HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,229 reviews matching the search
HORRIBLE establishment
They expect you to be everything certified or not (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILDecember 28, 2016
If I could give management and job culture no stars at all, I would. It is severely understaffed, they don't respect employees, management does not lift a finger, etc. The only positive aspect was working with the residents. Please do not waste your time and just look elsewhere!
Pros
Working with the residents
Cons
EVERYTHING else
love my job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PADecember 28, 2016
i love my job... i love working in health care. its very hard working in a place where they do not know how to run a place but i love my co workers and i love my residents.
Pros
the girls i work with, my job in general
Cons
just the way the run the place
This was my first job out of nursing school.
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PADecember 28, 2016
This was my first job out of nursing school. It gave me experience and there were a lot of great nurses and CNAs that taught me a lot. The management was not that great either were the benefits.
Fun place to work!!!
Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILDecember 26, 2016
I loved working for this company. The staff really worked together make sure the residents and patients were taken care of to the best of their ability.
Reason for leaving, moved to Colorado
Health Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILDecember 23, 2016
A typical day at work included: daily census, Assemble and code new admissions, Audit current charts for required documents, Release of Information per HIPAA guidelines.
Close charts of discharged patients.
Government work
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 23, 2016
This is one of those companies that is run and dictated by medicare/Medicaid. Management doesn't care about the staff, only getting the task completed.
Lovely people to work with
STNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHDecember 23, 2016
It's an ok work environment working 3rd shift. the 3rd shift staff is nice and friendly so are the the patients. Work load can be heavy due to lack of staff , but over all just an ok work place
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Staffing, incentives
Love the patients not the workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLDecember 22, 2016
This is a great place to work if you like to work alone. I love my patients and they are my main priority but when you need help you can't find anyone. They are hiding in patients rooms, calling asleep on their patients room, hiding in the dining rooms on their phones, etc.
clinicals
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 19, 2016
-feed them (some of them don't like to eat)
-Change adult pampers/wipe butts
-give them baths/ bed baths
-dress them
-give them medicine (some don't like taking medicine and they give you a hard time)
-Change sheets/spread the bed
-help lift them out of bed carefully and putting them gently in their wheelchair. some people need a machine to get them out of bed- its called a Hoer lift.
-making sure their skin/health is Ok
-filling out paperwork/checklists, stating what you did for the person I learned how to deal with the patient and even how to deal with things when its really stress full, how to also dealt with some co-workers who are have nasty attitude sometimes. also I learn that you can make the work place your home to feel comfortable and free. management was great we understood each other perfectly my co-workers was easy to work with because I am a friendly person and easy to make new friends and also easy to get along with. The hardest part was getting the job be side that I was great the enjoy the part were I can work as a CNA and help those I really need us and are like family cause that's how they treat us the same way we treat them, being a CNA is a
  more... great job to have you are helping those that need you and also your letting the family no that you are trust worthy with there families life's  less
maybe not choose this place.. bethel park location
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethel Park, PADecember 18, 2016
I really enjoyed this job at first, but any time i needed help i couldnt find anyone because most of the cnas were sleeping in patient beds or hiding behind curtains or doors on their phones! Of course i checked my phone occasionally, but i wasn't about to hide in a room and play on my phone while i feed a resident or just cause i wanted people to think im busy. Management wasnt forgiving on employee availability or requests. I understand sometimes you have to deal with things in life, but when it means anxiety attacks almost daily.... something needs to change.
good place
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 17, 2016
preoperative team provide excellent patient care good management the coworker enjoy their work the team good communication the place with good reputation
Poor working conditions
CNA (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 16, 2016
Overall atmosphere negative. Staff poorly assigned to keep staff motivated. Patients have mental illness and staff is not adequately trained to handle. Patients obese and often staff is short to transfer these patients. Staff injuries high.
Pros
As much overtime as desired
Cons
Lack of skilled workers
A productive work place everyday
LPN (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 16, 2016
I enjoy working here being a team player also helping my computer workers with IV,so and drawing blood. I love to come to work and take care of the residents. They look forward to seeing me and me as well.
a see saw of rules behaviors and expectations.
Certified Nursing Assistant/Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 14, 2016
The arrival of anyone new triggers jealous and teenage behaviors from some staff that was corrected by some and encouraged by others. The pay was not reasonable for the amount of work and responsibilities that you were required to complete during a shift. The most enjoyable was the camaraderie between some patients and the staff.
Pros
Bring a distraction of fun and friendship to a mundane day.
Cons
Too many people interrupting the routine and daily activities and plans.
Worst place ever!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelphi, MDDecember 13, 2016
I would NEVER bring any family member here. The nurses are LAZY and MANAGEMENT will not help!! The call lights stay on and The nurses sit at the nurses station and do nothing!!. THIS PLACE is always short staffed. I've had 20 patients on one shift!! Ridiculous!! Not enough workers and definitely not enough pay!!
No team work & way under paid
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Easton, PADecember 13, 2016
No team work, under compensated, over worked, no communi action between nurses and staff. Pulled from one section to another, without any knowledge of the residents your taking care of...
Pros
Cons
under paid, no team work
Ok place to start off
Floor Technician/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Yeadon, PADecember 13, 2016
Nursing home environment. If you like working around older people. The smells may get to you a little. The pay is not great and neither are the benefits. Its just a job
Productive and fun workplace.
Sitter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 13, 2016
A typical day at work is usually assisting clients with personal care. what I learned was how to properly care for clients. The most enjoyable part of the job spending time with clients. They make going there meaningful. The hardest part was leaving when I moved to a new city.
HCR Manor Care Review
LPN (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHDecember 13, 2016
this is a typical floor nurse position, care of residents via medication pass, treatments and coordination with physicians for care and updates. No real challenges. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the residents, my passion is for seniors!
Good company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MODecember 12, 2016
Great co-workers, I enjoy coming to work great company to work for.
Easy work
A great place for overtime
Good mangers
Good benifits
A family kind of company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCR ManorCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9