A fast growing medium size Home Health company in Columbus Ohio is looking for Home Health Physical Therapists to work around the Columbus, Ohio area. One year clinical experience in an acute care setting preferred. Clinical experience should have occurred within the last three years unless currently employed in home care. Opportunity to earn over 100k with full benefits including Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision. Paid vacation, sick and holidays.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Develop and implement a rehabilitation program consistent with the physician’s Plan of Care. Confer with physician and clinical team members if adjustments need to be made to Plan of Care.
- Supervise, educate and evaluate Physical Therapy Assistants performance in implementing physical therapy services.
- Observe, record, and report the patient’s reaction to treatment and any changes in the patient’s condition to the physician and/or nursing supervisor.
- Provide patient education, hands-on care, case management and evaluation of the care plan and education of patient and family members responsible for patient care. Instruct patient, family, and home health staff in the use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes, and prosthetic devices.
- Make patient-centered decisions in order to provide optimal outcomes for our patients.
- Complete required records, assessments/care plans, clinical visit notes, communications notes, team conference notes, and discharge summaries, and documentation in a timely manner.
- Work as a part of an interdisciplinary team. Attend weekly case conference and other meetings as required.
- Demonstrate excellent observation, assessment, judgment and communication skills. Ability to provide accurate written documentation in a timely manner.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision. Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- Must possess effective time management skills.
- Evidence of leadership abilities or management skills.
- An absolute love for patient care!
- Degree from an Accredited Physical Therapy Program that is approved by the American Physical Therapy Association, the Committee on Allied Health Education, and the Committee of Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association and has met any state specific home health requirements.
- Current and unrestricted license to practice Physical Therapy in the state of Ohio.
- Current CPR certification.
- One year experience as Physical Therapist preferred.
- Prior Home Care experience is preferred but not required.
- Must have valid state driver’s license, reliable transportation and auto insurance
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Home Health Connection proudly offers the best and most reliable home care service in Central Ohio. Since our company was founded in 1999, we have spent the past decade providing our clients with compassionate home care services, ranging from Developmental Disabilities Services, Skilled Services and Non-Medical private duty services.
We are a Medicare-certified home care agency with the capacity to perform services that include skilled nursing, physical, speech, and occupational therapy, medical social work, and home health aide services.
Indeed - 5 months ago