HP Employee Reviews

Found 3,395 reviews matching the search
fun works
DevOps Build engineer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 2, 2016
 Extensive experience in configuration, deployment automation with various App Servers like Oracle Weblogic, Web Sphere, JBoss, Webservers like Apache, Tomcat and more modern Web Containers like Nginx etc.
 Experience in administering Linux. Experience in Installation, Configuration, Backup, Recovery.
 Skilled at Software Development Life Cycles and Agile Programming Methodologies.
 Experience in working on source controller tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT and IBM Clear case , concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
 Experience in software build tools like Apache Maven, Apache Ant to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively.
 Experience in administering and configuring Nexus Repository Manager for Maven builds.
 Experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest.
 Worked and utilized Puppet hierarchy files, facts, and global variables, Created Custom as well as downloaded pre-written Modules and Manifests.
 Extensively worked on Hudson/Jenkins and IBM Rational Build Forgefor continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
 Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions (using scripting languages such as Shell, Perl (hash and arrays), JavaScript, AWK, etc.)
 Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, Cobertura, PMD, Findbugs and Checkstyle.
 Hands-on Experience of the J2EE Framework and its components as related to Java build, test, deployment and release management initiatives.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
Good environment to work in
Account Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 2, 2016
Overall Good place to work.
Decent management and opportunities for advancement. Co-workers were generally excellent to work with which made the work environment great to work in.
Use to be great
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORDecember 2, 2016
I enjoyed my years there for most of my career. The new directions the company has chosen is why thousand of us no longer work there in the USA
Great people but management was disfunctional
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CADecember 1, 2016
The R&D crossfunctional team across the globe are great. Very professional and thorough. Management is struggling to find their way.
Pros
Interesting work and great people
Cons
Disfunctional management
Lively
Technical Marketing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 30, 2016
Always changing environment. Co workers are awesome. Management can be transparent. Hardest part of the job is that things always change. Nothing ever stays the same.
Pros
People
Cons
Direction
Great pay horrible CE
Inside Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 30, 2016
Awesome job. Great pay, very fun people to work with.

I was an inside account rep, worked closely with our partners in helping our clients solve their technical needs.

Terrible CEO. Would fly in and promise there is nothing going on and then lay off 20 people for no reason the next day. Seen it happen many times until it happened to me right before Christmas when i was the TOP ISR in the west coast. Denied me my bonuses and my vacation I won.
Pros
Great pay/ benefits
Cons
Very poor management/ CEO
Great
Claims & Benefits Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 30, 2016
representative who consistently meets and exceeds productivity goals. Proven capacity to troubleshoot issues to resolve issues quickly. Maintains a high level of professionalism, patience and efficiency to minimize customer dissatisfaction and increase customer loyalty.
A very fun place to work in, a very good company to work for
Senior Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QCNovember 29, 2016
Very productive, a stress free work place, great relationship with co-workers really nothing negative about anything regarding working with HP.

I had a very productive client base, excellent sales opportunities, established an excellent relationship with my customers, my work day was very enjoyable.
no comment
Technical Support Data Center (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2016
I have achieved phenomenal results in workflow processes and provided excellent customer service support by gathering information and performing duties in a professional and precise manner. Quality assurance and providing top-notch technical support to firms and its clients is always my primary focus
Hewlett Packard
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORNovember 21, 2016
worked employees hard with little reward once owners retired
no pay raises or bonuses for several years
misleading customers about service center locations
Love HP Culture
\Global Operations Manager/PMO (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 20, 2016
People are great but post split company is doing major layoffs and not promoting. It used to be great to work for HPQ. There are no more bonuses, all work has shifted to Banaglore as they close many sites in US.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
mangement
notebook or desktop personal computer including networking and internet
Technical Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 19, 2016
Assisted customers with technical issues regarding their tnotebook or desktop personal computer including networking and internet Hands-on, problem solving, and Sales Of Point Support (SPS).
Pros
NICE LOCATION
Cons
HEALTH CARE
Large corporation with opportunity of learnig
Engineering Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2016
Nice campus. Diverse workforce from all around the world. Plenty of opportunities to lead/participate in different projects.
Productive and respectable workplace
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chico, CANovember 16, 2016
Hp was a very respectable place to work. It was very productive and hard working. Good work vibes well rounded. I like handing and sorting through work/case files.
Pros
Fun, relaxing, peaceful, productive, respectful
Cons
Making sure you have the energy to get up at 4 or 5am for work everyday.
Software Inside Sales
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Leader in PC and Print
- Fun place to work
ok
Senior Cloud Platform Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CANovember 14, 2016
I have worked way too many years ago at HP to provide a qualified review, but by experience has helped me gain the jobs I have had since, which is a good thing.
Review of the company
Test Lead/QA Analyst /Application (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2016
It is awesome to work for HP. And the environment is awesome. The work was challenging and fun. We had a release to complete for every 4 months to include Waterfall and Agile Environments
A decent place to work as long as you don't worry about job cuts.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  The MidwestNovember 12, 2016
Coworkers were good to work with.

It was a good place to learn and implement new processes.

They were always trying a new way to cut corners and reduce staff.
Pros
A good place to become introduced to Corporate America.
Cons
You were never sure if you were slated for a Work Force Reduction.
Everything IT
A Member of the Global Telecom Operation team (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 11, 2016
I had a position on the operations side but this company gave me the opportunity to grow and learn more outside my role and responsibility. Great to work remotely with wonderful resources to help during training.
Decent Environment, Nice people,
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VANovember 11, 2016
After Receiving instructions from Supervisor to which line/section your working for the day, you follow the orders of the operator throughout the day.
I learned how to cooperate with people from all backgrounds.
Very Friendly and Team oriented.
Clocking in on time with so many employees and very little swipe stations.
The 25 cent coffee in the brake room.
Pros
Free cups of water, and gloves ang goggles
Cons
Cheap pay, Short brakes