HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

Great Resume Starter
Administrative Service Assistant (PT.) (Current Employee) –  Silver SpringSeptember 8, 2015
If you are just starting out in the medical filed will look good on your resume. Some managemnet teams are excellent to work for.
Bad Manangement
CNA (Former Employee) –  HCR Manor Care West Green Bay WiSeptember 8, 2015
The residents are great but the management there is awful. There is too much turn over here and you work short handed all the time. No team work at all.
Pros
The residents!!!!!
Cons
Just a lunch break no 10 min break, short staffed ALL the time, too much turn over, did not treat their employees very well.
I worked there for 2 weeks and got out
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  HCR ManorCare Belden Village Canton, OhioSeptember 5, 2015
I took the RN position even though I was told it would be on rehab and it turned out not being true, and even though I was told there was a part time position, but when I went in I was told there was only full time. The workload was overwhelming and I felt unable to deliver safe, quality care. When I began to fear that my license may be put on the line working there, I left immediately!
Pros
Uniforms provided.
Cons
Few or no breaks. Constantly asked to work double shifts.
I enjoed going to work
Riverview Skilled Nursing & Senior Living (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILSeptember 3, 2015
I enjoyed the co-workers and my employees. I got to interact with a lot off our properties' seniors and even the short term patients. Developed good working relationships with my co-workers. I believed in the services provided, especially the therapy.
Akron Manor Care
RN Supervisor/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Akron OhioSeptember 2, 2015
For the most part there is teamwork and caring for the patients. Beginning of the shift get report, organize patient needs, and start the shift. Hardest part of the job is when there isn't enough communication. Communication is very important for the unit to run as smoothly as possibly. Most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that I did my best to care for and help my patient return to maximal function, it is a slow and constant struggle for the patients, So you must do the best you can to help and support.
Pros
Constant use of clinical skills
Cons
......
unrealistic expectations of employees
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2015
Always understaffed and supervisors expect you to do everything from med pass for 30 patients (only one of me) and at the same time take on admissions, answer phones, do treatments, call in labs, schedule appointments, and the list goes on! It's unsafe and unrealistic. Also, we are more of a psych facility because this company does not care what kind of patients they accept. This company is all about making money so they don't want to hire desk nurses or med aides to help us and accepting all kinds of patients that should be in different types of facilities such as lock down units, just so unsafe! The only reason I've stayed as long as I have is because I adore the people I work with! But am considering changing jobs soon, if only we could get some help around there, or change their expectations of hall nurses.
Pros
great people to work with, made lots of friends
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, overworked, understaffed
Review
PT (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 31, 2015
Working with rehab and long term patients with a goal of improving QOL and for some, returning home. Interdisciplinary meetings with other staff members as well.
I miss the patients/families but not the company.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILAugust 28, 2015
Staff are promised everything on hire; then management insist the staff perform like a machine when it is convenient for the office schedule. The supervisory and office communication toward field staff is dismal. As of 2015, they are still not computerized. They spend thousands on marketing but minimal on nursing staff. Lowest paid in the area. I had to give them 2 stars, because the program wouldn't allow 1.
Pros
fellow employees are trying their best
Cons
Supervisers and Office staff are completely apathetic
poor upper management
employee (Current Employee) –  Kingston CourtAugust 24, 2015
Very little care and concern about the employees or patients. Too many of the healthcare providers for there only for a paycheck and not to do a good job. Management stays to themselves with very limited interaction with employees or patients. Staff are not held accountable for their actions. Favorites are well known.
None at this time
CENA (Current Employee) –  Whitehall, MIAugust 20, 2015
Great management. Residents are a blessing. Co-workers have great teamwork skills. .Good salary. An overall good place to be employed.
In the Kitchen
Staff (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 19, 2015
It used to be great place to be, the former director cared much the food prepared, always in stock, good quality of food. Helpful, approachable manager, does work in the kitchen help the staff. But now the current manager does not care much. Cannot even supervise and direct his employees. Even the products needed not enough always ran out. Patients are complaining the food sucks, undercooked. Poor quality... We are serving to the seniors/old people; many have health issues. Understaffed, many are cancelled for how many days, yet no overtime allowed. Intense !!!
Fun place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  PAAugust 18, 2015
A typical day is fun place to work. The experience is great! My co-workers is outstanding! I enjoy my job! I'm really, really learning a lot!
great learning
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, PAAugust 18, 2015
good learning experience, lots of settings and medical experience
great place for beginners to work very family oriented
Manor Care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Topeka KansasAugust 17, 2015
This company is a corporate care facility for skilled nursing and assisted living parties. We took care of patients that either lived there permanently or were recovering from hospital procedures and working with the therapy department in order to return home. The hardest part of this job is realizing that you can only do your part. You cannot make others do their jobs the proper way, and when other peoples' lives are in your hands its hard to watch things go undone. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to put a smile on the face of a patient who has no family that comes to visit and no apparent reason to find happiness within themselves. When you can make a sick person smile, or an elderly woman with no memory laugh, it far outweighs the bad.
Pros
my patients
Cons
getting used to death
schedule was fabulous
Weekend Manager/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 14, 2015
16-hr shifts are long and grueling at times but overall, it worked for me. Friendly atmosphere and good food. Prompt help by most of the LPN and several of the CNA....when you could find them.
Pros
2=day work week
Cons
No free meals
dont work here
residential care giver (Former Employee) –  allentownAugust 14, 2015
There is nothing but drama. The bosses are jen and sharon. Both of them are fake as ever. The pay is terrible. U will start at 9.40 and dont even think that they give raises because they dont. Its a whole lot of work with no advancement. Most of the employees turn on each other. Dont work there, too many females and whole lot of drama. Not worth the time. Just do homecare.
Pros
patients
Cons
managment and pay
CNA
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yardley, PAAugust 12, 2015
I worked in Yardley. The pay rate was 10/hr and I loved my supervisors. they where helpful and understanding. Fun place to work at. Dining room assignment is a breeze. gives a break from wiping butts
Pros
Good Teamwork, Leinient Supervisors, Consistent Assignment
A day at work,
cna (Current Employee) –  gigharborAugust 10, 2015
i dont like it here the new managment sucks the director of nursing is so disprespectuful and taking nurses sides over nursing assisnts side even that the nurses are wrong
Pros
Manangment sucks
Cons
non
The benefits are terrible
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDAugust 8, 2015
The company's salary scale is ridiculous, though the staff is wonderful to work with, you learn a lot of skills though.
The hard part of it all is that you work so hard, but the environment most of time does not commesurate with the pay.
Very unprofessional atmosphere.
CNA (Former Employee) –  pottstown paAugust 8, 2015
I would not recommend anyone working for this company. If you want to work long hours and overtime with no support and no pay increase this is the job for you! Never enough staff and management will screw you over if it will help them.