HP Employee Reviews

Found 3,329 reviews matching the search
Level one Manufacturing manager
Operations Level 1 Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2016
I managed employees and contractors
Learned how to be an effective manager
Enjoyed working with my coworkers, great team
Layoffs are the hardest part of the job. I had to lay off employees and then I was laid off back in 2015.
Great People
Global Strategy Manger (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 26, 2016
Enjoyed the work there and had a great career. Business has changed quite a bit and is much harder to move into new positions.
Pros
great people
Cons
difficut business
Mellow Enviorment
Computer Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2016
As long as you got your work done on time, there were no issues. The work group was very lax and understanding with me as I was straight out of college.
Great company to work for
Hewlett Packard Server Automation Administrator (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 23, 2016
I would love to stay with HP, but because of a company merger my section is being laid off now. Great working remotely. People in my organization was so friendly I loved working with each one.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
Laid off
Decent Place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 22, 2016
Opportunity to travel, good culture for the most part. Company started going downhill the last few years. Lots of layoffs, stopped caring about employees.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Constant Layoffs
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 21, 2016
I worked here for 9+ years and was laid off less than 60 days ago due to a work force reduction and now my job is back open because contractors and third party could not do the work. Other than that it was a great job.
Pros
company car, decent pay
Cons
long hours, constant threat of work force reduction
Great place to start and grow career
Software - VM Explorer Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TxSeptember 20, 2016
HPE has allowed me the opportunity to work in positions I never thought I would. Great managers, and great place to work, Co-workers and management is great
They promised full time
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  NJSeptember 20, 2016
They pay well and all that but they say anything to get you to perform the job. They promised me a full time after I graduated but im yet to hear from them regarding that
Pros
High salary
Cons
Lots of travel
My Day
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MASeptember 20, 2016
Entered and maintained provider applications, contracts and updates into the system and provider information into credentialing database. Communicating effectively and courteously both orally and in writing and demonstrate empathy in difficult interpersonal situations
Verified potential and existing Provider’s licensure, liability insurance, and BNDD, CDS and DEA certificate.
Fun workplace
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  MexicoSeptember 19, 2016
Offer good benefits, 401k, healthcare, dental. Great atmosphere very team oriented. Fast pace work so time flies. Great place to work and start a career it has so many opportunities
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Great benefits
No Growth Opportunities
Software Designer V (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 18, 2016
Too much middle layer and Lack of Transparency

Company and their resources are stuck with people who doesn't want to advance in learning new technologies.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
No Upward Mobility and Compensation Sucks
Great company
TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 18, 2016
HP (MarketSource) has been a great company to work for. Mostly managed remotely so you were left to manage yourself and schedule your hours.

Extensive use of remote clock in and reporting aswell as a vast amount of training material allowed for you to have multiple resources and support at the tip of your fingers.
Great hours with flexibilty
Field Technical Support (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 16, 2016
Work as a computer technician and job is up/down. you never know when your busy and they know that and don't get on your case for it.
Student Internship
Business Analyst / Information Systems Internship (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRSeptember 16, 2016
Assisted in the creation of an ERP Program (Enterprise Resource Planning) for Computer System Department Team. Student Internship for University of Puerto Rico in Mayagüez.
Great place to work. Loved the people.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 15, 2016
Great company, however, with the split, things are a bit unsettling at this time. Employees are not sure if their jobs are secure or not, which leaves them a bit scared.
Productive place and laid back environment
Customer Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARSeptember 14, 2016
A typical day at work consists of being very productive but the environment is laid back. Management is decent but could use some improvement. The hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines, but I enjoy being busy at work.
Learn alot
HP Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2016
As an interned I learned alot about the company. There are many different positions Can be a bit stressful. People from all over work at HP. A lot of room for advancement. Overall great company
Constant growth hits a wall with new blood...
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 12, 2016
HP is constantly changing and constantly evolving; yet, HP always looks for new talent from other companies and those "old dogs" are bringing their old tricks to HP and its complex processes. Frustration is definitely there even though we have GREAT people that exist here and make the culture so much fun to work for. :)
I love my Job
Level 1 Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCSeptember 11, 2016
Great opportunities, excellent company that cares for their employees. Great benefits. Nice Supervisors. Paid vacations.
A great and fun work environment
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMSeptember 7, 2016
Elite, Care Pack, and Support 1 representative. Taking inbound calls from customers with computers that need repair. Updating drivers, software, and firmware. Troubleshooting over the phone to properly diagnose issue and effectively replace parts, set up services, and repair in a time efficient manner. Maintaining customer satisfaction at all times. Communicating with customers using email and making outbound calls. Utilizing all available sources for proper diagnoses on all calls. Maintaining cases and make sure cases are closed properly and on time. Time management efficient.
Pros
1 hour lunch, onsite gym, value employees
Cons
Back to back calls