HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,830 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 12, 2016
Productive and fun workplace,everybody was very friendly,helpful.I enjoy my time working there,a bit more help would be lovely for beginners who cant work under pressure.
Bad staffing, high turnover, and poor management
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 12, 2016
Way too many many patients per nurse, you spend much of the shift passing meds with little time for other patient needs. Little teaching, you just have to pick things up as you go along. Everyone complains about the conditions, every department is understaffed.
Productive and fun place to work
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 10, 2016
I loved working here. Any way that I can help someone or make a difference in someone's life is important. Being there for someone, having long conversations and just being a great listener is very important.
Good Work Place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henry, ILMay 9, 2016
I have worked for the company for many years, and overall have been very satisfied with the job. Management is very good at working with a busy schedule, if you have kids I would suggest working here. While the pay is not the best, I feel like it makes up for it with how flexible they are and your co-workers will be a pleasure to work with. Everyone is very good at helping each other, and you dont work short too often. Overall have been very satisfied with this job.
Pros
Flexiability
Cons
Pay
great
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2016
Great workplace best kept secret. They really care about there patients and employees. I love it here. Would recommend to everyone. Great morale. Great staff.
Poor follow through from management
LPN supervisor- Rehab (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, MIMay 7, 2016
My Co-workers are wonderful, we have a great Patient care team. When resolving issues that require management to be involved they do not stand behind their workers or support them. The hardest part of my job is being staffed well enough to give attention in proper amounts to the Pt.Overall I enjoy most aspects of my job, love the team. What is lacking is management support and follow through.
Hooooooooorrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanahan, SCMay 5, 2016
I was there as a Cna for 2 years. Staffing and supplies is unbelievable!! There were times we had to work with 2 cnas on evening shift leaving us with a 1:23 staff to patient ratio!! Picture that on a long term unit with only one working lift machine, majority of your residents are heavy total care, no bed linen available, savaging for briefs because there's never any stocked, dinner time with about 10 feeders, ONE nurse to pass meds....and the ironic thing is that the worker responsible for scheduling and supplies was chosen as employee of the month!! IN WHAT WORLD YALL!!! We had a nurse that would come in to work in a wheelchair because she did not want to call out because she knew we had nobody, THATS employee of the month material!

The workers there are definitely like a family. I think we had to be under the circumstances!! The residents make you want to come back. I loooooooooooooooove them!!!!!

If this is your first job as a Cna do not work here. If you've had plenty of years in experience and know how to balance your duties and don't let stress overtake you then you'll be fine! It's going to be crazy but we all know how that goes!! I left because of a better job offer. I survived there by setting my mind on getting the job done at my own pace, you can't let them work you!! If you seem stressed it becomes hard. If you seem happy they leave you alone and your job gets done before you know it!!
Pros
Flexible schedule(maybe TOO flexible)
Cons
Lack of staff
poor
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 5, 2016
unorganized would not recommend this job to anyone management was horrible and unprofessional would not work for this company again
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, IL 60007May 5, 2016
I was exposed to a variety of patients. I learnt a lot in terms of patient family care and how to handle difficult situations such as death or explaining a loved one has a terminal disease.
Closed location with only one week and half official notice
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 5, 2016
Hard work taking care of total care patients. Not enough hands on training for new hires. To many repeated call out for some employees. Turn over rate extremely to high for a company old as this one.Over look long time employee for top nursing position for unskilled new hire with title behind names. Needs One Chief in charged. This company could get their name back if One True Loving kind Christian was giving a chance to take charge. Happy employee Happy Residents. Residents are the ones not getting all they need. Old School CNAs and Nurses! I remember when they use to care!!
Cons
Free headaches, heart attacts, high blood pressure ..............
Clean facility
Housekeeping Services (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 4, 2016
Building needed a lot of work , to become up to expectations of the state no one gets along , jobs and position and employees are segregated
advancements wonderful
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 3, 2016
my first job as lpn pay was excellent employer compassionate with staff very concerned about staff mental health wonderful work environment
Productive Environment
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne, PAMay 2, 2016
Place is great to work. You learn lots of cool things. Employees are supportive and willing to assist you if you need help.
Great Job
PRN, Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 2, 2016
I love this company. The workers and residents are very nice. My coworkers were very helpful and they taught me a lot of new things. This company was a great learning experience.
good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIMay 2, 2016
I would provide the essential CNA cares throughout the shift such as; bathing, feeding, ADL, ROM and the obvious holistic patient care.
nice people i work with
Certified nurse assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 2, 2016
superrvisors only seen once a day. they hang out on the second floor often.really don't know many people .only the ones I work with
Nice and clean environment to work in.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 30, 2016
I enjoyed the residents that i helped daily but we were under staffed alot. There was not enough team work and alot of co workers with bad attitudes.
Fun place to work
CNA (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILApril 30, 2016
I like working there fun place to work the work is not that bad co workers are great I love working with the residents thats all I have to say
Pros
TEAM WORK
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
Hard work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLApril 30, 2016
Patients in LTC environment rely on you for daily activities including ADL's and many can not walk or stand. Hard work but a good place to start.
Pros
Good place to start
Cons
salary workload
32 to 1 nurse!!! Say what!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAApril 30, 2016
are you ready to be the ONLY nurse on your floor passing meds to 32+ patients, doing treatments, documentation, Doctor orders, and more. Well, that's pretty much what you will be doing. It's a good place to learn about some experiences but your licensed will also be in jeopardy!!!
It is impossible to provide adequate care to 32 people in a 8 hours shift! No way. Most of the time I can't even finish my documentations, some of the residents are taking 10+ pills and you may have to 2-3 meds pass for all the residents and some seem to become addicted to the narcotics and keep ringing the bell every minutes asking for a narco. The MD are rude and Most of the time they will take their sweetest time to call you back to confirm an order. You will be missing lunch, breaks and of course you won't be going home at the time you are Schelduled to leave because if you have a new admission or someone fall then get ready to do some documentation for the next 2-3 hours.

I WOULD RATHER WORK FOR $10 per hour for another place than jeopardizing my licensed that I worked hard for to earn.
Pros
The nurses and some of the CNA's are friendly and helpful
Cons
The patients to nurse ratio is ridiculous.

2.9