HCR Employee Reviews

PRN work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJuly 11, 2017
No major complaints. However, the rehab place could have been managed better with the number of clinicians on board. PRN staff could have been better utilized to improve their satisfaction scores
Good opportunity for those in sales
Telemarketer Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 26, 2017
I gained a lot of customer service experience, by working with customers continuously during my shifts. This place has a great atmosphere to grow and learn, mostly about assisting customers and selling.
professional work atmosphere
Commercial Group Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 2, 2017
a typical work day would be coming in to input information into the computer system. Daily meetings. Every now and again talking to different companies on the phone. I've learned through out the years the different software components for the various positions I've held, and how important it is to be a team player.
Average
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXApril 13, 2016
He was bored and would not give his management staff management over their staff. Would get on the phone and chew night shift out in the middle of their day shift. Was verbally abusive. No rhyme or reason how he hired and placed people in position.
The nursing team was extraordinary. Never given credit for hard work and the administrator did not have my back.
Cons
Nursing staff rarely got meals or breaks.
Working Accounts Receivable
Externship (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 28, 2015
I enjoy working in A/R, due to me working closely with the insurance companies on denied claims. I enjoy working in billing trying to get all money that is due for services that were rendered. It can be challenging and I love a challenge.
unstable work enviroment
nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 9, 2015
Often forced to work several hours past scheduled work hours ,difficult to get pay raises and insurance.Extreme work duties unable to get breaks or even lunches.Racial profiling within the company very obvious
Pros
made to clock out for lunches when no lunch was taken
Cons
no breaks due to extreme work load and duties
Exciting and fulfilling
Residential Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pikesville, MDJune 2, 2015
I have to gather the residents for the daily activities that encourage them to remain physically and cognitively involve with others and their environment. While working at HCR Springhouse I have learned that even at the later stage of life people need to keep their body's active and their mind active at every cognitive level of function. Working within the elderly population it is essential that I am aware of my time; however, I do have some leniency with rearranging the schedule to accommodate arise issue. My co-workers are very helpful.
Productive, careing, nuturing day.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, MIDecember 30, 2014
At Heartland Manor Care I am a night shift aide. My night starts when I come in and greet my patients and let them know that I will be there to help them throughout the night. Everyday I learn that everyone have different lifestyles and beliefs. My support system (management/co-workers) are most helpful in leading to a very productive. the hardest part of my job is taking care of a resident for so long and watching them expire. the most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of and helping people that has lost the ability to care for themselves.
Pros
I love my job
good challenge
Private Pay Team Leader@CBO (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MdDecember 1, 2014
Enjoyed my work. collections were tough for Private Pay but I was able to use my friendly personality to come to some type of agreement.
Pros
The Manager recognized my abiitly to accomplish collections for PP
Cons
Unprofessional management
Wonderful atmosphere to be a part of.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJuly 23, 2014
The staff here was wonderful to me while I was there for a short while.
If management feels like you are a doing a good job, they make it a point to tell you.
Pros
Wonderful staff
Cons
no outside smoking area
family atmospher
STCNA (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2014
I love that they had lot,s of activty,s for resident,s I like that it was a clean and well maintain.
Pros
I won a free 42inch T V for best attendent
Cons
Not enough care giver
Productive and fun workplace
Activities coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 7, 2014
I worked with people who over the five years became like family. We still keep in touch today. I learned a lot about loyalty and what hard work can accomplish. It was a great place to grow. I felt as if everyday I had the opportunity to help someone and make a difference. I also was asked for my opinion and helped plan some amazing holiday events. I became a leader and really mastered my public speaking. I know now what it takes to run an office trust, confidence, and knowledge.
Pros
Family atmosphere, Steady workload
Cons
Short breaks, No healthcare
Professional and Caring atmosphere
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 14, 2014
Management and co-workers are the best. The best part of the job is the patients. The hardest part of the job is there are too many patients and not enough staff.
HCR Manorcare
Licensed Clinical Intern at SunServe (Current Employee) –  Broward and Palm Beach County, FLJune 4, 2014
Excellent work environment. Great team work.
Many facilities to work in, so if you want to move there are many opportunities to transfer.
enough to get you through
Network Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 18, 2014
not a bad place to work. you work with young, inexperienced adults. at times, a fast-paced business. Is a good money-making business. good starter or second job.
Heartland/HR located in Brookfield, Wisconsin focus on home care, hospice and IV promotion in Wisconsin.
Account Liaison (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 23, 2013
Account Liaison position with daily client interaction and building long term relationships with key decision makers within the home care, hospice and IV business areas.
Productive day
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYDecember 17, 2013
Visit patients in their home daily completing assessments, administering medication, and documentation. Learned how to adapt care based on patients level of education and in their environment.
Productive, fast paced work place with many helpful empolyees
Manor Care Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 11, 2013
As a nurse aid, I was mainly responsible for patient care, which was the most enjoyable part of the job. While managing a patients' physical needs I was also the main advocate between the patient and the nurse or the families and the nurses. I was also able to provide emotional care to families with loved ones at the end stages of their lives, which taught how important it was to have a team of people behind you to help one throught the grieving process. The hardest part of the job was getting used to all of the changing staff and residents that moved through out the facility.

My co-workers were my main support system and they help get through all the ups and downs of the job, while mamangement made sure to help me learn the ropes and figure out how to work each station that I was placed into.
Pros
Good Hours, Plenty of overtime
Cons
Short breaks, not eligible for healthcare until after your 90day period.
Great hours
Self (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOApril 6, 2013
Pace class employment . Volunteering is good for anyone..It was a love interest I enjoyed.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low pay
Hcr
Auditor/Trainer/Coder (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMarch 12, 2013
Being responsible for 100 percent of Emergency Room coding and auditing ten percent of the base specialty clinics, the typical day was reaching the goal of 97 percent accuracy with a three person team. It was very satisfying that we were able to accomplish the goals. The most enjoyable was providing education and training to the providers and coders.