HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,221 reviews matching the search
a warm, friendly caring environment.
GNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 4, 2017
The day was 8 hours, I enjoyed helping my residents . the hardest part of the job is working with combative residents. The co workers at that time sometimes did not have good team work, the management was good at helping with any problems.
A amazing place to work
Assisted Living (Former Employee) –  Union, SCJanuary 4, 2017
I loved working here you just have to have alot of patients. Great place to work I'd love to go back if the pay was better. If you have patients and nurse abilities then I'd recommend working in assisted living!
Pros
Great staff, awesome residents, fun place to work
Cons
Management would sometimes bother you
Maintenance assistant
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 3, 2017
Learned a lot of plumbers little secrets being that toilets would break or clog everyday that had to be fixed. With around 50 hvac units to service and maintain and me the only certified employee to do it would take three days to change all filters.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
2% raise is all u will ever get first one 90 day and then every year
Environment of promotion
Director of Care Delivery (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIJanuary 3, 2017
If you come to work, work hard, there are many opportunities for advancement and recognition. No nursing job is simple, but there is much reward in putting in hard work for the people who need you most. Teamwork as requested, dedicated staff especially during hard times. The best part of this job is when push comes to shove there are many people willing to step in where there is a need.
RN Nurse Supervisor
RN Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 3, 2017
HCR provides opportunities for growth and advancement. Ongoing education to enhance nursing skills by providing consistent in-services within a rehabilitative environment.
Pleasure working there, but there is room for improvement in Nursing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Yesterday was a good experience for me. I had a patient in distress, I was able to make a quick assessment, evaluation, stabilize and have patient transported via 911 to the hospital.

I have a passion for nursing and enjoy caring for my patients. The hardest part of my job is losing my patient. I enjoy working with other people and i'm a good team player.
Pros
Good Teamwork
Room for improvement
Lousy place to work. No team work. Racism
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLJanuary 2, 2017
I would NEVER bring any family member or friend to work here. The nurses are LAZY and MANAGEMENT will not help!! The call lights stay on and The nurses sit at the nurses station and do nothing. Very discriminative!!. THIS PLACE is always short staffed. I've had 20 patients on one shift!! Ridiculous!! Not enough workers and definitely not enough pay!!

I really enjoyed this job at first, but any time i needed help i couldnt find anyone because most of the cnas were sleeping in patient beds or hiding behind curtains or doors on their phones! Of course i checked my phone occasionally, but i wasn't about to hide in a room and play on my phone while i feed a resident or just cause i wanted people to think im busy. Management wasnt forgiving on employee availability or requests. I understand sometimes you have to deal with things in life, but when it means anxiety attacks almost daily.... something needs to change
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Under staffed. No help. Lazy co-workers. Nurses are racial.
I have nothing to write.
Director of Facilities Operations, Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLJanuary 1, 2017
I have nothing to write and don't agree with Indeed's policy of having me do so. I refuse to write a review, subsequently leading others to form biased opinions that may or may not have any relation to their position.
Alot of friendly staff
Activities Assistant /Dietary (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 1, 2017
Alot of friendly staff their , some not so friendly . Residents make you smile alot . Dietary department head cook is awesome , if you show you want to work he goes above & beyond to give you work .
Pros
Having employee of the month
Cons
Hiring staff who don't know what they are doing
Most definitely need to pay more for the work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  North Charles st.December 30, 2016
Manor care nursing home was good,management could have been bette,but overall it was a good different kind of experience,I had worked with many people
Pros
Free lunch sometimes all depends on the cook that day
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks on some days
Positive workplace
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 29, 2016
Positive workplace. Very ethical company that ensures compliance and doing the right thing. Very well respected company. Nationalcompany offers options.
Quality company
Regional Quality Assurance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 29, 2016
Very unusual leadership. Company micromanages every person yet there are large gaps in terms of people performing the tasks required in their own roles.
HORRIBLE establishment
They expect you to be everything certified or not (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILDecember 28, 2016
If I could give management and job culture no stars at all, I would. It is severely understaffed, they don't respect employees, management does not lift a finger, etc. The only positive aspect was working with the residents. Please do not waste your time and just look elsewhere!
Pros
Working with the residents
Cons
EVERYTHING else
love my job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PADecember 28, 2016
i love my job... i love working in health care. its very hard working in a place where they do not know how to run a place but i love my co workers and i love my residents.
Pros
the girls i work with, my job in general
Cons
just the way the run the place
This was my first job out of nursing school.
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PADecember 28, 2016
This was my first job out of nursing school. It gave me experience and there were a lot of great nurses and CNAs that taught me a lot. The management was not that great either were the benefits.
Fun place to work!!!
Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILDecember 26, 2016
I loved working for this company. The staff really worked together make sure the residents and patients were taken care of to the best of their ability.
Reason for leaving, moved to Colorado
Health Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILDecember 23, 2016
A typical day at work included: daily census, Assemble and code new admissions, Audit current charts for required documents, Release of Information per HIPAA guidelines.
Close charts of discharged patients.
Government work
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 23, 2016
This is one of those companies that is run and dictated by medicare/Medicaid. Management doesn't care about the staff, only getting the task completed.
Lovely people to work with
STNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHDecember 23, 2016
It's an ok work environment working 3rd shift. the 3rd shift staff is nice and friendly so are the the patients. Work load can be heavy due to lack of staff , but over all just an ok work place
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Staffing, incentives
Love the patients not the workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLDecember 22, 2016
This is a great place to work if you like to work alone. I love my patients and they are my main priority but when you need help you can't find anyone. They are hiding in patients rooms, calling asleep on their patients room, hiding in the dining rooms on their phones, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCR ManorCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9