HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,400 reviews matching the search
Not much pay
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILMay 21, 2017
I worked here for a long time because it fit my school schedule. That's the only positive thing I can say about it. My fellow workers were lazyand they created a depressing atmosphere
productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MD 20774May 20, 2017
work load is high , nice place to work and rewarding if you are interesting in the healthcare . management is not the best and the nurses there are not bad
Great Residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 19, 2017
Great Residents, amazing staff for the most part, fast paced, unpredictable, good management, and some of the best Nurses , Cna's, PT's and OT's in the business
Pros
Great Residents
Cons
Weekends off every six weeks
Talks a good game, but often does not follow through
Reimbursement Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 19, 2017
Learned to do Medicare and Medicaid cost reports here
Management was totally disconnected from workers
Teams were best part of job - We learned that pulling our portion of the load really made a difference
Pros
Parking garage subsidized fee
Cons
No direction as to how to advance
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 18, 2017
check to-do list and start my job. I learned how to cope with people didn't want to. great management team. I love my job because of the residence. You can have a bad day and u go to work and they will put a smile on your face just like that.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
cant use phone
Good Company
Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.) (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMay 18, 2017
A good company to work for has it's ups and downs however will work with you and appreciates it's staff. I would work for ths company more times than one and I have.
Short-staffed
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 18, 2017
Typically short staffed, fighting between units in regards to staffing discrepancies. When short staffed usually have 20 its for med pass and treatments. Management could care less, they just want to go home in time. If it was consistently staffed, it would be ok place to work.
Pros
good coworkers most of time
Cons
management, favoritism between units, short-staffed
Wouldn't recommend to friend
LPN/RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAMay 17, 2017
High turnover rate for staff and management. Most patients and families appeared unhappy with quality of care due to staffing shortages. Very nice facility.
constantly changing employees
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMay 17, 2017
I believe that the change in employees so often effects the way the company runs, and the way the employees perform. I think the most enjoyable part of my job is helping the residents with everyday cares that they can not perform themselves. Helping the residents and taking the time to talk with them really brings joy to them and myself. The CNA's at manor care are very good to work with, they help each other when the need is there.
Pros
residents, nice coworkers
Cons
constantly changing employees, not easy to get time off for personal events.
Stressful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 16, 2017
I worked here for almost 4 years, the turn over rate was high. They were always short staffed but it was always a lot of hours to work, they had great benifits and the new remodeling make the place look better
Pros
Shift pay
Cons
Short staffed
Fun working with the Alzheimer patients
CNA (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed going to work everyday and knowing what I was going to do. I had a great experience being able to work in the Alzheimer's Unit. I did not like the Management.
Pros
Permanent Assignment
Cons
Management sucks
cleaning
Housekeeping / Laundry (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHMay 12, 2017
go in and start working ,clean rooms some times talk to who was in there rooms .clean the bathrooms if they didnt help with some thing they would ask for your help,i like the girls i worked with
Pros
pay to low
Cons
nice friends i worked with
not the best evironment
Human Resource Director (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAMay 12, 2017
this company did not value employees. The administrator did not care about the role of HR and following policies. Policy was only enforced on employees the administrator did not like.
The management staff is cut throat and not encouraging
Master Level Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 11, 2017
I do not particularly like working with this environment. I prefer working with children and families. The pay is good. There is way too much work for what they are paying. TOOOOO Much work.
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 11, 2017
It's a great place to work at. The residents are who matter there. The pay could be a little better for all the hard working workers.Need better food for residents.
High Stress
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 10, 2017
High demand for perfection, don't apply if you aren't perfect. Also don't apply if you aren't best friends with management (maybe that was just my situation). I know politics are everywhere but the department I was in made it horrible to go to work. I couldn't wait to leave. I was written up for not being joyful enough or being able to decorate for parties for residents well enough. I never had a patient once complain to me about how things looked, only compliments. Nurses seemed angry and annoyed, but I would have been too with their workload.
Pros
work hours (9-5 work day)
Cons
stress level
Living assistant home
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDMay 10, 2017
Enjoyed working with the residents, co-workers and management. We cooked, cleaned and interacted with the residents daily to ensure their basic needs were met.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 10, 2017
I assisted with residents at the facility, and contributed to a cohesive work environment. The staff and residents were friendly and there were a decent amount of things to do.
Extremely Unorganized and Inefficient
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 10, 2017
I was able to perform all the work required in less than 2 hours of my 8 hour work day. I was then told to "Play on email" when I requested more work. I am an MBA graduate with incredible leadership and organizational skills and was looking for something to challenge me and help me develop as a professional. I was constantly underappreciated and underworked. I was then fired without warning and without legal reason just because the managers found out I was trying to pursue other positions WITHIN THE COMPANY that were better suited for me. Instead of recommending me for these positions, the manager made sure I wouldnt be able to work in the company again. The only reason I have not sued is because that is not who I am. I have had countless lawyers attempt to persuade me to take legal action (apparently this company is notorious for unlawful firings) but I know it will be best for me to put this bad company in the past and move on.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Strict Sick Day Usage, No upwards mobility, Doesnt accept change
Productive fast paced enviroment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 9, 2017
The typical day at work is very fast paced, and multi-tasking is a must. Almost everyone that works there is really friendly, and the training that you receive is great.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCR ManorCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9