HP
2,479 reviews

HP Employer Reviews

Great culture, great people!
Services Sales Executive (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 22, 2014
Pros: working in the field
Cons: challenging hours
HP has the most dedicated employees I have ever experienced. Transactions are handled by a team that shares the same goals. Customer satisfaction!
Call Center
Sales Architect (Former Employee), Boise, IDJuly 21, 2014
There's no negatives to take home with you. Show up, answer the phones, go home.
productive and friendly work environment
Electrical Product Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: ability to buy vacation time and work overtime when available
Cons: not a lot of opportunity to grow.
everyday will have short meeting to discuss passdown of previous shift will identify orders or issues that need to be addressed by priority , organize work load assign tasks to Lead Technicians , assist Engineers with projects and report production flow to management.

working at HP has been a great experience and my co workers are the best people I – more... ever worked with, unfortunely the company is outsorcing and doing layoffs .

HP is a good place to work , great benefits. – less
work at home
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee), work at homeJuly 20, 2014
easy work, dealing with billing and sales calls for multiple products
HP
Technical Solution Representative II (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIJuly 20, 2014
-Management is flexible with working hours.
-Reasonably generous healthcare and benefits
- Opportunities for lateral growth
- Genuinely working to improve
- Most people are supportive, willing to pitch in and accomplish goals
PACE
Engineer/Cost Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 19, 2014
Well organised and fast growing organisation in technology, they also have passion for their employee
ok
Supply Chain and Operations (Current Employee), houston txJuly 19, 2014
ok .....

What can I say?
a lot of laid offs
a lot of people finding new jobs
good people to work with
Too many cooks in the kitchen
Project Manager (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: management, healthcare
Too many cooks in the kitchen. EDS management was more family oriented and cared more about the employees work-life. The people manager really cared about the employees concerns and did something about it. When HP purchased EDS everything went downhill; now the people managers don't care about anything but billable hours.
Project Leader (Former Employee), GuadalajaraJuly 18, 2014
Pros: bonuses, taco friday, outside events.
Cons: none.
Excellent place to work, a lot to learn from every one there, excellent management skills. Nothing bad to say about them they are just great.
HP Review
Contract Technical Writer/Business Analyst (Former Employee), Providence, RIJuly 18, 2014
Good experience. Fast-paced job. Telecommuting opportunity.
Amazing place to work!
Executive Assistant/Products Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, working with great people, advancement options.
This was as well, one of my favorite positions. I gained much knowledge and was able to expand my current job role by taking on more responsibilities and by doing this, gained additional transferrable skills for future positions.

I enjoyed the people, culture and management was exceptional and had the opportunity for advancement into a promotion while – more... employed with hp.

The most enjoyable parts of the job were working with the amazingly brilliant, fun and friendly people. – less
No job security
Technology Services Sales Representative (Former Employee), CaliforniaJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits, work life balance and flexibility
Cons: pay, management, opportunity for advancement
HP is downsizing dramatically. So, although it is a great place to work, there are Workforce reductions taking place all of the time. I was in technology services sales and traveled 25% of the time with all expenses paid and got the opportunity to work from home 2 days a week. However, it is my understanding that they are moving away from allowing people – more... to work from home. – less
Great Place to Work
Field Support Technician (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 16, 2014
Excellent Work Environment - Looked forward to seeing my co-workers each day!
A good and solid place to work.
Pre-Sales Engineer (Solution Architect) (Former Employee), Vancouver WAJuly 16, 2014
A HP is a view friendly place to work. The Vancouver office is a nice building located in a good area convenient to restaurants and shopping.
Global Ocean Procurement management in fast paced global supply chain network environment
Global Logistics Ocean Procurement Manager (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: work with very diverse global teams in company with great history and reputation
Cons: over engineering processes that require manual intervention to maintain
Work with global teams located in Asia, Americas and EMEA dealing with global contracting for ocean transportation and supporting capacity management.

I've have a in depth knowledge of ocean contracting both price and terms & conditions. This experience is from both an Ocean Carrier and Shipper perspective as I have spent an equivalent amount of time – more... working in both areas.

I very much enjoy working with our Logistics Service providers (Carriers) both in the contracting and operational side, along with working with my co-workers in HP. Within HP my interactions spans, regional and global logistics teams, business units, finance, freight payment, legal, regulatory and I.T. groups.

The hardest part of my job is finding enough time to provide logistic, ocean transport specific awareness training. As often issues arise because internal stakeholders do not always understand the roles and responsibilities of the our various logistics service providers.

I enjoy leading programs and establishing processes that drive more efficient and cost effective transportation of HP products globally. – less
Great place to gain work experience
Customer Engagement Management Advisor (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 15, 2014
The variety of your day helps to learn great multi-tasking and job experience in multiple departments.
great travel
Lead IT Field Technician II (Current Employee), Albuquerque NMJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches
great company great work• the most enjoyable part of the job
Poor guidance
Change Management Administrator (Current Employee), Boise, IDJuly 14, 2014
Upper management and the board's greed has lost touch with employee's needs. Almost impossible to advance or get pay raises.
Little focus on US workers' satisfaction, retention or appreciation.
Pricing Analyst - US Federal Sales Organization (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good front line people, work from home flexibility, good health benefits
Cons: comp, comp. no focus on retaining key contributors, no focus of business continutity and rewarding valuable employees.
I worked at HP for 9 years, I was a highly successful individual contributor and was promoted 4 times, unfortunately I did so under the guise that "during focal point reviews we'll make the comp adjustments". That never happened. As a result, I was working next to external hires, that had lower levels of responsibilities who were compensated as much – more... as 25-50% more than I was. Literally a common joke was that the only way to get a raise was to leave the company. That is the biggest complaint. We worked hard and had to be very vocal to get help to cover the work load, but did so after a year or so of neglect. I liked the majority of people I worked with but had zero faith in the abilities of senior management. Work from home privileges were nice, but have since been reeled in. I think everything I've mentioned is driving the very public demise that we're seeing both in HP value in the market place and stock price. It's sad, used to be a great employer. – less
Its ok
Material Handler (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2014
Easy job once you get the hang of it.
Management wasnt to bad.
CO-workers were so so

1 2 3 4 5

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more