. Meetings every day AM and PM. Training new staff. Verification of benefits on line, collections,census,obtain authorizations for HMO caid residents.
Work the AR, process accounts payable.
Cover phones. Attend to residents funds. Meet new residents/ families and explain benefits.
My co-workers are great. Everybody have multiple hats.
I enjoy the most talking to families about Medicare/Medicaid help them make decisions for their love ones.
productive and friendly work environment
Licensed Practical Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmette, ILJune 30, 2016
Good company to work with but are selling a lot of their facilities and leaving employees hanging. Otherwise Manor care is a place to be.
Fun place to work, supervisor always ready to help.
Pros
good raise
Cons
they are selling buildings
Worst pay in the field!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  PaMay 23, 2016
If you like overtime for not much pay this is for you. The healthcare and benefits were the worst large co-pays and very expensive for the cheapest plans. Dental was hilarious no dentist took it within an hour drive of me. I got hit by a resident with dementia that wasn't supposed to be there while I was pregnant and was told it was my fault that I had to of provoked him. This company should be shut down with all the illegal things they do and paperwork they submit to the state!
Pros
I got paid
Cons
every part of the job
Good Part time job
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILJuly 18, 2016
As a PNR staff the compensation was great. The therapy department had a well organized schedule. Unfortunately many time the CNA or nursing staff did not have the patient ready for therapy despite having a schedule of when the patient were to revive therapy.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCR ManorCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9