HP Hood LLC

HP Hood LLC Employer Reviews

Do not work here!
Warehouse Superintendent (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 12, 2014
Cons: you name it.
I you want to give your life to a company and wonder if everyday will be your last at this job, then this is the place for you. Upper management is in way over their heads and keep people in place to use as scape goats to cover up their inabilities to handle this plant.

Keep in mind it doesn't matter who you are, you are disposable and reminded of it weekly.
Great Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Agawam, MANovember 7, 2014
Everything I know about customer service I learned from Hood this is great place to work and develop your skills. The management team is very motivating and fair. Good pay too especially compared to other companies.
great products
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Arkport, NYJuly 24, 2014
Each day is something new and different. Small town. Close to Hornell and shopping center.
good company
Customer Service / Inside Sales (Former Employee), Agawam, MAJune 5, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: changes taking place brought down moral and bad training on certain managers made job not doable.
Different Departments have different managers and rules. Some departments are very enjoyable others are not. Great company to work for if you have the right manager.
Big company with some minor changes could be great.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Agawam, MAApril 1, 2014
Pros: big company, lots of work
Cons: not many opportunity for job advancements
Always work to do. I have learned to manage my time and be more productive. I have put myself out there to learn different types of jobs in order to move up with the company as well.
worst job i ever had very mis managed and unsafe hood arkport ny
operator (Former Employee), arkport nyMarch 4, 2014
Pros: good pay and insurance
Cons: definetely have to be family or drinking buddy must be willing to break the laws to work here
Former employee ...yay .. taught mamy important safety rules that were extreamly important and crucial,And were the law!!! Only problem is they never fallowed these rules to get things done on time management fudge paperwork nonstop to satisfy FDA its just a matter of time before people die no joke!! When you try to do the work the right way you get chastised for taking way too long to finish the work and your job gets threatened all the time the best thing they did was to let me go becouse i took too long and refused to take shortcuts and risk lives .Ill sleep good at night they can't say that:)
Career orientated professional with room for advancement and growth
Driver/Operator (Current Employee), Concord, NHSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: healthcare benefits and working with members of the community
Cons: extremely physically demanding
Responsible Driver adept at navigation and efficient, on-time deliveries. Possesses a comprehensive visual memory and an excellent sense of direction.Customer-oriented Driver who maintains thorough and accurate records and notes to keep management informed of delivery progress.Patient and safe delivery professional offering 3Customer-oriented Driver skilled at promoting customer retention, assisting with loading and unloading and completing precise logs and paperwork. years experience, a clean driving record and a current CDL. In-depth knowledge of safety and traffic regulations and defensive driving techniques.
Don't Do it!!!!!!
Packaging (Former Employee), SodusSeptember 20, 2013
Cons: the whole aptmosphere
I personally worked for this company for a total of 3 months until I ended up in the hospital and had emergency surgery. It was either have the surgery and be out of work for a month or die. I had the surgery had excuses to be out for a month but 3 days before I was suppose to go back Human Resources calls me and says I was let go. I asked why and they just said they could not hold my job any longer!!!! So yes they will throw you away before your probation period is up and yes they will work you to the core. I was working 12 hour days 7 days a week for 4 weeks no days off at all!!!!!! Only reason I stayed is because I liked the pay and over time, but I am a single mom so I had to have a sitter for all of those days and I never did see my daughter much!!! They do not care about it, they don't train you very well and expect you to be very quick even if you hurt yourself they do not care!!!!!! The people you work with are nasty also. I was told that the company could not do that because I had an excuse but guess what they can do whatever they want because you don't mean anything to them!!!!!!! And forget about asking to go to the bathroom that is just out of the question.
Meat Market
manager (Former Employee), HatfieldApril 16, 2013
Pros: good local team
Cons: lack of upper management support
They will beat you into the ground. The management team wants to run the company form a distance and keep turnover going. No support.
overall a good place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Agawam, MAMarch 9, 2013
Pros: very safety minded
Cons: too much micro management
The employees are very hard working. The maintenance staff are very professional. The managemnet team works very hard to keep the plant running and safe
Pay is Good nothing else
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
Let me give you the inside story of this company if you want to stay and pass your probation period because they will toss you away like nothing even though you are good, hard-working person. 1. Never report any sexual harassment, injuries/accidents, or anything related to safety. They promoted and even encourage you to do so. But those who has reported such things NEVER pass probation. 2. Avoid the old-timers there. They will sprout lies about you to management and management will not bother to check the facts to avoid confrontation. To basically survived your probation period- keep your head down and shut up. Be invisible yet do your job.
Prepare to work long 12 hours shifts, holidays, and mandatory overtime. Understand that Hood don't appreciate what you do for them and could be easily replaced by others who are desperate for a job.
Otherwise, the pay is awesome and there are a few people there who are genuine, nice and passionate about their jobs.
Was a great job until the plant closed
QA Lab Technician (Pasteurizer/Yard Jockey) (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYDecember 18, 2012
Fast paced, long days and nights, a lot of overtime, and had great co-workers.
Productive and friendly place to work
Procurement Intern (Former Employee), Lynnfield, MANovember 10, 2012
I interned in the corporate buying group with an excellent group of individuals. Plenty of high impact projects and assistance. I was able to work with BPCS, Papervision and large Excel data sets. Clean, quiet environment and a variety of work.
Honestly the WORST job I've ever had
Aseptic Lab Technician (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 22, 2012
Pros: hourly rate is high
Cons: everything else
This company does NOT value it's employees. It uses them and then spits them out. Breaks & lunches are not given to you on time or at all. You're supposed to work 8 hour shifts but are then told you have to stay for 12 hours, its mandatory. Pay checks are often short your overtime. You are not special to them, you are just a cog in the machine that can be replaced if you don't fall in line. Don't plan anything on the weekend because you will be working most if not all Saturdays, and sometimes Sunday. This job is a union job but the union does not protect your interests ( breaks, overtime, etc). You are not given holidays, they expect you to work and just pay you holiday pay.They will hire you and fire you before your 120 day probationary period is over. All of your union dues and $350 initiation fees will not be refunded to you either.
Do Not Take This Job!
Outstanding company. Extremely well managed
Retail Service Representative (Former Employee), Lynnfield, MAJuly 30, 2012
Pros: great compensation for mileage
Cons: wear and tear on vehicle
 Worked exclusively in the major retail supermarket chains merchandising distinct product lines located throughout Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
 Assisted store managers with resets, grand openings, shipping orders and concerns regarding product placement in the store.
 Stocked shelves, rotated products, organized and rotated backroom inventories.
 Placed instant redeemable coupons on products in an effort to promote new items and increase sales.
If you think you will succeed as a Supervisor you are wrong
Rather not say (Former Employee), AgawamJune 27, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: no life balance, paid less than those being supervised, backstabbing politics
A typical workday for the rookie Route Supervisor: You are an underpaid route jumper. Working six days a week you will make the same as the drivers do on a four day work schedule.

If you enjoy stress, ignoring your family, having no life balance, and enjoy getting stabbed in the back by other supervisors and the current Transportation Manager, by all means apply.

November 22, 2012

The management in Phili. pretend they are on your side so they can get behind you to stab you in your back. They burn out their supervisors with six, 10 hour days if your lucky. Mgt. forces you to take their side even if the hourly staff is right. Be careful its not a very safe place to work. They "talk the talk, but don't walk the walk".

Great place to work . . . if you don't have a life
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Winchester, VAMay 9, 2012
Pros: make lots of money working overtime !!
Cons: the rest of your life ceases to exist . . .
If you have kids, kiss em goodbye !! Once you sign on with this outfit, you won't be seeing them much. The corporate philosophy is PRODUCTION 24/7, no matter what. There's no such thing as holidays, that's just good PRODUCTION time going to waste !!

55-60 hours a week is the normal average. All regular plant workers are subject to being "drafted" to work shifts on their days off. Hire more employees to reduce individual workloads? Nah, bring in some cheap temps who get no benefits and half the pay . . .

Don't get sick or injured, cuz you'll be in front of the firing squad in no time. Forget the doctor's excuse - it won't matter. Many employees were penalized (and some were even fired) because they couldn't make it to work during the blizzard of February 2010. Others slept on tables in the breakroom in order to make their next shift and avoid trouble. They all got gold stars !!

So if you have no family, no friends, no hobbies or interests and no desire to do anything but work, this is the place for you !!
Quality and customers
Quality Shift Manager (Current Employee), Winchester, VAApril 21, 2012
Pros: quarterly bonus
Cons: location
A typical workday consist of 12-hour work days, troubleshooting equipment, assessing and reassessing priorities, dealing with customers (internal and external) and focusing on solutions, interacting with management team, HR, co-workers and subordinates on a daily bases. Making sure that we, as a manufacturing plant, are making the highest quality and safest food products available for sale to the consumer.
What I have learned is that a team may not always consist of a 50/50 split, my part may consist of 75% and the other 25% from the team. That it takes the entire team to be successful. I have also learned that flexibility and communication with management as well as plant personnel is a key part of the success of the organization.
When working along side my co-workers, I find being consistent in my environment is an essential part of the work flow or productivity. Being an example to co-workers in setting higher standards along with consistency.
The hardest part of the job is recognizing that I cannot always see the product through to the end.
The most enjoyable part of the job is exceeding the standards or reaching the goals set.
Productive, Relaxed Hard-working employees
HR (Current Employee), Lynnfield, MAFebruary 28, 2012
I love the people and that everyone works so hard and that the employees could have five years of service to 30 o 50 years of service. Great company to work for and great job stability.

May 10, 2012

Do you need to know someone to get your foot in the door? I have applied and have heard nothing. I did a follow up call but no one has called back.

May 18, 2012

I applied and just checked my status to no avail. Any info on the HR Manager position in Agawam? Is the job still available?

November 29, 2012