Home Health Connection one of Central Ohio's leading supported living agencies has immediate openings for Developmental Disabilities Direct Support Staff.
All prospective Support Associates should have valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, High school diploma or GED. Experience in the field of Developmental Disabilities, and/or with Extreme Behaviors (this is a requirement to be considered for the position working with the individuals who have difficult behaviors). Must show proven ability to work in a team oriented atmosphere.
The Support Associates approach should create an open, positive and inclusive atmosphere. The Support Associate is also responsible for demonstrating strong positive ideas about professional conduct and rights of individuals served. Serving in a Support Associate capacity, chosen candidates should demonstrate the ability to provide for consumers Privacy, dignity, independence, choice and self-fulfillment and show significant understanding of relevant regulations put forth by local county boards and the agency.
1. Provide direct care services to the consumers served by the agency.
2. Provide emotional support to consumers and their families.
3. Following direction of the Home Manager to meet consumer service needs.
4. Maintain open lines of communication with the Home Manager, Support Coordinator and Program Coordinator in order to provide superior services to consumer.
5. Ensure that consumer questions and concerns are forwarded to Management in a timely manner and that all complaints are dealt with in writing to ensure a positive outcome.
6. Ensure that company policies are adhered to in order to protect and safeguard the consumer and support staff
7. Ensure that all required documentation is completed accurately and submitted to specified supervisor within agreed upon timeframe.
8. Ensure that consumer’s rights are respected at all times.
9. Ensure that consumers are safeguarded from physical, verbal, financial, psychological and sexual abuse, neglect, and self-harm, in-human or degrading treatment, through deliberate intent, negligence, or unknown specification in accordance with written policies
10. Ensure that as a mandated reporter, that all instances of suspected abuse, neglect, misappropriation, or other unusual actions are reported in a timely manner in accordance with county board and agency Guidelines.
11. Continually observe professionalism at all levels of service delivery, and be an active role model for consumers served.
12. Other duties as assigned that are not identified in the job description that falls into the capacity of a Support Associate.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive description of duties and responsibilities and may be amended as needed for complete service delivery of consumers being served.