HP Employee Reviews

Found 3,527 reviews matching the search
Its a job it can be a career with more education.
Technical Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIFebruary 14, 2017
The job I do is entry level there is room for advancement with specialized knowledge, database management, project management, Technical management, but like i said you must come in with this education to make a career here and as we all know technology changes fast so it would seem to stay competitive you will need to stay in the know about enterprise technology, plus corporate policy and procedures.... sounds like more schooling to me.
Pros
Its a respectable work environment, has cafeteria, management tries to maintain open door policy.
Cons
Usual pay people need to make a living.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Training & Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 17, 2016
I have worked for HP / Hewlett Packard Enterprise for 27 years. HP/HPE have fantastic work cultures with world class practices around diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, ethics, and career advancement. Work is engaging and challenging. Employees are rewarded for exemplary performance. HP/HPE foster highly engaging work environments that foster teaming and productivity.
Pros
Culture, benefits, compensation, work-life balance
Cons
The company is changing and becoming more volatile based on competitive demands.
Excellent collaboration and opportunities for innovation
Systems Architect (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Working at HPE has been a great ongoing experience. I have learned a lot about solutions architecture as well as had opportunities to be part of efforts across the company to innovate in various areas, and I feel that management is generally there to enable us rather than hold us back. The hardest part of the job is working with a distributed workforce, but this has led to its own benefits as well.
Pros
Work-life balance
Challenging corporate environment with good management
Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 4, 2017
I learned a lot of new skills at HP around Release Management, and the onsite/offshore development model. Good flexibility of onsite and remote working. Change happens slowly due to the large corporate culture.
Pros
Good work life balance, telecommute two days per week
Cons
Salary not very competitive
To heavy on project management and to light on engineering
System Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 4, 2017
HP use to be a great company. When I first started it was still a great place to work. Over the years it bent to product cost pressures and watered down it culture through acquisitions. By the time I left I had three project managers managing my one engineering piece. Due the heavy outsourcing HP management felt they needed to add layers of project managers to monitor and track everything. It became a bad place to be a technical employee. My day often started early in the morning and didn't end until late at night due to all the meetings during the day and the need to get work done that was then done at night.
Pros
Still had smart people there when I left.
Cons
Hours were long, losing the technology battle, poor management, lots of layoffs in US, lots of outsourcing, poor mergers causing disarray which causes poor product execution
mirco mangement
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2017
Heavy workload, no training, the way most learn system or policy is error's recieved. Management is all friends. No promotion within this office, no pay raise and lots and lots and lots of overtime. Even though this is a technology company they are very far behind the times in this office. Still have paper EVERYWHERE.
Pros
Great paid time off
Cons
no pay increase, lots of overtime and no promotions
At this point financials mean more than anything else. Customer experience takes a back seat.
Account Customer Satisfaction Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2017
This company was great for many decades. Now they are struggling to understand how to make money in the newest reality. Their traditional markets are shrinking, margins are dropping and competition is better than ever. They are lay people off, selling units off and outsourcing processes all in the name of the bottom line. No question the bottom line is critical. But they still advertise great service and support and it just isn't true. Culture stopped meaning anything years and years ago. Still lots of good people who work hard every day.
Open, flexible work environment, technology driven
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 9, 2016
A lot has changed in the years I have worked at hp. In the beginning hp was known for the best work environment in the industry. They went out of their way to hire the best of the best. If you were lucky to get hired you joined a corporate family that looked out for their own. It was like getting married. Great benefits, excellent resources and continuing education. Unfortunately since Bill and Dave's passing the company has become an aggressive overseas employer leading to reduced benefits, compensation and an atmosphere that continually has the shadow of layoff's hovering over head. Most of their workforce is now contractual with poor compensation, no benefits and frequent layoffs. A rather poor legacy to a once wonderful company.
Pros
Great facilities, flexible work hours
Cons
uncertainty in the workplace, low job security
A great working culture to work with
Service Delivery Consultant (Former Employee) –  INDecember 22, 2016
The management is highly transparent, and they recognize individuals for their contributions through appreciations and promotions.
Pros
Transparent pay structure and a work-life balance culture
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 14, 2016
HP is a great place to work. Management respects individual contributors, and places a high value on employee recognition. I would recommend HP to anyone as a great place to work. There is opportunity for training and advancement. The HP way is still alive an well with many managers, which means work life balance and flexible work schedules.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
limited advancement opportunities for administrative professionals
Just another company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 20, 2017
The HP Way is no longer alive.
The staple that made the company a great place to work is no longer around. Most of management is new at the corporate level and the ones left from the old days, they run their own show.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No teleworking and limited career path
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore INDJanuary 3, 2017
vibrant, fast paced culture
- smart, fun, aggressive colleagues
- management is focused on latest tech trends and staying or becoming a leader for many of them
- by and large, customers and partners are very positive about the technology
- good benefits and perks
Hewlett Packard Company IT - Something for everyone
Vendor Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2016
HP Inc has something for everyone. At the point of me writing this review I've been with the company for 10 years. I love everything I've learned and the relationships I've built.

Bottom line is that HP is a great place to work.

With that said.. my review is based on the companies current state. We split from HP Enterprise last year and these have been very challenging times given market changes, the changing of work force needs and overall strategy change. I personally have worked a lot for the last year & I gained the benefits of learning more and gaining that recognition. On the flip side my work life balance has suffered for me but I like to think it was my choice.

WFRs have also happened and that's something I believe more related to the industry changes.

I love this company.. current state gets 3 and 1/2 stars from me.
Pros
Fair compensation, Tremendous opportunities for growth, Always room for advancement within the company, Flexible work life balance, Workplace diversity
Cons
Self imposed long hours, Company will not go above and beyond to identify you as a candidate for a promotion
Great pay horrible CE
Inside Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 30, 2016
Awesome job. Great pay, very fun people to work with.

I was an inside account rep, worked closely with our partners in helping our clients solve their technical needs.

Terrible CEO. Would fly in and promise there is nothing going on and then lay off 20 people for no reason the next day. Seen it happen many times until it happened to me right before Christmas when i was the TOP ISR in the west coast. Denied me my bonuses and my vacation I won.
Pros
Great pay/ benefits
Cons
Very poor management/ CEO
HPE is, overall, a wonderful employer
BPO WFM Manager (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 18, 2017
However, recent shifts inside the organization caused by downsizing and the merger with CSC have created difficulties for many.

Perhaps a more streamlined and slower merger process would've allowed better integration between new leaders and existing customer and contract specified processes.
Pros
Easy advancement with hard work and dedication
Cons
Compensation is slow, if ever, to arrive
Something new every week--wether games or pizza; and the customers always had a new story to tell as to why something was or wasn't done.
Escalations Supervisor/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 1, 2016
work with advancement but never a pay raise; worked as a family where everyone was able to help each other; hardest part of job when someone expected to get a complete refund for shipments that they received 1-2 years ago; most enjoyable when able to help someone when the computer messed up and to make them extra happy!
Pros
being able to take time off and to make a difference in people's lives
Cons
no raises
Productive environment to successfully grow
Bilingual Technical solution representative (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIOctober 6, 2016
As part of the Google structure, Infinity contact offered nice an quiet environment which all the employees to learn the basis of account management and learn more about new career opportunities
Pros
free lunch, good salary structure and benefit
Cons
Parking spot issues
A good place to work with great work life balance
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 12, 2016
HP is a decent work place to work with great work life balance. The pay is reasonable. But the culture within HP is not that great.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
No advancement opportunity
Lots of room for advancement
Automation & Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 5, 2017
- Standard desk job using MS Office & proprietary software
- Management is very flexible
- Co-workers are generally friendly
- The hardest part of the job is sitting for extended periods of time
- The office is set up in 4-6 person pods and not secluded to individual cubicles
Pros
Great benefits, occasionally can work remotely
Cons
Like any large company, gossip can be an issue
Not the greatest company to work for in the IT business.
Information Technology Site Lead (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 3, 2017
No security or stability.
Served many roles through the years.
Poor Management.
Very diverse and dynamic culture.

Hardest Part of the job is making sure you have a job tomorrow.

Most enjoyable part of my job is working with the Client. I loved to delivered company objective and expectation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.

75%