HCR ManorCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,394 reviews matching the search
Wonderful place!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 13, 2017
I adored the staff and the atmosphere was full of compassion and knowledgeable care! I felt very welcomed there and it was apparent that the patients were loved and well taken care of.
Typical nursing home environment.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WI 53144April 13, 2017
Through the course of time that I was working there the company got rid of their rehabilitation wing and staff. Towards the end of the time that I worked there they let go of many of the staff who had worked there longest and really knew what they were doing, then hired younger and less experienced staff. Overall the work environment was typical of most nursing homes.
very fast paced
Staff Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salida, COApril 13, 2017
Long term care is twenty-four hour care, The work never stops. It is constant chaos all day everyday. The management has changes several times since I worked there. End of life care was my favorite part of the job. Ensuring families understood the process and making the patient as comfortable as possible during the dying process is highly rewarding.
Pros
close to home, schedule
Cons
work load, poor managment support
safe worplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 12, 2017
you need transportation to get there and back to complete your hours.
its good but too many responsibility kiosk machine , and too much bossing around
It was okay until the first 2 weeks
Dietary Aide/Cook (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIApril 12, 2017
I work in the kitchen and it wasnt organize and we always work short and the manger did care but the administrator only care about customers service and didnt the place just sucks
fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAApril 11, 2017
most of the time busy a lot of patients to take care of. I learned a lot from this place very helpful co workers and also patients are very nice, the job is really what u expect sometimes it hard but it is fulfiling to help other people especially patients see their smiles and appreciate you.
Pros
helping patients best feeling ever
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work!
Resident Caregiver / STNA (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHApril 11, 2017
The building its self isn't anything fancy and could use updated. Caring and compassionate staff from the top down. Less stressful than most facilities I have worked in.
Pros
Great work environment!
Cons
Benefits only for full time employees, not the newest facility.
Complex
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 11, 2017
156 bed facility. It's most like any other facility with good and bad qualities. Provides skilled rehab, dementia care and long term care. Works with many practitioners.
Pros
Close to transportation
Cons
Staffing issues
Good summer job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 11, 2017
Good summer job for college student, able to get lots of hours per work and the pay was decent. Daily it was a lot of work but you were kept busy and earned the money you worked for.
Treated fairly
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 10, 2017
Directed all operational and management functions for this multi-site provider of in-home medical services with 50 clinical, technical and administrative personnel with revenues of over $3 million.
 Developed and managed multi-million dollar budgets for certified home care, hospice and private duty offices.
 Implemented a successful strategic organizational restructure to prepare for a significant change in Medicare reimbursement methodology in 60 day period. Developed and implemented strategic business development plans. Negotiated contracts with third party payors.
Fun people to work with
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2017
Vey fast paced facility. You had more than enough work to do to keep you busy all day long. Between admissions and medical records your busy. Lots of physicians come in to the facilty throughout the day.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
The day went by to quickly
Nice place to work
LPN Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DelawareApril 8, 2017
Works their nurses really hard. They are not sensitive to circumstances of their employees. They do keep supplies stocked and have an up to date system
Pros
Flexible schedules
fun working place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Winter Springs, FLApril 7, 2017
very, demanding and challenging, and always put the patients loves ones safe and comfortable. helping them throughout the day with daily activities and fun games.
Pros
free CPR classes
Cons
healthcare
Beautiful, homelike enviornment. Warm and friendly staff
Heartland Hospice House (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 7, 2017
I worked 3-12 hour shifts in a row from 7p-7a. This really took a toll on my family and my overall well-being. However, I loved everything about Heartland Hospice House. I was afforded the opportunities to help someone through the hardest part of their life...death. I was able to provide comfort to patients, families/friends of all ages. I was respected for my knowledge and expertise as well as for my compassion, sympathy and empathy. Everyone I worked with was called there to do this job. Hospice is truly a calling and takes a special kind of person to be at the forefront.
Pros
Love Hospice...very rewarding in every sense of the word
Cons
Long 12 hour shifts that never ended at 12 hours.
Great Stepping Stone
Resident Counselor/CNA (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 7, 2017
This employer is a great stepping stone. I have learned alot and appreciate the opportunity that was awarded me. I wish and hope them all the more success
Productive place to work with strong educational opportunities.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILApril 5, 2017
The company is fun and fast paced with many rewards for working there. They give back to their employees and are concerned towards excellence. Free food also.
Basic Skilled nursing faciltiy
Charge Nurse/ Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 5, 2017
Medicare covered service and is health care that is provided when skilled nursing or rehabilitative services are needed to manage, observe and evaluate the care an individual receives. Medicare skilled services are provided for a short period of time (e.g. 100 days or less).
Skilled nursing facilities are licensed by each State’s Department of Health and Human Services and are certified by CMS for the provision of Medicare services.
The skilled nursing setting provides intense skilled nursing care aimed at helping an individual regain or maintain their independence and level of functioning, to the extent possible, or to provide comfort and support for the end of life
dietary aide
Cook/ Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHApril 4, 2017
I was able to have a experience of working with older people and get some experience, learned alot of things. Managment was very understanding, hardest thing was learning everyone diets.
Poor
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethel Park, PAApril 4, 2017
I love being a CNA but this was not my best work experience. The Managers were not up to par. I feel as if they didn't care about the residents they way they needed to be cared for.
Wonderful people to work with
Dietary Cook/Aide (Former Employee) –  Ionia, MIApril 4, 2017
I loved taking care of the patients and making them happy and helping to maske there day the best you can and them enjoy what you made for them I would still be there if I didn't move
Pros
Makes you feel good to ma ke rge patients happy
Cons
Hard to see poeole pass away

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCR ManorCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9