HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

overall very good place to work
DON and Administrator, Lisa Evans (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WA 98037September 11, 2017
very structured with good processes in place. Everyone knew their job and took responsibility. Good cross-training to cover absences. Managers on the same page with goal of excellent care and good outcomes. Good attitudes and appeared to really enjoy their jobs.
Typical work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Management isn't the greatest. Going to them for any concerns they don't even acknowledge your presence and nothing gets accomplished. No one is a team player so your on your own even though it is a non- lifting facility. They will write you up for things not deemed appropriate, for example, not clocking out if your going out for lunch even though in the handbook your only suppose to clock out at end of shift.
Pros
Free lunches
job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 9, 2017
I most enjoyed this position by helping the patients to apply for assistance in order to help pay their bill by staying at manor care
I did a sense of well being
Not a good place - Needs improvement
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 9, 2017
I worked at this facility for a couple of months and I can tell you first hand that they need to completely overhaul this whole place, starting with management. The problem seems to be the staffing. Most of the aides and other staff do not have the experience or the know-how to give quality care to the patients. Basically, the CNA's are only there because it's a job. They lack compassion and concern for anyone other than themselves. No one that worked there seemed like they enjoyed their jobs...with the exception of a few of the office personnel - mainly in admissions. Management and Human Resources accepted and listened to complaints but often turned a blind eye to them. In the past, Manor-Care has dealt with some state violations, (not sure it that's still happening) However, it's really sad that low income people can't afford to go to better facilities, because they deserve "good, quality care" just like anyone else!
Pros
pay and benefits were okay
Cons
Non-caring management and staff. Under qualified workers.
Corporate unfeeling of front line personnel
RN supervisor/Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OH and Mayfield OhioSeptember 8, 2017
Direct management very supportive to point of working the floor to cover shortages due to corporate saying no to using agency personnel to fill gaps until such time as it was absolutely necessary. I improved some time management skills due to acting in more thn one capacity. Culture seemed a little cutthroat as employees who had been at facility longer felt threatened by new ones and the possible changes.Fostering teamwork was hardest part of job. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the families, at times it was also difficult but usually good outweighed the bad.
short on staff,
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Barberton, OHSeptember 7, 2017
Often working a full hall with one STNA. Management never checks to see how staff is doing or offer assistance. Management is trying to turn it around but starting wage is on low side.
Very competitive
Nurse Liaison (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2017
Typical day included going to hospitals to assess "referrals" (patients) and then competing with other SNFs to win the "referrals". Very competitive, cut-throat and underhanded at times. Overall, with the right mind frame this could be a fulfilling career of helping others, if you can deal with the stress of being the middle man.
Pros
work-life balance, engaging with patients and family members
Cons
cut-throat environment, very competitive
Fun place if you like elderly care
CNA (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVSeptember 6, 2017
Working with the elderly is challenging - even though you work 10 hr. days there still is not enough time to care properly for the patients. they need a lot more staff.
Pros
nothing
Cons
under staffed
Liars and management isn't so honest
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Homewood illSeptember 6, 2017
I was hired as a hospitality aide I did more cna work and I wasn't trained .the nurses don't care no one cares.they look the other way they don't care if you are sick and they don't care if you have family issues no room to call off.thwy don't care about the patients they are trying to fill beds.they are in trouble for Medicare fraud they are liars dont work there they trap you
Pros
No pros
Good Company
Internal Training Systems - Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 5, 2017
Excellent opportunity to learn the healthcare market. I had the opportunity to move to a larger national position with the company. Their healthcare model is strong in the midwest.
payroll and accounts payable coordinator
Payroll/Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PASeptember 5, 2017
gathered and processed payroll
received accounts payable invoices and processed for payments
learned a lot about human resources and business office work
some bosses were great some terrible
Okay Place to work, but the kitchen
Cook/Head Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 4, 2017
If the current manager from this posting is still working there, dont go into the kitchen. Business office and front desk positions are great.High turn over of employees
Productive and fun work places
Dietary Server (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJSeptember 4, 2017
Nice team member work place. Easy work. Good residents, and I fell so happy work there with lovely residents. I don't said anything bad about this place.
Great for education, not so much home life
Unit Manager, RN (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHSeptember 3, 2017
Company has policies and procedures in place for just about everything. Excellent source for education. Unfortunately, they are more focused on the numbers (bodies in beds) and don't take into account the amount of time each individual patient requires for optimum care. Many nurses having to stay over their shift just to complete charting. The staffing ratios are unrealistic to give safe, quality care which has contributed to burn out and nurses leaving the company. We went through our entire full and part-time staff in just 22 months!
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Poor staffing ratio
good example of how to provide memory care
Resident Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Easton, PASeptember 2, 2017
It was a great opportunity to learn and grow as a nurse. I enjoyed nearly every aspect of my job. Hiring/retaining suitable staff was a big challenge. I often had to cover open shifts in addition to my other job duties, resulting in little time for anything else.
I just needed something with more hours
I Help aide them (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2017
I loved it helping the elderly and assisting them in daily living activity and watching people advance in their everyday life I found the most fun in seeing people from a wheelchair able to walk out of the hospital on their own
nice people to work with
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILSeptember 1, 2017
awesome coworkers, i learned so much from everyone that worked there. I'm still in touch with many of them. They help out with every situation. admissions are a lot but they can be done easily
Pros
food
Cons
can't seem to finish on time
Great co-workers
Dietary Aide/Cook (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIAugust 31, 2017
I loved it here but advancement was non-existent. I worked there for five years and was only making a dollar more an hour. They always hired outside the facility for open positions in management.I had great co-workers but no one was like excited to come to work the next day. Stressful, but okay.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no advancement
productive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 31, 2017
Sitting and answering phone calls as well as filing papers. I always had a productive day at work and I enjoyed working with my co workers. It was never a dull or bad day at work. Everyone is always happy and very polite to others. The environment was great and jobs got done quickly when everyone is working hard.
nursing home
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  MissouriAugust 30, 2017
Skilled nursing facility/ nursing home in rural Missouri. One RN per shift to care for/chart on approx. 20-35 patients. enjoyed the residents, difficult to care for so many patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCR ManorCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9