HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,830 reviews matching the search
i loved this job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILApril 29, 2016
this job was the first job to teach me that I really love being certified nursing assistant. I loved the residents and the staff I had to let it go because I moved.
terrible place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 29, 2016
By far the worst company I have ever worked for. Their management team only cares about money. Its simply a numbers game for them. They will praise you one minute then throw you under the bus the next if they think they can save themselves. You get written up even if you are sick and have a legitimate excuse. Under their policies it states the sick policy. For a company that takes care of sick people you can't ever get sick. I have seen them go through 4 DONs in under a year.
Pros
nothing
Cons
human resources, sick policy, uncaring environment
Do not work here
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 27, 2016
Horrible company to work for, management does not listen to concerns. You will be left alone to answer call lights with 20 or more people due to lack of communication with co-workers. Lazy management and other CNA's do not seem to care of anything more than just a pay check.
Pros
Loving Residents
Cons
Bad managment, lazy co-workers
A excellent learning experience
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 25, 2016
This job was a learning experience,I learned a lot being that I only been a lpn for 4 yrs. I loved most of my colleagues and residents just not enough nurses at times
Pros
was like family
Cons
Each station ran differently and not enough nurses
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laureldale, PA 19605April 23, 2016
Not a bad place to work, but the pay and benefits are not very good. And as a CNA, there really is no chance for advancement. There is no CNA team leader program.
Pros
$3.00 weekend program differential
Cons
Benefits, Pay
Productive and fun place to work!
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 22, 2016
I loved working for HCR until they merged with Manor Care. The staff and supervisors felt like a close-knit family. There was a lot of opportunity to grow. This is one job that I regret leaving.
ManorCare has a very good rehab program
LPN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 19, 2016
I enjoyed working with the elderly. I learned a lot about wound care, tube feedings and IV site care. The management was not always very nice to the staff. They were not very encouraging to the staff.
Pros
Great rehab program
Cons
Difficult working with management
Productive and fun place to work
HR/Payroll Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2016
Assisted in making life a little bit easier for those that cant help themselves in Dallas Oak Cliff area. The residents made this place a pleasure to work and able to give back and help families with their loved ones
day/evening charge nurse
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Valley, MOApril 18, 2016
A typical day at work involved supervising CNAs and CMTs and overseeing care of 20-40 patients, including Med A/abt assessments/documentation, narcotic/scheduled/PO and IV/IM/transdermal medication adminstration, wound care and treatments. I learned time management, delegation and supervisory skills. The hardest part of the job was probably end-of-life therapies; the most enjoyable part was working with my CNAs/CMTs.
Pros
semi-close to home
Cons
minimal breaks; working past 'quitting time'
day/evening charge nurse
Day/Evening Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOApril 18, 2016
A typical day involved managing the care of 30-40 patients, including Med A/ABT documentation, wound care, and administration of controlled substances and IV/IM medications while supervising CNAs and CMTs. I learned time management and supervisory skills. The hardest part of my job was the end-of-life moments; the most enjoyable part of my job was the teamwork!
Pros
close to home
Cons
minimal breaks; working past "quitting time"
Turn over all the time!!
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHApril 15, 2016
I have never seen so much turn over in management or care staff!! It was crazy. They are always cutting costs by getting cheaper supplies- makes life very difficult! A pretty building isn't everything, thats for sure!
Pros
steady paycheck, but wages too low
Cons
turn over, poor quality supplies, no teamwork
busy
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 14, 2016
It was always busy and had to do everrything within a certain time or else everything would be messed up. The residence were picky with the food but we did try to please them by trying to change somethings on the dinner menu. A lot of cleaning.
Great place to work, outstanding therapy team
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2016
Patients couldn't be in better hands with our therapy team, great teamwork and atmosphere. Documentation standards are a little overwhelming
Pros
Great work team
Cons
short lunch breaks, low census
Job at Manor Care
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILApril 13, 2016
The job at Manor Care was learning experience, you meet different races of people, learned about different diseases, illness and hospice care.
Pros
15 minutes breaks, 30 minutes lunch
Cons
Death of someone
Great Job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLApril 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at Manor care, i was always new challenge but that"s okay because i had positive team co-workers to help me when i had allot on my hands. i learned how to fold napkins a certain way.
Pros
free food
Cons
healtcare
great job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLApril 12, 2016
Being a Dietary aid was always fun. I enjoyed every day working in the kitchen helping serve the patients. I had a chance to get creative and make their deserts and set the tables. Also i washed the dished making them sparkling clean for the patients.
Productive and a wonderful learning environment
Admissons Nurse/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHApril 12, 2016
My typical day at work is extremely productive. I learn and grow from my job every day. I have learned the business development side of long term care and drive of census development. I have been able to manage and market within the community, answer inquiries about the facility and follow up on discharge patients. I have helped coordinate in-house events, purchase and create marketing materials and offer support to my administrator when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was obtaining the knowledge of the admission process, improving customer service satisfaction scores and facilitating tours with in the facility.
Great Team
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNApril 11, 2016
I work with a great group of professionals!
I enjoy working here, because everyone joins together to support the patient population, as well as, each other.
Pros
Coworkers- clients- independent work type
Cons
Work schedule can be hectic you have to be flexible and well organized
certified nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Laureldale, PAApril 9, 2016
my co work I like it is the supervisor most of them r not nice
I love my job working with the residents
I do not like working there
Great
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOApril 8, 2016
This was a great place to work, and I would recommend it to anyone. There was nothing bad about this employer. I had some great years working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCR ManorCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9