Travel Consultant/Honeymoon Sales Consultant
HOTTRAVELDISCOUNTS.COM – Washington, DC 20005
WASHINGTON DC MARKET
Job Title: Refering Travel Consultant
Responsible for all sales activities in assigned accounts or regions. Manage quality and consistency of product and service delivery.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We provide the best price on the internet. Our agency has over 30 years of combined industry experience to better serve you, our client, with your corporate and air travel needs. From getting the best deals, to VIP treatment, to having someone to turn to when the unexpected occurs, a travel agent is a traveler’s best resource.
We are proud members of The Travel Institute. We have joined with household such as Expedia, Cruise Brothers and many others. We are Master Agents for Secrets, Dreams, Now and Sunscapes Resorts and we are also a Preferred Sandals and Beaches Resorts agency. Why use a Master Agent or a Preferred Sandals Agency? We undergo extensive annual training in order to be considered resort specialists and we travel to the resorts in order to assist you in selecting the perfect resort for your dream Caribbean vacation. We know the best suites, the best restaurants, the best beaches and key resort contacts. Our goal is to exceed expectations every time with outstanding service.
1. Assist clients in finding travel package deals for honeymoons.
2. Aid clients with reservations, transfers, changes, and cancellations
3. Book domestic and international reservations for air travel, rail tickets, hotel and car rentals
4. Secure new client sales and retention through customer service provided
5. Monitor and sort global distribution system (GDS) queues (or similar program) to maintain quality control
6. Stay educated on airline rules, regulations and current affairs
7. Create service contracts for group travel
8. Provide alternatives for customer travel.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows. Travel may be required 1 day every 2 months on the weekend.
2. Follow-up for collection of payment.
3. Coordinate shipping schedules and delivery of merchandise and services.
4. Provide on-the-job training to new sales employees.
HR CAREER COACH KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
You must be located in the Northern VA, Washington DC, and Maryland.
1. Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
2. Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid state drivers license within 60 days of employment.
3. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.
4. Ability to persuade and influence others. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques. This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Bachelor's Degree and three to five years of sales or marketing experience
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. You may Telecommute. Work requires some local travel and may require occasional overnight travel and /or evening work as needed.
This position is a fee based position. With the potential to make 80,000 plus a year.