This architect/engineer will proactively manage the environment through performance, capacity and configuration management reports. The Engineer will interact with internal sales and technical resources to deepen our customer relationship. The Engineer will also interact with the customer directly on case updates, recommendations and improvements. This is a unique opportunity in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative environment with hands-on access to leading edge datacenter, virtualization, storage and Storage technologies.
Key essential skills include Architect level skills in: Symantec Net Backup (NBU), VMWare
- Bachelors or Associates degree in a technical discipline.
- 3-5 years of managing Storage solutions including Symantec NetBackup (NBU). Knowledge of other solutions including CommVault, Legato Networker is a plus.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Practical knowledge of Storage hardware including Quantum, Oracle/Sun/StorageTek, and SpectraLogic Tape libraries; and Quantum, Diligent or EMC/Data Domain Virtual Tape libraries.
- Practical knowledge of SAN and NAS disk products including Network Appliance and Hitachi arrays; certifications in Network Appliance hardware fundamentals a plus.
- Proven experience with UNIX operating systems, especially Solaris. Experience with RedHat Linux, AIX and HP-UX a plus.
- Proven experience with Oracle/Sun servers a plus.
- Proven experience with Windows server operating systems, including NT, 2000, 2003, and 2008; certifications a plus.
- Proven experience with VMWare, ESX Server, and vSphere a plus.
- Practical knowledge of DNS, Active Directory, Novell NDS, TCP/IP; knowledge of Cisco, McData, and/or Brocade routers and switches a plus.
- Knowledge of Storage and archive of Microsoft Exchange, Oracle and SQL databases a plus.
Indeed - 11 months ago