HP Employee Reviews

Found 3,680 reviews matching the search
Great Place to work
NSSR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 21, 2017
I loved working here. Great people, great management, the culture was great, you could work from home, very flexible. The only bad part was that it was mostly contract positions.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Mostly contract work
Best, most productive job I ever had!
Technical Solutions Rep IV (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 21, 2017
HP was the best corporate learning experience I ever had. Work was fast-paced with opportunities to be meaningfully involved in the process.
I was able to work in several lateral positions to meet business needs building my skill sets and network. At times, work life balance was challenging, but achievable.
When I moved to the next level in my career the team was global an I was able to work with different cultures and ideas.
Pros
Achievable work/life balance, career, not job, terrific culture
Cons
Laid off
Laid off - twice
Mission Critical Custom Storage/SAN Support (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 20, 2017
I was hired at HP right out of college, and got to move to California! HP was still a very highly respected company at the time, and it was an absolute honor to work for Bill and Dave, even though they had passed on a few years earlier. It still felt like THEIR company they started in the garage in Palo Alto so many years earlier. In fact, the FIRST thing they did was enroll me in an "HP Way" indoctrination class, where they taught us the HP Way, taught us about the old garage, and about how we were expected to remember these things and be proud of working for Bill and Dave. Then Carly Fiorina came in and ran it into the ground. First she presided over a HIGHLY unpopular and VERY ill-advised merger with Compaq, against the huge backlash from the employees who knew this was a terrible idea and would destroy the company. This along with extreme micro-management alienated her from the employee base to such an extent that when she was finally let go, there were literally people dancing in the aisles between cubicles singing "ding dong the witch is dead!" Unfortunately it only got worse with the next few CEO's. I and my whole team was told directly by upper management that there would be no layoff's for a one year period at the very least. So, I took a week vacation, and when I came back, found that I'd been laid off! Somehow, a re-structuring had occurred in the interim and our team was placed under a different group, and that group WAS having layoff's, and so we fell under that umbrella. Somehow I managed to be re-hired, and only lasted two more years before that team  more... was sent to a small town in New Mexico, which only lasted a few years before it shut down too, and everyone who moved there from California lost everything and are stuck out there with nothing. Thankfully I refused to go, and was laid off again a second time.  less
Good people
Systems Engineering Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2017
Positive work environment where you can focus on doing your responsibilities without too much micro management. Employee benefits are above most companies of this size.
Teams and departments have a high impact on your experience
Custom Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 20, 2017
Flexiblabiltiy in the schedule.
Management is not as strong as it should be.
There are a lot of changes taking place.
Great Education opportunities if you take them.
Great Place to work for
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 20, 2017
I learnt a lot while employed at HP and enjoyed the work and people

Great place to gain Customer Interfacing experience.

Continuous learning and the updating of laptops was very great
Pros
Team Interacting and Management listens
Cons
I have none at this time
Excellent spirit
Principal Server Farm Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cupertinio, CAApril 20, 2017
Excellent team and growth-oriented culture. Excellent documentation and pleasant facility. Too many management layers but mostly well managed. Flexible working hours.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No formal recognition system
Bad
Unix/Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 19, 2017
It was my first job, but it wasn't a good company. There was no growth and no culture. It was almost impossible to growth or change teams. Not recommended.
Fast Moving Evolving Company
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Granite Bay, CAApril 19, 2017
HP provided a great amount of experience on being in a company that allowed you to be involved with many facets of the sales and marketing team. My managers allowed me the autonomy to make decisions that let to the success of the team. The management was clear as to what was expecting in regards to responsibilities and results.
Productive and fun workplace
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2017
Hewlett Packard (HP) is a name many businesses and households have heard and they live up to their desire to grow, engineer and promote healthy workers (mind and body) by offering work life balance. The enjoyable part of the job was consistently learning new avenues to apply skills acquired through peer to peer training. The hardest part of the job was being apart of the department that was downsized.

Want to know more about HP?

Ask a question
Day to day
Managing District Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2017
Con Calls and meetings. I leaned to manage my time as I am the supervisor for seven states. the Work place culture is constantly changing. the hardest part of the job is the new management. The new management doesn't lead. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team.
Pros
The team and the constant learning
Cons
The loss of work life balance
Hewlett Packard
Strategic Account Manager Hewlett-Packard Software (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 17, 2017
The company has split into two companies HP and HPE. They are on two different paths. They are certainly changing and focusing on hardware and services respectively.
Front Line Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 16, 2017
I have very fond memories of my time working for HP. Every day brought some new and interesting challenges that felt rewarding to overcome. I always felt appreciated by management while there as well.
Pros
Flexible breaks, competitive pay
work life balance
UNIX Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesApril 14, 2017
work life balance are implemented @ HP. they making sure that every employee deserve a work, life with their friends and family. They give their people opportunity to grow - free certification, like ITIL, HP UX, LINUX, which i got mine. I m migrated here in US and i still want to go back to HP, which for me the Best Company i ever had.
Pros
Free Coffee, lots of freebies, Healthcare
Temporary Job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2017
This job was a temporary job for myself before leaving off to college. The workplace was not bad and the people were very helpful. It was all assembly line work so not difficult work at all.
Room for advancement
REPAIR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2017
HP is a growing company. They hire many of their warehouse workers through temp companies and will the temps if their work ethics are great. Great benefits and great pay.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
titles
Expect Long Hours
Texas - Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2017
Expect long hours but also good returns. HP rating system depends on how well you step on your peers to get to the top of the pile. Good benefits and frequent layoffs.
Best company in the world
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DE 19808April 12, 2017
Really enjoyed working for this company, they did everything right for its employees as well I learned allot about corporations and how they operate. Cheers to HP
Avg working conditions
GlaxoSmithKline Lead Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCApril 12, 2017
Most of the time, my department was under the threat of outsourcing, which caused some coworkers stress/anxiety, as evidenced by being by HP, ACS, and GSK while working in the same space. Management was located in Pennsylvania, so daily contact was below average. Communication with management was sketchy.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Outsourced environment increased stress
Satisfactory
Research & Development Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 12, 2017
You work that you may keep pace with
the earth and the soul of the earth.
For to be idle is to become a stranger unto the seasons,
and to step out of life's procession, that marches in majesty
and proud submission towards the infinite.

When you work you are a flute through
whose heart the whispering of the hours
turns to music.
Which of you would be a reed, dumb and silent,
When all else sings together in unison?

Always you have been told that work is
a curse and labor a misfortune.
But I say to you that when you work you fulfil
a part of earth's furthest dream, assigned to you
when the dream was born,
And in keeping yourself with labor you
are in truth loving life,
And to love life's labor is to be intimate
with life's innermost secret.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval