HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,829 reviews matching the search
cook food
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 11, 2016
Dietary Aid was something new for me . I didn't know some days are short somedays and long. At the paste we work we have tp move fast to get the food to the floor fast.
Overall a great place to work.
Business Office Managr (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 8, 2016
Day is very busy from beginning to end. They have a great training program that is very extensive but well worth the time. Management are all very easy to work with. Most of the co-workers enjoy their jobs and are very pleasant. Hardest part is juggling all the meetings and still get the daily aspects of the job accomplished - not impossible but can be difficult on some days. Most enjoyable is working and interacting with the residents and their family members
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Don't usually get a lunch
ok job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Normal, ILJune 7, 2016
Nice place to work. best part is the residents. work with you on flexibility. discount on car insurance when you choose metlife.
Ups and downs
Director Of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 6, 2016
They company wants to be supportive of the staff and the multiple buildings through the country. I just don't believe they are able to accomplish the goals they have in mind. the building I have worked in were often drowning in staffing problems with little to no help from an upper management level. The focus was solely on admissions.
Intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Darby, PAJune 3, 2016
I interned at this site, it was fantastic. I would come in before the manager and begin breaking down medical files of the discharged patients or residents. I was taught how to input ICD-10 diagnostic codes only at this site. The manager of the department was a kind woman who taught me more than my previous intern site.
Brutality, intimidation, slavery,
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAJune 3, 2016
Horrendous, One aide and one nurse for 32 to 23 patients. They will but anything in a bed to make money. Scary place to work. Neglectful care. Wonder why state doesn.t shut the place down.
Pros
Cons
DNS, Administrator
Great Experience
Administrator in Training (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 2, 2016
I have had a fantastic learning experience at Manor Care, I could not have asked for a better practicum experience than the one I received here.
good place
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 2, 2016
Good place to work and the pay was great for a new nurse. Staff members were nice and cared about the patients there. Everyone worked together
Terrible place to work
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 1, 2016
There's no training you just get thrown to the wolves right when you start!! And if you cant hack it right away theyll let you go in a heartbeat. Very hard to get organized with all of the things that are constantly being thrown at you!! You literally walk in and hit the ground running! And dont let the management fool you they are fake and and will turn on you in a second! You have no support! Not worth it.
Cons
No support from supervisors, unorganized, high turnover, easliy burn out.
Healthcare Management
Fixed Asset Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 29, 2016
Friendly people to work with, at least it was that way when I left in 2000. I'm sure the staffing has changed since I left there.
Understaffed Nightmare
LPN (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 27, 2016
Heartland of Battle Creek, MI is one of the worst facilities I have ever worked at. They recently began using a temp service to fill their open positions because they can't keep their own employees. As an LPN I was passing meds to 30+ clients, I worked through my lunch and my breaks, I never had time to eat, or even take a sip of water, this place is like a sweat shop. In addition to passing 30+ patients meds, I was responsible for doing treatments, bandage changes, wound care, new admits, discharges not to mention a dozen other tasks. We had 3 CNAs for the entire facility, if we were really lucky we got 4. They are so short staffed even the maintenance man (who is also the housekeeping supervisor and new employee orientation manager) is expected to answer call lights.
Pros
you'll run yourself into the ground, and have a few extra scraps thrown your way.
Cons
Everything. EVERYTHING is a con.
Productive Workplace and Growth In Company
Marketing Director, (Promotion) (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 23, 2016
A typical work day at Arden Courts would consist of early stand up conference call with all coordinators/team checking of my emails and A, B, and C leads in order of priority. Also sit with families and get them finacially qualified or refer families to the appropriate Health Care Community. Also complete paperwork with family and process payment with families during move in process. The hardest part of the job is when the families do not qualify for care and you try your best to help by referring the families to other professional referral sources to see what other memory care communties they qualify for.
Pros
Flexible workplace and great healthcare
Cons
Expensive care and private pay community
Worst pay in the field!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  PaMay 23, 2016
If you like overtime for not much pay this is for you. The healthcare and benefits were the worst large co-pays and very expensive for the cheapest plans. Dental was hilarious no dentist took it within an hour drive of me. I got hit by a resident with dementia that wasn't supposed to be there while I was pregnant and was told it was my fault that I had to of provoked him. This company should be shut down with all the illegal things they do and paperwork they submit to the state!
Pros
I got paid
Cons
every part of the job
Great company
Account Liaison (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2016
Good company. Very positive work environment. Lots of training and development available to help you grow professionally.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Pay
Great People Who Live There
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 19, 2016
Inadequate money for the amount of work that is expected to be done. And when you least expect it more work is added onto your job description without you knowing it.
Pros
Nice people who stay there.
Cons
No overtime, poor communication, hours very by amount of people living there.
CNA Duties
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 18, 2016
I would say working for Manorcare was probably the most horrible work experience I've ever encountered. The management was horrific. ABSOLUTELY UNPROFFESIONAL. By that i'll give you an example the nurses use their cell phones and snapchat patients, SNAPCHAT PATIENTS AND HUMILATE THEM. Thats just the tip of the iceberg. Moving forward leaving that facility was the best decision i've ever made!
Stepping Stone
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 17, 2016
This is a filthy environment to work in. Constant Scabies outbreaks, bed bugs, and development of pressure sores. Environment is not conducive to learning. They will put anyone in any position just to fill the need.
Awesome place to intern!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIMay 17, 2016
A great facility for my internship in speech language pathology. I learned more than I could have ever imagined from a great group of people.
the kitchen staff sucked
Cook (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMay 16, 2016
i hated the job the staff was very unprofessional, the company is cheap understaff they made me feel bad everyday i worked,
Pros
free food
Cons
the staff took over the dept hostile enviroment
Fun workplace.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 12, 2016
Productive and fun workplace,everybody was very friendly,helpful.I enjoy my time working there,a bit more help would be lovely for beginners who cant work under pressure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCR ManorCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9