HHA

HHA Employee Reviews

Going into different homes offered many challenges.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), South Bend, INJune 22, 2015
Pros: I self managed my responsibilities
Cons: no control when client cancels. lack of consistent hours.
My typical day had many mixed shifts and hours. I predominantly worked am to help all ages but mostly seniors get ready for their day. I realized early on going into homes had positive and negative issues. The positive was trust the families had in me to come in knowing I would be there and on time. The negative was, I never knew actually, what I getting into, until I showed up. It definitely was challenging dealing with hoarders, excessive animals, uncleanliness, rodents, the next shift not on time, and clients cancelling while in travel. There were strong relationships I created through consistent trust. Some clients only had the system and whoever showed up. Knowing I got that person through another day was my reward.
PACE PROGRAM
DME Coordinator (Former Employee), BRONX,NYJune 22, 2015
Loved working with the elderly.I felt satisfaction when i would contract home care hours and they would come to me and tell me how happy they felt not being alone at home, and having that extra hand to help them with their daily functions.
good place to work
HHA (Current Employee), Naples, floridaJune 17, 2015
most enjoyable part is being able to help people. Management is always helpful. anything that you need they try to help you with it.
Love the work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), NY,NYJune 7, 2015
Pros: all of the above
Cons: None
it depends of the indivual you are assigned too, but you did everything as planned on their plan of care provided in the home
fun workplace
BAYADA NURSE (Former Employee), Union City NJ 07093June 6, 2015
Arrive on time
Assist to my patient with bath, clothes, made food and some errands.
Take her/him to the doctor office.
The hardest part is leaving and let them along.
I enjoy my job and help the People.
good working environment
home health aid (Current Employee), San Leandro, CAJune 2, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: short breaks
I work mostly by myself and that helps me to be independent.
I enjoy going to work because the clients are awesome. my client is a student so when I get there in the morning, I give him bed, dress him up, feed him then wait for his driver to come pick him.
Great Place to work
DARYEL Healthcare Center LLC Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Saint Augustine, FLJune 1, 2015
I work in a highly-motivated, cooperative group this company that is very employee focused. I am very satisfied with my current and previous temporary contracted jobs!
Great
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Novi, MIMay 6, 2015
love they treat employee like family great benefits they really appreciate their employee and they show it all the time
the job is very flexible with my home life
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 23, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: drviving all over the city
i go to cleints home make meals for them, remind them of meds if needed, run errands for them, basic home cleaning and keep them company...i don't know any of the other coworkers expect for the office staff, my job is very easy, but ilove working with my clients ive done this kind of work over 20 years.
is fun and reasonable work environment
Visiting Angels (Current Employee), newington, ctMarch 30, 2015
remind patient of medicine to take in the mornings evening an night. help/assist patient with regular daily activities. I've learned that not every case and environment is the same and to ask for assistance when needed. my management is as helpful and attentive as possible.my co-workers are always willing to give as much incite as possible the hardest part about this job is not being home a lot most enjoyable part of the job is getting connected with the patient and gaining their trust.
Port Jefferson,N.Y./ Selden,N.Y.
Interim Healthcare (Former Employee), Stony Brook, N.YMarch 26, 2015
Interim Health Care is the best one in the Stony Brook area. No health insurance benefit for full-time employee. You can get 40 hours a week. Direct deposit every Friday.
Very exciting, and high demanding job. Keeps you busy.
Scheduler (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, teamwowrk environment
Cons: twelve hour shifts
Compile, copy, sort, and file medical records. Answer multi-line phone system. Verify medical insurance. Provide excellent customer service.
Enjoyed working with seniors
Home Instead Senior Care (Former Employee), Punta Gorda, FLMarch 18, 2015
Pros: enjoyed listening to stories about her life in the past
Cons: she had a dog that was not trained very well, in which, he followed her around and was afraid that she would fall.
Arrive at clients home, cook breakfast, shower and dressed. I did laundry and light housekeeping for my client, Made lunch and supper. Also transported my client on doctor appointments, visiting husband in nursing home, along with hairdresser and grocery shopping.
HHA
Customer Service (Current Employee), Upper Darby, PAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: i get to work for my grandma. help her out a lot.
Cons: management
A typical work day of work for me is going food shopping, cleaning, and just organizing. I learned that helping someone out can really change there life. The management is just management. The hardest part of my job is letting my patient help her out. The most enjoyable part of my job is that my patient is my grandma.
The most enjoyable part of the job......
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Pierce, FLFebruary 5, 2015
I enjoy being interactive with people. I have been in the medical field for about 18 years now.... And I love what I do and that's taking care of people and caring for them and there family members...
Great Environment
HHA / CNA (Former Employee), Fairfield/Vacaville, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: lovely residents
Cons: private hire
A typical day at work is very busy and fast paced. Making sure that all tasks are done completely, timely, and correctly.
Heart Warming place to work with patients.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day for me start in the evening I service my client with the up most care and respect, I cook dinner, give bed baths light house cleaning and medication reminder. I provide services to people who are chronically ill to live a normal and comfortable life as possible. I learned how to communicate and interact with patients and staff. Everyday is a learning day for me. Management is Great co-workers are very nice and respectful. The hardest part of the job is when you patient is no loner being serviced at the company saying goodbye. The most enjoyable part of the job is the valuable time spent interacting with the patients and the smile you put on their face the moment you enter their home.
productive
Senior Helpers (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: learning new things
Cons: pay
every day is a learning experience. you learn need things about different people
Great way to get experience with one on one patient care.
Care Manager (Former Employee), Dix Hills, NYJanuary 1, 2015
During my time as a HHA it prepared me for what it was going to be like when I became a CNA. I performed daily duties for the patient(s).

The only thing I did not like was the fact that as a HHA you would do so much work for such little pay.
Very productive and fun to work for
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 19, 2014
Pros: when i prepare a meal for the patient in there homes. they tell me i can have something to eat, sometime i have my own food.
Cons: will there we no such thing as a break because, when we finish the am care we both just sit and watch tv, or play games, or i help him on his computer.
My day at work with this agency was very fun. I love working with my co-workers and my patients in there homes. My patients were very fun and enjoyable with at all times we got alone well with each other. I learned how to treat people in there homes and help thim out with a lot of there daily living in there homes. My management was very prompt and on time when there were something going on with the patient in there home. My co-workers were very nice and sweet people to work with we got along very well. We look out for each other when one of us need a day off. There was no hard part in my job. I enjoyed working with my patients. Sometime we went out for a ride to get out of the house such as to a park for a picnic or just to have lunch.

1 2 3 4 5

About HHA

HHA Services, originally Hospital Housekeepers of America, was founded in 1974 by Daniel W. Bowen, Jr. in Detroit, MI. "Big – Read more

HHA Salaries