HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

Humbling work experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILNovember 3, 2015
On a daily basis each CNA had 13 residents minimum. Residents on the therapy list had to be up before 8am. These residents did not include those who had to be up to eat in the dining room.All of the residents rooms have to be neat and clean before noon. All work must be completed before end of shift. There are not many days when we were fully staffed. At times it seemed nearly impossible to get help from co-workers in assisting with transferring residents. I loved my residents. Hard to get days off, switch with co-workers or get medical leave.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Lack of empathy from employer
diligent and responsibility
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 3, 2015
regularly daily work, or my routine is good, tasks are being done, some of co-workers are helpful others ignore or will delegate work to you instead of doing it by themselves.
Pros
potluck, free giveaways
Cons
no bonuses
the environment at HCR is very well organize and fun.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 3, 2015
HCR Manor is very well organization very motivated facility to work for. At HCR people work together with a wide variety of diverse population and very fun enjoyable safe environments.
Tons of Potential, however, lacking framework
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 3, 2015
I am not really sure what to say here.. There is TONS of potential within this facility, however, management is lacking the framework to make it a successful company. When I started here close to 6 years ago now, everything ran like a well oiled machine, however, there have been about three to four different Executive Directors along with Director of Nursings. Sadly that has been the downfall of this facility... if you are looking for a place to get your feet wet, so to speak, please look into this place.
Very good work environment.
Case manager for Skilled Nursing facilities (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2015
The work day is yours, you have to be a self starter and able to work without supervision. Help is only a phone call away. There is a lot of work, (referrals) you share information with many departments and people.You have to be a team player.
Pros
The people.
Cons
Missing information
Great working experience to have when your new to nursing. The managment team are a good & caring group. I've learned so much during my time here. On
Desk/Med Nurse (Current Employee) –  Yeadon, PANovember 1, 2015
Manor Care is a great company to have a good learning experience at as a new nurse. The management team here are wonderful. On a day to day bases I work closely to the resident as well as there families. I provide that listening ear and kind word that is much needed at any time. My co-workers are such a great team to be work with and are always there when things get a lil chaotic.
Pros
Working with a good staff makes the day go so much soother.
Cons
Sometimes as a nurse you can work straight thru your break until your off time.
great facility and staff
cota (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILOctober 31, 2015
At HCR I found the staff and Medical Team to be top notch. I was able to expand my skills , and was motivated to learn new things as I was able to bounce ideas off others in my field to try new things great company
Pros
learning new techniques
Cons
short breaks difficulty to get vacation time
Frontline staff is great, however management unethical!
social worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, OhioOctober 29, 2015
Social workers that question anything that management does will not have employment very long. Primary care staff is great to work with and very caring toward patients. If you have no problem with unethical management this job is for you!
Pros
Very rewarding job.
Cons
Management is VERY unprofessional.
meeting pt and family needs
Social Services (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAOctober 29, 2015
worked closely with clinical staff in order to meet needs of patients. heavy focus on discharge planning and marketing the facility.
High volume SNF with multiple diagnosis.
Senior clinician-responsible for high productivity (Former Employee) –  Palos Park, ILOctober 27, 2015
Enjoyable weekend work with supportive staff and management. Limited growth opportunities. Flexible schedule.Good training for skill advancement.
Fast pace environment
Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 26, 2015
Make rounds, check email, check work orders, go over daily task with team, schedule meetings, meet vendors, report to morning meetings, order material and supply. Check on orders and shipment that are being receive. Schedule projects and oversee contractors on site completing projects such as remodeling, A/C services and Plumbing.
One thing I learned is time management and efficiency.
Communicated written and verbally with management.
The hardest part of the job was being more than one place all at once.
The most rewarding part of the job was looking back at my day at all that I've accomplished.
stay away
LPN (Former Employee) –  Vicotrian VillageOctober 25, 2015
Myself and another nurse were told the exact same thing in the interview regarding scheduling and then given an entirely different schedule on day one of orientation. The interview lasted 2 hours because there was no one to do the interview. Each time I went into the building the staff was all angry, especially the scheduling nurse. Her attitude was terrible toward new hires. The entire place seemed to be in complete chaos. None of the nurses in our orientation returned. Nor do they pay decently, even for experienced nurses.
People Skills Required
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 24, 2015
Enjoyable job interacting with the patients and residents and their families. Instilling reliability in the staff regarding their pay and benefits. I enjoyed working closely with our employees and being a part of the A team. Hardest part of the job was when the customer left our facility to go home or pass on. The most enjoyable part was working so close with the employees and management and the patients/residents.
Pros
I loved my job and the people I worked with. Also their families.
Cons
Job duties changed due to census levels and or staff needs.
Excellent compensation and benefits
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 23, 2015
Great teamwork among the employees. Availability of corporate resources and policies. Opportunity for advancement or relocation. Excellent benefits.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Long mandatory meetings.
Peoplesoft Techno Functional consultant
Project Manager - from 29th March 2015 (Current Employee) –  Toledo OhioOctober 21, 2015
As a peoplesoft techno functional consultant was responsible for day to day application support on Accounts Payables,Cash Management,Project Costing,Asset Management and General Ledger, respond to user queries. Requirement gathering developing functional and technical documents.
Fast paced rewarding work environment
Human Resource Director (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 21, 2015
Work with great people at my location. I am able to organize my day and work independently. Days go by very fast. Facility has excellent reputation and I am proud of the care we provide.
Ok for first job.
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAOctober 21, 2015
The workplace environment was ok.
management was very nice.
it was my first ever job and I learned plenty.
I went on to better opportunites.
Pros
very friendly staff and residents
Cons
low payrates
The most enjoyable part of my job at HCR Manor Care was the feeling at the end of the day that I helped in a small way to brighten someone's life.
Resident Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Hatboro, PAOctober 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at HCR Manor Care, which was an Alzheimer's facility. I worked weekends there from 2010 to 2013, but I had to end my employment. At the time, I was also working full-time at Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC, and it became difficult to work seven days a week.
Pros
Sense of helpfulness.
Cons
Working every weekend.
good company to work for
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAOctober 15, 2015
Billing/Collections. Customer Service

Great benefits, good atmosphere. Employees and employer was friendly. The only reason I left was to work as a Business Office Manager.
Pros
bonus
Cons
Short breaks
nice place
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHOctober 15, 2015
Fun place to work and great clothes. I loved my co workers and it was fun meeting customers every day and getting their clothes picked out.