Forbes 2013 Best Banks in America
Heartland Financial has an opportunity for a Fixed Asset Accountant to join our team in Dubuque.
The Fixed Asset Accountant is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing a system for the accurate accounting, reporting, controlling, and safeguarding fixed assets.
1. Coordinate, update, and maintain the tracking database for new and existing capital and non-capital fixed assets including asset identification tagging, location identification, physical count, and departmental equipment custodians.
2. Conduct periodical and annual fixed assets physical inventories, and coordinate assets physical inventories with Managers.
3. Coordinate transfer of equipment with Facilities and Operations, and update the assets module with each transfer.
4. Reconcile fixed assets module with related fixed assets general ledger, and coordinate any variances with relevant fixed assets accounting staff.
5. Provide assistance with the implementation of processes in relation to fixed assets safeguarding.
6. Assist with the development of written processes and procedures for identifying, tracking, transferring, reporting, and as requested, disposing of fixed assets
7. Identify existing assets without identification tagging numbers, assigns new identification numbers, and posts the newly identifiable assets to the asset module.
8. Supply information for inventory reports as well as other assets reports and records.
9. Provide cross training to relevant staff in relation to fixed asset processes and procedures as required.
10. Daily Prologue maintenance
11. Setting up new GL accounts and cost centers
12. Assisting with report creation and formatting
13. Assisting with acquisition conversions
14. Ensure daily interface between Prologue and FISERV
15. Review and clear daily open items in Prologue
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
2. Minimum 3-5 years of experience in General Ledger and Fixed Assets Accounting.
3. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office software applications, spreadsheets, and databases.
Competitive Salary, Excellent Benefits, 401K!
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please visit our website at https://www.htlf.com/#/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer