HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,619 reviews matching the search
volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 29, 2017
Great experience working with people who have lived through so much and are still fighting to live. This volunteer work showed that the fight isn't over until you give up.
Productive and well organized
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 29, 2017
Very clean and orderly. Management was knowledgeable and polite. Families supported their loved ones. Nurses were attentive and emphatic. Staff worked well together
Pros
Loved patients
Cons
Patients were sick
A Learning Institution
LPN -RSC (Former Employee) –  Pikesville, MDAugust 28, 2017
Provide training and learning opportunity to new Graduates, Good Team Building and provide a variety of Services both elderly and the young. Their Dementia facilities is the best and provide a home like environment for their residents.
Fast paced workplace with emphasis on meeting corporate criteria
Social Worker - Long Term Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 27, 2017
ManorCare was very focused on meeting criteria for the corporate organization. I found that a lot of the residents were unhappy with services and that they were understaffed.
Productive work environment
LPN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 26, 2017
I enjoyed working with Manor Care. It is a very fast passed environment. I enjoy working with the aged and communication with family members and other staff
Pros
Lots of events involving familly and clients
Cons
Work hours/days
Great residents
Activity Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHAugust 25, 2017
My director is a great person in a difficult job. My job is fast paced with lots of fun and challenging activities. Hours are great but pay is lacking!
Pros
Cheap meals
Cons
People call off all the time.
review
Director of Care Delivery (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 25, 2017
loved my co-workers, loved my management, hours demanding, staffing issues caused a great deal of stress and long work hours. no work/life balance. competitive pay
Pros
competitive pay
Stressful
Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH 43604August 25, 2017
Faced paced and large workload. Didn't have time to chart during work hours and wound up having to chart at home. This added 6 - 8 hours of extra work.
A very caring environment. They are flexible and willing to work with you.
Charge/Med Nurse (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOAugust 25, 2017
This is a flexible, laid back work place. Everyone really cares about the residents as well as each other. There is a lot of teamwork here. I would and do recommend working here.
nice place but the company closed down/ sold out
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 24, 2017
was a decent place to work for decent pay. management was decent. staffing at the time had 1/2 good working respectful people. the other half was rude people who lied and were shady. hardest part of the job was some of the patients and some of the coworkers were extremely hard to deal with. enjoyable part was the patients!
Pros
good facility, decent pay
Work work work
Nurse Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yardley, PAAugust 23, 2017
YOu run your butt off working here but as a new nurse its the best place for you. Wound vacs, milirone drips, LVADs, time management skills, orthopedics. you are exposed to a wide variety of things here.
great
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 23, 2017
At that location i missed all the people served for the been out there. the staff and bossed are very friendly and loving team players. i missed all those nurses who worked on the second shift.
residents not taken care of
RN, BSN Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 22, 2017
getting ready for the day. Over see the staff. Work with MD's,NP's and PA's to give residents the best care. Management not helpful. Residents best
No patient saftey
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILAugust 22, 2017
High patient volumes low nursing staff, minimal patient safety, little to no benefits,, management is rarely seen,, Nurses and techs are hard working and work well together
Great Company!
Director of Rec.reational Therapy (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MI 48101August 22, 2017
HCR MaonrCare is great company to work for. I have grown as professional and truly grateful for the many opportunities I have been given. I would recommend employment with this company.
Enjoyed working with the patients
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 21, 2017
It was a friendly atmosphere. Hard to advance within the company. Pay was not good. Management was unfriendly. Patients were nice and made it fun work.
if you are a caring person you can make it.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 20, 2017
Hard work and no staff support from upper mangement. the staff mostly are caring and good people too work with. the residents are mostly thankful and nice.
Pros
off days
Cons
short of help always, no team work by staff
This nursing home is stressful to work at
CNA (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 20, 2017
Management does not care about employees. When my last day came not one person said anything to me. When my brother was killed I didn't receive a card
what I learned
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 20, 2017
residents are happy to see you when they know you do the job right. if you like to clean this is a job you will enjoy. if you build a relationship with your co-workers the day will go by faster and the work load doesn't seem as heavy.
I'm a better HR professional because of ManorCare
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 18, 2017
I loved my co-works but the job was stressful. Working for a large organization provides a great learning ground full of knowledgeable people and established systems. Working for ManorCare made me a better HR professional. For many employees working in a SNF is a step towards other healthcare opportunities. Many employees left for a hospital which pays more. Turnover is high.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCR ManorCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9