HCR

HCR Employee Reviews

Productive, careing, nuturing day.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Bloomfield, MIDecember 30, 2014
Pros: i love my job
At Heartland Manor Care I am a night shift aide. My night starts when I come in and greet my patients and let them know that I will be there to help them throughout the night. Everyday I learn that everyone have different lifestyles and beliefs. My support system (management/co-workers) are most helpful in leading to a very productive. the hardest part of my job is taking care of a resident for so long and watching them expire. the most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of and helping people that has lost the ability to care for themselves.
good challenge
Private Pay Team Leader@CBO (Former Employee), Columbia, MdDecember 1, 2014
Pros: the manager recognized my abiitly to accomplish collections for pp
Cons: unprofessional management
Enjoyed my work. collections were tough for Private Pay but I was able to use my friendly personality to come to some type of agreement.
Wonderful atmosphere to be a part of.
Clerical (Former Employee), Henrietta, NYJuly 23, 2014
Pros: wonderful staff
Cons: no outside smoking area
The staff here was wonderful to me while I was there for a short while.
If management feels like you are a doing a good job, they make it a point to tell you.
family atmospher
STCNA (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2014
Pros: i won a free 42inch t v for best attendent
Cons: not enough care giver
I love that they had lot,s of activty,s for resident,s I like that it was a clean and well maintain.
Productive and fun workplace
Activities coordinator (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere, steady workload
Cons: short breaks, no healthcare
I worked with people who over the five years became like family. We still keep in touch today. I learned a lot about loyalty and what hard work can accomplish. It was a great place to grow. I felt as if everyday I had the opportunity to help someone and make a difference. I also was asked for my opinion and helped plan some amazing holiday events. I became a leader and really mastered my public speaking. I know now what it takes to run an office trust, confidence, and knowledge.
Professional and Caring atmosphere
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee), Boulder, COJune 14, 2014
Management and co-workers are the best. The best part of the job is the patients. The hardest part of the job is there are too many patients and not enough staff.
HCR Manorcare
Licensed Clinical Intern at SunServe (Current Employee), Broward and Palm Beach County, FLJune 4, 2014
Excellent work environment. Great team work.
Many facilities to work in, so if you want to move there are many opportunities to transfer.
enough to get you through
Network Security Engineer (Former Employee), Toledo, OHApril 18, 2014
not a bad place to work. you work with young, inexperienced adults. at times, a fast-paced business. Is a good money-making business. good starter or second job.
Heartland/HR located in Brookfield, Wisconsin focus on home care, hospice and IV promotion in Wisconsin.
Account Liaison (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIDecember 23, 2013
Account Liaison position with daily client interaction and building long term relationships with key decision makers within the home care, hospice and IV business areas.
Productive day
Nursing Student (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYDecember 17, 2013
Visit patients in their home daily completing assessments, administering medication, and documentation. Learned how to adapt care based on patients level of education and in their environment.
Productive, fast paced work place with many helpful empolyees
Manor Care Nurse Aid (Former Employee), Spokane, WANovember 11, 2013
Pros: good hours, plenty of overtime
Cons: short breaks, not eligible for healthcare until after your 90day period.
As a nurse aid, I was mainly responsible for patient care, which was the most enjoyable part of the job. While managing a patients' physical needs I was also the main advocate between the patient and the nurse or the families and the nurses. I was also able to provide emotional care to families with loved ones at the end stages of their lives, which taught how important it was to have a team of people behind you to help one throught the grieving process. The hardest part of the job was getting used to all of the changing staff and residents that moved through out the facility.

My co-workers were my main support system and they help get through all the ups and downs of the job, while mamangement made sure to help me learn the ropes and figure out how to work each station that I was placed into.
Great hours
Self (Former Employee), Branson, MOApril 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: low pay
Pace class employment . Volunteering is good for anyone..It was a love interest I enjoyed.
HCR
Auditor/Trainer/Coder (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSMarch 12, 2013
Being responsible for 100 percent of Emergency Room coding and auditing ten percent of the base specialty clinics, the typical day was reaching the goal of 97 percent accuracy with a three person team. It was very satisfying that we were able to accomplish the goals. The most enjoyable was providing education and training to the providers and coders.
management ruins therapy. Only concerned with productivity not patient care
therapist (Former Employee), akron, ohJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: none come to mind
Cons: management, empty company slogans, stressed out therapy team, no appreciation, no concern with patient care
The rehab manager is only concerned with numbers not patient care. Productivity and payor source is king. No concern regarding patient care. If you are scheduled 75 minutes of rehab with a bed bound patient and you do not bill all 75 minutes you are expected to leave work early.
Good, steady job
COTA/L (Former Employee), West Bloomfield Township, MIDecember 3, 2012
Pros: steady job
Cons: client treatment was expected every working minute, no time for locating clients or paper work
I begin each shift by finding my case load; then I ensure I can treat each client within the specified time frame. I then begin working with clients, teaching & working with them as specified in their evaluations. The most important aspect learned in this job has been time management. The rehab team was varied in ages, backgrounds, education and life style. Working in this rehab team helped me to have a fresh outlook. The hardest part of this job was the pressure from administration to see as many clients as possible.
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the clients families to help them return home.
constant schedule change
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 27, 2012
no room for growth, unprofessional, over worked, stressful

HCR Salaries