HP Employee Reviews

Found 4,003 reviews matching the search
A Dream Job
Consumer Accessories Intern (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 22, 2017
As an avid gamer my role within the OMEN accessories team was a dream come true. Marketing and economics are my strengths and everyday I was able to implement what I learned in those fields to the games and hardware I am so passionate about. I feel truly blessed to be able to come directly out of college to an opportunity like this, where I am not only using my degree but also applying my skills to something I genuinely love. A real dream job!
Fast paced and demanding company
Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MASeptember 21, 2017
Company is building out capabilities in areas that are not yet developed. We are asked to come up solutions that are cutting edge. Typically working with customers to understand their needs and match with HP's capabilities.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation, roducts.
Cons
High Stress, Weak middle managment
Company is in too much flux
Converged Data Systems Project management Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Company is in too much flux trying to boost profits by reducing work force, mentoring, and innovation. Professionalism has degraded between peers and internal customers and are starting to take there toll internal with moral and work ethics etc.
Pros
Have a good experience and increased my knowledge base and worth
Cons
Too much finger pointing, siloed work environment, no team spirit
Interesting place to work for
Senior Support Field Tech Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 19, 2017
You can learn a lot from the business and its policies and practices with clients.
HP can be a very challenging and meaningful place to be employed by.
Pros
Yearly bonuses if you qualify .
Cons
Software used to keep track of clients not reliable.
Good opportunity
Training Delivery Manger / Consultant / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2017
Working at HP was interesting and a good opportunity to advance my skills in both management and technology. The opportunity at HP allowed me to understand the technology industry better.
Hp
Wal-Mart Stabilization Team member (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARSeptember 19, 2017
HP was a great place to work, until the company split, then split again, causing lots of layoffs.
A typical day involved sitting in my cubical staring at my computer and waiting for the phone to ring.
Stressful
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 18, 2017
Always hunting bugs and debugging code and trying to find out why this transmission didn't get to where it should have gone. Sometimes a nightmare. Very Stressful
Pros
Salary
Cons
Confused environment
Okay place for entry level, but no longer in operation
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INSeptember 18, 2017
I was hired to do contract work here, but the place is no longer in business. The management was okay and the work environment was fun, but that had more to do with the people than the management/environment.
Nice place to work for
Server assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2017
I worked as an assembler. I enjoyed my work. It was not hard and if I had any type of problem I would receive help for co-workers or coordinators. Not much paid, but as a first job i recommend it.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No healthcare or medic aid or any type of aid
The Hardest Part of the Job
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 14, 2017
The Hardest Part of the Job was work life balance. When taking vacation it was difficult to disengage from work. Too many meetings made it difficult to complete assigned work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships created with your coworkers.
Pros
Great retirement and medical benefits
Cons
Bonuses are not equally distributed to the employees, disportian
Great colleagues
Tech Lead, Bus. Analyst, Product Mgr, Project Mgr (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 14, 2017
Lot of good people left the company in early 2010s. Company still going through layoffs frequently. Must not be very good for employee morale. Salaries also not that high, I hear.
Ok Place to work but no chance of being hired
Server Admin (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Being a contractor with companies in America today. Some of the companies treat you like a second class citizen and that's for most of the companies that I've worked for these past couple of years. Dell, Intel and so forth.
Cons
No chance of being hired on as a permanent employee
Not a bad place to work at all
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 13, 2017
I worked a standard support role within the company. Nothing really much to be said about it. I was contracted, my contract ran out, I wish I could work there more.
Productive and learned a lot
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 13, 2017
HP takes care of employees. It was a great opportunity to work for such a well reputable brand which alone gives you a lot of opportunities when working in sales.
Pros
Working Remote
Cons
Little investment into the products
HP Culture
Network Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 13, 2017
Lack of continuity. Bad people management in regards to hours and benefits. Lack of advancement opportunity. Great direct manager and schedule flexibility, bad upper management.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Everything else
Friendly work environment
Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 12, 2017
very friendly people and i love the way my manager treats the team
the hardest part is the deadlines from the client even though with the support of my team and manager able to finish the deadlines..
Assembly line
Assembly line Stocker (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 12, 2017
Fast Paced, you stand on a line and put products in a box as fast as it comes down the line.
I eventually stocked these lines which meant I replaced the boxes of product when they ran out, and pulled pallets of products around.
The pay sucked as it was a sub contract, but I met more different kinds of people there than any other job.
you basically come in a s temp, then get hired on if your good enough .
Pros
meet new people, Regular schedule
Cons
low pay, hot in the summer, cold the winter, cant wear pockets
Hewlett Packard
* Good People
* Stressful
* Paid Overtime
* Good benefits
Pros
Love this company
Cons
Company was recently spun out
Strategy & Market Intel (Former Employee) –  New York StateSeptember 12, 2017
The HP that exists today was recently spun out from the larger corporation it was when I worked there. I don't know much about working at the new company.
Productive and fun.
Business Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 12, 2017
This was contract assignment . HP is a good place to work. I had several assignments at HP. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the HP employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.