HP Employee Reviews

Corporate Function (no productions roles) are treated terribly
Corporate Functions (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 15, 2017
Departments that bring in a lot of money have the best time and appreciate working at HP. Then again they get all the recognition, retention, and HP products for personal use, budget raises,and new computers, pens, paper, etc.

The none money making groups constantly get shafted no matter how much money the company makes. Take this year and all the bragging that was done by leadership and the most any of us got was 5% bonus and merit (majority was 1-3%).

The mock how little they provide yet admit that they require corporate functions (HR, IT, Real estate, Marketing, Legal, etc) do not only their jobs but other as well.

The environment is not health and some have said it rises to bullying. If the benefits were better maybe that would make up for some of the insanity and abuse, but those suck as well.

Plan to work as much as two jobs get a secondary insurance at your on cost or set money aside to cover any medical expenses, do not be appreciated, and unless you are one of the chosen ones you will not be given opportunity to change departments or be promoted much less paid at the industry standards.

What ever you do, don't need migraines, birth control pill, or sleeping medication as only ED (men's meds... apparently the name is considered inappropriate) medication seems to be covered.

Worst of all....do not have a life threatening emergency as you will be denied treatment in most cases and will be force to appeal the insurance company on you own, since HP is self insured.

Hopefully you are not a diverse candidate, there are not many of those
  more... outside of the IT program roles.  less
HAted it
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 14, 2017
I did not like this job, infact I hated it. I wish I never worked here. pay was good though. Hardest part of the job was everything very stressful....
All around great place to work!
Computer Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXDecember 14, 2017
My job at HP was the best job I've ever had. Pay, benefits and job security were excellent, and I made the best friends of my life there. Very good environment.
Pros
Benefits, jobs security, people
Cons
Training
Good to work
Senior Tester & QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 13, 2017
I have been working with State Project (CMIPS II) in HPE,Learnt a lot for my future and also good working culture
Had really good team members helps at all ime
Pros
Nice Project
Cons
No Updates
Relaxed and competitive
Systems Engineer/Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORDecember 12, 2017
Just a great place to work. Employees are treated well by management. Workload was always considered in assignments.

Also a good learning environment because assignments were also focused in broadening experience.

Employees are always recognized for our job performance.
Pros
Relaxed, learning new tools for doing our job
Cons
Only a temporary job.
Fun and relaxing
Network/Desktop Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 12, 2017
Very good company to work for. Every thing is provided for you. Very quick start up pace with. Opportunities to move around in the company. Very good experience
People were very friendly. Appeared to care about employees
Refresh Installation Team Lead Contractor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 11, 2017
HP did have a fairly structured and smoothly operating system. The work was steady.The installations of equipment involved replacing Bank of America work and teller PCs with new ones. I also had to replace and reconfigure all servers, printers and scanners, including Point Of Sale Quick Teller Service equipment on the teller lines.
Pros
Mileage reembursement
Cons
Long hours on contract when things didn't work smoothly at sites
Terrible job
Project Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARDecember 11, 2017
This was a terrible place to work. Constantly seeing people being scape-goated and thrown under the bus so their supervisors/managers could cover their own butts. Hard work/quality results = no pay raises. It can easily take 3 - 5 years to go from contractor to direct hire.
Pros
Paychecks didn't bounce
Cons
Everything else
Professional
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 11, 2017
Everything is awesome. Training was vey informative. I learned new skills and met new people. I recommend this job to anyone. It is fast-paced but you have a team.
Fun
Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 11, 2017
Typical day was me going in and helping train anyone on HP products and services.
I learned that HP has many innovations out there.
My manager was very helpful in helping me to grow the customer base whenever I needed some assistance.
The workplace was very fast paced but enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to please everyone.
The most enjoyable part of this job was learning about the newest tech before it hit the stores.
Pros
Being around the newest tech
Cons
Not being able to satisfy every customer
Easy going atmosphere at work
Sales Architect (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 10, 2017
HP was, by far, one of the best places I've worked at. You get there on time, get to your terminal, do your thing. I never had to rush, or stress. There's always at least one manager or lead there, in order to help you out if you're in a bind. The hardest part of the job is when customers aren't happy, but I think that's part of most jobs, still, there's no better feeling than finding a solution that ends up working for both the company and the customer.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, laid back, very friendly, casual attire allowed.
Cons
If you're not on top of your time for lunches and break, you might get dinged
Team oriented
Healthcare Imaging Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 9, 2017
Working at HP was a great experience and has helped me grow and understand team dynamics within a corporate agency. The work was demanding but rewarding once complete.
It was a progressive fast paced environment
Fork Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 8, 2017
It was a great job absolutely love working for the company of heward Packard. HP is one of the greatest companies I ever had work for I love working there I love the people that work there
Great Company and Technology
Partner Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 8, 2017
Great Technology and Services ... Stressful environment...lots of reports and con-calls ... reaching over to other departments was a Challenge...but always got the job done... Lay-offs are always on the Horizon....
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Lay-offs are a constant
People are cool and company treats you well
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CADecember 8, 2017
Indeed's freaking making me write a review of 117 characters. It totally sucks because i'm just trying to see what other jobs are out there and dont really care about writing a review for HP.
Lack of Organization
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 7, 2017
Great benefits, but not great management and little support/training for my position (field tech). World-wide company should be able to provide better tools, but I found them lacking.
Good company to work for in IT industry
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 7, 2017
Good benefits compare to its competition.Professional Management encourages employees to be proactive in dealing with customers issues. Management supportive of its employees activities and appreciate employees initiative to bring in additional business from its current customers.
Good
Business Analyst/Technical Product Owner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2017
This is a good place to work, I would recommand this to anyone who is starting or is fresh out of college, good place to build your prof skill.

Health Analyst
Health Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 7, 2017
This is a great company to work for. I ended up here after being a
security officer for Indiana University Health. I came into this company with great benefits.
A little bit behind cutting edge
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 5, 2017
While Hewlett-Packard is always attempting to utilize the best applicable tools, it is, nonetheless, a behemoth of industry. Changing direction often takes time, especially when a company effects millions of people across the globe. It may take more time than a sleek startup, but HP still runs with the best, and aims to top them all.
Open to suggestion and reveling in innovation, the company is ready to look into new ways of thinking and even able to reflect upon their current goals and processes.
Pros
Open to suggestion
Cons
Not as quick to change direction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.