HP Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,177 reviews matching the search
Fun and rewarding Job
HP Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverside County, CA/ San Bernardino CountyMay 7, 2016
This job was fast paced and never repetitive. On a average day I visited 2-4 locations. Trained employees on new or coming soon products and the knowledge needed to answer all their potential buyer questions. Also took inventory of Hewlett-Packard Products and assisted customers with their purchasing decisions in comparison with competitor brands and what they offered in Features, Price, and Specification. What I most liked was training associates in large groups and get them excited about new technology being shipped to their locations.
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
3rd Party Store visits only 2-4 hours long
It's okay
Project Manager/Product Manager/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 18, 2016
Since the company split, management roller coaster has followed. Most of the team are hard working and honorable individuals, but the turnover is taking its toll. The corporate decision to hire college level individuals during 2012-2015 is really contributing to the dilution of knowledge and experience to complete any task efficiently or effectively. Too many people have left the company for internal systems to falter and become unstable.
Pros
Easy Commute
Cons
Too much corporate restructuring and lack of knowledge
Casual dress code, flexible work schedule, cafeteria with many choices, gym, walking trails, clubs, etc
Compass Field Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 10, 2016
The great part of working for HP Enterprise are the people, flexible work schedules, casual atmosphere. The challenge is the ongoing workforce reductions which has reduced morale leaving employee's feeling discouraged. There is no loyalty to employee's. You can work hard, be a committed and valuable employee with year after year exceptional reviews and be gone with a blink of an eye....very sad.
Professional Work Environment with minimal direction
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAApril 27, 2016
The co-workers are the best part of the day but the full time employees are worked very hard with very poor time lines. The management is very laid back and doesn't express interest in helping you grow as an employee or person. I was able to learn multiple systems while I was there but the operation system is very outdated.
Pros
The co-workers are very easy to get along with and have each other at heart
Cons
You never feel secure, your voice will not be heard
Everyday A New Adventure
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 18, 2016
During my time with HP I learned to always expect the unexpected. A typical day included, assisting customers with system issues, setting up new systems, and adding devices to the network. These were just a few of the skills learned while at HP. Management always encouraged us to be confident and precise with our work. I firmly embraced that concept and also included what I refer to as the 3 P's. Patient, Prompt, and Polite. These five elements added to my success at HP and to my personal life. There was no "hard part" to the job. I take great pride in my critical thinking skills and excepted every challenge head on.
Pros
Daily Challenges
Cons
N/A
Remote position
Business Analyst II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2016
I worked from home for 10 years after I was promoted from Operations Assistant to Service Delivery, and then promoted to Business Analyst.

My team members worked from in different states, and also work remotely. We kept in touch on a daily basis. Communication was done through scheduled teleconferencing, email, chat messaging, and online conferencing.

We used MS Sharepoint to store shared documents and access each other's work.
Pros
I was able to work from the comfort of my home.
Cons
Long hours, up to 14 hour days.
productive work place, fun contract
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMay 6, 2016
Handled between 30-75 inbound calls per day. Included was the CD writers, Pavilion computers and the All in One printer. Basically assisted customers through setup and operation their new H.P.’s products, in some cases troubleshoot. Involved assisting customers with uninstall and reinstalled software, drivers, and hardware. Product replacement when necessary.
Pros
fee lunches and very knowledgeable co-works
Cons
sometimes it was difficult to get assistance on difficult calls
Bloated with problems at corporate
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 24, 2016
The printer division in Vancouver is fantastic, as are the people, but executive management, human resources, and legal, all located elsewhere, ruin as much as they can constantly. They are collectively either incredibly incompetent or they are competent at causing harm. It's hard to tell which.

As long as you can avoid anything from outside Vancouver, work will be delightful. There are days/weeks/months when 12+ hour days are required, but on the whole it is fantastic. The engineers are top notch and the Vancouver management cares.
Pros
Engineers, Marketing, and Management
Cons
Executive, Human Resources, and Legal teams
Needs to work on People skills and employee management relations
Onsite support Technician level II (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 26, 2016
Worked several hours of over time without being paid. Long hours including weekends and nights. Management was always passing projects that they should supervise to employees and wondering why they werent done. when projects were just given on the day of completion. There was no job security nor advancement even when employees went far and beyond to get the job done within time constraints. Worked for the company for over two years and never advanced when all of my employee reviews were above average. The Job culture here is to make sure the customer is happy but Not the employee.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, No work life balance, no over time pay.
Uncertain future, wavering leaders
Big Data Value Creation Leader (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 23, 2016
The days of ink and printing are behind us. HP Inc's future rests primarily with 3D (where most of the funding is going) and Graphics. Ink is, for all intent and purposes, dying.

Let me say this first: I love working at HP. People are smart, extremely hardworking and helpful. The issue is that the company used to think that the market would come to any product they built. Turning that around is proving a challenge.
HPE has loads of great talent.
LEARNING SOLUTIONS OPERATIONS CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 13, 2016
Collaborating with Subject Matter Experts and Project Team Members around the world and across functions is the BEST opportunity HP and HPE has given me. There are so many talented people who are working hard for the success of their teams and it is a joy to work with them and learn from them.

Watching some of these great collaborators leave through early retirement or not being close to a HPE site due to back to work policies is the hardest part of the job. It is also making career growth harder if relocation is not an option for you.
Productive work place
Manager of RAD (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
“Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California. It provides hardware, software and services to consumers, small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and large enterprises, including customers in the government, health and education sectors.”
Nice place to work, good people.
a typical IT place to work
I learned a lot
management is fine
co-workers are great
Creative, respectful and dedicated people
Principal Scientist/Tech. Dev. for 3D printing (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 30, 2016
The legacy and culture of HP withstands the test of multiple CEOs who brought divers leadership styles and business objectives. Without question, it is a place where dedicated employees strive to sustain and create new value in the market place.

I've been very fortunate in my career at HP in that I've experienced the learning of multiple life-times. Where else could I have worked with so many industries and technologies, and interacted with such a diverse set of customers (now friends).

It is a great place to work.
Pros
Self managed. Highly trusted.
Cons
Small cubicles
Great co-workers, below industry standard wages
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MichiganApril 5, 2016
HPE is a great company to start out with. They offer a plethora of learning opportunities and resources. They offer easy networking with co-workers worldwide. The groups often support a family style environment. They do not offer competitive salaries that keep pace with any other company. You can grow your knowledge base there, but cannot grow your budget. Job stability is also quite questionable.
Fun environment, very enjoyable associates and managers, rewards for doing a great job.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMarch 24, 2016
Hp was a very nice place to work. Always felt safe due to the security we had to go through to get in the building. It was a very fast paced job but the people made it a breeze and a very comfortable place to be all day. Having to unload, load, pack and unpack it can be very tiring but knowing that you are getting the job done correctly gives you that motivation to keep on moving and exceeding your goals every single day. The hardest part of the job is always trying to find and fix merchandise locations. The part I like most about the job I would have to say was my coworkers and the effort they put forth to complete our and our customers expectations.
Great co-workers, much job uncertainty
Senior Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 12, 2016
I worked with a great group of people who were professional and respectful and yet also were make the work enjoyable. This was good, as HP had been drifting for the last decade, regularly laying off people as it struggled to re-invent itself. Most of those efforts failed. As the years went by, HP gradually changed from being a company that planned for the future and always sought to make shake up the market paradigm with innovative products, to a company that seemed concerned only with the quarter-to-quarter bottom line.
No strategy or future for HP Inc.
Sr. R&D Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2016
There is no clear strategy or long term success plans for HP Inc. after the company split at the end of 2015. Executive management is just hoping to survive long enough for some Asian company to buy out HP Inc. or pieces of HP Inc.

There is no innovation or engineering at HP. It's 100% ODM outsourced to Asia. Any remaining engineering or technical support work is moved to China. HP in the US is sales and marketing only. If you are an engineer or technical, you don't want to work for HP.
Pros
Cons
No pay raises ever, no chance for advancement, constantly cutting bdugets
● Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work.
Recycling Inventory Materials Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2016
● Analyst of various assigned work areas, using sound independent judgment while providing guidance and direction to over 43 subordinates both written and verbal.
● Ensures a safe work environment with zero incidents or accidents while maintaining and stocking over $25,000 of materials monthly
Good working experience
Senior Linux/Unix System Administrator (L2) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2016
I enjoyed working for HP for the past 5 years. I had good experience on on the job. I enjoyed working my daily tasks, I have learned a lot on the job, Had multiple training from HP which improved my skills and knowledge. My team was nice to work with. Hardest part was the commute to work which took me 45 minutes one way.
Pros
Free trainings, Lunches, activities
Cons
Short breaks
Interesting work, skilled and talented people
Asset Management Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 12, 2016
Enjoyed working and communicating with many talented and skilled people globally. Enjoyed my job and the challenges. Learned a lot about the airline industry and operations. Enjoyed teaching and sharing knowledge with co-workers.
Pros
Ability to work from home for several years & learn new skills
Cons
Forced everyone back into the office, too far to commute safely, too many jobs being sent overseas