HP Employee Reviews

Found 3,928 reviews matching the search
Family Complany
Test Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2017
In order to get hired on as a full time employee you'd have to related to a person working within the company, they hardly ever seemed to hire someone from outside the family connection there.
Most of the work has moved out of the country
CUSTOMER ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Nashua New HampshireAugust 17, 2017
Excellent place to work while the business was still based in the United States. Now, unfortunately, most of the manufacturing and distribution and support service jobs are outside the continental United States.
Pros
excellent salary, benfits, and career advancement
Cons
moved off shore
It's a good company to work that you can explore and extend your education to higher level
Sr. RF Antenna Architect (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 17, 2017
HP is a good company to work. It balanced work and live and allowing you to learn and seeking higher education. People are very friendly and easy to interface with.
Fidelity Information Services
Executive Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 17, 2017
A typical day consist of making sure the CEO system was working properly and Support all the other Executive Officer and Executive Admin's. Handle al the CCTV Presentation in the boardroom, ensure all equipment was working properly for the CEO to conduct conference calls, WebEx meeting. Support lower line Department heads that needed network assisting. Troubleshooting Network switches and routers when needed. Logged tickets using CMS program. Order equipment as needed for all executives.
Pros
Work close with the CEO of the company
Cons
Everything was always need it Now.
Productive and a positive place to work.
Prototype Tester (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 16, 2017
A very positive environment. Necessary training was provided. Great co-workers. Advancement opportunities were encouraged. Accommodated lunch breaks. I learned multiple computer skills that I will continue to utilize in the workforce.
Good Company with Flexible Work Hours
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAAugust 16, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company and working with the people. A lot of long hours spent with little job work/life balance. Job was defined around schedules.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Work Life Balance
productive
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  AnywhereAugust 16, 2017
Productive and fun work place with ping pong table.
Good environment to work with. the managment has to to friendly and helpfull . should be a growth in wok
Excellent company to work with
.Net Consulant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 16, 2017
One of the leading technology firms in the world, excellent work environment, use of latest technologies, overall excellent management and fantastic team.
Hardware Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAAugust 15, 2017
HP is a good place to work. Slow in some areas. It can be improved. Good management.

Things move slow in the chain and management structure has layers.
Diverse Global workforce with many challenging opportunities
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 14, 2017
Finding the right manager and the responsibilities you like is the key to enjoying the work you do. I was lucky for most of my career that the management allowed me to grow into my potential, to both benefit the company and myself.
Pros
Relatively open environment
Cons
Downsizing a continual worry
Good culture, team oriented, fast paced, and good services.
Global Account Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 14, 2017
Typical day starts out with con-call(s) with multiple account teams discussing pipeline, delivery issues, customer concerns, new business strategy, management updates and upcoming customer events.
My accounts are generally global which bring some complexity due to different cultures and labor laws. I have over all service level responsibility for all service contracts across all business units.
I enjoy coaching my employees insuring we work as a team. What I have learned is it's critical that sales and delivery be on the same page. The better were connected at the hip the better the chance we all have to win.
Pros
Healthcare, company car, good salary.
Cons
Global nature meant always on call.
great place to work at
Material Management and Procurement (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 14, 2017
great management and benefits. i had a great time working at hewlett packard, the people i worked with were great. there were a lot of opportunities to advance and get promoted. i had numerous training opprotunities at hewlet packard. Salary wasgreat as well
Pros
great benefits
The Environment is changing
Systems/Software Engr V (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 14, 2017
I no longer have a typical day of work. I liked my job and direct management. The company is now as it has been for the last many years in the throws of reinventing itself.
Pros
Good People and Good work
Cons
Not sure what the long term goals are.
Great Company
Customer Service Engineer / Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 13, 2017
All good things must come to and end. HP was good they just have been changing over some of their business models and that changed the dynamic of positions and the people that filled them. All in all great experience but it ended.
Pros
Company Vehicle, Laptop, Phone, Card for expensis. Great Work Culture
Cons
Management, Position Ending
Sold our jobs to overseas
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 12, 2017
I was very happy with my job, they sold it to overseas contractor for lower wages. I was very upset, but they did give me the push I needed to return to school.
Ok job
Enrollment Services Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 12, 2017
This place was ok to work for. A lot of miscommunication. This job lacked the leadership needed to be great. Workers were not paid accordingly. No real advancement in place.
very fun and easy to work here
Sales Representative, HP (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILAugust 11, 2017
would go into different stores such as office max and best buy to demo the newest HP products such as laptops, all in ones and printers. Management was very friendly and kind.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 11, 2017
Typical Call Center

-numbers driven
-inbound calls, both sales and technical
-large teams
-no unity between supervisors or teams
-monetary incentives for stats
Pros
A few good supervisors, free food fairly often
Cons
calls, management, pay, advancement, culture
A fun place to work
WW Sales Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 10, 2017
My day started around 5:30 am ended around 9:00pm about 3 times a week. HP is a Global company and I was in the world wide group. Usually, my European meetings were early morning and Asia were late in the evening. I learned to deal with different cultures, and be patience. I'm a team player and I like to get things done.

The most difficult part of my job was to keep and adhere my group to the timeline set for the projects. Dealing with cultures is a true learning experience, but I did. I always deliver on time and under budget. But, I enjoy working and talking to people to ensure that all the deadlines were met.
Pros
Worked from home. Flexible hours
Benefits
Typical Day at HP
SQA Test Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2017
Learned a great deal about security testing. Management was really good. Hardest part of the job was just knowing which project was due at that particular time Loved the pressure of getting tasks accomplished.
Pros
Great Work Environment and People
Cons
Old Equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval